Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,841 members, 7,862,753 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (648678 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 11:55am On Jun 22, 2015
leadzeal:

Don't know much about them, but i think we share a lot in common.. Like dreaming of the perfect moment, place and partner.

Calm, i think.. Honestly, it's hard for me, since have not dated any yet. So can u tell us.. And if u or anyone in the house is dating a fellow introvert, how is it.. It is really gonna be helpful for us in the house.
i havent dated one before but IMO they might be good together if they are really into each other...nothing to be shy about
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
eipreel:

hehehe...introverted women nko? undecided and what if an introverted man marries an introverted woman

Have you heard of Eleanor Roosevelt? She is one of the best first lady of the united states that ever served. Guess what? She is a conc introvert. Her husband is an extrovert though, the union between them was fantastic. Franklin attributed most of his achievement to Eleanor when he was President.

On the other hand, you can also be with an introvert because you would understand each other and you might even help each other to overcome your weaknesses.

In other words, female introverts are angels, any reasonable and responsible man wouldn't let go of them.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
favouredon:
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]
hehehe...introverted women nko? undecided and what if an introverted man marries an introverted woman

I can actually relate with this ur question. I am an introvert. My hubby also is. But his introvertness is not as much as mine. We hardly have friends visit but we are always happy with each other company. We are best of friends. Sometimes it actually bothers me that we dont visit anyone and no one visits but I believe he is d best for me cos I dont know what I would have happened if not marrying his kind of person who understands me as much as I understand him.

As per being shy like some introverts here are saying, that can be overcome. I am a very shy person but I have overcome that shyness to some extent but not yet satisfied with where I am

Thanks for sharing. Ur words "Sometimes it actually bothers me that we dont visit anyone and no one visits but I believe he is d best for me " i think we nigerians are so concerned with others especially visiting. I guess is because of nuclear family setting, typical for we africans.
While i was in the states,i realize most family don't really care about the one nxt door. Rarely do different families come together, maybe thankgiving or church activities may bring them together. But visiting family is very rare even ur blood relation.

So i'm deducting from this premise that westerners are more introverted than us. But if my conclusion is wrong, then i propose most of us are living 'fake' lives.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good point @ iamayodeji.. Guess the ladies are beginning to have butterflies in their bellies.
"angels" perfect adjective.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LBlessing(f): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
It's nice knowing there are people just like you. Although I'm quite different in certain areas; I'm not shy,I like talking and can keep a conversation, but only when it's one-on-one -Dont like public speaking.
Generally, I love my company. Can be indoors all day, and that surprises people around me. It's always funny when they ask if I've not been bored. I mean, there's always something to do in my room. It's either I'm seeing movies, or reading novels, surfing the net while listening to radio or something. I'm hardly ever bored.

All my friends are extroverts, but somehow we manage to create a balance. Everyime we'd take group pictures, they'd tell me 'do something crazy! Scary face! Tongue out!' Lolz...and I'll tell them leave me, this is who I am. On my birthdays, I take not more than four people out. And when I go to parties(if I go), I'm usually seated somewhere,watching people dance - that's how I have fun.
My idea of spending quality time with a partner or someone with similar relevance would be at home or any quiet place. That, by far, is spending quality time to me.
All in all, Here in school,I maintain good relationship with people around me. Once in a while, I come out, gist, laugh, play with my hostelmates. But when I intend to stay indoors, no one would even know I'm inside, let alone attempt to come disturb me (Unless, I'm cooking, and the aroma of the food calls attention wink ).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pifoy123: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
i am nt quick to start a conversation, bt i can start one if i see the need for it. i talk alot when am in d mist of my my friends bt not all the time only when the topic fascinating. i hardly make friends. people believe am a snob bt it's just that i care little of what they think.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
chidexxy007:

abi na.... good morning to u ds morning
Morring to you this beautiful morring. How your marra now?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pifoy123: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
LBlessing:
It's nice knowing there are people just like you. Although I'm quite different in certain areas; I'm not shy,I like talking and can keep a conversation, but only when it's one-on-one -Dont like public speaking.
Generally, I love my company. Can be indoors all day, and that surprises people around me. It's always funny when they ask if I've not been bored. I mean, there's always something to do in my room. It's either I'm seeing movies, or reading novels, surfing the net while listening to radio or something. I'm hardly ever bored.

