Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,907 members, 7,952,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:18 PM

Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth (1659 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal And Other Northern Governors Pose For A Shot At Sokoto Airport / The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? / El-Rufai, Buhari & Other APC Chieftains Laughing (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by 0rlando0woh: 11:20am On Jul 27, 2014
The President of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Yerima Shettima, has criticised all former heads of state from the North for the backwardness the region is experiencing at the moment, while condemning delegates at the national conference who are against establishing a special fund to rehabilitate the North-East. Shettima told SUNDAY PUNCH that all northern leaders who had ruled the country and other northern elite failed to lift the region when they had the opportunity to do so. According to him, they have plunged the northerners further into poverty. The AYC leader said, “What they have been able to bequeath to the region instead is backwardness, illiteracy, poverty and lack of employment. There’s poverty all over the northern region as a result of their bad stewardship; lack of accountability and transparency. “For more than two decades of their being in power in Nigeria since independence and having the opportunities to transform the North, they failed to lift up the region. That’s why today the northerners receive all types of insults from their southern counterparts. “None of the leaders -name any of them -has been exceptional. They have not done anything. But, a member of the National Executive Council of the Arewa Consultative Forum, Alhaji Mohammed Abdulrahman, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the comment of Shettima on leadership failure in the North was mere grandstanding. According to him, many of the northern former heads of state are men who want the best not only for northerners but for the whole nation. The ACF chieftain said, “We are worried about Nigeria. It’s not really time to apportion blame. It’s true northerners had ruled the country more than any other regions. Nonetheless, I will tell you these leaders are good men. They are not the cause of the North’s problems. “I won’t say they’re the cause of our woes. What he (Shettima) said is grandstanding; he’s only doing political grandstanding. Young people like him like to make all the noise. They’re not aware of the tricks and intrigues of politics.
www.punchng.com/news/northern-leaders-caused-norths-backwardness/
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by macpetrus(m): 11:21am On Jul 27, 2014
True!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2014
Bitter truth angry

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Emmafrancis: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2014
correct talk. You know who to blame. Just allow GEJ to do his best to savage the situation.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by lyntiffany(f): 11:52am On Jul 27, 2014
Say the truth an it shall set you free.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
and i say southern leaders are the reason we are where we are today! with oil in the south, we shud be compared to other developed nations around the globe.
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by busterr(m): 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
Say no to buhlala sorry buhari 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Swiftboy(m): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
He spoke the bitter truth! The other guy that opposed him is a big fool...which other part of Nigeria? Northern leaders that are too selfish to be true. Smh

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by okosodo: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
SMOKESCREEN
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by idumuose(m): 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Orlando owoh,you are being reasonable this time.Arewa is right

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by jakiedudu(m): 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
They need to change their mentality. The north has the capacity to become one of the wealthiest region in Nigeria if only they invest their time on Agriculture. Unfortunately the same people crying of underdevelopment are the same people fighting against true federalism. Without true federalism, the north will continue to wallop in poverty and mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by mike404(m): 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
SAI MAI SALLAH TO THE PROPHET OF ISLAM (Buhari) PISS AND POO BE UPON HIM angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
I hate Buhari and all those who are deceived to believe he represents anything positive.

Buhari and APC bombed Buhari.

That's the kind of Animal some uninformed (including mods) back to preside over me in 2015.

NEVER!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
I hate Buhari and all those who are deceived to believe he represents anything positive.

That's the kind of Animal some uninformed (including mods) back to preside over me in 2015.

NEVER!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Rikidony(m): 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nothing BUT THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH. its high time the northern youth hold their leaders accountable. its pathetic to see their youths here in the south hawking during school hours while the kids of their leaders are schooling abroad

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Ezyp(m): 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
Now they know
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by dontjealousme: 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
National Executive Council of the Arewa Consultative Forum, Alhaji Mohammed Abdulrahman, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the comment of Shettima on leadership failure in the North was mere grandstanding. According to him, many of the northern former heads of state are men who want the best not only for northerners but for the whole nation. The ACF chieftain said, “We are worried about Nigeria. It’s not really time to apportion blame. It’s true northerners had ruled the country more than any other regions. [/b]Nonetheless, I will tell you these leaders are good men. They are not the cause of the North’s problems. “I won’t say they’re the cause of our woes. What he (Shettima) said is[b] grandstanding; he’s only doing political[b] grandstanding[/b]. Young people like him like to make all the noise. They’re not aware of the tricks and intrigues of politics.

