Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception (5054 Views)

Ebola Virus: Islam Perspective / Islam; A Cure For Ebola Virus. / Muslims Protecting A Catholic Church In Egypt During Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by BetaThings: 5:45am On Jul 28, 2014
A case of Ebola Virus was reported in Lagos last week. The casualty was a Liberian diplomat who slumped upon arrival at the MM Airport. He, by virtue of his high status, was taken to First Consultants - a very sophisticated private hospital. Were the victim an ordinary person, he could have been taken to a small hospital where the risk of multiple contacts and burial without proper autopsy would have been higher

The Liberian is dead and inspite of his country's request for his corpse, it has been cremated by Lagos State Government because the virus thrives in corpses. The victim himself appeared to have got infected while taking part in the burial 9in Liberia) of a relation who died of the virus

Muslims should not be taken in by people asking them to indulge in risky behaviour because miracles can be performed
Ebola Virus can be transmitted by physical contact - embrace, handshaking etc - and is also airborne so we should be careful

The quote below was taken from post by a Christian on Ebola Virus. I consider it irresponsible.
I don't deny the existence of miracles but to just assume anyone is capable of it is criminal
I say this because the Ebola Virus is not one you toy with. The morbidity is always higher than 50%, infact it is closer to 80% or more in some instances.
Ebola Virus is much more dangerous than HIV - infact every Ebola virus victim would happily exchange it for HIV

Modupe FagbemiModupe Fagbemi wrote:
several years ago, Ebola virus erupted in Africa, killing thousands without restrain or cure. The medical world was perplexed. A great man of God by the name John G Lake came to the rescue. Laying hands on infected people who were not to be touched. The slightest contact with any secretion from an infected person is all it takes for transmission. But with bare hands, cleaning secretion and curing every victim,

John G Lake along with his Holy Ghost filled team, brought to an abrupt end the spread of the deadly virus. When asked by the medical world how he did it. He had this to say: I have the life of God in me, every virus that comes in contact with me dies. He asked them to get an innoculum from an infected person, observe same under a microscope to ascertain viral activities in it. They did and confirmed living and multiplying virus. He then asked them to put the innoculum on his palm and observe under the microscope.

This time there were no more activities. ALL WERE DEAD upon contact with him. What a life!

Every child of God has this life! He that has the Son has this life! That higher life that put out Ebola in the days of John G Lake will do the same through you in your day! At the Name of Jesus, Ebola will bow out! Stop the fear! Let this message of hope and faith go viral and the Ebola viral spread will stop! Don't disdain the ever living words of Jesus: And these signs shall follow them that believe, in my Name, they shall cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing (Ebola virus included) it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hand on the sick (those already infected) and they shall recover - Mark 16:15-18.John G Lake and team are long gone! But I am here, you are here! We can save our world!We have the life of God in us!Spread the faith!Stop the fear!Spread the life!Stop the death!Yes you can!

The above appears very promising but I know that a lot of Christian organisations have homes where they cater for the blind, lame, deaf etc
When they are done demonstrating all of these "life" in those places, we can now allow them to continue their risky behaviour
What is my own? We live in the same country and Christians (who do not have the "life" ) but are encouraged to indulge in risky behaviour can transmit the virus to Muslims

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by vedaxcool(m): 6:00am On Jul 28, 2014
How would any sane individual play with such virus? I have heard stories of missionaries visiting villages with little access to good health care, only for them to use the "discovery" of ailments that one have never heard of, as tools for manipulating the unsuspecting villages. In the event any Nigerian church claims that it can cure Ebola, it should be closed down, property ceased and its GO should be arrested. Enough of the use of religion to fleece the general public!
Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 28, 2014
And the point of this nonsensical thread is..?
Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by didibee: 12:19am On Jul 29, 2014
This post is offensive to Christianity. The person who started this thread needs cowashing. Ishmeal was a big mistake.
Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by BetaThings: 12:51am On Jul 29, 2014
didibee: This post is offensive to Christianity.
So the person (Modupe Fagbemi) actually speaks for all Christians?
So Christians are going to ignore the health advice on this potential crisis and try and defeat the virus with "the life"?
Would you care to go live with your own gift of "the life" for 5 months in that community in Liberia where that gentleman who died in Lagos came frem?

