Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Does God Speak To You? How? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Speak To You? How? (26317 Views)

How To Hear God Speak / Did God Speak To Me? Question For All. / Does God Speak To Humans? And How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:41am On Jul 30, 2014
Olusanya333: Because the sheep knows the voice of the Sheperd.

Are you saying according to scriptures anyone that claims to hear from God is God's child?

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:46am On Jul 30, 2014
twosquare: GOD spake to me one afternoon i was washing dishes....like a voice speaking to my inner man&ears....it was so distinct and i was like,what just happened...just like any other voice,wants me to carry out an assignment.....i wanted to doubt but i couldn't,coz it was like a burning fire.
Evening came....praying alone and He spake via my mouth,the atmosphere was electrifying.....GOD speaking to folks is not a strange thing....

I have even had a more distinct encounter, but now I know better than to claim it is from God.

BTW, demons also speak through the mouth of people and it is always electrifying. cheesy

shdemidemi: May we know what He told you?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:52am On Jul 30, 2014
shdemidemi: God has a course, His calling is to achieve His course. Christians have personal agendas to improve self coupled with God's course. The Christian walk demand that we abandon personal agendas for God's course, easier said than done, right? Most Christians, almost all Christians have invented a way of dealing with the problem. We tend to make Gods course a wrapping to disguise our personal agenda, consciously or otherwise.

As Christians, we have a biological life that reacts to medicine and any soothing the world can offer is connected to this. We also have a soul life connected to God, this life reacts only to God's word.

False teachers make a living by telling us how God is so concerned in fixing our biological life.

My concussion, anyone who comes out to teach or represent God or says He was sent by God or told by God to give messages that is fixed on issues that affect the biological part of life is false.

It's simple! Anything that doesnot line up with God's word should be discarded cos that's the primary way he leads us and also that is the ONLY yardstick available. If we do not stick/limit ourselves to God's word then we expose ourselves to believe a lie cos nothing to verify such claims.

All the post have read about how God speaks, no has has been able to justify their claims with scriptures.

Too bad!

2 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by shdemidemi(m): 8:28am On Jul 30, 2014
Tgirl4real:

It's simple! Anything that doesnot line up with God's word should be discarded cos that's the primary way he leads us and also that is the ONLY yardstick available. If we do not stick/limit ourselves to God's word then we expose ourselves to believe a lie cos nothing to verify such claims.

All the post have read about how God speaks, no has has been able to justify their claims with scriptures.

Too bad!

Call 10 qualified doctors to diagnose a patient... They will say almost the same things. Call 10 qualified car engineers to check your car, they will say similar things. call 10 Christians who say 'God says' to talk on what God is saying, the ten of them will probably say ten different things. How do we then verify these claims and avoid been misled other than put our trust in the divine Word of prophecy that encapsulate the mind of God to every individual.

Some pastors give the spurious claims they hear lucidly and audibly from God just to make the people see and address them with awe. I heard an unverified story pastor Adeboye told his congregation. He said he was about to have breakfast so he prayed like he normally does before he starts to eat. He invited God to join him in eating his bread and tea just in the normal spirit of prayer. But to his surprise he opened his eyes and his tea had been miraculously halved. He said, he decided to go back in prayer to ask what had happened to his tea, and God responded saying 'did you not just invite me to join you'?

The entire church screamed 'praise The Lord, halleluya' in high spirit.

4 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by torchwave: 8:41am On Jul 30, 2014
Tgirl4real, are you also of the opinion that God never talks individually to people?
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by twosquare(m): 8:44am On Jul 30, 2014
Tgirl4real:

I have even had a more distinct encounter, but now I know better than to claim it is from God.

BTW, demons also speak through the mouth of people and it is always electrifying. cheesy

grin grin grin
GOD spake to me in that afternoon, they came in the night to confirm it....the conviction is like when i gave my life to Christ....About what God told me?i can't reveal it here now,but when the time is right....coz it a top secret of the Kingdom pertaining to these times we live in.....after it's done,i'll create a thread here to inform NL's of religious section....
In the evening,Angels came,saying...."the zeal of the Lord of host shall finish this....we are here,we're many that have come to you."
The atmosphere changed,and i know it is a group of company of angels.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by shdemidemi(m): 8:44am On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Olusanya333(m): 8:51am On Jul 30, 2014
Tgirl4real:

Are you saying according to scriptures anyone that claims to hear from God is God's child?
I'm telling u beloved that there is a gift called gift of discernment. "The world knows him not you know him for He dwells in you" I know when God is speaking.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by torchwave: 8:53am On Jul 30, 2014
shdemidemi:

Call 10 qualified doctors to diagnose a patient... They will say almost the same things. Call 10 qualified car engineers to check your car, they will say similar things. call 10 Christians who say 'God says' to talk on what God is saying, the ten of them will probably say ten different things. How do we then verify these claims and avoid been misled other than put our trust in the divine Word of prophecy that encapsulate the mind of God to every individual.