See insult from a grandpa sinner to an enlightened youth, calling Shettima stu.pid. The earlier these northern youth take over from those crazy old fools the better for them in the North.

Meanwhile, Yerima Shettima should watch his back. U have committed a taboo.

Now u can see, the real problem of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by texazzpete(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes: I hate Buhari and all those who are deceived to believe he represents anything positive.

NEVER!

Don't be silly. The only thing you love is the crisp Naira notes you're paid to post comments on nairaland.

I'm surprised there are so many agreeing with this Arewa Youth fellow. I thought most of you lapdogs have been trying to tell us for years that Buhari diverted most of the PTF projects to sites in the North when he was the PTF chairman? Has the story changed now? Did he neglect the North and develop the South instead, making you all liars?

Answers, please.
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
undecidedthat answers the question why they wanted to kill him lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by ahaika23: 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
Mba, blame GEJ

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Omimah: 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
idumuose: Orlando owoh,you are being reasonable this time.Arewa is right
The OP can't be OrlandoOwoh. I'll always oppose any lie against Buhari. Did you bother to ask why the OP singled out only Buhari's name and put it in the topic? Have you gotten you 30k from TAN, the month will soon end?
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Omimah: 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
idumuose: Orlando owoh,you are being reasonable this time.Arewa is right
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by idumuose(m): 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Omimah:
The OP can't be OrlandoOwoh. I'll always oppose any lie against Buhari. Did you bother to ask why the OP singled out only Buhari's name and put it in the topic? Have you gotten you 30k from TAN, the month will soon end?
i should ask orlando owoh why he singled out Buhari? Why should i ask him when i already know Buhari's antecedents.i think that guy orlando owoh is himself confused.
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Omimah: 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
idumuose:
i should ask orlando owoh why he singled out Buhari? Why should i ask him when i already know Buhari's antecedents.i think that guy orlando owoh is himself confused.
OrlandoOwoh is not confused. The OP is impersonating me. One of your moderators banned me. You a free to ask to ban this handle of mine.
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
texazzpete:

Don't be silly. The only thing you love is the crisp Naira notes you're paid to post comments on nairaland.

I'm surprised there are so many agreeing with this Arewa Youth fellow. I thought most of you lapdogs have been trying to tell us for years that Buhari diverted most of the PTF projects to sites in the North when he was the PTF chairman? Has the story changed now? Did he neglect the North and develop the South instead, making you all liars?

Answers, please.
Silence
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by size38: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
The North is backward yes, but the South is not even better either. Poverty, hunger, unemployment, insecurity, educational backwardness are all present and have their strong root in the south also. The collective actions and inaction of our past and present leaders in Nigeria are responsible for all these. After all, every govt has collection of leaders from different parts of the country who converge to take decisions on behalf all of us be it decision to allocate juicy contracts, loot money, or positions etc. When OBJ was d president, Hausas, Igbos, yorubas, Niger Deltans were all in his government in their good numbers sharing and looting our common resources.
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by uzoexcel(m): 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
truth
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Blackfire(m): 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
banega: Bitter truth angry
truth bitter

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by omenka(m): 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
Yeah, they are responsible!!

They had the chance to exclusively develop their region without anyone raising a finger in objection during the era of military dictatorships but failed to do so, and instead, chosed to develop other regions.

God bless the General for his unbiased nature and for being a true nationalist!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by vedaxcool(m): 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
This does not explain Goatluck monumental failure in delivering any of his electoral promises! Buhari a true Nigerian would never sectarianize gorvernace for the North or his people instead he ran an inclusive government that sort to unite all Nigerians, jonathan on the other have personalise goverment for his people while inciting the remainder of nigerians against each other.
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Descartes: 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2014
shocked
Re: Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth by Descartes: 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
tongue

(1) (Reply)

Ebola : Public, Private Schools To Resume October 13. / Asamoah Gyan Holding Press Conference To Deny He Used CASTRO As Human Sacrifice / BREAKING : Tambuwal Remains Speaker Till December – Federal High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.