Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637807 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Penuelseun(m): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
Olarewajub:
I like people to come to my home, but i don't like them to stay too long.

Who agrees with me on this?
100% agree

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by seunmohmoh(f): 11:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
am an introvert... if what is listed here makes one an introvert then I am present

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sard(m): 3:01am On Nov 26, 2017
Olarewajub:

I do. Having a visitor for too long wears me down. I've had to pretend that I was going somewhere a couple of times to ensure some visitors leave.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Cc gidjah cheesy How are you doing?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2017
Gucciqueen38:
Cc gidjah cheesy How are you doing?
am doing fine sis, how did you spend your weekend ,hope it was good?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
gidjah:
am doing fine sis, how did you spend your weekend ,hope it was good?
Yes.. It was.. All thanks to God
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
Gucciqueen38:
Yes.. It was.. All thanks to God
all thanks to God for preserving the queen .
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2017
gidjah:
all thanks to God for preserving the queen .
Thanks wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
ObaofNigeria:
hello everyone!!!!
just stumbled on this for thread...
pls I having these questions
why is it eazy for us to notice other introverts in our environment and why is it like unlike our self we reach out almost spontaneously to speak with them??

One thing is very clear about most introverts: the absurd rule "unlikes attract" does not only reek of fallacy (except in the context of magnetism, of course), it sure does not hold for introverts. In an extroverted world that can't keep quiet, Introverts search for quiet endlessly. So when someone with a similar personality is seen, it becomes so obvious who they are simply because it's easy to spot an introvert in the midst of plenty extroverts.

When this spotting happens, attraction takes place and the introvert is drawn to the other introverted fellow. This very rare opportunity is then what drives an introvert to reach out though he/she would ordinarily not do so.

I have 2 introverted friends like me but who i would say are less introverted and unlike me they are not also shy (I am both introverted and shy) and with their help I was able to reach out to a small group of extrovert.
my question: at this point why is it that when I tell myself to consider making new friends I push it down as vanity although I know I can be friends with any body?

and why is my shyness raised to epileptic levels when a girl is involves

Truth is, many introverts want to make friends but because they soon get tired of the idea of friendship and "too much company," they would rather not start what they cannot finish. This is why we don't like making friends though we may secretly want it and are totally capable of initiating it. So the reason you see making friends as vanity is because your mind tells you that you can't sustain it and it's therefore pointless starting it.

Now, "raised to epileptic levels" is a very funny way to qualify degree of shyness. I'd say it's normal and it's not so much about introversion really. This has been discussed a lot of times here so please go over the last dozen pages of this thread. I posted something on this page that might answer your question:

https://www.nairaland.com/1830091/introverts-lounge-extroverts-pls-keep/135

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
Olarewajub:

I completely agree. In my own case, I don't even really like guests. I'd rather I'm meeting them outside my home unless they're very close like family. Home to me is like a personal space I don't feel comfortable sharing.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by timmykaydude: 1:26am On Nov 27, 2017
good to be here..am an introvert and it hurts alot, I wish I could be an extrovert. by the way nice to be here once again.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 27, 2017
seunmohmoh:
am an introvert... if what is listed here makes one an introvert then I am present
Your body is an extrovert though. See curves shocked shocked
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 6:56am On Nov 27, 2017
timmykaydude:
good to be here..am an introvert and it hurts alot, I wish I could be an extrovert. by the way nice to be here once again.

How and why does it hurt to be introverted?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by seunmohmoh(f): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2017
crownedrookie:

Your body is an extrovert though. See curves shocked shocked
u don run go check my profile
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 27, 2017
seunmohmoh:
u don run go check my profile

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by seunmohmoh(f): 9:54am On Nov 27, 2017
You are hereby sentenced to nairaland for life grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 27, 2017
Dont mean to be controversial but y'all be treating introversion like a medical condition or something, doing researchs, pulling up Wikipedia references and all. I rather expected to find a community of introverts enjoying the better company of each other that introverts are known to offer. Haven't been to the extroverts thread if such thing exists but I'm guessing they wouldn't be dissecting the word extrovert and its implications.
I'm not all that good in expressing myself with words, being an introvert and all *rollseyes* but I hope my meaning is not misunderstood

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 27, 2017
seunmohmoh:
You are hereby sentenced to nairaland for life grin
Will you be my warden?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by seunmohmoh(f): 10:09am On Nov 27, 2017
crownedrookie:

Will you be my warden?
; lipsrsealed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2017
seunmohmoh:
; lipsrsealed
Don't be shy baby. you gave the sentence. Its only right you enforce it tongue
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by seunmohmoh(f): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
crownedrookie:

Don't be shy baby. you gave the sentence. Its only right you enforce it tongue
okay no p
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2017
DonOms:

I completely agree. In my own case, I don't even really like guests. I'd rather I'm meeting them outside my home unless they're very close like family. Home to me is like a personal space I don't feel comfortable sharing.

That's very true. Sometimes as introverts, we may feel guilty because it's just as if we don't care about those around us because of our lackadaisical attitude towards the display of affection. I'm currently reading "The Introverts Advantage" and I've learnt alot about how to do away with such guilt conscience.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
By understanding the way your brain works, you can reduce shame and guilt. You can create the optimal environment for yourself. You can enhance your appreciation of your own unique introverted advantages.

"Introvert Advantage"
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
Perfect place to take a walk... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Windflower(f): 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2017
Olarewajub:
Perfect place to take a walk... grin grin grin grin
Waow,how I wish I could just dissapear there and take a walk to clear my head.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2017
Windflower:

Waow,how I wish I could just dissapear there and take a walk to clear my head.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

My Introvert Dream

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
Olarewajub:

That's very true. Sometimes as introverts, we may feel guilty because it's just as if we don't care about those around us because of our lackadaisical attitude towards the display of affection. I'm currently reading "The Introverts Advantage" and I've learnt alot about how to do away with such guilty conscience.

The guilt feeling is one big challenge. Fortunately, most people get over this if and when they discover themselves.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2017
Olarewajub:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
My Introvert Dream
seconded

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by charley94: 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
Olarewajub:
By understanding the way your brain works, you can reduce shame and guilt. You can create the optimal environment for yourself. You can enhance your appreciation of your own unique introverted advantages.

"Introvert Advantage"
how do I get this book

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by timmykaydude: 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2017
DonOms:

How and why does it hurt to be introverted?
have you experience a situation whereby people look down on you, they sees you as a fool? have you experience a situation whereby you can't start a conversation with a stranger even if you try, you get stuck in the middle of it? Have you ever been in a situation whereby you are innocent and even on your right, you end up saying sorry even when you are really angry inside? etc I mean these things hurt.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Kings1930(m): 12:08am On Nov 29, 2017
timmykaydude:
have you experience a situation whereby people look down on you, they sees you as a fool? have you experience a situation whereby you can't start a conversation with a stranger even if you try, you get stuck in the middle of it? Have you ever been in a situation whereby you are innocent and even on your right, you end up saying sorry even when you are really angry inside? etc I mean these things hurt.
VERY TRUE

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by timmykaydude: 12:38am On Nov 29, 2017
Kings1930:
VERY TRUE
have you experience it before.?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.