Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,616 members, 7,847,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (644899 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by timijoseph01(m): 11:22pm On Jun 21, 2015
iamayodeji:

You might not really know if you are an introvert when you were a kid (especially if you are not a melancholic introvert). But one thing is certain, you only enjoyed the company of your little close friends back then, isnt it? Its possible you are playful with them, thats because you are used to them.
right... 100%
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
Brownhypo:
I'm just the different person in my home ,no one seems to understand me. Even in my work place, my Boss would say am too quiet to a fault, pretty embarrassing. I derive pleasure in being in a quiet place. I'm always found of surfing the net and reading books that would add value to my life..I find it difficult to start up a conversation....

I'm not the shadow of myself, I love being an Introvert...

You are welcome.

Like a wise saying, It is more expensive pretending to be someone else. Continue to love being yourself
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
blublahd:

Sure....but introversion in some cases are induced based on circumstances and in the actual sense of the supposed 'introversion' is narcissism.
For an introvert, you seem quite defensive.

so we ain't obliged to be defensive? undecided

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
blublahd:
At what point does introversion becomes narcissism?

First, let me appreciate this question. Thank you.
I think there's a sort of thin line btw the two. But since most introverts are shy, i don't see the narcissist tendency creeping in. So the case can be rare for a shy one.

Now, one that is with an egocentric view of him or herself, the chances are very high. Since narcissim is associated with a negative self gratification. Hitler was introverted but also had an unhealthy pride about the germans being a special race. If u see such tendency manifesting, i suggest u nip it while it is still in its nursery state. For it is hard to contain it when it is full blown
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Qu3sT(m): 11:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hi guys, just found this lounge and not sure what to talk about on my first post but going through the thread I must say a lot of introverts (myself included) don't like fake things and many extroverts come across as fake and shallow and so we tend not to interact with them for some reason.

I have lots of outgoing friend but I rarely go out with them except on occasions where I have no choice. I love being by myself, I only engage in meaningful conversations and l sometimes feel like being introverted is a curse because of the people around me.

I rarely post on Facebook (don't know why), too shy to strike a conversation with a beautiful girl I just met (get too uncomfortable) but when I get to know them and be myself around them it's really nice.

Anyway am going to follow this topic.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Brownhypo: 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
iamayodeji:

You are welcome.

Like a wise saying, It is more expensive pretending to be someone else. Continue to love being yourself
thanks my real buddy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by nurd(m): 11:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hi all,

I think it's good being able to express myself freely here.

I remember my first experience at being an introvert: I was taken to a party when I was very young. At the end of the party, all members of my family were taking pics together and I was called to join. I just hid in one corner just staring blankly at them and refused to join them until it is time to go home. I hate parties (except if it is family party) as much as I hate taking pics.

I also remember the first time I presented in my class. Contrary to what I have read here, I actually wow the whole class taking applauds intermitently as I move on. I think being able to sit alone and plan, practice endlessly is part of what helped me.

I also enjoy the curious looks I get from people. They are probably wondering what I'm thinking... :p

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
leadzeal:

First, let me appreciate this question. Thank you.
I think there's a sort of thin line btw the two. But since most introverts are shy, i don't see the narcissist tendency crepting in. So the case can be rare for a shy one.

Now, one that is with an egocentric view of him or herself, the chances are very high. Since narcissim is associated with a negative self gratification. Hitler was introverted but also had an unhealthy pride about the germans being a special race. If u see such tendency manifesting, i suggest u nip it while it is still in its nursery state. For it is hard to contain it when it is full blown

God bless You!!!!!
Now here, my supposed introverts, is an Original.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

so we ain't obliged to be defensive? undecided
You are, but true introverts are too intellectual to be so. They would particularly answer my question the way leadzeal did. No offence.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 21, 2015
SocialRecluse:
Why are you even here? angry
awww love, you don't consider me an introvert? kiss
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
Qu3sT:
Hi guys, just found this lounge and not sure what to talk about on my first post but going through the thread I must say a lot of introverts (myself included) don't like fake things and many extroverts come across as fake and shallow and so we tend not to interact with them for some reason.

I have lots of outgoing friend but I rarely go out with them except on occasions where I have no choice. I love being by myself, I only engage in meaningful conversations and l sometimes feel like being introverted is a curse because of the people around me.

