Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses (2985 Views)

Jonathan Campaigns In Rivers, As The People Troop Out En Mass / President Jonathan Campaigns In Kwara (pictures) / Police Battle Hoodlums As Jonathan Campaigns In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by lagbaja(m): 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/4910--goodluck-brings-his-election-campaign-to-london-with-red-bus-publicity-blitz

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has stepped up his campaign for the 2015 presidential elections with the commencement of an appeal to the diaspora in the UK through the use of London's red buses. Although so far President Jonathan is yet to formally declare that he will run in next year's elections, all the signs are that he will. Up and down Nigeria, numerous groupings have endorsed his candidacy and the president's ruling People's Democratic Party has been tough on potential opponents. Over the last week, President Jonathan extended his appeal to the 2m strong Nigerian diaspora in the UK with a public campaign involving the use of banners on London's popular red buses. Bearing slogan London for Goodluck, the banners have been plastered across several buses that ply the capital. Last month, the government hired the Washington, DC public relations firm Levick to promote its image abroad and in Nigeria, although it is not yet clear if it was the agency that placed the advertisement. Technically, the contract is between Levick and the News Agency of Nigeria but Levick began charging the government at the rate of $100,000 per month over the course of the next year for its services starting on June 16. According to the terms of the contract between the PR giant and Nigeria, Levick will provide government affairs and communications counsel with the primary objective of changing the international and local media narrative on a number of issues. These include efforts to mobilise international support in fighting Islamic terrorists Boko Haram as part of the greater global war on terror and helping find the Chibok schoolgirls. Not to be outdone, Nigeria's main opposition party the All Progressive Congress (APC) recently hired its own foreign public relations firm to take charge of its impending 2015 campaign at a whopping cost of $1.2m. London public relations firm Burson-Marsteller has been hired by the APC to handle all of its media campaigns for the next 12 months up to and beyond the 2015 elections. Although Nigerians in the UK and the diaspora at large cannot vote, a lot of them will be returning to the country to participate in next year's elections. For several years, the diaspora has been campaigning for the right to vote in elections but a bill proposing this was defeated the last time it was debated in the National Assembly. - See more at: http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/4910--goodluck-brings-his-election-campaign-to-london-with-red-bus-publicity-blitz#sthash.EgBUI3Td.dpuf

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by slimfit1(m): 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
Complete lie its computer generated advert you send to friends to look like a vip. If its true he has crossed the line.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Oga Jonathan!
Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
i doubt the source but Oga Jonah till 2015

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by phantom(m): 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
if this is true,then its shameful. in a country where its doctors are on strike and their govt has no plan on how to combat the Ebola scourge.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by lagbaja(m): 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
slimfit1: Complete lie its computer generated advert you send to friends to look like a vip. If its true he has crossed the line.

That was my first reaction until I saw the video. I will post it shortly

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
Goodluck to all mankind.

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
slimfit1: Complete lie its computer generated advert you send to friends to look like a vip. If its true he has crossed the line.

VIDEO: Nigeria's Goodluck Jonathan hit London With 2015 Election Campaign Hints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uhMUd5OEUk

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Dreal1247: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
Gej till 2019. Haters, go-and-d........

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
Na London go vote for you abi no worry we sidon dey wait you for country

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
London for Goodluck is the grassroots movement fighting for the agenda Nigerians voted for in 2011. We are millions of people, empowering individuals to make their voices heard.

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by oduastates: 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
What a disgrace.
A new low

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by slimfit1(m): 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
eGuerrilla:

Yeah its a computer generated clip someone must be deceiving Jonathan with film tricks to extort money from the useless president.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by slimfit1(m): 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
eliment: Na london go vote for abi no worry we see down dey waite you for country

That is a big question we shall find out next year.
Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Ayomax(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
waste of money
Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Rikidony(m): 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
APC paid Lap dogs are just so silly ..... so now any info that bears the name Goodluck is absolutely being promoted by the Nigerian government. patheticgringrin

GEJ tilllll ...........2019

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by aluunoble: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Omimah: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
I can't believe this man has taken his cluelessness outside the shores of Nigeria. "No problem, there is God in everything we do . . . contunu . . ."

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Safari29: 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
op u and ur president are retar.. ded undecided
Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by aluunoble: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
phantom: if this is true,then its shameful. in a country where its doctors are on strike and their govt has no plan on how to combat the Ebola scourge.

Pls don't we have Nigerians in diaspora?