All my friends are extroverts, but somehow we manage to create a balance. Everyime we'd take group pictures, they'd tell me 'do something crazy! Scary face! Tongue out!' Lolz...and I'll tell them leave me, this is who I am. On my birthdays, I take not more than four people out. And when I go to parties(if I go), I'm usually seated somewhere,watching people dance - that's how I have fun.
My idea of spending quality time with a partner or someone with similar relevance would be at home or any quiet place. That, by far, is spending quality time to me.
All in all, Here in school,I maintain good relationship with people around me. Once in a while, I come out, gist, laugh, play with my hostelmates. But when I intend to stay indoors, no one would even know I'm inside, let alone attempt to come disturb me (Unless, I'm cooking, and the aroma of the food calls attention wink ).
i feel same way. waoooo that says pretty much of me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
iamayodeji:

Have you heard of Eleanor Roosevelt? She is one of the best first lady of the united states that ever served. Guess what? She is a conc introvert. Her husband is an extrovert though, the union between them was fantastic. Franklin attributed most of his achievement to Eleanor when he was President.

On the other hand, you can also be with an introvert because you would understand each other and you might even help each other to overcome your weaknesses.

In other words, female introverts are angels, any reasonable and responsible man wouldn't let go of them.

at the bolded, thank you for that grin perfect description

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by timijoseph01(m): 1:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
Chinatownm:

Then each day I kip asking asking God whc type of woman will I marry dat won't misunderstand me. I bet God has a better ansa to dat. Same here.. I neva had a Gf.. I cnt jst imagine making several phone calls,, do home visiting,, n lasting ova 2min on call jst to win a gurl's heart... I think ma future gf wud be internet freak too,, for a lasting relationship ☺ coz i dnt do face-face chating (im kinda shy)..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Chinatownm(m): 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
[quote author=timijoseph01 post=35025927][/quote]

Haha. God go c us tru
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ewen: 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
Am an introvert. Though very few persons see me as proud when they are yet to understand me and some others may feel am a snub. I hadly make friends with people. I notice that introvert are special people. I once paid an aunty a visit because i held she and her family were attack by arm robbers a day before. Getting there i was suprise the way she gave me a warm welcome and was happy i visited their house that day. She even said it will rain that day becos i visited their house. Also i attended a ceremony in a church and take away foods drinks were shared but i left the moment it was time for refreshment becos i don't like eating out side my home. To my surprise few minute after i arrive home, a boy from the celebrant family brought some food and drink for me. On enquires i was told by the celebrant that she knew i was never going to eat at the reception.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LBlessing(f): 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
leadzeal:

Don't know much about them, but i think we share a lot in common.. Like dreaming of the perfect moment, place and partner.

Calm, i think.. Honestly, it's hard for me, since have not dated any yet. So can u tell us.. And if u or anyone in the house is dating a fellow introvert, how is it.. It is really gonna be helpful for us in the house.
I've dated an introvert like me, it's one of the best relationships I've ever been in.

Because we had very few friends, we couldn't be angry at each other for long and that meant we had to sort our differences quickly.

We understood eachother perfectly, and would do things together just like siamese twins. There was no pressure to twist principles or bend rules so as to please him, cos he was just like me! It was beautiful, and even till date he's one of the people I relate with easily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hopez456(m): 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
This thread is a great relief, I love being alone, can stay indoor for days without people knowing, walk around only in d night, I Don't waste words, if I Don't have something important or beneficial to say I keep my lips sealed. It's quite unfortunate that being an introvert in this part of The world hasn't been easy, people think ure arrogant and a snub, some even think u ve got some mental problems. Our extrovert colleagues Just need to study nd understand our solitary nature.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by PenAndPaper: 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
wow... i am a chronic introvert.
i hardly go out. i have been in one place for the past one week now and i haven't seen the gate. i am only friendly if i know you well enough. i finally decided to do my business at home and it has so far been a blessing.
the only issue we introverts face is the fact we hardly ever date.
how can you date when you are hardly ever outside.
my introversion is so bad i can lock myself in my room for days.
i remember a neighbor scolding me and advising that this path is a dangerous one for a lady but i just smiled and life goes on.
well this is how i love to live my life and i find nairaland a place i can feed my curiosity a little.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
LBlessing:

I've dated an introvert like me, it's one of the best relationships I've ever been in.

