Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW (6799 Views)

Which Is Better In Nigeria Economy And Road, Honda Or Toyota / Advice : Honda Or Lexus / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by yungboss(m): 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
cne010: I don't know where you guys get this outrageous price, the w203 in question has 12 plugs and yes they last 100k miles. With the Honda how many times would change your plugs in 100k miles?

The W211 smartchoice mentioned the brake system called SBC is around 120 to 150k my mechanic owns one and believe me his friend bought his w211 E320 has owned for 8 years and haven't changed his.

The shocks of the W203 in question rarely goes bad I put it to you that you would change the ones on the Honda twice which are more expensive than the one for the W203.

The W203 doesn't use Airmatic shocks so it's cheap the W211 E500 that has the Safol Airmatic shocks are the expensive ones and the OP is not going for a W211.

The W203 the OP wants you can buy both the engine and gear for less than 180k that's the price for the engine alone of the accord so what are we saying here?

some subscribers just quote and quote...the Op has already decided to go for the Honda...it really amazes me how numbers are stated like some casualty figures of Boko Haram attack.
w203 that's all over the place in Benin, everyone drives it. It's so common in Port Harcourt.
the 330i has been painted as a nightmare before the Op, yet everyone drives it...smh.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=smartchoice]It seems your comprehension skills are poor or you just like to hear yourself whine without reference to all that has been said on this thread....BMW ko 4matic ni....Op, Op, Op how many times I call you?....E350 W211 wey this poster dey talk...the brake system costs around 350k, the transmission 270k, 4matic shocks averages around 40k for one and a pair 80k....who is talking about speed or handling?....As for the BMW flee, again I say flee unless you have a mech you want to build a house for! Am a Merc fan but I'd advice you to get the Accord the interior is also appealing...unless you are looking for a car to decorate your compound with.....

Na three times ooo...I wonder the looks on the face of those dishing out money to repair such machines unless na money miss road. If mechanics dey pray to finish him house, God no go allow am find me at all. I greet you for ur sincere advise
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
yungboss:
some subscribers just quote and quote...the Op has already decided to go for the Honda...it really amazes me how numbers are stated like some casualty figures of Boko Haram attack.
w203 that's all over the place in Benin, everyone drives it. It's so common in Port Harcourt.
the 330xi has been painted as a nightmare before the Op, yet everyone drives it...smh.

Yes. I've decided to go for the Honda jeje or do you think the C30 2003 kompressor would be the best bet?
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
yungboss:
the 330xi has been painted as a nightmare before the Op, yet everyone drives it...smh.

Me self just tire w203? Wey full Ibadan the last time I visited fear catch me let alone Lagos. Even students are now rocking it with black on black and tinted glass!!!!
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by yungboss(m): 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
marshall4:

Yes. I've decided to go for the Honda jeje or do you think the C30 2003 kompressor would be the best bet?
Hello Marshall4,
Buy the Honda, it's a good car as well, that's where your heart is. No one is trying to convince you otherwise, it's just so disturbing how people who know little say so much, if you buy the Honda make sure you do basic maintenance because it's engine won't run on water, it won't function forever, it will require tranny oil change, proper motor oil change, tie rods replacement, recommended schedule maintenance etc
you cannot live well without the right diet so it is with cars, it will give you usual headaches atimes -don't be deceived by what you read here that it won't- this is normal (there is 'honda thread' in this section, https://www.nairaland.com/996664/maintenance-tips-honda-cars go through it and learn a bit from others). Cheers.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
cne010: I don't know where you guys get this outrageous price, the w203 in question has 12 plugs and yes they last 100k miles. With the Honda how many times would change your plugs in 100k miles?

The W211 smartchoice mentioned the brake system called SBC is around 120 to 150k my mechanic owns one and believe me his friend bought his w211 E320 has owned for 8 years and haven't changed his.

The shocks of the W203 in question rarely goes bad I put it to you that you would change the ones on the Honda twice which are more expensive than the one for the W203.

The W203 doesn't use Airmatic shocks so it's cheap the W211 E500 that has the Safol Airmatic shocks are the expensive ones and the OP is not going for a W211.

