Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (636290 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nnfe(f): 9:12pm On Feb 28, 2017
Akposb:
@Nnfe I hope when you use alcohol to douse your fears or self-consciousness, it will not intoxicate you as to to do some funny things.

It is a common trait that introverts often feel all eyes are on them but how about showing those eyes you are confident. Please don't let alcohol become your confidence, let it spring up from within you.
cry sad
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Lunaxskin: 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hello , I stumbled upon this lounge...I dont even check family forum even though am always online 24 /7

u can ask lalasticalala lol

as an introverts on this forum plz try and google this personality disorder called SCHIZOID

its an eye opener in over coming and knowing the dept of been an introvert..
I will be available for ur questions.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
So i went ahead to know more about the schizoid disorder, its difference with the Introvert personality and this is what i found....

http://www.skepticink.com/gps/2016/04/08/introversion-vs-schizoid-personality-disorder/

People also gave opinions on this issue....

"Introvert is person who's the opposite of extrovert, so in simple terms they just aren't life of party. There is many reasons why person could be introvert ranging from social anxiety to just enjoying solo activities. So main trait of introvert is doing more solo activities then activities in group, there is also many kind of introverts and mixes between introvert and extrovert.

Schizoid in the other hand is personality disorder described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fifth edition, main use of the term schizoid is in the mental health field ash a way of diagnosing person who avoids social situations to a point where its deemed not normal human behavior. so basically schizoids main trait is that they choose to be not social even in situations that could benefit them or where the avoidance of social situations goes beyond of enjoying to be alone. Schizoid is also very rare and it haven't been really studied that much, mainly do the fact that schizoids don't seek help almost ever.

So to put it simple for you schizoid is what comes when persons need for solitude goes beyond being a introvert, its very fade line and there is no official point for it. Most simple way to diagnose schizoid is to look at if their avoidance for social situations hurts their life beyond their social life, person who avoids social situations if they aren't required is not a schizoid.

Also there are other mental health problems that may make the person seem like a schizoid, most notorious is depression ash it can make the person avoid social situations. To tell the difference if someone someone is schizoid or just depressed you need to look in to their past, schizoid would have been like this most of his life and he most likely enjoys living this way."

"Introverts simply get their "energy" from being alone. It has nothing to do with whether they can or do socialize. A lot of them enjoy socializing a great deal. But when their "batteries are low," so to speak, they recharge alone."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by adroitvezy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=GloryIsaac post=54179670][color=#770077][i] So i went ahead to know more about the schizoid disorder, its difference with the Introvert personality and this is what i found....

http://www.skepticink.com/gps/2016/04/08/introversion-vs-schizoid-personality-disorder/

People also gave opinions on this issue....

"Introvert is person who's the opposite of extrovert, so in simple terms they just aren't life of party. There is many reasons why person could be introvert ranging from social anxiety to just enjoying solo activities. So main trait of introvert is doing more solo activities then activities in group, there is also many kind of introverts and mixes between introvert and extrovert.

Schizoid in the other hand is personality disorder described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fifth edition, main use of the term schizoid is in the mental health field ash a way of diagnosing person who avoids social situations to a point where its deemed not normal human behavior. so basically schizoids main trait is that they choose to be not social even in situations that could benefit them or where the avoidance of social situations goes beyond of enjoying to be alone. Schizoid is also very rare and it haven't been really studied that much, mainly do the fact that schizoids don't seek help almost ever.

So to put it simple for you schizoid is what comes when persons need for solitude goes beyond being a introvert, its very fade line and there is no official point for it. Most simple way to diagnose schizoid is to look at if their avoidance for social situations hurts their life beyond their social life, person who avoids social situations if they aren't required is not a schizoid.

Also there are other mental health problems that may make the person seem like a schizoid, most notorious is depression ash it can make the person avoid social situations. To tell the difference if someone someone is schizoid or just depressed you need to look in to their past, schizoid would have been like this most of his life and he most likely enjoys living this way."

"Introverts simply get their "energy" from being alone. It has nothing to do with whether they can or do socialize. A lot of them enjoy socializing a great deal. But when their "batteries are low," so to speak, they recharge alone."

I actually checked it too and my result is almost the same as yours.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 02, 2017
Arsenate:
because i keep to my self a lot, people misconstrue that as arrogance, rudeness or snubbish. it used to bother me alot. now I don't seem to care.

Very true.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Alphasoar(m): 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
RICKYMARIO:
Nice question
I think it becomes anti social when it seriously strains our relationship with people, i've come to realise that we actually need people (no matter how few) to reach greater heights in life.
perfect answer there¿¿
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Alphasoar(m): 9:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
DonOms:

No. Low self esteem can be manifested in different ways and just about equally in both extroverts and introverts.
While Extroverts make their confidence clear to all, Introverts do not broadcast their confidence until it gets to the point they have to show it. Introverts can be really self-confident, hold themselves in high regards and show high self-worth.

