Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

If You Hate A Certain Country, Why Move There? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Hate A Certain Country, Why Move There? (634 Views)

Things That Could Make You Hate Lagos / What Do You Hate Most About Your Village / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Hate A Certain Country, Why Move There? by zboyd: 5:09am On Jul 28, 2014
Why live in a county you hate?

Why live in a country where you're surrounded by people you hate?

Why not move to your ideal country or return home?

What's holding you back?
Re: If You Hate A Certain Country, Why Move There? by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 5:10am On Jul 28, 2014
zboyd: Why live in a county you hate?

Why live in a country where you're surrounded by people you hate?

Why not move to your ideal country?

What's holding you back?
Re: If You Hate A Certain Country, Why Move There? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 28, 2014
@OP
many people living in Nigeria hate the place like a bad rash.
many people live in the US or Europe but only stays there because of the economic/reliability situation.
life is not straight forward, you cannot get ALL what you desire in ONE country so, many people choose one thing over the other.
some people live in some country TEMPORARILY in order to achieve their goals/dreams.
Re: If You Hate A Certain Country, Why Move There? by pansophist(m): 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
1. false expectation thinking that the grass is green on the other side. e.g cost of living, no job after much applications, cultural shock, home sickness etc

2. Lack of integration due to hostility of the people in the host country, weather, language, food etc

3. Family reasons tieing you, maybe having kids in schools and partner who work, its not advisable to just uproot them from their comfort zone to another place it will be difficult for them to integrate, especially when you have to job or financial income possibilities waiting for you.

4. Working on a contract, and you need to fulfil your contract term before leaving, or if you are a student.

It is always like this, people will always have one thing to complain about wherever they are, no where is perfect. I have lived in Nigeria, and I complained about it, I lived in scandinavia and I also complained about it there (especially the weather and lack of social life), I live in France now and love it here, I lived in Slovakia and loved it there, I lived in Austria and I dislike it there, even Netherlands was my worst nightmares. Now I am in Nigeria and I felt at home here. I couldnt leave Scandinavia when I was there because I was studying there, but I vanished after I finished my studies.

Different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Traveling To Qatar / Cost And Requirements For And International Passport In Nigeria / U.k Visa Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.