didibee: The person who started this thread needs cowashing.
I suggest that you administer that punishment upon your return from Liberia

[quote author=didibee]Ishmeal was a big mistake.
Who is Ishmeal?
And who made the mistake?
Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by sino(m): 9:41am On Jul 29, 2014
vedaxcool: How would any sane individual play with such virus? I have heard stories of missionaries visiting villages with little access to good health care, only for them to use the "discovery" of ailments that one have never heard of, as tools for manipulating the unsuspecting villages. In the event any Nigerian church claims that it can cure Ebola, it should be closed down, property ceased and its GO should be arrested. Enough of the use of religion to fleece the general public!

Nah bro, the government needs to work with such a church or MOG (it is cheaper than to invest billions in research looking for a cure), albeit put them under quarantine, and ship all Ebola virus victims to them...After a month, the government should then do the needful!

People need to liberate themselves from religious 419!
Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by vedaxcool(m): 10:17am On Jul 29, 2014
sino:

Nah bro, the government needs to work with such a church or MOG (it is cheaper than to invest billions in research looking for a cure), albeit put them under quarantine, and ship all Ebola virus victims to them...After a month, the government should then do the needful!

Lol grin grin I second, it would really be a money saver!

I don't understand how somebody would turn religion to some sort of hustle, Nigerian can be very bold!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by BetaThings: 11:24am On Jul 29, 2014
Phoenix619: And the point of this nonsensical thread is..?

To warn Muslims against false promises
And to join "well-meaning Nigerians" to prevail on pastors and other religious leaders not to repeat the errors they made with HIV
http://www.punchng.com/news/outrage-as-lagos-pastor-boasts-of-ebola-cure/

The Founder of Trinity House, Pastor Ituah Ighodalo, has claimed that he has found a solution to the deadly Ebola disease, which has killed no fewer than 670 people and infected more than 1,000 in Africa.
Buttressing his claim that Ebola could be cured by the simple laying of hands on the infected individuals, Ighodalo quoted from portions of the Holy Bible.

According to him, if he and any member of his deliverance team laid their hands on those infected with the virus, they would not contract the disease.

“And if they drink any deadly thing (Ebola virus included) it shall not hurt them, they shall lay hand on the sick (those already infected) and they shall recover,” he said, paraphrasing a verse in the Bible

Note that the pastor is a chartered accountant
You can imagine what is being preached in small churches with illiterate congregations

You remember the gentleman who tried to take on a lion at UI Zoo? He was following the example of Prophet Daniel
And the other one who tried to heal a madman only for the pastor to discard his own clothes, following the example set by the madman

http://www.channelstv.com/2012/06/29/pastor-runs-mad-attempting-to-deliver-a-mad-man-in-ibadan/
“At a point, there was a hot argument between the duo, which made the pastor to raise his voice as he was offering a deliverance prayer for Tunde – the mad man. The hot prayer lasted for over 15 minutes before another strange drama began,” Semiu said.

Another witness, a commercial motorcyclist (popularly called Okada rider in Nigeria) said at a point, the mad man removed the pastor’s hand from his head, and “suddenly, a strange spirit got hold of the pastor and he began to remove his cloth. He was naked and laid flat on the ground, speaking a strange language, with foam oozing out of his mouth.”

