Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors (19331 Views)

Decline In Apprenticeships In Nigeria / The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. / Llm @ Robert Gordon University (sept 2011) Or I Decline. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Sijo01(f): 6:46am On Jul 27, 2014
Not just Lagos o. Majority of Bus Drivers here in Benin do same. They said Conductors do run away with their money hences their decision to engage them at the bus stop only.
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 27, 2014
The old conductors re now drivers and no one wanna be caught in that dirty status any more.....#advancement
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by oderemo(m): 6:55am On Jul 27, 2014
Rossikki: These days the watch word for any savvy business is efficiency. Elimination of waste. If the conductor is not serving an economic value to the driver/owner over and above what his absence would generate, he will not be required, considering his salary and the seat he occupies. These expenses taken up by him are carefully assessed by the driver/owner, and if found exorbitant in relation to the bottom line, his position goes.
Money over safety on your mind always, one day u will advocate for driverless
Molue.

2 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by sugaarbear(m): 7:11am On Jul 27, 2014
i notice all these aswell........
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Mynd44: Just the other day, I saw a female conductor on Ikorodu road. She was with those long white buses that take the Iyan owor route to Oshodi....
do you mynd if I correct you? It is Iyana Oworo please. Thank me later!

cool cool
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Mynd44: 7:35am On Jul 27, 2014
berem: do you mynd if I correct you? It is Iyana Oworo please. Thank me later!

cool cool
cool
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Dexema(m): 7:49am On Jul 27, 2014
WOW! I made fp,its gonna be a gr8 week and a gr8 new month. Happy Eid-el-fitri and happy sunday.
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 27, 2014
LOL! OP, don't worry about that. I think it's all part of economic depression. If the drivers can do it, why employing someone that would milk you? Now, it is survival of the fittest cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by baba11(m): 8:39am On Jul 27, 2014
That means Lagos is getting advanced by the day!!!
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Generalkorex(m): 8:48am On Jul 27, 2014
Dats the new tins o.conductors no dey common for bus again.its only in lagbus and those molues,tata that you will see conductors.
Drivers don wise up.
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by leonshom(m): 8:59am On Jul 27, 2014
Datz not new though, datz d route they ply and usually with dat marcopolo buses
Mynd44: Just the other day, I saw a female conductor on Ikorodu road. She was with those long white buses that take the Iyan owor route to Oshodi....
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 27, 2014
Drivers are becoming wiser that's why.
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Revolva(m): 9:14am On Jul 27, 2014
For which lagos ...op is it the lagos in brazil or portugal...noinsense when boyz r getin broke omo instead of robbin na shadowin for vanagon bus oo sure pass...even babes sef
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by NoContract(m): 9:16am On Jul 27, 2014
macdelene: Lol lol
They artificial passengers u saw initial are been used as beit to draw the real customers so as they d customers come they leave one by one.

It's bait, bro.

One love.
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by protonz(m): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2014
pDude: All the better.

Enough of those dirty, mannerless roughnecks.

The world is evolving, and some things are going to be dropped to rot by the wayside and the local bus conductor is one of them.

dont u think ur wordz are too harsh ,this guys are humans too u know , dey just trying to earn a living ....n besides not all of dem are mannerless , its just the way it is , in every sphere of life u find d gud, bad n ugly!!!!....

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by 26ROY: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2014
e no easy for lagos even for ezkiel
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Okeikpu(m): 11:09am On Jul 27, 2014
Dexema: I have noticed a recent trend in lagos where drivers have time and time again turned their passengers to conductors,all you hear is a grumpy voice over the steering wheel asking for money “line by line“. Another strategy recently employed by drivers is “outsourcing“ conductors at bus stops to fill up the bus for a smaller fee,(who says only multinationals can outsource labour), this brings some questions to mind; Is the present economic situation hitting hard at commercial bus drivers that they would rather not have conductors (especially with the VARIOUS fees they pay to Agberos,lastma,vio etc)thereby turning us all to “passive conductors“,or are we witnessing a slow disappearance of our dramatic lagos conductors?
Pls share your views and experiences
#ekoonibajeo!#
Yorubas r in a better position to share their views on ds conductor stuff..... they r professionals in ds job -,-

