Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? (831 Views)

Is Euthanasia/Mercy Killing A Sin Since Suicide Is A Sin? / Any Biblical Proof That Suicide Is A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by reelup1: 10:50am On Jul 27, 2014
Life seems to be nothing to me anymore,i am frustrated and fed-up,nothing works for me,i am not lazy,i am intelligent and hardworking,experience failures at the edge of success,promise and fail,homeless,e.t.c i am 41 and i dont know to which direction to turn to,have fasted,prayed,strictly adhere to Gods word by Grace,i am the first born of my parent my female junior ones takes the lead in the care of my mother,one did borehole,bought freezer, the other one furnish her flat and gave her money,i walk in shame,my mum sometimes says she is so proud of my juniour ones,our last born just did her Introduction ,i could not stand as the eldest,i was called to snap pictures the look of shame on me was so much,tried getting a job,travel,favour all failed,is truly a sin to commit suicide?
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 27, 2014
Come on, man.
What's wrong? smiley
Why do you want to commit suicide?
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2014
Are you sure you are intelligent? I am finding it hard to believe. An intelligent person would know that the reasons you gave for wanting to commit suicide are not plausible. Guy go and hustle! If indeed you are tired of life and want to end it, then borrow someone else the rest of your life by getting involved with some work of charity. Go to an NGO and give your time to them till the day you die.

1 Like

Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by reelup1: 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
@Apatheist ,No Job,no home,i sleep arround at risky\un-secured b.stops,a half plot of land that i inherited from my late dad which i wanted to sell to raise fund was collected from me,i have not recorded any success,i manage selling GALA in traffic and was able to save some money to rent an apartment (one room) the whole money was taken from me by hoodlums while i ran for my life arround Abule egba traffic junction ,i always have the saved money on me which i use for my petty hustling business,been to church\prayer home\crusades ,tried to abstain from sin though not perfect.have a brilliant boy age 6,lost his mother 5 years ago due to typhoid fever and lack of care,i want to stop here,the thought of suicide is strong on my mind ,my life has no meaning .Does the bible regards SUICIDE A SIN?
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
reelup1: @Apatheist ,No Job,no home,i sleep arround at risky\un-secured b.stops,a half plot of land that i inherited from my late dad which i wanted to sell to raise fund was collected from me,i have not recorded any success,i manage selling GALA in traffic and was able to save some money to rent an apartment (one room) the whole money was taken from me by hoodlums while i ran for my life arround Abule egba traffic junction ,i always have the saved money on me which i use for my petty hustling business,been to church\prayer home\crusades ,tried to abstain from sin though not perfect.have a brilliant boy age 6,lost his mother 5 years ago due to typhoid fever and lack of care,i want to stop here,the thought of suicide is strong on my mind ,my life has no meaning .Does the bible regards SUICIDE A SIN?
Try TEHN
www.nairaland.com/1315227/e-helpers-network-tehn-official-thread/
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by reelup1: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
Would accept all manner of insults,judgements,condemnations and never give any bad response,i know how far i have gone in hustling and the magnitude of failures and rejection, load carrying at idumota\bus conductor \servants\written several applications ,my question is it a sin to commit suicide?
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by PastorOluT(m): 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
Suicide is indeed a sin n u should never try it, I guess i don't need a sermon to make u realize that 'cos even ur question shows something is wrong.

The first thing i want u to realize is if u kill urself now, what become of ur six year old boy? The truth is there is more to life than here n now, so live for eternity by living for others 'cos I tell u ur life will be more meaningful n things would start working well for u when u spend ur life for others.
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by torchwave: 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
PastorOluT: Suicide is indeed a sin n u should never try it, I guess i don't need a sermon to make u realize that 'cos even ur question shows something is wrong.

The first thing i want u to realize is if u kill urself now, what become of ur six year old boy? The truth is there is more to life than here n now, so live for eternity by living for others 'cos I tell u ur life will be more meaningful n things would start working well for u when u spend ur life for others.
Word
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by reelup1: 9:39am On Jul 28, 2014
@PastorOluT,spending one's time working for others,do throw more light on this .Thanks
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by PastorOluT(m): 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
reelup1: @PastorOluT,spending one's time working for others,do throw more light on this .Thanks

Living for others, forgetting ur predicament n thinking of ways u bring smile to other people's face. Though this might be difficult initially but as u forget urself n try to affect the lives of others, then gradually things start taking shape.

Actually the change might not necessarily be ur situation bt u first, the change will occur in u first whereby ur desires n perceptions to life changes n the things that was formally cause of worry to u no longer matter. The world is designed in such a way that for some of us (I said some of us 'cos if I tell u my story u might see urs as child's play) to find fulfilness n meaning in life would only come from us giving it to others.

My first suggestion is for this to really work, get serious with ur maker n spend more time with Him as u develop a relationship (pls avoid being religious at all cost 'cos this would only complicate things further), and see the world in a new dimension.
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by reelup1: 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
Its more of Spiritual, my thought,i asked the question to know if it is not what i have done before 'Working for others even without pay\remuneration intension ,how many would i count ,at the end of the day it amount to blame,faults finding and disapointments,i am talking about years of volountary and passionate Stewardship .At above 40 years,still could make myself available to serve\work for others,won't my remaining years efforts end in futility?fear of d unknown. Pastor,I say a big thank you for your motivational words.Would be man enough to have profound thought and face the reality. the suffering is too much,a man that cannot afford to rent a single room is worth anything.
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by NnaNna4(m): 12:15am On Jul 29, 2014
what's ur qualification?

what are ur younger ones qualifications?

ur story is not completely clear.

get a good church and get committed in one of the units.

like after 3-6months things will change. make sure u give ur testimony

1 Like

Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by reelup1: 9:09am On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks NnaNna4 for ur advise of joining a church,but dont always evaluate success on the platform of Academic qualification,my juniours are female and Married.Your thought is that His Juniours are GRADUATES ,he is not ,that's the reason they are better off.you are wrong.
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by torchwave: 9:30am On Jul 29, 2014
Op, if you believe in God, and that He can turn your story to glory, then I would advise you to get the book 'How To Be Led By The Spirit' written by Kenneth Hagin. You can skip other chapters and go straight to the chapter that talks about training the human spirit.

Remember, faith is not abracadabra. It is knowing the exact steps to receive from God through patience. It will change your life if you read it with an open heart.
Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by reelup1: 11:52am On Jul 29, 2014
@touchwave,i can't thank you enough,i shall endeavor to find it.

1 Like

Re: Commiting Suicide,is Truly A Sin? by TOYNEX(f): 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
reelup1: Life seems to be nothing to me anymore,i am frustrated and fed-up,nothing works for me,i am not lazy,i am intelligent and hardworking,experience failures at the edge of success,promise and fail,homeless,e.t.c i am 41 and i dont know to which direction to turn to,have fasted,prayed,strictly adhere to Gods word by Grace,i am the first born of my parent my female junior ones takes the lead in the care of my mother,one did borehole,bought freezer, the other one furnish her flat and gave her money,i walk in shame,my mum sometimes says she is so proud of my juniour ones,our last born just did her Introduction ,i could not stand as the eldest,i was called to snap pictures the look of shame on me was so much,tried getting a job,travel,favour all failed,is truly a sin to commit suicide?
and yet u can afford a java phone in d least to browse n subscription to post this shit? smh

(1) (Reply)

Wish To Change Religion / Should I Report him To Pastor? / Happy Sallah! Lets See A Selfie Of Your Ram Before Eid(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.