Some pastors give the spurious claims they hear lucidly and audibly from God just to make the people see and address them with awe. I heard an unverified story pastor Adeboye told his congregation. He said he was about to have breakfast so he prayed like he normally does before he starts to eat. He invited God to join him in eating his bread and tea just in the normal spirit of prayer. But to his surprise he opened his eyes and his tea was miraculously halved. He said, he decided to go back in prayer to ask what had happened to his tea, and God responded saying 'did you not just invite me to join you'?

The entire church screamed 'praise The Lord, halleluya' in high spirit.
God is God. He has never stopped talking. Just because you don't hear Him does not condemn Him to silence. If you've been to a church where the Pastor truly hears from God, you'll know without a doubt that God truly talks to people. It is obvious you don't have any idea or experience where God talked to you through prophecy. The Bible is God talking generally to everybody. The gift of prophecy is one way of God talking to people specifically.

The most baffling question is not whether God speaks but why you haven't heard Him speak personally to you, concerning your life and future.

In fact, I'm really concerned about your spiritual growth.

4 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by shdemidemi(m): 9:38am On Jul 30, 2014
torchwave: God is God. He has never stopped talking. i]

I think this is the reason for the OP ... Kindly answer the questions of the OP.

torchwave:
Just because you don't hear Him does not condemn Him to silence.
I hear Him everyday cos we are in a relationship... The difference between you and I is the source and medium at which we hear.

I know Him and hear Him by His Word that becomes fresh and new every morning.
torchwave:
If you've been to a church where the Pastor truly hears from God, you'll know without a doubt that God truly talks to people. ]

And how will I know without a doubt that the voice he is hearing is from heaven?

torchwave:
It is obvious you don't have any idea or experience where God talked to you through prophecy. The Bible is God talking generally to everybody. The gift of prophecy is one way of God talking to people specifically.

Anyone can have the gift of seeing and foretelling things, that is not to say they are from God or they are qualified to pastor a church. Whichever source their gift comes from, it remains secondary, fallible thus one can't depend on such. The Word of God remains the primary source and anchor of our faith, it is inerrant.

torchwave:
The most baffling question is not whether God speaks but why you haven't heard Him speak personally to you, concerning your life and future.

In fact, I'm really concerned about your spiritual growth.

The bible never promised me God will speak with me personally asides the word.. Rather, it teaches me to follow what had been taught by the pioneer of the gospel of Christianity. Adding my personal revelation aside scriptures will be tantamount to adulteration of the Word.

Timothy, Titus, Philemon and other workers of the gospel did just fine spiritually without personal revelations.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by shdemidemi(m): 10:32am On Jul 30, 2014
We fail to understand that the devil is at work in the world today, he has planted agents to distract people away from what the scripture is saying. Pastors now come out with different products like prosperity, deliverance n all, with claims they got fresh revelation from God to start their own thing- the bad thing is, once we believe he heard from God, we automatically accept all he says without room for questions.

God has not called anyone to do their own separate things, we must stand firm on the Word as Christians.

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Weah96: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
twosquare: GOD spake to me in that afternoon, they came in the night to confirm it....the conviction is like when i gave my life to Christ....About what God told me?i can't reveal it here now,but when the time is right....coz it a top secret of the Kingdom pertaining to these times we live in.....after it's done,i'll create a thread here to inform NL's of religious section....

Why must you wait for the event to occur before you reveal the details of your encounter? This God business is starting to look like a James Bond movie with secrets and espionage.

