Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job (19234 Views)

A Lesson On Getting A Better Job After Being Fired / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? / Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
I am presently working for an IT firm in Ibadan (Upcoming company). We partner with Institutions to train them on IT skills. I am yet to receive a major salary apart from Logistics since december because we are yet to finalize deals with most Institutions.

They rely a lot on my expertise in Marketing so I set the pace for them. Even though things are rough now, but I keep sensing that the future of the company is Bright. We were told that we will be trained in the company on various IT skills so as to help out as Instructors when the deals starts landing. Even though I was told they will pay 50k when the company seals enough deals, but I don't know how long it will take till I start earning that Amount.

Another IT firm in Lagos saw my marketing skills through a client I know, and agreed to pay me 50K excluding movement costs from one place to another, just to do the same thing I do with my present company just that I will be restricted to just marketing.

So I am so confused whether to move to Lagos or to stay with this present company.

Please put your self in my shoes and advice me.

I have just this night and tomorrow morning to accept the offer!! Pleaseeee.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by kingofchess(m): 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
if I am in ur shoes, I will go 4 the lagos job.....some organizations don't want 2 know if u started with them from the scratch or nt....if they want 2 sack u bro they will sack u without looking back.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
Just that I am not tied to this my present Job. It gives me time to do some other things. I only move out when I have some marketing thing to do. But the Lagos job is from Monday to Friday. Non stop!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by LaurelP(m): 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
If you are very sure that the company has potentials and u trust them enough, then stay there. The skills u will acquire are more valuable than the salary.

Coming to Lagos, ur expenses will double making the salary to be inconsequential. Its like starting all over from the scratch with such meagre salary in an expensive place like Lagos.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
LaurelP:
If you are very sure that the company has potentials and u trust them enough, then stay there. The skills u will acquire are more valuable than the salary.

Coming to Lagos, ur expenses will double making the salary to be inconsequential. Its like starting all over from the scratch with such meagre salary in an expensive place like Lagos.

I have a Bro in lagos, which makes feeding and accommodation free. But in Ibadan, I stay alone and feed myself. So what do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
Lalasticlala... Abeg na... Na Beg I dey beg ooo
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by davide470(m): 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
See the deals through. Stay with your present firm in IB.

From your comment, you really believe the IB firm has a great future, so why leave when you have become an integral part of it

5 Likes

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by LaurelP(m): 7:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
Agubushmenyo:

I have a Bro in lagos, which makes feeding and accommodation free. But in Ibadan, I stay alone and feed myself. So what do you think?

The earlier u stop depending on relatives and think independently the better for u. U said the Ibadan job gives u time and u have other side stuff ur doing and there is a chance of acquiring useful skills.
Why do u want to leave it and come to an already saturated Lagos because of 50k and ur brother.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by dotmanxp(m): 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
If think the company has potential and u don't have responsibilities u can stay otherwise Owo ni koko, ma lo na gere grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by kidman96(m): 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
I am presently working for an IT firm in Ibadan (Upcoming company). We partner with Institutions to train them on IT skills. I am yet to receive a major salary apart from Logistics since december because we are yet to finalize deals with most Institutions.
They rely a lot on my expertise in Marketing so I set the pace for them. Even though things are rough now, but I keep sensing that the future of the company is Bright. We were told that we will be trained in the company on various IT skills so as to help out as Instructors when the deals starts landing. Even though I was told they will pay 50k when the company seals enough deals, but I don't know how long it will take till I start earning that Amount.
Another IT firm in Lagos saw my marketing skills through a client I know, and agreed to pay me 50K excluding movement costs from one place to another, just to do the same thing I do with my present company just that I will be restricted to just marketing.
So I am so confused whether to move to Lagos or to stay with this present company.
Please put your self in my shoes and advice me.
I have just this night and tomorrow morning to accept the offer!! Pleaseeee.