I rarely post on Facebook (don't know why), too shy to strike a conversation with a beautiful girl I just met (get too uncomfortable) but when I get to know them and be myself around them it's really nice.

You are at the right place. Am glad you let out your true self. Its going to be fun being here, trust me wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
Qu3sT:

Welcome.. Nice to have u..

For me i love natural looking babes.. Maybe powder to contain sweat and wet lips to prevent lip breakage or dryness.. Neatly done eye brow.. I love braided hair do.. Not accustom to seeing so much "artificiality".. Call me odd, but i just see them more beautiful as a rare gem. Guess that's why most of my relationships don't last and i'm scared of telling them what i like.. Anyway.. My last post on facebook was sometime last july.. So bro, we are on the same boat cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
nurd:
Hi all,

I remember my first experience at being an introvert: I was taken to a party when I was very young. At the end of the party, all members of my family were taking pics together and I was called to join. I just hid in one corner just staring blankly at them and refused to join them until it is time to go home. I hate parties (except if it is family party) as much as I hate taking pics.

I also remember the first time I presented in my class. Contrary to what I have read here, I actually wow the whole class taking applauds intermitently as I move on. I think being able to sit alone and plan, practice endlessly is part of what helped me.

I also enjoy the curious looks I get from people. They are probably wondering what I'm thinking... :p

Welcome..

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 21, 2015
blublahd:

God bless You!!!!!
Now here, my supposed introverts, is an Original.
Amen.. Anytime
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
blublahd:

You are, but true introverts are too intellectual to be so. They would particularly answer my question the way leadzeal did. No offence.

Hnhnhnhnhn... indeed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
...and with that I call it a night...

*pulls up hoodie, inserts earpiece*

Goodnight people!

*press play, puts hands in pocket and strolls out into the moon*

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 21, 2015
nurd:
Hi all,

Yap.. This place is like a safe haven. Glad too..

I believe introverts have no problem talking with a crowd as compared to talking with a person or very few persons.. Don't agree with those misconceptions that introverts can't face a crowd.

It is easier for me to face the world than face an individual cos i'm scared of betrayal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
...and with that I call it a night...

*pulls up hoodie, inserts earpiece*

Goodnight people!

*press play, puts hands in pocket and strolls out into the moon*

The dumb night is here again
To dream world you sail
Where limitless is a norm

Good night.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 22, 2015
blublahd:
awww love, you don't consider me an introvert? kiss
Nah, you're just here to attack people and build conspiracy theories. I know you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 22, 2015
iamayodeji:

Great writers are usually introverts, that explains it all.

Whats your view about religion?

Just saw ur later part of the comment..

Religion, that nightmare..

I believe God and my jesus, but religion to me is that horrid projection of man's mind. It is like a control valve. If you think the zombies are a myth, try visiting worship centers.. It is modern slavery. *spits on the ground*

God help me..

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 22, 2015
SocialRecluse:

Nah, you're just here to attack people and build conspiracy theories. I know you
You got it all wrong love, am only paying testament to what's written on your dp. kiss
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 22, 2015
blublahd:

You got it all wrong love, am only paying testament to what's written on your dp. kiss
Whatevs
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 22, 2015
Going to dreamland with this song...

Lucky - kat edmonson..

That fear of no origin
Anytime i lie still on my bed
I just felt it now
That apprehension of whether this is your last night.

Goodnight all..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 22, 2015
SocialRecluse:
Whatevs
kiss
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 2NDACCT(f): 12:18am On Jun 22, 2015
Hello Fellow Introverts, I just found this thread. Don't have much to say.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Francheezy(m): 12:22am On Jun 22, 2015
Yeah

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 22, 2015
Wow! A place to be. By to my fellow introverts
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SuperSuave(m): 1:09am On Jun 22, 2015
wow! What a thread! Hello great people!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chidexxy007(m): 1:09am On Jun 22, 2015
aww.. nice thread. its nice to b in d family(introverts).. family members, hw una dy.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by lanresh(m): 1:56am On Jun 22, 2015
Hi guys,,nice thread...jst discovered it...nyc place to hide myself
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 2:59am On Jun 22, 2015
2NDACCT:
Hello Fellow Introverts, I just found this thread. Don't have much to say.
Any experience you would love to share?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 3:03am On Jun 22, 2015
chidexxy007:
aww.. nice thread. its nice to b in d family(introverts)..
family members, hw una dy.
Everybody they kpamke. No dullin here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.