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by DrummaBoy(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
pappyrose: Well.....for me I believe reading the bible alone does not guarantee hearing from God because you can read out of context and use it to sooth yourself. A portion of the scriptures says the letter kills, its the Spirit of God that gives live. So many people have read the bible and gotten themselves more confused.
The Holy Spirit is the believer's link to God, 1 John 2: 26-27 " I've written to warn you about those who are trying to deceive you. But they're no match for what is embedded deeply within you—Christ's anointing, no less! You don't need any of their so-called teaching. Christ's anointing teaches you the truth on everything you need to know about yourself and him, uncontaminated by a single lie. Live deeply in what you were taught."

This anointing is referring to the presence of the Holy Spirit. Jesus told the disciples that the Holy Spirit will teach them all things.

We may read the bible and still not be able to hear God if we don't ve a personal communion with the Holy Spirit who explains the scriptures to us.
There is no magic or shortcut to hearing from God except we pray for the infilling of the Holy Spirit and also pray that our ears be opened to the voice of God. We must also spend time in fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
Each time God speaks to me or lays a burden in my heart, He always confirm it with His word and gives me peace. When this happens, then I'm convinced that God has spoken to me.
Sometimes when I'm confused about something I feel I ve heard God about, I take a lot of time to seek God in prayers for Him to give me another confirmation.

The above quote, I am sorry to say, is false doctrine.

When we subordinate the truth of the bible to hearing spirits, even if we claim we are listening for the Holy Spirit, we open ourselves to demons. And this is the root of all false doctrine in the church. People hearing spirits and coming to teach such in the church.

Please read 1John 4:1-3

John in his epistle warned us that many spirits have gone into the world and they have all come to teach false doctrine. There is only one yardstick to know whether the spirit speaking is of God and that is by comparing it to scriptures. Therefore, the fact that people have a penchant to read their own prejudices into scriptural text does not mean we should no longer trust the text and now go to the Holy Spirit to tell us what he has already told us in scriptures. The problem is solved by those people resolving the issues of their own heart and go to the biblical text and allow it to speak for itself.

When Jesus promised the Spirit, he didn't do so to replace the scripture. Rather he gave us the Spirit to understand scriptures. So the Word or scriptures first, then the spirit. Putting the cart before the horse is what has led to all these Pentecostal confusion in the land, with their prophets and their prophetesses.

I maintain that God is speaking through the bible primarily today. A biblically taught mind set will receive the blessing of the Spirit. Thus decision made from this thinking will always be God led. In very rare occasions God may speak to such an individual but even that must be subordinated to the word of God.

Jesus said: sanctify them by thy truth; your word is truth. We worship the Father by the Spirit and in truth. Whatever is spiritual and does not have sound truth as background is of demons.

I thought I should lay this caution seeing that some might be applauding the quoted post already.

3 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by twosquare(m): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
Weah96:

Why must you wait for the event to occur before you reveal the details of your encounter? This God business is starting to look like a James Bond movie with secrets and espionage.
you should ask Daniel or John that question....i even said at the right time.read between the lines...i am a prophet...until that which am sent is done....i won't reveal what is in the seal i was given to you until the right time.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by flourishG(m): 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
all these liar saying God spoke thise n dat me.God doesn't speak anymore outside of the word.God spoek this and that n many different things contradicting one oanother.is it d same God speaking confusion? e.g: https://www.nairaland.com/1834933/god-directs-me-impregnate-married
that's a pastor telling god speoke to him.how y'all gonna know n counter dat pastor if not by da sure living word.then u who counter da pastor also say god spoke to you, one is false n other tru.e meaning God dont speak to both y'all,one was l;ying.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
torchwave: Tgirl4real, are you also of the opinion that God never talks individually to people?

He talks through the instrumentality of His word. Follow what scriptures say and you will be just fine.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
flourishG: all these liar saying God spoke thise n dat me.God doesn't speak anymore outside of the word.God spoek this and that n many different things contradicting one oanother.is it d same God speaking confusion? e.g: https://www.nairaland.com/1834933/god-directs-me-impregnate-married
that's a pastor telling god speoke to him.how y'all gonna know n counter dat pastor if not by da sure living word.then u who counter da pastor also say god spoke to you, one is false n other tru.e meaning God dont speak to both y'all,one was l;ying.

Plenty plenty confusion I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
twosquare: you should ask Daniel or John that question....i even said at the right time.read between the lines...i am a prophet...until that which am sent is done....i won't reveal what is in the seal i was given to you until the right time.

Na wa o...So, u are now on the same level with Daniel n John.

What proves you got that made you a prophet? You are just saying things no one can verify.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
shdemidemi:

I think this is the reason for the OP ... Kindly answer the questions of the OP.

