Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (639955 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
Gucciqueen38:
Lolz.. This is princess.. cheesy

Oh your Highness ,

You just dey switch lane.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2017
locust:

somethingcraft ni!

You mean like "winch" craft ni?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2017
pryme:

Your sure? cheesy

That means we plenty.
Well said
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2017
pryme:

Oh your Highness ,
You just dey switch lane.
cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
pryme:

You mean like "winch" craft ni?
Tiri gbosa for you..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
locust:

Tiri gbosa for you..
Smh
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
Gucciqueen38:
Lol.. You don't know your pynky again. cheesy

*comes closer*
I no hear you well..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
My own is dat i'll be ranting online but when it comes to offline, you go weak for me
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
locust:

*comes closer* I no hear you well..
Hahahaha grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
locust:
My own is dat i'll be ranting online but when it comes to offline, you go weak for me
cheesy you need one year fasting and prayers grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
Gucciqueen38:
cheesy you need one year fasting and prayers grin

Lol. kuku kill me. lemme go find small trouble for some threads
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2017
windflower
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Windflower(f): 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
pryme:

Let me guess you guys were busy struggling control pad, cos years ago that's the only thing that will keep me indoors all day.

But then, you have to open your self up to new experiences, sometimes being an introvert has its perks, but then it also has some weaknesses, you have to work on it too to live a fulfilled life.
Lol,control pad ke,not at all. Funny enough, I feel fulfilled and happy when I am alone,I do go out once in a while in the company of my female friends. Like you said in your other post about introvert not being boring. You are very correct,just because I don't like going out doesnt mean I can't be fun,its just has to do with if I am comfortable with the person.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
I believe Introverts stand a better chance to do Extraordinary things.
Take a look at the list, though I feel I stand to be corrected but I dont think it will be necessary.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Behold this list of famous introverts.

1. Albert Einstein - does this guy need any introduction? certainly not from me.

2. Bill Gates - I found out recently that some ppl dont know the name of the richest man on the planet.

3. Steven Spielberg - If you Know one of Hollywood's biggest Icons, then you should know Spielberg.

4. Isaac Newton - "State Newtons Law of Motion" x20 marks.

5. Michael Jordan - His Royal Airness, "I just saw a man fly"

6. Lionel Messi - Aguero felt Messi has an unfair advantage over him in Fifa, cos all Messi does is to play video games when he is not terrorizing defenders on the pitch.

7. Rosa Parks - Some of you wont know her, but She was the first Black person to stand up to a white man In Public, she was quiet but was the bravest Black person alive on the planet at that time.

8. Hillary Clinton - Nearly became the first Female president in the History of The Most Powerful nation on Earth.

9. Angela Joilie - She is second to none in all her movies.

10. Marshal Matters III - The Rap God himself. You wont believe this guy cant stand the internet, he doesnt even have a twitter account.

Honorable Mentions

Barack Obama, Mark Zuckerberg, Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Gandhi, Warren Buffet.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
Windflower:

Lol,control pad ke,not at all. Funny enough, I feel fulfilled and happy when I am alone,I do go out once in a while in the company of my female friends. Like you said in your other post about introvert not being boring. You are very correct,just because I don't like going out doesnt mean I can't be fun,its just has to do with if I am comfortable with the person.

Well, you can pretend to be an extrovert see how far that will take you cool
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Windflower(f): 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
pryme:

Well, you can pretend to be an extrovert see how far that will take you cool
Haha,don't think so. I am okay being an introvert,its my world and have gotten used to it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
Windflower:

Haha,don't think so. I am okay being an introvert,its my world and have gotten used to it.