The mad man, it was gathered, initially left him in this position and sat at some distance away from the pastor, before the duo later sat closer to each other, while onlookers watched the strange drama.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by LagosShia: 11:25am On Jul 29, 2014
sino:

imagine a pastor wearing thick protective rubber clothing to perform a miracle on an ebola victim!!! grin

they really can't toy with this virus to use it to make scam money except if they want real ebola victims to troop to their churches and share the gift with them. or they may simply have to keep the real victims away and use actors to make a charade in the name of miracle.
Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by sino(m): 11:41am On Jul 29, 2014
LagosShia:

imagine a pastor wearing thick protective rubber clothing to perform a miracle on an ebola victim!!! grin

they really can't toy with this virus to use it to make scam money except if they want real ebola victims to troop to their churches and share the gift with them. or they may simply have to keep the real victims away and use actors to make a charade in the name of miracle.

grin The anointing is in the rubber clothing grin grin

They would need an advanced theatrics to pull such a stunt with actors o, nollywood no go fit help, i suggest hollywood grin
Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by BetaThings: 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
The pastor now says he did not say so

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ighodalo-denies-ebola-story/
By Olayinka Ajayi

Pastor Ituah Ighodalo has denied a media report, crediting him as saying Ebola victims should not seek medical attention. A statement by him, yesterday, said: “It has come to our attention a story published by the Punch newspaper written by one Temitayo Famutimi in response to a post on our official Facebook page.

The original story was a message of hope and faith reminding us of the ever living words of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and reaffirming our belief that ‘with God all things are possible’ , using the John Lake testimony and written to encourage us never to cease praying no matter what we or the world may be going through .

Nowhere in the said story did Pastor Ighodalo make claims that he had found a solution or that “only God’s anointing and the living words of Jesus” were all that were needed for the Ebola disease or that people should not seek medical help and attention. In no way did the story suggest for people to act irresponsibly with regards to any medical emergency including the Ebola virus. The headline of the story and its contents were clearly written with sensationalism in mind. In the spirit of good journalism the reporter should have made attempts to contact the church to verify his story. This negates the practice of professional journalism, which we would have expected from a leading newspaper such as Punch. We sympathise with those who have lost loved ones to the disease and indeed most other diseases ravaging our world including AIDs, Cancer and Malaria and our prayer is that as the medical world continues to look for a solution to the disease and that our God will provide succour and encouragement to all the innocent people going through this trauma and do that, which only He can do”
Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by Unbias: 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath. James 1:19
Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by Kalaada: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
Well atleast these Christians leaders are trying to save lives, with their "quack doctrine" and if they are 419 they will get rich and spend it to help their possies and relatives, this is very different in comparison to their Muslim colleagues whose "quack doctrine" is to blow up themselves and kill innocent civilians with the hope of inheriting 72 big eyed virgins in paradise,
Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by vedaxcool(m): 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
BetaThings: The pastor now says he did not say so

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/ighodalo-denies-ebola-story/

Poor man.
Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by Empiree: 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
Kalaada: Well atleast these Christians leaders are trying to save lives, with their "quack doctrine" and if they are 419 they will get rich and spend it to help their possies and relatives, this is very different in comparison to their Muslim colleagues whose "quack doctrine" is to blow up themselves and kill innocent civilians with the hope of inheriting 72 big eyed virgins in paradise,

Oponu

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by BetaThings: 2:25am On Aug 07, 2014
Kalaada: Well atleast these Christians leaders are trying to save lives, with their "quack doctrine" and if they are 419 they will get rich and spend it to help their possies and relatives, this is very different in comparison to their Muslim colleagues whose "quack doctrine" is to blow up themselves and kill innocent civilians with the hope of inheriting 72 big eyed virgins in paradise,
Tell me the number of Christians who support these leaders making these statement
Tell me the number of muslims supporting terrorists

I had never listened to Shekau until he became BH leader
Muslims disagree on issues as we can see on NL
They quote different Scholars to back up their positions
But somehow they miraculously ALL become students of Shekau as soon as BH is mentioned?
Please try and be fair to us

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Virus - Faith-based Mass Deception by BetaThings: 2:29am On Aug 07, 2014
Unbias: Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath. James 1:19
True
But do you think this rebuttal would have come if he had made some outlandish remarks about Islam
The CAN president has made very many untrue statements about Islam
But our Christian brothers were quick to hear, quicker to believe and unyielding when the truth was disclosed to them

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On The Last Day Of The Year ? / What Men Wear / Extreme, Moderate And Negligent Muslim.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.