Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari (982 Views)

Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki / Killing People While Shouting Allahu Akbar Is Not Islam – Buhari / I Unilaterally Called The War On Boko Haram, Not Jonathan, Chad’s Idriss Deby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by Areolad: 12:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Former military Head of State and one of the leaders of the opposition, All Progressives Congress, (APC), Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd) has said that the dreaded terror group, Boko Haram should not be linked with Islam.

Buhari made the statement on Thursday while receiving the Kaduna State Governor, Mukhtar Yero, on a sympathy visit to him, adding that terror sect could be crushed with the same zeal the 30-month old civil war that claimed over one million Nigerians was fought.

The former head of state said that Nigeria had the capacity to defeat the dreaded Boko Haram Islamic sect and that the Federal Government should realize that their activities were not religious but terrorism.

The APC Chieftain argued that it would be wrong to link the sect’s activities to Islam as being done in some quarters, adding that the sect could not have claimed to be fighting a religious cause when, they killed innocent people and destroyed worship places.

Read his statement in part:

“When this question of Boko Haram started I’m sure it was on record that the first statement I made about 18 months ago was that no religion advocates what is happening. So basically it is not the case of religion or ethnicity when they kill children in schools in the North-East; they kill teachers; they burn churches , they burn mosques, they burn motor parks , they burn markets.

“Where is religion there? Where is ethnicity there? This is terrorism and I hope the government will come to grip with it. Nigeria is capable of dealing with this. We dealt with the civil war for 30 months we fought and we kept Nigeria one and God’s willing we are going to keep Nigeria one.”

“When I came out of the car there was blood on my dress I did not know how it came about because I did not have a scratch on my body but there were dead bodies all over the place. The security tried to move me to the other side and we just got one of the vehicles passing by and they brought me home.”

“I hope the law enforcement agencies and the chief executives of the states will succeed in securing the country. May God help us.”

http://www.skytrendnews.com/index.php/news/cover/2907-boko-haram-not-linked-to-islam-buhari
Re: Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 27, 2014
He wanted to say book haram linked to islam
Re: Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by jakiedudu(m): 1:20am On Jul 27, 2014
Boko Haram is Islam period! Ask Shekau.
Re: Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by neuljosh(m): 1:44am On Jul 27, 2014
BH is 100% Islam and the Quran supports it.
Re: Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by Nobody: 1:55am On Jul 27, 2014
I don hear you but I no agree. I already know that that assasination attempt on you few days ago is planned. We ain't that silly!
Re: Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by faithugo64(f): 2:11am On Jul 27, 2014
oga stop lying,you are too old for that. BOKO HARAM is linked to ISLAM. But we know that not all muslims are in support of their deadly activities! OGA STOP DEFENDING ISLAM,DO SOMETHING THAT WILL HELP THE CURRENT STATE OF YOUR COUNTRY

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by Nobody: 2:36am On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 27, 2014
No, they are linked to amadioha worshippers. Seriously, this man's senility increases by the day sad

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 27, 2014
IdiAmin1: No, they are linked to amadioha worshippers. Seriously, this man's senility increases by the day sad

Boko Haram (usually translated as "Western education is a sin"wink, is a militant Islamist organization based in northern Nigeria, influenced by the Wahhabi movement. Founded by Mohammed Yusuf in 2002, the organization seeks to establish an Islamic state in Nigeria.

The group's official name in Arabic is Jama'at Ahl al-Sunna li al-Da'awat wa al-Jihad (جماعة أهل السنة للدعوة و الجهاد), meaning "people committed to the propagation of the tradition and jihad".

The name by which they are generally known, "Boko Haram", meaning "Western education is forbidden", derives from the Arabic harām, meaning "forbidden" (as opposed to halal); and the Hausa word boko (the first vowel is long, the second pronounced in a low tone), meaning, roughly, "fake" (defined as "(a) Doing anything to create impression that one is better off, or that thing is of better quality or larger in amount than is the case, (b) anything so treated... etc."wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram
Re: Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by tit(f): 6:02am On Jul 27, 2014
this man is still finding Sultan Shekau trouble.
i don hear Sultan Shekau say he is doing all this work for Allah.
I hear am with my koro koro ears.
Gen Buhari, you can deceive small pickin them,
you cannot fool me.
Re: Boko Haram Not Linked To Islam - Buhari by adaxxy: 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
tit:
this man is still finding Sultan Shekau trouble.
i don hear Sultan Shekau say he is doing all this work for Allah.
I hear am with my koro koro ears.
Gen Buhari, you can deceive small pickin them,
you cannot fool me.
islamabad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Osun 2014: Mixed Feelings As DSS Operatives Fire Gunshots In Osun / Boko Haram Defeat Nigerian Military Takes Over Bama - Bbc / Nairaland State Of Origin Census- September 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.