I hear Him everyday cos we are in a relationship... The difference between you and I is the source and medium at which we hear.

I know Him and hear Him by His Word that becomes fresh and new every morning.

And how will I know without a doubt that the voice he is hearing is from heaven?

Anyone can have the gift of seeing and foretelling things, that is not to say they are from God or they are qualified to pastor a church. Whichever source their gift comes from, it remains secondary, fallible thus one can't depend on such. The Word of God remains the primary source and anchor of our faith, it is inerrant.

The bible never promised me God will speak with me personally asides the word.. Rather, it teaches me to follow what had been taught by the pioneer of the gospel of Christianity. Adding my personal revelation aside scriptures will be tantamount to adulteration of the Word.

Timothy, Titus, Philemon and other workers of the gospel did just fine spiritually without personal revelations.

You couldn't have said it any better.

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by twosquare(m): 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tgirl4real:

Na wa o...So, u are now on the same level with Daniel n John.

What proves you got that made you a prophet? You are just saying things no one can verify.
have i said we are in the same level? And i don't have to prove myself to you or anyone...He who calls me spake to me and annointed me.thanks.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Weah96: 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
twosquare: have i said we are in the same level? And i don't have to prove myself to you or anyone...He who calls me spake to me and annointed me.thanks.

Any particular reason for the Chaucerian diction? Your claim about being a prophet doesn't receive more consideration because of your use of medieval English. King James is dead, the current queen speaks modern English.

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by bigbumper(f): 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Na wa oh, it is indeed true that "ile ladiye o ti niyi" angry angry angry

I said yes to the topic, yet see as Tboy4real snubbed me and answered everyone else angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper: Na wa oh, it is indeed true that "ile ladiye o ti niyi" angry angry angry

I said yes to the topic, yet see as Tboy4real snubbed me and answered everyone else angry angry angry angry cry cry cry cry cry

Lol

Iya big bumper
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Mintayo(m): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
Truely God speaks through His Word. But i don't get,is the Op saying God doesn't speak to His children through other means?

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Limit yourself to what the Word says and you will be just fine. smiley

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Kay17: 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
I'd assume that when people of limited intellect read the Bible, they listen to the voice of the devil, because their limited understanding becomes a barrier in understanding the word of God.

3 Likes

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by shdemidemi(m): 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Kay17: I'd assume that when people of limited intellect read the Bible, they listen to the voice of the devil, because their limited understanding becomes a barrier in understanding the word of God.

Acts 8:31

31 And he said, How can I understand, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Anybody who nowadays claims to have heard from "God", should be declared clinically insane on the spot. No further examination necessary.

For instance, when you hear a "man of God" openly tell us that "God" told him to impregnate his congregation, we should all assume that he was holding a very holy and convincing conversation with his penis_ the night before.
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Kay17: 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

Acts 8:31

31 And he said, How can I understand, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

That's not an instructive passage rather a narrative. Just like picking "and King Jehu worshipped idols" it does not mean Christians should worship rather explaining Jehu's story. It is different from an instructive bible verse such as "thou shall not kill".
Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by Mintayo(m): 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: Anybody who nowadays claims to have heard from "God", should be declared clinically insane on the spot. No further examination necessary.

For instance, when you hear a "man of God" openly tell us that "God" told him to impregnate his congregation, we should all assume that he was holding a very holy and convincing conversation with his penis_ the night before.
The fact that some men are using "God said or spoke to me" to defraud people or for their own gain(detriment actually) does not mean God cannot or does not speak to His own. God has been speakin(vis His Word and His Spirit) and He is still speaking today!
The fact that some people cannot or do not hear God spoke to them does not negate that fact!

1 Like

Re: Does God Speak To You? How? by shdemidemi(m): 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mintayo:
The fact that some men are using "God said or spoke to me" to defraud people or for their own gain(detriment actually) does not mean God cannot or does not speak to His own. God has been speakin(vis His Word and His Spirit) and He is still speaking today!
The fact that some people cannot or do not hear God spoke to them does not negate that fact!
Have you heard from him today? If not when was the last time you heard?

In what voice did you hear, boy, girl, baby or in a man's voice?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Impregnating Your Wife Is A Sin, Ask God For Forgiveness — Preacher Says / Apostle Suleman "Heals" Lady Who Got Blind During NYSC In Kwara (Pics, Video) / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.