Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638776 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2014
2sExy1: Well, introversion isn't cool as it can limit one's potential if not carefully managed.

I am one naturally gifted singer with above average sonorous voice... I mostly listen to boy2men and fine tunned my style to theirs.

But for years I battled with my in ability to sing at gathering and thereby almost letting the talent waste.

I know how many times people have commended my singing or voice when I sing alone o. At NYSC sef one dude would ask me to just sing so he could hear.

During later years at school, I told myself that I have to sing even if it's once. It got to that day and I reluctantly worked to my school fellowship president/pastor, almost to the end of the program. My pastor wasn't happy because he felt I didn't inform him... The guy start dey speak in tongues while I smiled and almost denied me of that opportunity but the head, who was and still is my very close friend and pal told him to let me sing.

I introduced myself and the title of the song... A gospel song.

Funny enough na Acapella I wan sing o. Who go back me up. I nor even care.

As God would have it, the 2 people behind me knew the chorus.

And so... Na so I start o.

Silence engulf the room while I processed the first 3 words in the first versed. I looked at the pastor that was warning me and even gave me one minute lol. Cold enter everybody body for inside that hall that day.

Where the thing come scatter my head na as e reach chorus... The 3 of us took it in unison and with the other dude taken Baritone. Damn!

angry na so I vex...

Finish work...

Church scatter that day... See clapp. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked na me be this?

My other pastor who knew me right from when we started school cos we were first neighbours and then roommates till we graduated... Was just nodding his head like when you say "yes"

just try to avoid that useless voice that creeps in when you need to face certain new faces, crowd etc. In fact, do the very opposite of what it tell you to do and gradually, it will die a natural death.
WOW! I'm definitely gonna sing one day.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by REDBUNNY(f): 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
2sExy1: Well, introversion isn't cool as it can limit one's potential if not carefully managed.

I am one naturally gifted singer with above average sonorous voice... I mostly listen to boy2men and fine tunned my style to theirs.

But for years I battled with my in ability to sing at gathering and thereby almost letting the talent waste.

I know how many times people have commended my singing or voice when I sing alone o. At NYSC sef one dude would ask me to just sing so he could hear.

During later years at school, I told myself that I have to sing even if it's once. It got to that day and I reluctantly worked to my school fellowship president/pastor, almost to the end of the program. My pastor wasn't happy because he felt I didn't inform him... The guy start dey speak in tongues while I smiled and almost denied me of that opportunity but the head, who was and still is my very close friend and pal told him to let me sing.

Silence engulf the room while I processed the first 3 words in the first versed. I looked at the pastor that was warning me and even gave me one minute lol. Cold enter everybody body for inside that hall that day.

Where the thing come scatter my head na as e reach chorus... The 3 of us took it in unison and with the other dude taken Baritone. Damn!

angry na so I vex...

Finish work...

Church scatter that day... See clapp. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked na me be this?

My other pastor who knew me right from when we started school cos we were first neighbours and then roommates till we graduated... Was just nodding his head like when you say "yes"

just try to avoid that useless voice that creeps in when you need to face certain new faces, crowd etc. In fact, do the very opposite of what it tell you to do and gradually, it will die a natural death.
I understand this cos I'm a good singer too but once I pick the microphone I start singing off key so after two miserable attempts I never got close to singing in front of people again.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
REDBUNNY: I understand this cos I'm a good singer too but once I pick the microphone I start singing off key so after two miserable attempts I never got close to singing in front of people again.
that once happened to me... But you should practice very well before the d-day.

My first song at that fellowship was practiced very well o. Though it was brief, one sister begin say make I come join choir sharply. I laughed cos and wasn't unexpected.

Just practice... Do it often and often and often. For now, I am off that vertical because my mind is pre-occupied with other things. If I go church na to just go and come back... For now. I can't engage in any thing at the moment.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by prettiest1(f): 4:36pm On Sep 14, 2014
Lovexme:

It was until Liverpool lost. Better days ahead though.
eyaa sorry. Sure better days ahead.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by misterkay(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
MissJennifer:

Lol.....that's like the hardest part. But come to think of it, should one make friends so easily?,ain't we supposed to be careful who call our friends?

We should be careful of the people we keep as close friends, yes. But not necessarily about associating freely with others. It's not as if they'd corrupt us if we share a few chit chat with others.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
Nice thread. Proud introvert here. When I was still in Uni some of my departmental mates didn't even know me up to 300L coz I rarely talk to people. I keep few friends, I don't go to parties, always indoors. I prefer playing with my phone, laptop, watching movies, listening to songs and playing games. I love myself like that.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2014
Skateboard: Nice thread. Proud introvert here. When I was still in Uni some of my departmental mates didn't even know me up to 300L coz I rarely talk to people. I keep few friends, I don't go to parties, always indoors. I prefer playing with my phone, laptop, watching movies, listening to songs and playing games. I love myself like that.
grin grin same thing I did during my NYSC... Most corpers just didn't understand me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
2sExy1: grin grin same thing I did during my NYSC... Most corpers just didn't understand me.
LOL... I'm just starting service; this current Batch B. Last time I had a girlfriend was secondary school days, most people won't believe this coz I have this 'fine bad boy look'. I was never in any relationship in Uni even up till now, I'm a shy dude, hardly talk to girls. I'm improving on that now Lol
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
shegxi: u nid to be in d guiness book of recordgringringringringrin
Hehehehe naso.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Djtm: See peeps setting p with style.
Hehehehe
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2014

angry na so I vex...

Finish work...

