Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? (80446 Views)

See How Much It Cost To Travel From Lagos To New York In The Good Old Days(pic) / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / A Nairalanders Expricence From Lagos To Kano On Train In Clips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by uboma(m): 8:04pm On Oct 29, 2011
Can any1 who had in the recent past embarked on such a trip pls provide useful info on d subject matter. Hw about the cost of hotel rooms in Ghana.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by fateavon4u(f): 4:00am On Oct 31, 2011
Btw 11k-15k,as of apr ths yr.try novotel hotel at tudu park btw 3-6k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by Dyt(f): 8:28am On Oct 31, 2011
11-15?
wen u cld get aero 4 dat price

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by fateavon4u(f): 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
Dyt,one way or round trip?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by Dyt(f): 3:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
Dats one way ma'm

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by sunboy(m): 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
It cost 12,000plus, if its your first time travelling via road outside nigeria keep additional 1000. Make sure you have your yellow card, you can get that for 500 or less at your local government. This is for ABC transport return ticket. I used my student ID card which reduced my pay to 10,800, if you have a student ID card thats the ABC student price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by akunta(f): 2:50pm On Nov 03, 2011
Guyz how about prices of single hotel accomodation, probably one that is close to the beach?
Am thinking of going o ghana 2 chill for like 5 days in dec.
thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by tayoTFC(m): 4:37pm On Nov 03, 2011
@akuta am planing to go for tourist too in december with my friend in office we can arrange to go togther has group tourist that will be nice adventure we go by road to have our passport stamp , ABC couch would be better.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by akunta(f): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2011
@tayoTFC, would be cool though the timing might be off,
as i intend to travel frm the 12th to 17th dec.
Can't really shift the date forward or backwards,
so if it falls within ur timeline too, then Heck yes!!!
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by Dyt(f): 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2011
At Omicron, we give best of all services
y nt walk wit us
visit us 2day
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by Akhigbe20(m): 8:14am On Mar 12, 2013
Searchn 4true lv
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
if
u want come Ghana, n u want to take adventure n chill just holla at
me. I'll take u to a free zone beach, water falls, kakum canopy
walkway(the only canopy walkway in west Africa) n many more. my Facebook
Mzz Hawa Adams. chaoo

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by simeon1414: 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
How much does it cost from anambra to ghana

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by extrovert6(m): 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
Who knows the current price to Accra by road?
Urgent pls
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by ceiling(m): 11:27pm On Jan 17, 2016
pls I wanna travel from Lagos to Cameroon how much is that gonna b
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
Dyt:
At Omicron, we give best of all services
y nt walk wit us
visit us 2day
do u know the current price of Lagos to Accra by ABC transport? and do u know how much I will need to pay to Clear a passport that as overstayed in Ghana for 12months in particular.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by dasparrow: 11:48am On Sep 18, 2016
wissed:
do u know the current price of Lagos to Accra by ABC transport? and do u know how much I will need to pay to Clear a passport that as overstayed in Ghana for 12months in particular.

Lagos to Accra is ₦14950 with ABC transport one way. I don't know anything about clearing passport.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by 19naia(m): 1:16am On Sep 19, 2016
Border crossing fees add up along the way. Togo own is notorious. So you will pay in Benin and then pay at Togo and then pay at Ghana crossing.
I paid N4000 in Togo to get my passport stamped. That was when Naira was 199 to $1.
I paid N2000 at benin and another 4k or so at Ghana. It was less paid to return because once they stamp your passport, you are charged a lesser rate or free passage the next time.
The transport fees were about the same as the immigration fees. But i suspect if you take a transport company luxury bus, they have a special processing agreement that reduces the cost, hustle and time..
Don't try it without double the amount being quoted here unless you are a real hustler ready to endure anything.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by Ugosample(m): 6:42am On Sep 19, 2016
19naia:
Border crossing fees add up along the way. Togo own is notorious. So you will pay in Benin and then pay at Togo and then pay at Ghana crossing.
I paid N4000 in Togo to get my passport stamped. That was when Naira was 199 to $1.
I paid N2000 at benin and another 4k or so at Ghana. It was less paid to return because once they stamp your passport, you are charged a lesser rate or free passage the next time.
The transport fees were about the same as the immigration fees. But i suspect if you take a transport company luxury bus, they have a special processing agreement that reduces the cost, hustle and time..
Don't try it without double the amount being quoted here unless you are a real hustler ready to endure anything.

These fees must have applied for fresh passports.
For those who don waka that place well, I bet the bill will be less.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by mkbessman(m): 10:53am On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=sunboy post=9452639]It cost 12,000plus, if its your first time travelling via road outside nigeria keep additional 1000. Make sure you have your yellow card, you can get that for 500 or less at your local government. This is for ABC transport return ticket. I used my student ID card which reduced my pay to 10,800, if you have a student ID card thats the ABC student price.[/quoted

sir since I don't have an international passport can I use my voters card?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by sunboy(m): 11:07am On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=mkbessman post=49489543][/quote]

Please carry your National ID or even the temporary NIMC works too. If you don't have any of those then you can hold the voters card but I haven't used it before though.

Whatever docs you hold, try to get a good yellow card too.
I advice if you are a first timer to go with company bus (abc, efex etc), tell them the document u have and what u don't have they will tell you what to do.

also note, the tfare is way up now. When do you plan going ? Maybe we can move together, I have plans too.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by mkbessman(m): 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
sunboy:

Please carry your National ID or even the temporary NIMC works too. If you don't have any of those then you can hold the voters card but I haven't used it before though.