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by 4q: 11:13am On Jul 27, 2014
Initially conductors hang by the door, this is no longer allowed especially with the police and FRSC on the roads and it is not economically viable to have a conductor occupy a seat in the bus so they are now made do without.
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by julioralph(m): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2014
Mynd44:
I was surprised.....but if it helps feed her family, it is better than crime
yes dats true oo.... She's far better than d female armed robber that shot people @ alaba
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by networkgenuis: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
Its simply because of economic reasons.

What many people fail to realize is that the Nigerian economy is developing for real!
Apart from the figures you see on papers and the web, this is another way to confirm it. That's why when people say that the common man on the street don't feel the economic improvements, I laugh. It won't happen overnight.
Its just common sense. Na small small.

Soon, you no o fit see gala, lacasera and water buy for holdup.
That's how China started, now here they are.
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by pinkguy(m): 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ps U guys should say the true baba GEJ have provide plenty job dat why dose guy no find conductor intrested again
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by bollify(m): 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
kobonaire: there's nothing wrong with that job either.
i was a bus conductor for 5 years now am a final year student of mechanical engineering in a prestigiuos fedra univsty.... thanks in knowing dat nothing is wrong wit d job..

7 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by authority2006(m): 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
datguru: I'm not in Lagos though but some times it happens in porthacourt here, the one that gets me itching my ears is when I enter a bus of 5 , gradually I see the 5 people disappear when passengers starts coming angry
Most motor parks do that. That's their own marketing strategy. Because they know that if you get to the motor Park and you don't see enough Co passengers in bus, you can easily decide to move on.
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by kunlemessi: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
If you miss the conductors you know what to do man *sips Lipton*
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Howmanage: 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
Omexonomy: most conductors do bolt away with the money they collected esp when the money has become much.
If you doubt me ask mynd44 and seun the other day along ikorodu road i saw seun complaining to mukina2 about how mynd44 was fund of deducting his money at every busstop pretending to be paying agbero (gbawe the APC tout) whereas he is given the money to his brother
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by oduz: 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
The most likely cause is the new Lagos Traffic Law that stipulates that conductors must have a licence, investigations reveal that this is not new across Western Nigeria, as Conductors in the 60s & early & 70s were expected to wear their aluminium licence like a sports medal. The essence being to curb the invasion of miscreants of no fixed address into this essential service. Also the Law mandates conductors to be seated on duty, which has an obvious financial implication. It also frowns at the use of children of school age. The Law does not however make it mandatory that a driver must have a conductor.

2 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Lawalemi(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
It's more profitable to be an Agbero than to be a bus conductor

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by solelymade: 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
Omexonomy: most conductors do bolt away with the money they collected esp when the money has become much.
If you doubt me ask mynd44 and seun the other day along ikorodu road i saw seun complaining to mukina2 about how mynd44 was fund of deducting his money at every busstop pretending to be paying agbero (GBAWE THE APC TOUT) whereas he is given the money to his brother
Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by solelymade: 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
If you doubt me ask mynd44 and seun the other day along ikorodu road i saw seun complaining to mukina2 about how mynd44 was fund of deducting his money at every busstop pretending to be paying agbero (GBAWE THE APC TOUT) whereas he is given the money to his brother

Baba Wèré

2 Likes

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by kobonaire(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
bollify: i was a bus conductor for 5 years now am a final year student of mechanical engineering in a prestigiuos fedra univsty.... thanks in knowing dat nothing is wrong wit d job..
wonderful .... ME is one of the toughest engineering disciplines ... SOM, DOM, Thermo ....max respect to you bros.

1 Like

Re: The Decline Of Lagos Bus Conductors by Omexonomy: 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
solelymade:
Omo Baba Wèré

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Take On Thanking Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / Exxonmobil To Pay N350m Each As Severance Package To Sacked Senior Employees / What Are The Advantages Of B.tech Over B.sc In Civil Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.