Wow! You just described me a little. People always commend my singing voice when I'm singing on my own but I've refused to join any church choir. I would like to join now tho.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by abel14(f): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
Skateboard:
LOL... I'm just starting service; this current Batch B. Last time I had a girlfriend was secondary school days, most people won't believe this coz I have this 'fine bad boy look'. I was never in any relationship in Uni even up till now, I'm a shy dude, hardly talk to girls. I'm improving on that now Lol
lol..am also single..con use me practice na...*winks*
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by abel14(f): 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
Skateboard:

Wow! You just described me a little. People always commend my singing voice when I'm singing on my own but I've refused to join any church choir. I would like to join now tho.
same wt me..buh i joined d choir today.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
abel14: lol..am also single..con use me practice na...*winks*
Lmaoooo. *covers face*
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
abel14: same wt me..buh i joined d choir today.
I would like to join when I return to my PPA where I'm serving.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by abel14(f): 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
Skateboard:
Lmaoooo. *covers face*
shame shame....why shall i shy..*singing*
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by abel14(f): 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
Skateboard:
I would like to join when I return to my PPA where I'm serving.
wats PPA..??
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vikel2104: 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
ok. It's been a while since I last posted here. It seems this page is for musicians. Well I play the piano. Learnt 95% of what I play by myself (by observing the pros). I'm also on my way to becoming a pro that is, i'm above average though some people consider me a pro already but I know that I'm not where I want to be yet (I don't like to speak very highly of my skills so that my ego will not get bruised when I meet a better person and I'm more open to improvement that way). I'm very much comfortable playing in my church. I think i'm gonna continue playing piano for life. I love it. Any one who plays piano here?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2014
abel14: lol..am also single..con use me practice na...*winks*
i hope wen he ask u out dis tym, u no go cry shagringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by abel14(f): 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2014
shegxi: i hope wen he ask u out dis tym, u no go cry shagringringringringrin
*covers face*...m not a cry baby anymor..*since i joined ds thread#
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2014
abel14: *covers face*...m not a cry baby anymor..*since i joined ds thread#
oya clap for ursef.........
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
Skateboard:
I passed out in Feb this year, Batch A. Well, I never dated any girl during secondary school. It got bad that my sister asked if I were gay.

Never had much girlfriends all my life... Not even up to 4. I rarely engage in relationship of such... Until now. But for me... I don't want to have anything with a girl born in March... We don't mix well and I see them as crazy sets.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
vikel2104: ok. It's been a while since I last posted here. It seems this page is for musicians. Well I play the piano. Learnt 95% of what I play by myself (by observing the pros). I'm also on my way to becoming a pro that is, i'm above average though some people consider me a pro already but I know that I'm not where I want to be yet (I don't like to speak very highly of my skills so that my ego will not get bruised when I meet a better person and I'm more open to improvement that way). I'm very much comfortable playing in my church. I think i'm gonna continue playing piano for life. I love it. Any one who plays piano here?
I do too. I'm also self taught and I think I fall into your category. I've been playing since jss2.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 14, 2014
vikel2104: ok. It's been a while since I last posted here. It seems this page is for musicians. Well I play the piano. Learnt 95% of what I play by myself (by observing the pros). I'm also on my way to becoming a pro that is, i'm above average though some people consider me a pro already but I know that I'm not where I want to be yet (I don't like to speak very highly of my skills so that my ego will not get bruised when I meet a better person and I'm more open to improvement that way). I'm very much comfortable playing in my church. I think i'm gonna continue playing piano for life. I love it. Any one who plays piano here?
hmmm... Learnt all those yourself? I am not surprised. Most of the things I know today, I taught myself. I thought myself how to read and write... Strange but true. I did that by observation and I got to understand that each letters have their distinct sounds and when combined to make words, they have significant role to play. That singular trait has remained with me and aided me in many ways.

I have always loved the piano(or keyboard). It's the only musical instrument I would love to learn but never got the chance... To do it. Where are you based?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
abel14: same wt me..buh i joined d choir today.
lol...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2014
tmosco: All shy people are introvert, u just av 2 force urself 2 relate, it all abt mindset. U will b surprise abt d confidence u will av once u get ova d Hi phase. Still improving on myself. We just av 2 come out often.
true fact especially at d bold.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vikel2104: 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
2sExy1:
I have always loved the piano(or keyboard). It's the only musical instrument I would love to learn but never got the chance... To do it. Where are you based?
good to know you would love to play the keyboard. Truth is, you're never gonna have time to learn it unless you create the time. What you need is serious commitment and consistency especially as a beginner so that you can master the basics. For someone like me, if i don't play the piano for three months and i touch it again, you would not know that I've not played in a long time. Why? Because i've already mastered a lot of things. But for a beginner, you can't give long breaks between practices because it will take you a long time to master some things and you may even forget some due to the long break.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2014
Skateboard:

start small. You can do it.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vikel2104: 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
Djtm:
I do too. I'm also self taught and I think I fall into your category. I've been playing since jss2.
I also started around that age. From touching the piano after service to actually getting to play it and then moving on to improve as I got challenged by those who were better than me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
vikel2104: I also started around that age. From touching the piano after service to actually getting to play it and then moving on to improve as I got challenged by those who were better than me.
Cool. I started with those mini "toy" keyboards. I started by labelling the keys, at a point I discovered that playing the next two major notes produced a "rhyme" that was the beginning of my discoveries. I now download YouTube video tutorials to improve my skills.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vikel2104: 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
Djtm:
Cool. I started with those mini "toy" keyboards. I started by labelling the keys, at a point I discovered that playing the next two major notes produced a "rhyme" that was the beginning of my discoveries. I now download YouTube video tutorials to improve my skills.
nice. I prefer 'black gospel' style of playing. I grew up hearing that so when I set out to learn, I knew I was going for that
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Djtm(m): 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
vikel2104: nice. I prefer 'black gospel' style of playing. I grew up hearing that so when I set out to learn, I knew I was going for that
What do you mean by black gospel style of playing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.