Because we had very few friends, we couldn't be angry at each other for long and that meant we had to sort our differences quickly.

We understood eachother perfectly, and would do things together just like siamese twins. There was no pressure to twist principles or bend rules so as to please him, cos he was just like me! It was beautiful, and even till date he's one of the people I relate with easily.

Thanks for sharing. From previous post and yours, i guess an introvert+introvert relationship would likely work. Ofcourse, they are deep set of people
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Lemme sign in here. cool
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
PenAndPaper:
wow... i am a chronic introvert.
i hardly go out. i have been in one place for the past one week now and i haven't seen the gate. i am only friendly if i know you well enough. i finally decided to do my business at home and it has so far been a blessing.
the only issue we introverts face is the fact we hardly ever date.
how can you date when you are hardly ever outside.
my introversion is so bad i can lock myself in my room for days.
i remember a neighbor scolding me and advising that this path is a dangerous one for a lady but i just smiled and life goes on.
well this is how i love to live my life and i find nairaland a place i can feed my curiosity a little.

Jez, that is me, a mirror before me, that u re.

Locking yourself in doors for days.. Hmmm..

Dating.. I believe the force of nature will draw the one to you. It will just happen don't worry.

About that person scolding, he or she is just intimidated by your quiet and composed life. I for one believe you are not doing any arm to yourself, but make sure u wear those heart melting smile always. wink I use to frown in my teens, until i discovered me.. And trust me, i'm better looking and younger when compared to when i frown.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
adeaks:
Lemme sign in here. cool

Welcome.. smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hopez456:
This thread is a great relief, I love being alone, can
stay indoor for days without people knowing, walk
around only in d night, I Don't waste words, if I
Don't have something important or beneficial to say
I keep my lips sealed. It's quite unfortunate that
being an introvert in this part of The world hasn't
been easy, people think ure arrogant and a snub,
some even think u ve got some mental problems.
Our extrovert colleagues Just need to study nd
understand our solitary nature.

Another me.. Hmmm.. Seems i'm not alone.. And lol to that 'mental problem'..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
Just noticed have not seen any scolding or argument comments here. Guess we peaceful people afterall.. grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hopez456:
This thread is a great relief, I love being alone, can
stay indoor for days without people knowing, walk
around only in d night, I Don't waste words, if I
Don't have something important or beneficial to say
I keep my lips sealed. It's quite unfortunate that
being an introvert in this part of The world hasn't
been easy, people think ure arrogant and a snub,
some even think u ve got some mental problems.
Our extrovert colleagues Just need to study nd
understand our solitary nature.

its awesome to find people of your kind. I understand how frustrating it might be to even think that something is wrong with you. Introverts are special ,most intelligent and gifted people on earth.
However, we are usually misunderstood especially here in the part of the world where noise is everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ayokunlei(m): 2:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
LBlessing:

interesting! But seriously, Introvert plenty for BBF o o o .
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by elantraceey(f): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Chinatownm:

Be my guest.

Thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
We can add more to this thread.. Apart from talking about us, coupled with our challenges and ofcourse, blesssingssss. . Yesterday, a book was suggested to be read by us, i think @ iamayodeji pasted a link of it.
So i am suggesting that songs, writings, movies, poems be suggested here. I love good music and i believe u all do. So plsssss, a good and deep song should be recommended, if u re moved to do it. U may not ve posted anything yet but this will be greatly appreciated.

Also, u can write poems of ow feel now or sometime in the past.

I will still recommend the song title i pasted last night.

Lucky - kat edmonson

Link: http://m.mp3li.net/?q=Kat+Edmonson+-+lucky&act=search
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Qu3sT(m): 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
iamayodeji:

You are at the right place. Am glad you let out your true self. Its going to be fun being here, trust me wink

Thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by PenAndPaper: 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
leadzeal:

Jez, that is me, a mirror before me, that u re.