Come to Lagos bro. But make a 6months plan on how to save ur salary and rent a place for urself and be independent before coming. The most important thing here isn't changing ur job, its moving to lagos. There are a lot of graduates here in lagos stil searching for jobs but if you can do ur job very well as you have stated and with ur movements around lagos you can find a better job. When it comes to situations like this you don't have to be sentimental. Your company will sack you if they don't need you anymore.
But I believe you are in the situation and know how things really are so u are in the best situation to make ur decision. But moving to lagos should be ur basis for making this decision. I can see myself living anywhere else in Nigeria other than Lagos or Abuja.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Jacko01: 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
Dey are telling you to choose between stayin in a car witout AC and one dat is oye pumpin and you are confused. Stay wer u are and grow with them you hear... Hw does more money over same job transport excluded nt sound beta. You lik monkey dey work baboon go chop so stay in ibadan

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by mekzyjoe(m): 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by mekzyjoe(m): 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
cool cool cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Patini147(m): 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
Transportation alone will finish the 50k in Lagos

8 Likes

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by mekzyjoe(m): 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by AyamConfidence(m): 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
From the first paragraph...my mind said you should keep that Ibadan job...it has potential even though its still a work in progress...and as for staying with your brother in Lagos...its not a good idea...una go just see una self finish...you too should look for innovations yourself...it'll help

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by kennyman2000(m): 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
wish you all the very best in ur decision making op.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by lafex: 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
Stay where u r
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by adepiero: 8:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
Lagos is lucrative but that money is not even enough for transportation not to talk of feeding. So if money is your reason for relocating, you'd better reconsider.

Second thing is that you can never grow when you are restricted, you have to diversify and your current company offers you that option on a platter so why give it away to be a slave in a new place.

Since the present company relies on you and you see prospect in them, I'll advice you stay to build the company enjoy the dividend of your labor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Princenady(m): 8:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
when u make your final decision please and please abd please call my friend on 07062579298. i already told him that he would receive a call from an angel for a job. call him so u can be his angel

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by ladyF(f): 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
You better stay in IB. You want to come and be squatting with relative for how long? You think they won't get tired of you? When they chase you out, will you rent a place and furnish on that salary?

The fact that the Lagos job is strictly marketing, what happens when they start giving you u realistic targets and cutting your pay because you didn't meet target? Lagos is expensive to live in, transport alone can slash your salary by half, IB would be the wisest decision. Gives you time for yourself, lower cost of living, etc, etc. Please use your tongue to count your teeth.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by PresVA: 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
50k isn't worth the move bro!

Keep applying for better jobs..

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Phoenix001(m): 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
Hmm...
Ensure you make enough research on the two companies, see if you can get some details from people in the know
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by tlops(m): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
Who moved your cheese?

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Olabestonic001(m): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
Take the one in Lagos.
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Republicans: 8:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
D both salary ain't rossy enough'. Had it been the offer to lagos was over a 100buks, I would have adviced u take up the new Job'. Life in Lagos is so demanding' u might get there and start depending on ur brother. Seems u find comfort and hope in ur present location' I advice u remain in ur present base' the Devil u know is better than angel in disguise.. better opportunities will come ur way' don't loose hope

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by freemanbubble: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
hmmm
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by taurusmena1(m): 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
My dear, i'll advice you stick with a company that will invest in ur future by means of training and a whole lot more.Moving to Lagos with a salary of 50k is BAD.without mincing words,i'd advice u to stick to ur current job except if u get one of 150k in lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by sinisters(m): 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
It depends on the integrity of the oga at the top in your present place, plus If you have time for other stuffs there and there is future prospects for growth stay there. You are appreciated in ib,they want to use you sharply in lag.....
Stay where you are appreciated.
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by bigerboy200: 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
Stay in Ibadan ohh..
Re: Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job by Doaf: 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
That's how it normally happens, whenever you are closer to reap where you have labored. little distraction must definitely show up inorder not to enjoy the full benefits and glory therein. Your present job has a future in which you attest to, freedom to do any other things that can add value to your life alone in your apartment to think, develop your self and become a man instead of eating free meal from another man's sweat no matter your relationship, this may not be the best for you. Just be patient a little and see what this your present job will turn you into while you ignore the stress and struggle of Lagos which don't normally add much value to ones personal life outside your career. LABOR LITTLE AND ENTER INTO YOUR REST.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Steps To Enhancing Valuable Job Connections In 2014 / Inspector Held For ‘forging’ Colleagues’ Promotion Signals (photo) / Nigerian Policeman Vows To Quit After Experiencing Extortion By His Colleague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.