What if your job is a high paying one but it requires you to be "out going" and the pay is very attractive wont you pretend? besides Introverts are known to be very good actors if they put their mind into it, because they dont act - they live it.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Windflower(f): 10:38pm On Nov 30, 2017
pryme:

What if your job is a high paying one but it requires you to be "out going" and the pay is very attractive wont you pretend? besides Introverts are known to be very good actors if they put their mind into it, because they dont act - they live it.
I get you perfectly cos I have been in that situation. I once lost a job for this reason,which was for the best anyway but now I try to moderate things and I wouldn't call it pretending like you did,cos being an introvert is by choice and not due to compliance. I can change to an extrovert if I want to but I prefer being me,cos peoples hypocripsy and backbiting is one thing that makes me to always want to be on my lane. Now I have learnt that being an introvert or not should not affect your work life,once there is a level of professionalism. I can speak to a large audience and you won't know that am an introvert.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pryme(m): 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
Windflower:

I get you perfectly cos I have been in that situation. I once lost a job for this reason,which was for the best anyway but now I try to moderate things and I wouldn't call it pretending like you did,cos being an introvert is by choice and not due to compliance. I can change to an extrovert if I want to but I prefer being me,cos peoples hypocripsy and backbiting is one thing that makes me to always want to be on my lane. Now I have learnt that being an introvert or not should not affect your work life,once there is a level of professionalism. I can speak to a large audience and you won't know that am an introvert.

I like this, it shows you have not placed any limit on yourself.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by walexzee11(m): 2:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
Dasherz:

I'm based in Akwa Ibom state
That's far from me ...... I'll suggest you be more relax with people, especially those around you. You can't give what you don't have. Cultivate the habit of friendliness and be attentive to those who matters, with time you'll come over it.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Elthugnificent(m): 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
Why ask extrovert to keep off?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2017
Elthugnificent:
Why ask extrovert to keep off?

Actually, that caveat isn't even necessary. Extroverts won't stay here even if they find this thread; it's not their style. tongue wink

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Elthugnificent(m): 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
DonOms:

Actually, that caveat isn't even necessary. Extroverts won't stay here even if they find this thread; it's not their style. tongue wink
LOL, so what's the essence of this thread? To gear us toward extrovertism. Or on how to be a better and modify introvert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
Elthugnificent:
LOL, so what's the essence of this thread? To gear us toward extrovertism. Or on how to be a better and modify introvert?

Have you read through the thread? Read the last 20 - 30 pages and you'll find your answers.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sarzai: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hello guys...how're y'all doing..well I just wanna say I'm working towards being an extrovert cos this introversion has caused me a lot..lemme not lie..like wats actually the advantage of it..I see it as a disease I swear..I'm yet to see an introvert that is proud of who he is

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2017
pryme, locust. How are you guys doing?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 02, 2017
Gucciqueen38:
pryme, locust. How are you guys doing?

fiery I'm fuccking down
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2017
locust:

fiery I'm fuccking down
Huh! What's wrong?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
Happy sunday all
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
locust:
Happy sunday all
Happy Sunday to you

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2017
Olarewajub:

The aim of this Lounge is to know our strength and weakness as introverts so that we'll be able to compete and cause positive changes in our (extroverted) society. For example, if you are shy, you can ask other introverts here about tips to overcome timidity, and also for anyone currently faced with any challenge, we can all support and see how to assist that individual by proffering solutions and lots of other benefits . It's a pity that majority of the introverts that have been to the Lounge just come here to announce their introversion and leave, thereby making the Lounge aimless and pointless . I'm still thinking on how to solve this menace. Got any idea?

The good old days....

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:08am On Dec 04, 2017
#ThrowNack
Jul 08 , 2016

Olarewajub:
Happy Weekend!!!
As i promised few weeks ago, these are tips to go about public speaking as an introvert base on my personal experience. I remember how i felt when i was told i would have to deliver a sermon in church as the Youth were being celebrated that particular Sunday ; i had no option than to accept. Looking back, i will be forever grateful for the opportunity. Here are the tips;

