Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (640589 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Fabulousb36(f): 4:35am On Dec 27, 2015
Hello ppl, I came across dis lounge n I'm willing to share. Being an introvert its not something I'm happy about. first, I can't make frnds or keep the ones dat come around me. ppl judge d outside me a lot, they say I'm a snub, rude n dat I feel dat I'm better Dan odas just coz I keep to myself a lot. I envy my extrovert

bestie often coz of d way she make n keep frnds... ppl luv her. most of my frnds, I got from her. Second, d stage fright part is anoda wahala. I have successfully messed up all my part seminars in sch and now I have my project to defend, I pray dat goes well. Finally, most of u sound very comfortable wit urself but I'm not, I really don't lik pushing ppl away. I envy extroverts nd I keep asking how dey put up wit so many frnds. I feel lonely sometimes. Even when I hang out with my extrovert frnds, I don't seem to fit in. I try hard to communicate nd den I giv up... Back to snubby. Its good knowing dat dia are ppl out there lik me nd are very comfortable wit themselves. * hopeful*

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 6:27am On Dec 27, 2015
Fabulousb36:
Hello ppl, I came across dis lounge n I'm willing to share. Being an introvert its not something I'm happy about. first, I can't make frnds or keep the ones dat come around me. ppl judge d outside me a lot, they say I'm a snub, rude n dat I feel dat I'm better Dan odas just coz I keep to myself a lot. I envy my extrovert

bestie often coz of d way she make n keep frnds... ppl luv her. most of my frnds, I got from her. Second, d stage fright part is anoda wahala. I have successfully messed up all my part seminars in sch and now I have my project to defend, I pray dat goes well. Finally, most of u sound very comfortable wit urself but I'm not, I really don't lik pushing ppl away. I envy extroverts nd I keep asking how dey put up wit so many frnds. I feel lonely sometimes. Even when I hang out with my extrovert frnds, I don't seem to fit in. I try hard to communicate nd den I giv up... Back to snubby. Its good knowing dat dia are ppl out there lik me nd are very comfortable wit themselves. * hopeful*
good morning.........being comfortable with ursef is a conscious decision u have to make, it doesnt just happen. secondly, d grass always look greener at d oda side. until u work in d shoes of extrovert b4 u realise they too have dere own fears and worries. welcum here!!!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
zeanslim:

I'm looking for 1st hand experience not theory smiley
You got served www.nairaland.com/2825150/pls-advice-mewe-both-introverts
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
My thoughts on a core characteristic of an introvert is the fact that we watch out for ourselves all too often hence we are quick to analyse our wrongs and thus we end up being our harshest critic. Unfortunately, for those who have not come to familiarity with this ominous feeling tend to withdraw from public events. That is rather unfortunate because introverts are remarkably intelligent and tend to provide useful answers. Hence why we may not be wired to over expression, we should be able to curb our fears and overbearing character trait for us to express ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by justjify(m): 9:41am On Dec 28, 2015
Bidexluv:
Compliment everyone.

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday

Someone seems sad. Wats wrong?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by justjify(m): 10:09am On Dec 28, 2015
Fabulousb36:

You are welcome here dear, I kinda understand how it feels. Many of us get that "he/she is a snub" misconception. On communication and being comfortable with yourself try to take initiative by artfully breaking the ice, be confident, listen to what others have to say and pick up from there especially if it appeals to you. Above all you need to build your confidence level, with that you can conquer your fright on stage and also get better as you communicate with others.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by flightz(f): 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
I used to follow this thread then

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olasco93: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
My experience today was that in the area i relocated to since October, i never knew this woman kept tab and keep noticing my easy going and one-way-traffic nature always.
Today, i was so shocked when she confronted me and said in her shouting nature that: Why is it that i don't greet people, why is it that i don't reply her and others when they greet and that i don't even come to her house, not even during Christmas... As she was speaking, i almost told the ground to open so that i enter...
Shyness took over me as ladies and other passers-bye were looking at us, but i allow her finished and i apologized by bowing to her not to be offended and i told her that i can't walk pass an elder and won't greet him/her and that i don't ignore greetings too. And i said i was sorry that i will make amend even though am not guilty of all her allegations.
After everything, she said i should be a good boy, and she opted that i should shake her hands and i was like ''Ahhh, this woman is so confident and courageous and purely an Extrovert. I envy are confidence and nature though, but i just Love who i am and my own nature.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
justjify:

Someone seems sad. Wats wrong?
Nothing really.

In final year and mummy decided to ask abt my future plan in term of marriage on christmas day?

Knowing her daughter is an introvert that wont talk

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 9:09am On Dec 29, 2015
Bidexluv:

Nothing really.

In final year and mummy decided to ask abt my future plan in term of marriage on christmas day?

hahahahahahahahahhahahaahha......ur mom is a terrorist mhengringringringringrin
but dnt take it badly, mum is just looking out for her daughter noni though dere approach can be sometimes annoying..........u are not alone.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2015
shegxi:
hahahahahahahahahhahahaahha......ur mom is a terrorist mhengringringringringrin
but dnt take it badly, mum is just looking out for her daughter noni though dere approach can be sometimes annoying..........u are not alone.

Lols @ terrorist cos it Was christmas day shey?

I know she is bin the best mom that she is but as an introvert there are questions i dont like to be asked e.g
How old are you now?
What are you doing about marriage??
What are you doing about business
Why are you So quiet?
And So on.