As a matter of fact, since many introverts are introspective people and deep thinkers, they are often quite knowledgeable (generally or in certain areas) and this naturally improves their self-value. Shyness, refrain from interactions and withdrawal found among introverts have little or nothing to do with low self-esteem even though those traits can sometimes be the results of low-self esteem in some people.
seconded¡¡¡

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Alphasoar(m): 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
If you as an introvert will just utilize the power in you (write powerful journal, compose mind exploding lyrics, eject ideas into long standing discuss with boldness), there wouldnt be need seeking for relevance or dying in solitude. you will always have back ups, friends that will be coming around for more exposition or ideas from you and from there you build steady and strong confidence in yourself.
There is no need trying to go out there to be like others when you dont even know who you are. When someone asks you "who do you think you are?", we'll find you sweating profusely like christmas goat.
Value!
Self Worth!
Potentials!
Find them, utilize them!
Wehdone ladies and gentlemen.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Femillionairee(m): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2017
Another introvert is here. I've never faced any challenge being an introvert because to me, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. I don't go out. I stay indoor when I'm not at work. I have one or two friends and the only place I tend to mingle with people is at work because we are many there. And the nature of my work requires constant communication and hobnobbing. When I actually want to talk with people I do it on http://femillionairee.com. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by hammmedb: 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2017
I have been here before and I will always be cause we are family. A big shout out to olanrewaj and grace I can now make eye contact with people.
Keeping and starting convo is a big deal now

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Alphasoar(m): 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ajibel:
Introverts dont have a lounge.
Tell me where is paining you na!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Alphasoar(m): 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
A quick querry to all ghen ghen IntroKings$Queens:
why is it that introverts love quietness, dont like gossips and avoid association but cant stay noiseless. As a matter of fact, true introverts dont read when it quiet (they only think and dream away). If there is no where to get some noise, they find TerryG and hang on there headset. WHY??

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
Alphasoar:

Tell me where is paining you na!

Paining ke? Where did I mention pain?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Alphasoar(m): 9:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ajibel:

Paining ke? Where did I mention pain?
you sound pained.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 10:58pm On Mar 07, 2017
Alphasoar:

you sound pained.

Did you check the date I made that post?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by jaybeesneh(m): 10:02am On Mar 08, 2017
Contact me via whatsapp ==> 07089529340
If you want to buy mmm script for just 3000 naira only... Hurry up 10 people only
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by drippingink3: 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
You guys have gone far.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bashspeaks(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2017
IF You Don’t Want Your Kids To Be ill Mannered, You Have To Stop Making These 5 Errors http://bashspeak..com/2017/03/if-you-dont-want-your-kids-to-be-ill.html
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by debiliciousmay(f): 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2017
Being am introvert is one of d reasons I appreciate social media, am more comfortable chatting with someone on social media than talking in person. When situation calls for public presentation I dnt mind doing it. Sometimes I wish am better at expressing myself. I love myself anyways wink wink grin

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by uzoexcel(m): 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
oh, lol, i thought this was normal at childhood...associating colors with numbers....it was when in my early college years and i saw a childrens puzzle having to do with numbers which were all coloured...the puzzle was kinda easy for the average kid but i remember finding it difficult cos the colour combinations were all wrong (in my head)...i think i got very annoyed that day..lol....
though i v been unusually good with numbers...friends complain that i dont v a fonebook...for me i just remember the color combination at the moment i collected the person's umber and it just sticks...
to go a step further, these are the colors i see when numbers r mentioned

0 = black

1 = white

2 = green (light)

3 = yellow

4 = blue

5 = red

6 = orange

7 = ash/silver/grey

8 = purple/magenta

9 = red

Annais:

Good morning NLIL.

Synesthesia...So that's what it is called. I too thought everyone does that. It makes calculation easier for me.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Chirosey: 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
I think being an Introvert is quite boring... Being alone with your thoughts all the time, not being able to contribute in conversations not because you don't have anything to say but because the words won't just come out, turning down invites from friends because you can't deal with the crowd or pushing your loved ones away without even knowing.... How do introverts manage in a relationship?

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by preshdiva(f): 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
karleone:
Hello Beau49 & Corisande,

Do you still find yourselves in this world of Introversion?
We could be friends and fight it together.

Here's one hel of an introvert, but I try as much to fight that life. Believe me, it ain't a life worth being happy for.
Introverts are the best lovers. They just know how to put together all the broken pieces. But can there be a nice relationship, romantic relationship between two introverts? Wouldn't it be boring?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by karleone(m): 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
preshdiva:

Introverts are the best lovers. They just know how to put together all the broken pieces. But can there be a nice relationship, romantic relationship between two introverts? Wouldn't it be boring?