1. Preparation: As an introvert, preparation is the most important tool and key to a successful public speaking adventure. If you have been informed about giving a presentation publicly, you need to start preparation quite early and not wait till the night before the preparion. Late preparation might work for extroverts but definitely not for an introvert (maybe except you're a pro). One thing i’ve come to realize concering public speaking as an introvert is that you actually end up saying just 60% of what you intended saying, so you see need to “overly prepare”. If you are to deliver a speech for 30minutes, my friend prepare for 1hour atleast to be on the safe side. I had to prepare for a whole week prior to deliver a 35minutes sermon. During the course of your preparation, go online and get quality materials relating to the topic you'll be presenting. Preparation is not just only about getting a good piece of material but ability to communicate your ideal verbally. Stand in front of your mirror and evision yourself in front of the crowd and practice your speech. Failure to do this is detrimental. Remember every speech you give can make you better or psychological demoralizes you. Next time you have a speech to deliver, start preparation early enough.

2. Fear: Everyone whether introvert or extrovert experience or had fear at some point in time when given the task of speaking publicly. When i was informed i was to give a sermon, i became scared of how i will be able to face such a mammoth crowd. I didn’t start preparing and i made myself forget about the ordeal because of fear but it later dawned on me i needed to face the task. At a point i told myself “why the fear?” What fear actually does is that it kinda limit us and make us feel that the possible is impossible. Next time you’re scared about public speaking, tell your self “if Susan Cain can deliver a 19minutes TED Talk, then why can’t i deliver a great speech publicly”. You must programme your mind for success and not failure. Place your hand on your chest and say “all is well”.

3. Start somewhere: The truth is that you don't just jump from nowhere and start delivering public speeches; you gotta start small and from some where. Do you actually think i would have been able to deliver a sermon to a whole congregation if i haven’t been doing something similar ? Prior to delivering the sermon, i’ve been teaching Sunday school for over 3months. I’ve learnt how to relax my nerves, relate with my audience, maintaing and feeingl more confidant while speaking from teaching Sunday school. Delivering a sermon to the whole church, i simply saw myself teaching Sunday school. If you’re a student or a worker start getting yourself involve in small group discussion with you colleagues if you intend to give a great seminar presentation someday that make you achieve success and promotions. Don’t deceive yourself by saying i’m introvert i can’t engage in group discussion because i’m an Introvert. Bill Gate former ceo of Microsoft who is an introvert did a lot of presentation when he started Microsoft. Start small with a solid foundation. Experience matters a lot.

4. Control Your Heart Rate: Everyone of us can relate to this point. By the time you stand on podium in front of everybody to deliver your speech, you might start experiencing palpitation (irregular and sound heart beat) which will subsequently affect your speech and your facial appearance. To avoid this, practice the act of breathing diaphragmatically (inhaling and exhaling deeply just like babies) just before your speech. Make sure to have adequate night rest. You can decide to drink plenty water few hours to your presentation, so that your body can maintain homeostatis. Note that you will experience diuresis (excessive urination), that is more reason why you have to do this not less than three hours before your presentation inorder to allow your body get rid of excess water in the form of urine . If you drink excess water just before your presentation, you’re in for trouble and embarrssment and definitely on your own. Also make sure to rest adequately before the presentation, ensure you are not owing sleep any allowance.

5. Voice: As you begin the presentation, your voice might betray you by being a little bit shaky which is quite normal when giving a presentation in public for the first time. The problem with this is that it sends a message to your audience that you are not confident and this can be really embarrassing. This goes simultaneously with a racing heart. The remedy for this is to prepare adequately and over come your fear. Don't allow your audience to know about your fear, appear and act confidently with a smile. Also another thing you need to note about is your voice pitch. I had serious issue with the pitch at which my voice sounded while speaking publicly as it was always fluctuating especially whenever i'm using a mic. The solution to this problem is to always learn how to keep the mic close to your mouth like very close. Your audience need to hear you audibly. If you own a PC, you can download the software “Audacity” and use it as a voice trainer.

6. God factor: Like seriously, Yes. Pray to the god you serve to help you in giving a successful presentation. I'm thankful to God for the confident he gave to me that day.

These are the tips i have for now. Your questions, contributions and criticism are welcomed. All these tips are subject to modification as i intend to post this on my blog.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.