The W203 the OP wants you can buy both the engine and gear for less than 180k that's the price for the engine alone of the accord so what are we saying here?

W211 e350....and am sure of my prices unless my Merc is padding which I doubt...
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
yungboss:
Hello Marshall4,
Buy the Honda, it's a good car as well, that's where your heart is. No one is trying to convince you otherwise, it's just so disturbing how people who know little say so much, if you buy the Honda make sure you do basic maintenance because it's engine won't run on water, it won't function forever, it will require tranny oil change, proper motor oil change, tie rods replacement, recommended schedule maintenance etc
you cannot live well without the right diet so it is with cars, it will give you usual headaches atimes -don't be deceived by what you read here that it won't- this is normal (there is 'honda thread' in this section, https://www.nairaland.com/996664/maintenance-tips-honda-cars go through it and learn a bit from others). Cheers.

Thanks yungboss...I've already decided to get the Honda 2007 Exl V6.....who go thru the honda thread section go run from Honda ooo cos the complain no b small tin grin.
Anyway, thanks for ur sincere advise.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by sultaan(m): 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
I think the problem with many users here is that some drive cars that they feel they can afford and some drive cars they love to own, don't mix those 2 up. If I have enough money to buy those 3 my choice will be a lot different because I have done the first car thing and I am wiser about what I did wrong the first time let everyone have a chance for a lesson.

There are car users and there Luxury car users which will take care of his car better?

Those 2 types of users can be mixed up because they see cars differently one sees from point A to B other sees now to life itself which is unlimited.

It is not a wise choice to see a car you can resell in 3 yrs because by then everyone is trying to get rid of that junk too(ask those who bought Murano) but a car you will be glad you owned in for life; not because you can't afford another but the satisfaction of the drive.

People are now so feeble with their money unlike our parents who bought cars and use them for a decade we now buy by vogue, and it is somehow cheaper to buy a car and another engine/transmission in 2 years just because they said it was cheaper to own
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by klint16: 1:17am On Aug 03, 2014
[quote author=cne010]I don't know where you guys get this outrageous price, the w203 in question has 12 plugs and yes they last 100k miles. With the Honda how many times would change your plugs in 100k miles?

Yea this benz last more than dose honda. Like mine c class still has the factory plug spark. I dont even know hw it luk like cos i hv not visited thia since from europe n the orignal plug has abt 2 yrs warranty. Benz last much longer than japanse in everything even boby wise. Germany machine are far better than honda.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 03, 2014
@klint16

The plugs have a 5 year warranty or 100k miles which one comes first!
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by lungwun(m): 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
I was going to pass on replying but I will just say a few words.

I drive an E46 BMW and my mechanic hasn't built a house.

My wife drives a Honda Accord and part for part, hers are more expensive.

But, go ahead, drive your Honda, and have fun whilst doing so.

I can't believe someone is choosing and Accord over an E90 BMW.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by sultaan(m): 7:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
lungwun: I was going to pass on replying but I will just say a few words.

I drive an E46 BMW and my mechanic hasn't built a house.

My wife drives a Honda Accord and part for part, hers are more expensive.

But, go ahead, drive your Honda, and have fun whilst doing so.

I can't believe someone is choosing and Accord over an E90 BMW.

Miracles happen around here everyday my brother.

If some people no go become richer when others spend dollars to save kobo

I asked a question earlier, which will be better maintained Accord, BWM, or Benz by a previous owner.
Re: Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW by Nobody: 8:02am On May 09, 2015
So much enjoying the accord 2007 ExL v6 for 7 months now...got it with 60,000 miles and top condition...maintenances are really affordable...impressively quick on its feet...sharp engine and good brakes too....its cons are poor turning radius and few seconds delay when shifted to R or to D when stationery but besides all that...its a nice car...at 170km/hr I still felt in control...I was tempted to move up to 210km/hr and still felt stable leaving an Xle camry 2010 v6 at its mercy! Thanks nairalanders for the priceless contribution

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Total Quartz 9000 5W-40 Engine Oil Good To Service This Car? / Is This The Ugliest G-wagon G550 / My 3 Weeks Experience Driving A Toyota Camry Xle 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.