That they are introverts doesn't mean they won't have topics to discuss or know romance. Believe me, they're the most romantic -- coming from the angle that they tend to put in their whole mind and heart in a relationship. One of their biggest trait is that ability to woo that lady (coming from the guy's angle sha - though most of them have got the skills).

And, relationships are built on understanding. So, understanding themselves perfectly well won't brew boredom.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by IceDaNemesis(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2017
first time here
i actually have a problem with starting a conversation esp with girls and i can't even look at people straight in the eyes, even my siblings think i'm weird cause i like to be alone at all times

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ichommy(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2017
Alphasoar:
If you as an introvert will just utilize the power in you (write powerful journal, compose mind exploding lyrics, eject ideas into long standing discuss with boldness), there wouldnt be need seeking for relevance or dying in solitude. you will always have back ups, friends that will be coming around for more exposition or ideas from you and from there you build steady and strong confidence in yourself.
There is no need trying to go out there to be like others when you dont even know who you are. When someone asks you "who do you think you are?", we'll find you sweating profusely like christmas goat.
Value!
Self Worth!
Potentials!
Find them, utilize them!
Wehdone ladies and gentlemen.

Nice Point Brother.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2017
IceDaNemesis:
first time here
i actually have a problem with starting a conversation esp with girls and i can't even look at people straight in the eyes, even my siblings think i'm weird cause i like to be alone at all times
That's quite normal for an introverted young person. My guess is you're still very young (perhaps below 22) and trying to figure out how you (as a young adult) fit into a matured society.

Don't see your quietness and difficulty starting conversations as a problem. It isn't. It's just something you'll have to grow out of. It's easier for extroverts but it takes introverts a while to blend. Practice makes perfect. As I advice people, just start by developing conversations with people who are inclined to answer (waitresses, security personnel, attendants e.t.c.). Then in a matter of time, you'll feel more comfortable making conversations with just anyone.

As an introvert, you most likely will not become the life of a party or some garrulous type that will chat with every thing that has ears, or not. Introverts prefer solitude and get tired of small chats so brace yourself for this kind of life if you're predominantly introverted.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 1:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
DonOms:

That's quite normal for an introverted young person. My guess is you're still very young (perhaps below 22) and trying to figure out how you (as a young adult) fit into a matured society.

Don't see your quietness and difficulty starting conversations as a problem. It isn't. It's just something you'll have to grow out of. It's easier for extroverts but it takes introverts a while to blend. Practice makes perfect. As I advice people, just start by developing conversations with people who are inclined to answer (waitresses, security personnel, attendants e.t.c.). Then in a matter of time, you'll feel more comfortable making conversations with just anyone.

As an introvert, you most likely will not become the life of a party or some garrulous type that will chat with every thing that has ears, or not. Introverts prefer solitude and get tired of small chats so brace yourself for this kind of life if you're predominantly introverted.
And where have you been? shocked
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2017

An Open Letter to Highly Sensitive Introverts, From a Highly Sensitive Extrovert

Dear highly sensitive introverts,

As an extrovert, I’ve known quite a few introverts in my time. I actually used to think I was an introvert myself (turns out I just had really bad social anxiety). However, despite being an extrovert, I usually relate to and connect with introverts better than I do with other extroverts. This is because I’m an ENFP personality type, which is known as the most “introverted” extrovert. Also, like a lot of introverts, I’m a highly sensitive person (30 percent of HSPs are actually extroverts).

My passions, my worldview, and the fact that I occasionally need some days just to myself make me feel more like an introvert at times, despite clearly being extroverted. In other words, what I’m trying to say is, I get it. I may not feel or behave exactly as an introvert, but I’m similar enough that I can relate to your temperament — as well as admire it.

So, coming to you as a kindred spirit, here are five things I think could improve your lives. I’m not going to tell you to turn yourself into an extrovert — in case you think that’s where this is going. Anyone who thinks that everyone should be an extrovert either doesn’t know what introversion and extroversion are, or they are full of themselves. What I’m saying is we can learn from each other. It’s all about balance, right?

1. Stop and actually smell the roses
You see those roses over there? They’re beautiful, aren’t they? You want to admire them, memorize their patterns and scents, and write about them. Well, every now and then, it might be time to put the pen and paper away. Your world may be internal, but the world we all live in is purely external. It’s a beautiful anomaly, but it’s not always something that needs to be dissected or deeply understood. Really, it’s a marvel to be alive. So, at least once every day, take some time to appreciate your surroundings, and simply live. Sometimes the deepest and wisest thing isn’t to turn the fading rose into a metaphor for your coming of age, but instead to just admire it. That memory will still be there when you leave, and there will be other roses just as beautiful to write about later on. But this moment — this moment — only exists in the present.