Whatever docs you hold, try to get a good yellow card too.
I advice if you are a first timer to go with company bus (abc, efex etc), tell them the document u have and what u don't have they will tell you what to do.

also note, the tfare is way up now. When do you plan going ? Maybe we can move together, I have plans too.

OK.... am targeting December. will u be going before then?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by samwuel(m): 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
Please I plan visiting ghana dis month av never bn there before, is there anyone here planning a trip to ghana also so that we can make arrangement on how to move together so that we can work everything out together including the accommodation.......
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by Demonicide(f): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2016
samwuel:
Please I plan visiting ghana dis month av never bn there before, is there anyone here planning a trip to ghana also so that we can make arrangement on how to move together so that we can work everything out together including the accommodation.......

I have plans travelling to Ghana next yr Jan.The tfare would have subside by then.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by waladis(m): 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hi guys, am planning to take a week trip to Accra in Ghana by road towards the ending of July 2017. I would love to travel in group if possible. Any useful information regarding transportation, accommodation, security, lifestyle or any general information about the city would be appreciated. So guys let the information start flowing in. Thanks.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by ziggy3579: 2:12pm On Dec 23, 2016
How and where can I get dollar in Ghana..... Called Stanbic bank Ghana and they said they don't sell. Please help out
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by drhammed: 2:16am On Jan 01, 2017
I would love to go with you, am just being concerned of my schedule around July, as it's most likely I be in Tanzania then. Would love to have your contact, so we can plan together.. Can't wait to visit Ghana again, Visited it in June 2015 tho, my target now is to visit Kakum National Park in Ghana... Nice country to be.
waladis:
Hi guys, am planning to take a week trip to Accra in Ghana by road towards the ending of July 2017. I would love to travel in group if possible. Any useful information regarding transportation, accommodation, security, lifestyle or any general information about the city would be appreciated. So guys let the information start flowing in. Thanks.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by stepo707: 6:41am On Jan 01, 2017
drhammed:
I would love to go with you, am just being concerned of my schedule around July, as it's most likely I be in Tanzania then. Would love to have your contact, so we can plan together.. Can't wait to visit Ghana again, Visited it in June 2015 tho, my target now is to visit Kakum National Park in Ghana... Nice country to be.
I was in Ghana on Dec 20th till Dec 24h.i used and transport and it cost me 40k to and fro.am guessing because of the Xmas period.kakum park is cool.things are very expensive.chabge your naira to cedis at Ghana border.one alhaji offers the best rates.Buy a sim card once you enter Ghana cos the roaming cost of Calls both for receiving and calling is crazy
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by drhammed: 6:56am On Jan 01, 2017
That's too expensive now... ABC charged me #14,800 as at June 2015, although claimed to be a student discounted price. But now am no longer a student, and no student ID Card. I hope they will reduce the price far from that.

Could remember calling with your Nigeria simcard from Benin was #60/min if you are making Call and #40/min if you are receiving, and similar charges in Accra.

Were you able to visit Kakum National Park? If yes, kindly share with us any info about the park, it's a major tourist attraction. I know for sure it's a rainforests environment with a canopy walk.. You can find a similar thing in Okomu National Park, Nigeria. I would love to visit Kakum to see Elephant at a close distance.. This is what I love doing the most, and I enjoy it... Am a Conservator. Happy new year.

Kind regards
stepo707:

I was in Ghana on Dec 20th till Dec 24h.i used and transport and it cost me 40k to and fro.am guessing because of the Xmas period.kakum park is cool.things are very expensive.chabge your naira to cedis at Ghana border.one alhaji offers the best rates.Buy a sim card once you enter Ghana cos the roaming cost of Calls both for receiving and calling is crazy
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by stepo707: 8:49am On Jan 01, 2017
drhammed:
That's too expensive now... ABC charged me #14,800 as at June 2015, although claimed to be a student discounted price. But now am no longer a student, and no student ID Card. I hope they will reduce the price far from that.

Could remember calling with your Nigeria simcard from Benin was #60/min if you are making Call and #40/min if you are receiving, and similar charges in Accra.

Were you able to visit Kakum National Park? If yes, kindly share with us any info about the park, it's a major tourist attraction. I know for sure it's a rainforests environment with a canopy walk.. You can find a similar thing in Okomu National Park, Nigeria. I would love to visit Kakum to see Elephant at a close distance.. This is what I love doing the most, and I enjoy it... Am a Conservator. Happy new year.

Kind regards
Sorry I used ABC.bro 2015 fuel was still 87naira.now it's now 145 naira and also I guess it was cos of the season.lots of travellers.i visited kakum national park in capecoast.i and my friends did a canopy walk.was scary a bit but fun.you have to pay 50cedis for the foreigners we struck a deal to 30cedis though.They had different sections but cos of time we only did canopy walk
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Travel By Road From Lagos To Ghana? by drhammed: 8:56am On Jan 01, 2017
Ohh great... Would live to visit Kakum and Mole National Park this year, God's grace. Thanks bro.. Bless up
stepo707:

Sorry I used ABC.bro 2015 fuel was still 87naira.now it's now 145 naira and also I guess it was cos of the season.lots of travellers.i visited kakum national park in capecoast.i and my friends did a canopy walk.was scary a bit but fun.you have to pay 50cedis for the foreigners we struck a deal to 30cedis though.They had different sections but cos of time we only did canopy walk

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State / Sad Truths About Living Abroad / PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.