Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (639047 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by phrezzz: 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
Olarewajub:
Phrezzz
Egbon u mentioned me
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Geofavor(m): 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
Olarewajub:

Lol, might be true. You know most introverts are trying to take control. The era of timidity is far over.
yyup!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
Geofavor:
yyup!
How was the Easter celebration?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
phrezzz:
Egbon u mentioned me
Just Holla at you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Allina: 4:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
Now this is were I belong.Though I'm an ambivert(combination of both extrovert and introvert) but lately I find myself being more of an introvert
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DharmyYinks: 9:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
Officially signing in on this thread. Didn't know one exist!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
Allina:
Now this is were I belong.Though I'm an ambivert(combination of both extrovert and introvert) but lately I find myself being more of an introvert

Do you answer questions willingly in public gatherings?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by annice2014: 10:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
my own case is that, a lot of people want to be my friend but i don't know how to keep them cos i love being alone. i want to have friends but i can't cos i find it difficult to be committed to them.
people do think that i am proud and quiet but when they come closer, they tend to love my person.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
DharmyYinks:
Officially signing in on this thread. Didn't know one exist!

A lot of things exist.
Shy introvert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
annice2014:
my own case is that, a lot of people want to be my friend but i don't know how to keep them cos i love being alone. i want to have friends but i can't cos i find it difficult to be committed to them.
people do think that i am proud and quiet but when they come closer, they tend to love my person.

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 10:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
You're not alone @ annice2014.
Ambivert? www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/ambiverts-for-the-silver
Let us discuss about this.
I call on other introverts to proffer possible solutions in handling this issue.
@ Geofavor starting with you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DharmyYinks: 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
Olarewajub:

A lot of things exist. Shy introvert?
Yes I am! Buh I am improving sha
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Gigihabib(f): 1:08am On Mar 29, 2016
The 'I' in introvert,that's me.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:41am On Mar 29, 2016
DharmyYinks:

Yes I am! Buh I am improving sha

You gotta improve o.
Hope you find some helpful tips in the Lounge. You must overcome your shy nature to be an introvert that can impact.

Wanna share those things you are consciously doing to overcome shy ness?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:44am On Mar 29, 2016
Gigihabib:
The 'I' in introvert,that's me.

That's good to know. Welcome to the Lounge.

But hope the 'T' in Timidity is not you? That's one thing this Lounge is aimed at correcting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Gigihabib(f): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2016
Oh I used to be, until i accepted what i was and then I started to put myself out there.Now I can safely say I'm not.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DharmyYinks: 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
Olarewajub:

You gotta improve o.
Hope you find some helpful tips in the Lounge. You must overcome your shy nature to be an introvert that can impact.

Wanna share those things you are consciously doing to overcome shy ness?
I practice wat I want to say ahead... so wen it's time to say it, I just recite it lyk d National Anthem grin

Plus I also prayed bout it... Lemme say I ve overcome stage fright tho not completely.

Talking or chating with odas esp opposite sex is sumhw diff... cos I kinda run out of things to say.. apart frm dat, I feel lyk my tongue is tied so instead of talking with dem.. I just laugh to subdue nervousness.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
DharmyYinks:

I practice wat I want to say ahead... so wen it's time to say it, I just recite it lyk d National Anthem grin

Plus I also prayed bout it... Lemme say I ve overcome stage fright tho not completely.

Talking or chating with odas esp opposite sex is sumhw diff... cos I kinda run out of things to say.. apart frm dat, I feel lyk my tongue is tied so instead of talking with dem.. I just laugh to subdue nervousness.

Have you considered joining a group in your church/fellowship?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
Gigihabib:
Oh I used to be, until i accepted what i was and then I started to put myself out there.Now I can safely say I'm not.

Any thing you dislike about your personality, ever lost an important opportunity due to your introversion?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by whitecloth: 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
I've missed you all o

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DharmyYinks: 6:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
Olarewajub:

Have you considered joining a group in your church/fellowship?
Lolz... hw did u guess I was a Christian shocked

Am actually d HOD of a dept in my church plus i do d Bible reading which means I MUST face d audience nd carry dem along while reading. It's actually wat helped me overcome stage fright.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Twinkie8: 7:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
Starting a conversation is HAAAARDDDDDD cry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
DharmyYinks:

Am actually d HOD of a dept in my church plus i do d Bible reading which means I MUST face d audience nd carry dem along while reading. It's actually wat helped me overcome stage fright.

Thanks!

WOW.... Wonderful!!! This what i'm talking about.
How was your experience when you started and did you volunter or was obligated for the post ?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
whitecloth:
I've missed you all o
The Lounge missed you too.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
Twinkie8:

You can take the risk?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DharmyYinks: 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
Olarewajub:

WOW.... Wonderful!!! This what i'm talking about.
How was your experience when you started and did you volunter or was obligated for the post ?
Thanks... At first, I was super scared at d same time excited nd nervous. I volunteered initially buh was obligated to be d H.O.D.

As evry oda introvert, we can only feel free with pple we re comfortable with. So I tried to look at dem as my family not strangers nd dat made things a whole lot easier.

What abt u?? Wat areas ve u improved on nd wich re u planning on improving.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DharmyYinks: 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2016
Twinkie8:
U ve to keep pushing ursef.. it's kinda easy if u mak ursef comfortable with d person.

I guess u re married?? Frm ur topics!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by annice2014: 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
Olarewajub:
I call on other introverts to proffer possible solutions in handling this issue.
@ Geofavor starting with you
ambivert? I'm unaware of this one
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Geofavor(m): 8:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
Olarewajub:
@ Geofa.vor starting with you
well done, bro. I'm a bit tired now( can't type long post now). I'll be back.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SweetieConstie(f): 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
DharmyYinks:

Thanks!

Interesting!cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
DharmyYinks:

Thanks... At first, I was super scared at d same time excited nd nervous. I volunteered initially buh was obligated to be d H.O.D.

As evry oda introvert, we can only feel free with pple we re comfortable with. So I tried to look at dem as my family not strangers nd dat made things a whole lot easier.

What abt u?? Wat areas ve u improved on nd wich re u planning on improving.

I've been making conscious efforts to eradicate any iota of shyness from my personality.
I'm currently a Sunday School teacher (really benefited from this dept, still praying for God to help me ).

Currently challenges :
Initiating a convo with both sexes.
Keeping contact among others

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.