You are also bin pressurized

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 9:54am On Dec 29, 2015
But y do ladies get angry when u ask dere age? Introvert or nt, I can't undastand @bidexluv
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2015
Bidexluv:

I know she is bin the best mom that she is but as an introvert there are questions i dont like to be asked e.g
How old are you now?
Why are you So quiet?
And So on.

yes now, cos she asked on xmas day, at least she shld have allowed u enjoy ursef dat day(dats a terrorist behaviour)
u knw as d quiet type.....i get dose questions too, me i just smile and unlook, i dnt let it bother me jare.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 10:34am On Dec 29, 2015
shegxi:
But y do ladies get angry when u ask dere age? Introvert or nt, I can't undastand @bidexluv
Dont get angry when asked my age

My mom knows my age and she Still ask me in such a way i dont like?

You know when your mom ask How old are you now? When talking about something
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by pretty050(f): 10:38am On Dec 29, 2015
Bidexluv:

How old are you now?
Why are you So quiet?
And So on.

at least ur mom was direct in her approach. Mine is indirect comments during prayers n side talks. But I made a decision not to be pressured especially with frnds and classmates getting married of recent. You ve to be more self aware,
Believe in yourself
Improve on yourself
And establish communication to reduce tension. All these and more will help reduce d pressure which most times is not healthy.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by justjify(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2015
Bidexluv:

Nothing really.

Bidex don't feel sad, mummy just needs to know what plans her grown up baby is having for family life. She needs grand children from you, you know?
Don't take it to heart, you hear?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 11:14am On Dec 29, 2015
Bidexluv:

Dont get angry when asked my age

My mom knows my age and she Still ask me in such a way i dont like?

You know when your mom ask How old are you now? When talking about something
loool, i know joor. Especially our yoruba mothersgringringringrin. U will hear things like "abi omode lo si n pe ra e", "agba lo ma n da lo yii", "awon egbe e have done dis and dat".
Hope u undastand my yoruba?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
shegxi:
loool, i know joor. Especially our yoruba mothersgringringringrin. U will hear things like "abi omode lo si n pe ra e", "agba lo ma n da lo yii", "awon egbe e have done dis and dat".
Hope u undastand my yoruba?
You got it!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
justjify:

Bidex don't feel sad, mummy just needs to know what plans her grown up baby is having for family life. She needs grand children from you, you know?
Don't take it to heart, you hear?
I know joor
Grand children ? No plan yet.

Thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
pretty050:
at least ur mom was direct in her approach. Mine is indirect comments during prayers n side talks. But I made a decision not to be pressured especially with frnds and classmates getting married of recent. You ve to be more self aware,
Believe in yourself
Improve on yourself
And establish communication to reduce tension. All these and more will help reduce d pressure which most times is not healthy.
Lols @indirect comments

Thanks.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by justjify(m): 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
Bidexluv:

I know joor
Grand children ? No plan yet.

Thanks
I do hope you have talked it out with her.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
Bidexluv:
You got it!!
dn't take it personal, dats wat majority of dem do. Learn to brush it off.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
justjify:
I do hope you have talked it out with her.
None

Thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2015
shegxi:
dn't take it personal, dats wat majority of dem do. Learn to brush it off.
Thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by zeanslim(m): 9:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hello here ! few hours to new year smiley ...

As I said previously the grass is always greener in the other side.
Being an introvert is great.. (as in not to the core 100%, we all know too much of everything is not good)
Reserve yourself, because soon you are going to be very great.
Practice because you will be a leader some days and you don't want your people to see you as a weakling (even when you ain't)
Challenge yourself, double dear yourself.. be outspoken ..
show them how smart we are (if not smarter).
If you have problems with your parents or relations.. it's not because you are introverted, its because they think you are idle.. let them learn of your plans.
if you are having a girl or boy problem is basically cause they ain't for you. so move on.
I Love me, I'm the best.. I repeat it this .. sometimes to gain self confidence.
know yourself.. it's your choice you can always do what ever and choose what ever.
I'm just picky and good people are rare. wink

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ayokunlei(m): 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
Bidexluv:

Nothing really.

Bidex the plantbiologist... Hope am right? grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
ayokunlei:

Bidex the plantbiologist... Hope am right? grin
Yes. You are right
Do it know you pls?? :-)
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by melchol: 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
hello house, I need your contribution regarding fear and depression. is it that depression vary from one individual to another or not. do other introverts too feel negative about somethings/ things generally, I mean that state of mind when one keeps interpreting almost everything negative, or am I d only one feeeling like that? or Is depression really a spirit ?
Please help a fellow... Thanks as you contribute. Greatgod2012, Amazingangel,Olanrewajub, geofavor and others...

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ayokunlei(m): 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
Bidexluv:

Yes. You are right

Do it know you pls?? :-)

no, u dont know me.
But I school in your school, have read ur posts b4.... You are good at teaching maths though u are in Life sciences... But have seen your face in school before...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Bidexluv(f): 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
ayokunlei:

no, u dont know me.
But I school in your school, have read ur posts b4.... You are good at teaching maths though u are in Life sciences... But have seen your face in school before...

Uhmmm
Feeling scared oooooooo cos you really knew me.

What dept and level?

Compliment
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shegxi(m): 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
ayokunlei:

no, u dont know me.
bidexluv....look no further, someone has obviously taken interest in u gringringringringrin #seizethebabe
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ayokunlei(m): 1:55am On Jan 01, 2016
Bidexluv:

Uhmmm Feeling scared oooooooo cos you really knew me.

What dept and level?
Compliment
scared ke? Dont be o o. sta 200L...

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.