Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. (5752 Views)

PHOTO- To The Married, Whats Your Take On This / What Most Ladies (singles And Married) Are Afraid Of (picture) / What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by onegig(m): 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
Just one fear. I am scared of myself. Not really scared but kind of unsure if i have a firm handle on it. I.e My tolerance level. Once i get pissed off by someone or something i can virtually turn cold, unresponsive and very uncommitted to things.

And truth is one needs a large dose of tolerance for things to work out well.

1 Like

Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Keky(m): 11:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
claireshan: Fear of Three minutes husband
smh
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by STENON(f): 12:04am On Jul 28, 2014
Fear of Love..........
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Kimmo(f): 6:59am On Jul 28, 2014
Fear of losing my body after childbirth.
Fear of not being a good mother. . . Children these days have atrocious manners.
Fear of divorce
Fear that we'll become a staid couple who are bored with themselves and cheat on each other at every turn.
Worst of all: fear of having a homosexual child.
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by spicykev(f): 7:14am On Jul 28, 2014
for me
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by shizzleStar: 7:46am On Jul 28, 2014
Sophyrocks: I also have the fear of been stuck to the wrong person. Mehn, thats sickening. Gosh, its a life sentence. To death maybe! Thats why im trying soooo hard as not to allow that happen. I can't sentence myself to that kind of life. I am enjoying my singlehood and my marriage must not be the opposite. The rest of my years before i leave this earth must not be spent miserably. Never!! God will help us all. Marriage no be beans.

In marriage you cannot have someone who is completely wrong or right in the real context as there can be no perfection in humans.

I think we should all ask God for a spouse who isn't perfect but whose imperfections we can bear and cope with as thou the imperfections weren't there in the first place, bearing in mind that just as we are coping with someone's imperfections, someone is also coping with ours. The acceptance of this fact will go a long way.

Note: i am not saying that principles, standards and whatever you stand for should be compromised by all means.

2 Likes

Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by shizzleStar: 7:48am On Jul 28, 2014
KingAdeOluomo1: Omo alata indeed .
Big time olosho
gringrin I dey gbadun that girl die, fvckery is a major consideration to her in everything....grin
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by cococandy(f): 7:57am On Jul 28, 2014
damiso:

@bolded is not negotiable from 0-5 years esp embarassedWhen I want a nap their daddy takes them out.If you are not settling fight you have to explain "why' a million times. embarassed
embarassed embarassed

@post Loss of my spouse at a young age maybe.I try to be an optimist and deal with situations as they arise.

This one is a very real fear for me given the dangers of his line of work.
I just consciously avoid thinking about it.
What will be will be embarassed
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2014
shizzleStar:
In marriage you cannot have someone who is completely wrong or right in the real context as there can be no perfection in humans.

I think we should all ask God for a spouse who isn't perfect but whose imperfections we can bear and cope with as thou the imperfections weren't there in the first place, bearing in mind that just as we are coping with someone's imperfections, someone is also coping with ours. The acceptance of this fact will go a long way.

Note: i am not saying that principles, standards and whatever you stand for should be compromised by all means.

Nobody is perfect including me. I know very well that we have choose our battles wisely.

My point is, happiness is most important to me in marriage. There is no need getting married when i know fully well i won't be happy in it. hence, the wrong person is completely out of the books. Being stuck to the wrong person is worse than Death. In death, you can rest, no problems no worries. But in being stuck to the wrong person, your problems never end. Psychiatric hospital is very close to you. Abeg o.
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by shizzleStar: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Nobody is perfect including me. I know very well that we have choose our battles wisely.

My point is, happiness is most important to me in marriage. There is no need getting married when i know fully well i won't be happy in it. hence, the wrong person is completely out of the books. Being stuck to the wrong person is worse than Death. In death, you can rest, no problems no worries. But in being stuck to the wrong person, your problems never end. Psychiatric hospital is very close to you. Abeg o.
Only a dead brain would do that. Every point you made above, i concur with. You missed my point however.

I tried to highlight the point that imperfection doesn't mean a spouse is wrong, by imperfection i mean behaviour/attitude that can be overlooked or that one could cope with, things like flaws in dressing, poor social etiquette and other domestic behavioural lapses. Eg a socialite wife may marry a nerd who is averse to parties/live shows, the man may be the best father and husband but she could refer to him as a wrong man (jokingly or not) cos they are worlds apart far as their social lives are concerned.

Note by coping with imperfection, i do not in any way mean staying back in abusive/violent, unhappy marriages, NO! Hope you get my point now? smiley

1 Like

Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 28, 2014
shizzleStar:
Only a dead brain would do that. Every point you made above, i concur with. You missed my point however.

I tried to highlight the point that imperfection doesn't mean a spouse is wrong, by imperfection i mean behaviour/attitude that can be overlooked or that one could cope with, things like flaws in dressing, poor social etiquette and other domestic behavioural lapses.

Note by coping with imperfection, i do not in any way mean staying back in abusive/violent, unhappy marriages, NO!

I understand you perfectly. Im only trying to explain my comment. You are right. Having common moral values is also important. Lifestyle of a partner also needs to be considered.

As for the bolded, many ladies are already doing it and some are on the verge of doing it. Thanks to desperation and society. Pressure and desperaton can make people have dead brains i guess.
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by shizzleStar: 11:13am On Jul 28, 2014
Sophyrocks:

I understand you perfectly. Im only trying to explain my comment. You are right. Having common moral values is also important. Lifestyle of a partner also needs to be considered.

