Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture (16775 Views)

The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / The Kru People Of Liberia And Cote D'ivoire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Fulaman198(m): 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
I owe this thread and dedicate this thread to my Yoruba brethren. Amnestylaw1 made and created a wonderful thread dedicated to the Fulbe (Fulani) peoples, I'm not quite doing this to repay him for his kind deeds, I just thought that the Yoruba, masters of sciences, masters of talking drum (gan gan), and beautiful women and kind gentlemen deserved this thread.

So here it goes:

34 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
awa niyen ,please do away with aregbesola if you are eligible to vote in osun state

6 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by bbello28(m): 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
grin Eleyi gidi gan..

2 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Fulaman198(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
More great things that can be found in Yoruba land

Look at this beauty:

21 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Fulaman198(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
More to come of these kind and great people.

9 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by ewosk: 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nice faces and relatively well cultured people...these above were lucky not to have been touch by d tiger.

15 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by bbello28(m): 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
hopelink1: awa niyen ,please do away with aregbesola if you are eligible to vote in osun state
gi've me 10k nd I wnt vote 4 ogbeni grin ...
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
Fulaman198: More to come of these kind and great people.
My brother from across the Niger, how are you?

Last Bullet

I m honoured as a bonafide Yorùbá man. Thanks for creating this thread.

10 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
hopelink1: awa niyen ,please do away with aregbesola if you are eligible to vote in osun state
May Ògún & Sàngó collabo to give you e-slap for trying to politicize this thread.

32 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by 2prexios: 6:50am On Jul 27, 2014
Thanks for this @fulaman, old pal. God bless our native Africa. The throngs are on their way. Happy sunday and make sure you go to church/shrine this morning: Christ love you (as much as em, the ancestors) Peace.

1 Like

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by amnestylaw1(m): 7:46am On Jul 27, 2014
My friend, Fulman- thank you so much for the beautiful thread. I am highly honored. You see, we can all live together with love and respect for each other. Thank you so much my brother from the great Fulbe people. smiley

11 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by RoyalPearl(f): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nice thread wink

1 Like

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by tpia1: 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
2prexios: Thanks for this @fulaman, old pal. God bless our native Africa. The throngs are on their way. Happy sunday and make sure you go to church/shrine this morning: Christ love you (as much as em, the ancestors) Peace.

Church or shrine?
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
Of all the ethnic groups of this great nation, Nigeria, outside of my own (Fulbe) My greatest admiration is for the Yoruba of South Western Nigeria. Great in history, tradition, culture, respect, accommodation, tolerance and Language. Hopefully I can fully master the Yoruba language with time, some friends here, already taught me a great deal.

37 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by 2prexios: 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
@tpia, church, but fulaman is self-confessed 'unreadable man' and going by his pro-culture-carnival sentiments, will ask him to enjoy his 'safari', but it is the mandate of a christian to politely invite a neighbour to Christ.

3 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by tpia1: 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
You invited him to shrine, seems you are not sure exactly where you want to go?
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by 2prexios: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
tpia1: You invited him to shrine, seems you are not sure exactly where you want to go?
My answer is not enough for you? Keep to the usual hunts.
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Fulaman198(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
My brother from across the Niger, how are you?

Last Bullet

I m honoured as a bonafide Yorùbá man. Thanks for creating this thread.

Doing well brother and yourself?
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Fulaman198(m): 4:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bororojo: Of all the ethnic groups of this great nation, Nigeria, outside of my own (Fulbe) My greatest admiration is for the Yoruba of South Western Nigeria. Great in history, tradition, culture, respect, accommodation, tolerance and Language. Hopefully I can fully master the Yoruba language with time, some friends here, already taught me a great deal.

I am not too good with the Yoruba language too, I know a few things, I just need to spend more time with the language. I love all Nigerian people though. I think all 250 ethnic groups deserve praise.

9 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Fulaman198(m): 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
amnestylaw1: My friend, Fulman- thank you so much for the beautiful thread. I am highly honored. You see, we can all live together with love and respect for each other. Thank you so much my brother from the great Fulbe people. smiley

That is my dream for this great nation that one day, we will truly be one and put aside all the unjustified and naive ethnic bickering. I hope and pray that we all come together as one people and one nation, one knowing, one heart.

10 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Chemical2(m): 5:25am On Jul 28, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
May Ògún & Sàngó collabo to give you e-slap for trying to politicize this thread.

Kai, this guy wicked oh. Na die be that now. cheesy
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Blackchampion(m): 5:26am On Jul 28, 2014
Picture of Seun or idonblivit

2 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by coded01: 5:27am On Jul 28, 2014
GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND THE YORUBA PEOPLE... cool

7 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by HopeAtHand: 5:29am On Jul 28, 2014
Bororojo: Of all the ethnic groups of this great nation, Nigeria, outside of my own (Fulbe) My greatest admiration is for the Yoruba of South Western Nigeria. Great in history, tradition, culture, respect, accommodation, tolerance and Language. Hopefully I can fully master the Yoruba language with time, some friends here, already taught me a great deal.

Who do the Yorubas call gambari?...And why?

1 Like

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by NaLaugh: 5:40am On Jul 28, 2014
Ah! my people. well, sort of cheesy
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Dominionng(m): 5:41am On Jul 28, 2014
OP, are u the dude in the second pics? Just asking...
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 28, 2014
Omo oduduwa for life! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by drkay(m): 5:53am On Jul 28, 2014
Omo yoruba nimi....swaga.

7 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by megabyte2(f): 5:59am On Jul 28, 2014
Proudly Yoruba

6 Likes

Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by osjoshua(m): 6:12am On Jul 28, 2014
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by rill: 6:14am On Jul 28, 2014
Make una stop all d greetings and quoting, nd upload more pishures!
Re: The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 28, 2014
rill: Make una stop all d greetings and quoting, nd upload more pishures!
believe it or yes, those r d only pretty yorubas known...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aina: A Yoruba Term Of EuroAsian Origin / The Coronation Of Oba Abdulraheem Oladele Adeoti, Omu-aran New Monarch / Baale Beats Resident To Coma For Failing To Pay Obeisance To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.