Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,545 members, 7,955,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes (986 Views)

Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me / How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes by tomiobj(m): 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
Most of us are aware that a Malaysian plane was missing earlier this year. And a nigerian air force plane crashed nt more than 10 days ago. And another Malaysian plane was shot down either by the Ukrainians or Russians (both denying shooting it down). Personally I think the Ukrainians shot it down by mistake confusing it with a Russian plane and maybe they don't know they shot if down but anyways back to the matter also last week two other planes crashed...air algerie and a plane in Taiwan. just so tragic . About 790 lives have been lost just to plane crashes this year. The following list compiles all the plane crashes this year (or in the past 6 months if you prefer)
1. Missing Malaysian plane in the pacific ocean/indian ocean/china ocean area
2. Another Malaysian plane shot down in Ukraine near the ukrain-russia border
3. A nigerian air force plane crashes somewhere in the north
4. The plane that crashes in taiwan
5. Air algerie missing in north africa due to bad weather

My point is that would you still travel by air due to the reoccurring air disasters. Because now I am confused if this is all just a coincidence or it is now a glitch in the global aviation industry
Re: Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes by Ndababa(m): 6:40am On Jul 27, 2014
Haha. Funny enough, next week when going back to school, my connecting flight at Dubai to BSB would be a Malaysian Airbus sef!

Like my friend would say, 'when it's your time, even without your watch, it still is your time!'
Re: Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2014
@OP
all around the world, there is about 1 to 1.5 Billions people travelling by plane each year, and there is less than 10thousand deaths each year....... so it's safe to say that FLYING is the safest way of traveling by far. however you want to look at it, plane crashes are rare.

statistically speaking, you have much more chances to die in a car accident than in a plane crash.
Re: Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes by tomiobj(m): 9:15am On Jul 28, 2014
MRbrownJAY: @OP
all around the world, there is about 1 to 1.5 Billions people travelling by plane each year, and there is less than 10thousand deaths each year....... so it's safe to say that FLYING is the safest way of traveling by far. however you want to look at it, plane crashes are rare.

statistically speaking, you have much more chances to die in a car accident than in a plane crash.
Statistics change. More people r now dying from plane crashes over this past 30 days
Re: Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 28, 2014
I still fly, but I give my life to Christ again anytime I'm about to fly.

These plane crashes scare the hell out of me embarassed
Re: Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 28, 2014
tomiobj:
Statistics change. More people r now dying from plane crashes over this past 30 days

the important question IS: is there more death by planes than there is by car?

again, plane is the safest form of transport..... by far!
Re: Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes by tomiobj(m): 12:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

the important question IS: is there more death by planes than there is by car?

again, plane is the safest form of transport..... by far!

No. On average planes have had more deaths in the past month. Because the numbers of planes are more than the number of cars cubed
Re: Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
tomiobj:
No. On average planes have had more deaths in the past month. Because the numbers of planes are more than the number of cars cubed

bro, even if 10 more planes had crashed this month, it would still be LESS deaths than cars. there is about 1million people worldwide dying each year in car accidents, while death by plane is less than 1% of that amount. car accident is one of the LEADING cause of death in this world. there would have to be the equivalent of 9 jumbo jets crashes EVERY DAY, before you could compare the two. get your facts right.
Re: Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes by tomiobj(m): 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

bro, even if 10 more planes had crashed this month, it would still be LESS deaths than cars. there is about 1million people worldwide dying each year in car accidents, while death by plane is less than 1% of that amount. car accident is one of the LEADING cause of death in this world. there would have to be the equivalent of 9 jumbo jets crashes EVERY DAY, before you could compare the two. get your facts right.
. Divide the total number of deaths in the two by the total passengers and tell me the one that has less deaths on average
Re: Will You Still Travel By Air After The Recent Multiple Plane Crashes by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
tomiobj: . Divide the total number of deaths in the two by the total passengers and tell me the one that has less deaths on average

bro, stop looking for issues where there is none........ what you have to know is very simple: road accident is one of the leading cause of death in this world, therefore you are more likely to die from a road accident than a plane crash. FACT!

now if you think it is still safer by car, then it's all on you.

(1) (Reply)

A "Do Not Die In Nigeria" Warning (see Photo) / What's Going On In France? / Bristow Crash Helicopter Late Crew Member (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.