As for the bolded, many ladies are already doing it and some are on the verge of doing it. Thanks to desperation and society. Pressure and desperaton can make people have dead brains i guess.
You are right! in fact not only desperation and society, because that would sound like decision made as a result of external pressure(and to a large extent that's what it is) but another big reason is GREED.

Many young girls are so money conscious that when they see a seemingly 'loaded' guy they just jump into marriage without knowing jack about him, source of wealth etc, as long as he is loaded, that covers every other thing, even if he is twice their age or even if they will be 3rd wives, love doesn't count at all, to them money answereth all things ...lol.

So you can add as well that greed makes people have dead brain grin
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 28, 2014
shizzleStar:
You are right! in fact not only desperation and society, because that would sound like decision made as a result of external pressure(and to a large extent that's what it is) but another big reason is GREED.

Many young girls are so money conscious that when they see a seemingly 'loaded' guy they just jump into marriage without knowing jack about him, source of wealth etc, as long as he is loaded, that covers every other thing, even if he is twice their age or even if they will be 3rd wives, love doesn't count at all, to them money answereth all things ...lol.

So you can add as well that greed makes people have dead brain grin

So True. grin grin grin grin
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by acidtalk: 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
299: Fear of financial struggle

For real this is mine too. That's why I keep my head up and remain focused. I haven't gone on any holiday in almost two years. Whenever I am about embarking on one I just cancel it at that last minute and channel the resources for things to benefit them.

1 Like

Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by parismarc: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
cococandy: Fear of a ruined body from child bearing embarassed
Some women never go back to how they were before pregnancy.
I PRAY I won't be one of them.

And stubborn kids who won't let me have a nap in peace.

LoL @ stubborn kids who won't let you have a nap. I'm in that exact situation now, my 2 girls have refused to let me be, I sent their nurse to the market and they've given me hell. Most children are like that but well worth the troublem

@ OP, I fear infidelity and death.

1 Like

Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
@OP
fear is a big word...but i would say one of the reasons i dont believe in marriage is simply because a piece a paper cant change how i feel about someone (or act towards them), especially not in this day and age where you can get all the perks of marriage without having to actually marry anyone.
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by corisande: 11:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
death of a partner
fear of no more affection/love
losing my figure as a result of childbirth
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by uglyogre(f): 3:35am On Jul 29, 2014
i have no fears whatsoever. This is because marriage is not a do or die for me.If it doesnt work out, i'm not afraid to sign the papers
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by acidtalk: 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
So many fears. Unfortunately, most people (females) overlook the warning signs because they are too engrossed in preparing for the wedding day.
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
onegig: Just one fear. I am scared of myself. Not really scared but kind of unsure if i have a firm handle on it. I.e My tolerance level. Once i get pissed off by someone or something i can virtually turn cold, unresponsive and very uncommitted to things.

And truth is one needs a large dose of tolerance for things to work out well.

With this level of self-reflection you should do very well wink
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
I am afraid it won't work out and the children will have to live without both parents under one roof undecided
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by bukatyne(f): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
acidtalk:

Common. What happened to our parent's generation where they believed and practiced the "for for better for worse" and stuck to their partners irrespective of their shortcomings. Not forgetting they were less spiritually going folks like we have today.

Isn't it obvious that we have more hipocrites today than ever.

More like wives sticking to their husbands irrespective of their shortcomings.

2 Likes

Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by jumzzy448: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
none. rather one should be ready to face any problem that rises in the marriage.
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
jumzzy448: none. rather one should be ready to face any problem that rises in the marriage.

How would you face being beaten up?

2 Likes

Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by jumzzy448: 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

How would you face being beaten up?

can't say for now cos have not found myself in such situation. so till then.
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by egopersonified(f): 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
Fear of loving my spouse too much and be blinded to his shortcomings
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2014
egopersonified: Fear of loving my spouse too much and be blinded to his shortcomings

Interesting.

You seem to be a passionate and devoted woman. wink
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by sunvick(m): 10:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
OP mine is fear of marrying the wrong person.
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by onegig(m): 10:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

With this level of self-reflection you should do very well wink
Thanks. But seriously its even getting harder. Sometimes you have all these lovely thoughts about the future cooked up in your head but when reality sets in you just discard everything you have learnt and worked for.

I would just continue to work on it and try and work on my other weaknesses and just be open to anything that happens. God knows best.
Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
onegig: Thanks. But seriously its even getting harder. Sometimes you have all these lovely thoughts about the future cooked up in your head but when reality sets in you just discard everything you have learnt.
I would just continue to work on it and try and work on my other weaknesses.

I have even bigger hopes for you now. cheesy cheesy cheesy

There is a gap between theory and reality, it's good you know it. wink

1 Like

Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by onegig(m): 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have even bigger hopes for you now. cheesy cheesy cheesy

There is a gap between theory and reality, it's good you know it. wink

Hmmm.. Ok o. If you say so.

True! There's a gulf of difference between theory and practical. Hope is the only thing can just make one sane. Else you would just worry yourself to death.

1 Like

Re: Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
onegig: Hmmm.. Ok o. If you say so.

True! There's a gulf of difference between theory and practical. Hope is the only thing can just make one sane. Else you would just worry yourself to death.

I think you should try to accept that nobody is perfect and that people make mistakes, just like you do. It will make it easier for you to put up with your partner's shortcomings wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Just Before I Leave: A Nairalander's Pre-suicide Thoughts / Married With No Friends : Lets Talk / Polygamy Essay: Men Having More Than One Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.