Meawhile, NMA will call him to order!

we now have 4 Arms of govt in decresing oder of superiority:

-THE NMA
-THE EXECUTIVE
-THE LEGISLATURE and finally
-THE JUDICIARY!
NMA is on top of her game! Big shots you know!

CONHESS 9 step 4 For House Officer
basic salary : 1,426,787NGN per annum
hazard allowance: 60,000NGN
call duty allowance: 799NGN per unit call ( in CONMESS it is 1,503NGN per unit call for HOs)

Pls sir, if I got you well, u mean should status quo be maintained as per the House Officers (intern Medical Doctors), and the Hazard Allowance being agitated for by NMA is approved, A House Officer Monthly Basic Salary will now be to wit:

Monthly Basic Salary: #120,000 (approx.)
Monthly Hazard Allowance #100,000
Monthly call duty (JUTH for instance as presently obtainable):#60,000

In a month, a House Officer (intern Medical Doctor) will smile home with #278,898.917 (approx #280,000; two hundred and eighty thousand naira?)

Sorry for bugging u sir!
In a year (annum) a House Officer (intern Physician) will smile to the bank with THREE MILLION,THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY SIX THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SEVEN NAIRA (#3,346,787)?

Pls FG heed the demand of NMA especially for the sake of the House Officers. Fed Road Safety Commission pls endeavour to issue every Doctor dat special plate number our messiah Dr. Obembe demanded when he was sworn in as the new NMA boss. Inspector Gen of Police and SSS please don't forget the special security detail Sir. Obembe requested earlier on for our members, @ least ONE SSS Officer,ONE SOLDIER,pls remember not to attach a police officer so that their black uniform will not stain their ward suite! ONE CUSTOM AND IMMIGRATION OFFICERS respectively (for easy border access to neighbouring countries)
Minister of Interior pls see to this security challenge of doctors!

Nigerians pls note that these pertinent demands shall be periodically reviewed as time goes on!
Fed Executive Council pls award contract to Julius Berger Construction Company to build access road (u can take a clue from the BRT lane in Lagos state) designated NIGERIAN DOCTORS ONLY pls KEEP OFF!!!

Finally Mr. President in other to bring insurgency in Nigeria finally to an end, pls NMA Surgeon General needs the head of Shekau (as part of International Best Practices, Shekau's head MUST be without BLOOD STAIN)to really check his brain cells!!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by slimfit1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
eGuerrilla:

Well I am setting up a panel and a committee to look and investigate the buses. Londoners don't over look things like this they would have taking pics and back us up by now with evidence. I was in central London last week I didn't see anything.

May be a politricks.
Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by vandersave: 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
make I carry my chair, wt my plate of pop corn, come sit down they observe things, cos I know say something must happen here.
Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Mogidi: 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
[size=15pt]The Thief Version[/size].

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by Mogidi: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
[size=15pt]The Buko Hari version[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by aluunoble: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Mogidi: [size=15pt]The Buko Hari version[/size]
Lol

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by size38: 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
Just look at what failure and uncertainty has caused GEJ and PDP?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by spikesC(m): 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
[size=18pt]The Video is fake[/size].
The size of the signboard in relative to the perspective when the bus is coming and branching off is not real. It easily gives it away. The signboard is also too white and the text, too sharp in relative to the distance between the bus and the camera.

Definitely, it was not done by the FG. Probably, it was done by Nigerians in London who support him tongue

However, even if it was real, it is not a new thing in politics. In the west, companies and individuals sponsor campaigns for politicians.

Look at how a 3 hour shady job has corrupted your minds and brought out the worst in you. Now imagine what the media has been doing to you all these while. Now ask yourselves, "shouldn't i be ashamed of myself. Shouldn't I be ashamed that i can show nothing for my education"

Say no to ignorance. Get educated Nigerians cool

Now ponder on the picture below wink

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by GovWahala: 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
Seriously this janjaweedians are so lame with their crappy ideas.
Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by poiZon: 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
it is well!
Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by barnaby04(m): 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
Nigeria needs a clean breath of air by 2015 and not this polluted one that holds no future for us!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Campaigns For 2015 On London Buses by jericco1(m): 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
According to that Yoruba man over there "it's a Lies"

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Gets First Elected Female Governor / Do You Feel Vindicated For Not Voting For Buhari? / Asari Dokubo Reportedly Sends Strong Message To Buhari And Biafrans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.