Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,758 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] (6099 Views)

Meet The Girl Being Called The Sexiest Haitian Woman In The World (photos) / This Is Officially The Sexiest And Creamiest Girl In The World (PHOTOS) / Top 10 Most Beautiful Eyes In The World [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by kizbad: 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
There are two animals which could top the list of the most poisonous animals in the world.
The King Cobra is considered the world's most venomous snake, growing up to 5.6 m (18.5 ft) in length.

It is also called Ophiophagus which also means "snake-eater”, because it eats other snakes. One single bite of this deadly snake can easily kill a human.
This snake is even capable of killing a full-grown Asian Elephant within 3 hours if the larger animal is bitten in a vulnerable area such as the trunk.
During a bite, venom is forced through the snake's half-inch (1.25 cm) fangs into the wound, and quickly attacks the victim's central nervous system, inducing severe pain, blurred vision, vertigo, drowsiness, and paralysis. Envenomation progresses to cardiovascular collapse, and the victim falls into a coma. Death soon follows due to respiratory failure..

Its venom is not as toxic as other venomous snakes, but King Cobra is capable of injecting 5 times more venom than black mamba and can result in mortality up to 5 times faster than that of the black mamba. It is quite widespread, ranging across South and South-east Asia, living in dense highland forests.
The Box Jellyfish is also considered to be the most poisonous animal. It has causes thousands of deaths. It’s toxins attack the heart, nervous system, and skin cells.

And the worst part of it is that jelly box venom is so overpoweringly painful, that human victims go in shock, drown or die of heart failure before even reaching shore. Survivors experience pain weeks after the contact with box jellies.
Box jellyfish are distinguished by their cube-shaped medusae. Box jellyfish are known for the extremely potent venom produced by some species.
Chironex fleckeri, Carukia barnesi and Malo kingi are among the most venomous creatures in the world. Stings from these and a few other species in the class are extremely painful and sometimes fatal to humans.
Image result for Malo kingi
Malo kingi

Once a tentacle of the box jellyfish adheres to skin, it pumps nematocysts with venom into the skin, causing the sting and agonizing pain.

- See more at: http://www.askranker.com/2014/07/see-most-poisonous-animal-in-world.html
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by Olucheye(m): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by Dclique(m): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
what of Marbled Cone Snail, its also very deadly. i read that one drop of its venom is so powerful that it can kill more than 20 humans.
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
Was hoping to see the Box Jelly fish and I did!
Its The size of your pinky but can kill an elephant!

The King Cobra is no match to the Box jellyfish!!! grin
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by okosodo: 1:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
islam tops the list.When those qnimals shout allau akbar the result is better imagined

17 Likes

Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by Fatdon(m): 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
Op you forgot :Marbled Cone Snail
This little beautiful looking Marbled Cone snail can be as deadly as any other animal on this list. One drop of
its venom is so powerful that it can
kill more than 20 humans. If you ever
happen to be in warm salt water
environment (where these snails are
often found) and see it, don’t even think of picking it up. Of course, the
true purpose of its venom is to catch
its prey. Symptoms of a cone snail sting can
start immediately or can be delayed
in onset for days. It results in intense
pain, swelling, numbness and tingling.
Severe cases involve muscle paralysis,
vision changes and breathing failure. There is no antivenom. However, only
about 30 human deaths have been
recorded from cone snail
envenomation.

4 Likes

Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by hatux: 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
Not the most...
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by GovWahala: 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
okosodo: islam tops the list.When those qnimals shout allau akbar the result is better imagined
Lol grin grin as in they are the deadliest and poisonous animals on earth.

4 Likes

Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by hakku: 7:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
if this one bite u jst start to dey repent.

1 Like

Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by jakiedudu(m): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
The Blue-Ringed Octopus is very small, only the size of a golf ball,
but its venom is so powerful that can kill a human. Actually it
carries enough poison to kill 26 adult humans within minutes, and
there is no antidote. They are currently recognized as one of the
world’s most venomous animals.
Its painless bite may seem harmless, but the deadly neurotoxins
begin working immediately resulting in muscular weakness,
numbness, followed by a cessation and breathing and ultimately
death.
They can be found in tide pools in the Pacific Ocean, from Japan
to Australia.

1 Like

Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by jakiedudu(m): 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
Maybe Stonefish would never win a beauty contest, but it would
definitely win the top prize for being “The World Most Venomous
Fish”. Its venom causes such a severe pain that the victims of its
sting want the affected limb to be amputated. It is described as
the worst pain known to man. It is accompanied with possible
shock, paralysis, and tissue death. If not given medical attention
within a couple of hours It can be fatal to humans.
Stonefish stores its toxins in gruesome-looking spines that are
designed to hurt would-be predators.
Stonefish mostly live above the tropic of Capricorn, often found in
the shallow tropical marine waters of the Pacific and Indian
oceans, ranging from the Red Sea to the Queensland Great Barrier
Reef.

Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by jakiedudu(m): 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
This little thing is the most poisonous on Earth!

If you ever happen to be running through the rain forests
somewhere in Central or South America, do not ever pick up
beautiful and colorful frogs – it can be the Poison Dart Frog. This
frog is probably the most poisonous animal on earth.The 2 inch
long (5cm) golden poison dart frog has enough venom to kill 10
adult humans or 20,000 mice. Only 2 micrograms of this lethal
toxin (the amount that fits on the head of a pin) is capable of
killing a human or other large mammal. They are called “dart frogs”
because indigenous Amerindians’ use of their toxic secretions to
poison the tips of their blow-darts. Poison dart frogs keep their
poison in their skins and will sicken or kill anybody who touches or
eats it.

Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by ng4u(f): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
okosodo: islam tops the list.When those qnimals shout allau akbar the result is better imagined
lol
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by prettyjo(f): 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
kul
FP tins
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by ZACHIE: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
None beats the MOSQUITO in total death harvest per annum. Non.
Mosquitoes are top of the range killers worldwide.
Not even humans kill more than them.
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by pussyeater(m): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
Op! Where is Mosquito

Brazilian Wandering Spider
The Brazilian Wandering Spider (Phoneutria) or banana spider appears in the Guinness Book of World Records 2007 for the most venomous spider and the spider is responsible for most human deaths. This spider is believed to have the most potent neurotoxic venom of any living spider. Only 0.006mg (0.00000021oz) is sufficient to kill a mouse. They are also dangerous because of their wandering nature. They often hide during daytime in highly populated areas inside houses, clothes, boots, and cars. Its venomous bite causes not only intense pain, the venom of the spider can also cause priapism – uncomfortable erections lasting for many hours that lead to impotence.

Death Stalker Scorpion
Contrarily to the popular belief most of the scorpions are relatively harmless to humans as stings produce only local effects (pain, numbness or swelling). However, the Death Starker Scorpion is highly dangerous species because its venom is a powerful cocktail of neurotoxins which causes an intense and unbearable pain, then fever, followed by coma, convulsions, paralysis and death. Fortunately, while a sting from this scorpion is extremely painful, it would be unlikely to kill a healthy, adult human. Young children, the old, or infirm (with a heart condition) are at the biggest risk. Death stalker scorpions are spread in North Africa and Middle East.

Inland Taipan Snake
The prize for “The World’s Most Venomous Snake” goes to the Inland Taipan of Australia. Just a single bite from this snake contains enough venom to kill 100 human adults or an army of 250,000 mice. Its venom is at least 200 – 400 times more toxic than a common cobra. The Inland Taipan’s extremely neurotoxic venom can kill an adult human in as little as 45 minutes. Fortunately this snake is very shy and there have been no documented human fatalities (all known bites were treated with antivenom).

Puffer Fish
Puffer Fish are the second most poisonous vertebrate on earth (the first one is golden dart Frog). The meat of some species is a delicacy in both Japan (as fugu) and Korea (as bok-uh) but the problem is that the skin and certain organs of many puffer fish are very poisonous to humans.
This puffy fish produce rapid and violent death..Puffer’s poisoning causes deadening of the tongue and lips, dizziness, vomiting, rapid heart rate, difficulty breathing, and muscle paralysis. Victims die from suffocation as diaphragm muscles are paralyzed. Most of the victims die after four to 24 hours. There is no known antidote, Most deaths from fugu happen when untrained people catch and prepare the fish.
Statistics show that there were 20 to 44 incidents of fugu poisoning per year between 1996 and 2006 in all of Japan and up to six incidents per year led to death. Since Fugu’s poison can cause near instantaneous death, only licensed chefs are allowed to prepare it.

1 Like

Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by MisterLongman(m): 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
Chaii....... Iyaff dead
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by Sijo01(f): 11:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
Boko Haram should top the list.
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
shocked :oI thank God for my country(nigeria)at least we av only mosquitoes and rats here grin grin
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by ashhascash: 1:03am On Jul 27, 2014
embarassed

2014/15 original jerseys available male/female ... Any jersey you can think of, we have! Just add me up 7b60e5d8 or call 08183248921 #D7 place ur orderr nowwww!!
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 27, 2014
Should I believe this?
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by ayilaggg: 5:29am On Jul 27, 2014
GovWahala:
Lol grin grin as in they are the deadliest and poisonous animals on earth.
. U guys are stupid and dumb and can consider u as most foolish person on earth. U dn't jst say wht u hv on ur empty skull out. Keep ur fuckin comment 2 urself assholes.
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by Oyetboy(m): 7:34am On Jul 27, 2014
talo ba Ile-aye e je bayi?

1 Like

Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 27, 2014
i wil think abt it
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by GovWahala: 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
ayilaggg: . U guys are stupid and dumb and can consider u as most foolish person on earth. U dn't jst say wht u hv on ur empty skull out. Keep ur fuckin comment 2 urself assholes.
Stop quoting me. U evil Boko-are-Ram.
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by ayilaggg: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
GovWahala:
Stop quoting me. U evil Boko-are-Ram.
. Wud stop quoting u d day u start thinking like sme1 who's normal.....fool
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by GovWahala: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
ayilaggg: . Wud stop quoting u d day u start thinking like sme1 who's normal.....fool
Animal! Keep quoting me and watch me make life miserable for u on Nairaland.
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by DjAndroid: 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
As far as I know, this is the most poisonous animal in he world.

1 Like

Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by Krasid(m): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Thank God most of them are not found in africa.
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by ayilaggg: 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
GovWahala:
. U making life miserable 4 urself nt me there's no different btw u and animal because dey behave d same way u do....get ur facts right b4 u say anything out of ur dumb head..d best thing is 2 ignore sme1 like u because it seems I got a job 4 u 2 keep replyin me...ain't gat time 4 jobless and lousy peep who dn't knw wht dey re saying...get a job
Re: See The Most Poisonous Animal In The World [PHOTOS] by ayilaggg: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
GovWahala:
. U making life miserable 4 urself nt me there's no different btw u and animal because dey behave d same way u do....get ur facts right b4 u say anything out of ur dumb head..d best thing is 2 ignore sme1 like u because it seems I got a job 4 u 2 keep replyin me...ain't gat time 4 jobless and lousy peep who dn't knw wht dey re saying...get a job

(1) (2) (Reply)

Korede Bello Changes Hairstyle, Receives Hilarious Comment From Fan / "If A Man Did This, It Will Be Sexual Harassment"— Alibaba / Alledged VIDEO: Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne’s $ex Tape Video Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.