Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

2003 Honda Civic Si Wont Start.... PLS HELP - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2003 Honda Civic Si Wont Start.... PLS HELP (1367 Views)

My Volvo S60 Stopped Working And Wont Start / My Toyota Condor Wont Start When The Engine Is Hot. Pls Help. / Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2003 Honda Civic Si Wont Start.... PLS HELP by MidaxPhoenix(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2014
Dear forumite, I just bought a Honda civic si. 2003 model.

I asked a friend to help bring to ibadan from lagos and en route the car stalled and shut down.

On inspection, the radiator was empty and putting water shows signs of overheating.

It was towed to my office and a mechanic opined that it's the gasket, radiator or so.

I had it scanned and the following codes were gotten

PO132. O2 sensor circuit high voltage

PO301

P0302

PO 303

Random mutliple

The guy said cylinder misfiring.

The mechanic looks clueless as he kept shouting na battery,na battery.

Pls I need advice as it cranks but does not start.. and a good Honda mechanic in ibadan.
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Si Wont Start.... PLS HELP by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19am On Jul 27, 2014
The codes you posted are multiple cylinder misfire, check spark plugs on all cylinders and coils to be sure they are working

Check for coolant in engine oil and engine oil in coolant, also check if engine spins faster than usual when cranking. If yes to all then you have a burnt head gasket.

Note your engine does not fare well to overheating for it to have been driven dry till it came to a halt is bad news. have them check for cracks on the block before you go far, if you find any replace the entire engine.
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Si Wont Start.... PLS HELP by MidaxPhoenix(m): 9:38am On Jul 27, 2014
Thanks gazzuz

The engine oil is brackish, very dark and has a smoky odour. Like burnt stuff.

My friend said it blinked check engine light and then a cringing sound before shutting down. He was on 140kmh

The engine still spins normal

But as a proactive measure, how much can I get the engine...
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Si Wont Start.... PLS HELP by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:17am On Jul 27, 2014
B4 you jump to engine let's focus on what we have on ground. Did you ask your friend if it over heated while driving?
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Si Wont Start.... PLS HELP by sultaan(m): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
Your friend is a top of the line slowpoke who has never owned a car destroyed your car in one drive.
He got a used car did not check fluids before doing 140kmph maybe mph with engine flashing .

You will need another engine imho .

You bought a reliable honda that needs another engine before you even got it home.

Choose your cars wisely if you are paying for it do a visual overview personally.

Lesson learnt now it a beginning of your spending spree, you said a Civic Si which does not use the same engine as a regular civic it is a more powerful version of civic

That sound your friend described is probably whet some call throwing a rod grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Si Wont Start.... PLS HELP by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
sultaan: Your friend is a top of the line slowpoke who has never owned a car destroyed your car in one drive.
He got a used car did not check fluids before doing 140kmph maybe mph with engine flashing .

You will need another engine imho .

You bought a reliable honda that needs another engine before you even got it home.

Choose your cars wisely if you are paying for it do a visual overview personally.

Lesson learnt now it a beginning of your spending spree, you said a Civic Si which does not use the same engine as a regular civic it is a more powerful version of civic

That sound your friend described is probably whet some call throwing a rod grin

You would have given him a little hope grin
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Si Wont Start.... PLS HELP by MidaxPhoenix(m): 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sultan, the deed has been done. It's regrettable.

The mechanic was able to start the engine after removing the spark plug and expelling the water in the engine.

No cracks on the block and cylinders still Ok.

He is recommending a gasket, radiator, spark plugs change as tentative measures while I shop for a new engine.
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Si Wont Start.... PLS HELP by DECOtech(m): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2014
MidaxPhoenix: Sultan, the deed has been done. It's regrettable.

The mechanic was able to start the engine after removing the spark plug and expelling the water in the engine.

No cracks on the block and cylinders still Ok.

He is recommending a gasket, radiator, spark plugs change as tentative measures while I shop for a new engine.

(1) (Reply)

What Car Make Do You Admire Most? / Which is better Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla / My Unforgettable Experience With Innoson Motors In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.