2. Mr. Gorbachev
That is to say: Take down your walls! I know, introverts tend to be private people. They have a lot of thoughts and emotions, and if they spilled them out constantly, that wouldn’t do any good for anyone. It’s good to have a few walls surrounding your heart, and most people need a few. But I’ve had some introverted friends who have built up more walls than they needed. So, my advice to you is this: Remember that it’s okay to vent sometimes. I understand if you have your reservations about that. People can and will use what you say and do against you, but don’t worry, those people are in the minority. People may be more understanding and compassionate than you think, because they have problems of their own. You don’t have to constantly be spouting a poetic elaboration of your feelings and #deepthoughts either. You want to be taken seriously, I know, but indulging in some surface level things and loosening up a bit won’t harm your credibility. Trust me. I’m an absolute goof. But despite being silly sometimes, people will still hear what you have to say, and they’ll listen, despite the fact that you might not outwardly give the impression of someone who should be listened to.

3. Your feelings seem overwhelming
And that’s because they are. You don’t have trouble dealing with your emotions because you’re weak; you have trouble dealing with them because your emotions are so damn strong. As a highly sensitive introvert, you feel very deeply, and what you feel often defines you. It’s how you build your worldview and know right from wrong. Your emotions drive you, but they also pain you. Unfortunately, humans weren’t made right; we’re irreversibly dysfunctional. That is to say: There is no perfect human, and we all have parts of ourselves that don’t work ideally. You may wish you didn’t feel so much — that you could be one of those strong thinkers that let their cold logic determine their emotions. But who would you be without your values? Without your ideals? Your personal aspirations? Sadly, all of those wonderful, beautiful things come at a cost, and that is pain.

As a highly sensitive introvert, you have an amazing ability to dig deeper into things than most people can and to touch people in ways that many can’t. You often know exactly what others need to heal, and that’s purely because you’ve been there, and it hurt so much. Yes, you have your scars, scars from a pain that seemed far too overwhelming when it was still an open wound. But here’s the bright side: Your scars match somebody else’s open wounds. You have a great ability to heal, and that is simply because you know how painful it is to feel like you can’t be healed.

4. You aren’t always right (I know i've got an issue with this lipsrsealed)
Introverts tend to have very strong values, and that’s great. But sometimes it isn’t so great, because many introverts base their values too heavily on themselves. You can decide what’s right or wrong for yourself, but you don’t get to decide what is right or wrong for everyone else. Remember: Your world is not the world. What you feel is a good basis for your values and beliefs, but you should be able back up your opinions with reason and fact. You can’t get mad at people for not taking you seriously when you can’t justify anything beyond, “I feel like it’s true.”

For example, I once had an introverted friend who had the stubborn belief that it was irresponsible and immoral to keep a child from an unplanned pregnancy if you didn’t have your life figured out. No matter what anyone said, she couldn’t be convinced to even consider another perspective. Well, sophomore year of college, she got pregnant, and she ended up keeping the child. Her viewpoint changed so drastically and immediately that she couldn’t deny it was based on anything other than blind faith.

Introverts, I know it can hurt to be wrong, but sometimes you have to be willing to be wrong. Being wrong on your moral judgment may feel immoral, but it’s not. Refusing to give up an immoral belief out of self-preservation is.

5. I love you
I know I said some tough stuff, so can I just say now that introverts are amazing? From an extrovert to an introvert, thank you for existing. Introverts have this natural calm, controlled energy that most extroverts lack. Introverts tend to give the best advice and the best hugs, and you’re always there for me when I want to be alone with someone else in the room. We don’t need to talk so much. Being in the same room is usually enough, and I can’t tell you how much I appreciate that.

Your extroverted friend,

Torin....

#Copied
Link for those who care- https://introvertdear.com/news/highly-sensitive-introvert-letter-from-extrovert/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
Melsan:
And where have you been? shocked

Here and there smiley... Busy with life, I guess. I visit Nairaland often though - when I need to relax with funny comments. How have you been too?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
[quote author=DonOms post=54876899]

Here and there smiley... Busy with life, I guess. I visit Nairaland often though - when I need to relax with funny comments. How have you been too?[/quote
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 9:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
Melsan:
Been great..Good guess grin..You even get case to answer sef,not a serious one though. smiley
Case? Do I need to get my lawyer present as I answer my case? cool *Harvey Specter (Suits) to the rescue* grin Oya, open my case file...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by femsheart(f): 10:04pm On Mar 23, 2017
[quote author=DonOms post=54883208]
Case? Do I need to get my lawyer present as I answer my case? cool *Harvey Specter (Suits) to the rescue* grin Oya, open my case file... [/quo
You myt need Mike Ross' presence as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.