Locking yourself in doors for days.. Hmmm..

Dating.. I believe the force of nature will draw the one to you. It will just happen don't worry.

About that person scolding, he or she is just intimidated by your quiet and composed life. I for one believe you are not doing any arm to yourself, but make sure u wear those heart melting smile always. wink I use to frown in my teens, until i discovered me.. And trust me, i'm better looking and younger when compared to when i frown.

Yeah that's so true. I smile a lot and I get people drawn to me when I do that. I don't keep friends so I don't even bother trying to know someone when I know I won't keep them.
Thanks for the encouragement
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Qu3sT(m): 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
leadzeal:

Welcome.. Nice to have u..

For me i love natural looking babes.. Maybe powder to contain sweat and wet lips to prevent lip breakage or dryness.. Neatly done eye brow.. I love braided hair do.. Not accustom to seeing so much "artificiality".. Call me odd, but i just see them more beautiful as a rare gem. Guess that's why most of my relationships don't last and i'm scared of telling them what i like.. Anyway.. My last post on facebook was sometime last july.. So bro, we are on the same boat cheesy
Nice choice but braided hair cmon (not judging, although it's nice) and don't be too scared to speak ur mind sometimes.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hopez456(m): 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2015
leadzeal:

Another me.. Hmmm.. Seems i'm not alone.. And lol to that 'mental problem'..
You're not alone bro, they think we've got mental prob Co's they find us weird nd outta this world.
I used to hate myself to d extent of contemplating suicide all due to the pressures nd criticisms of those who find our lifestyles crazy.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
Qu3sT:

Nice choice but braided hair cmon (not judging, although it's nice) and don't be too scared to speak ur mind sometimes.

Lol.. I don't know the kind of braid you think i'm refering to. But i don't know which other way to convince u. Well, my word, my stance.

@Lblessing, permit me to refer qu3st to ur profile pics.. Yes, are u seeing that hair-do.. Now that's what i love(not like oh)..

If u wan know, i will still reiterate, me like low cut, natural or braided.. My life, my choice..

Hmm.. Why don't u let the house know yours, don't be shy grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by hemor(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
I'm not a shy person and I don't have a problem starting a conversation with anybody male or female the only problem is how to maintain it for long. If it's a male that I'm just meeting or we aren't close yet what I always do when I don't know what to say again is I try switching the topic to sports (almost every guy loves this topic) and I can talk for a very looong time on this topic but for female I just don't know what to say to keep the conversation I even tried doing online chats maybe I can learn from that but it's still not working. When I see my extrovert friends talking with someone they're just meeting for long I'm always thinking what could they be probably talking about?

I hate parties I prefer listening to music or watching movies than wasting my time going to parties. The only party I went to was my faculty's dinner night my friends kind of forced me there and I just sat somewhere catching fun by watching the people dancing.

I have stage fright but funny enough I don't have a problem facing my classmates to address them probably because we're not much in my class but when I'm asked to come and pray or read a bible verse in church or I'm asked to come out to face a large number of people I get nervous and my hands start shaking. What I usually do is to put them in my pocket so that nobody will notice but when I have to hold microphone I always feel like the ground should just open and swallow me so that I can escape those scary faces looking at me.

I have few close friends and they are my classmates in secondary school I now have 2 friends in university and as you can guess they're also my classmates. I was talking with a guy from another department this session and the guy asked me later that am I a direct entry student, i replied saying no I entered through UTME, the guy looked shocked and said he never knew I existed (cos year 1 students in my faculty receive lectures together). I guess there are lots of people like him who don't know I exist.

I love staying in my room more than anything. I can stay indoors for days without opening the door to my house. I'm presently on holiday and I'm in my room as usual. My parents always think I'm sleeping every time they don't know I'm awake I just don't feel like coming out except when hungry.

I grew up among extroverts my dad, mom, brothers and sisters, that makes it difficult for them to understand me. When they're talking I'm always like can't these people just shut up and enter there rooms.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by eipreel(f): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
adeaks:
Lemme sign in here. cool
which time you turn introvert angry undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.