Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (26347 Views)

Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by PlugBlogng: 8:13am On Feb 10, 2019
Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It?

https://plugblog.com.ng/do-people-who-speak-in-tongues-fake-it-or-understand-it/

I have always been spiritual than religious, i believe God is an entity who cannot be reached through a single source, he’s like a firm rooted tree with sprouted branches. We all say we worship same God then why do we feel our religion is the only and direct source to him?

Recently my neighbor came to preach to me, he’s been on my neck ever since i told him i wasn’t religious and wouldn’t attend his church. The day he came to preach we argued and argued, i told him God cannot be worshiped through a single source, if you invite me to a mosque i will attend, if you invite me to an Osun festival i will attend i don’t have to attend a church because i am seeking God.

I told him God gave us freewill to think, he gave us scientists and doctors and plastic surgeons, he gave us pharmacists and medicines, he wanted us to know there was more to him thats why we discovered other universes, thats why we can clone a human thats why we ca do IVF, thats why we can do inter sex change and etc.

I reminded him that Christians see Muslims as unbelievers and Muslims see Christians as infidels, none of them are right of course but what do they know. He told me to repent that hell is real, i told him i have seen hell, i have seen the rapture more times than i can count, i told him not to believe everything he read in the bible as it was written by human beings like us, he got up looked at me and said “Na God hand u de” lol.
Now back to my question, i get fascinated when people speak in tongue, in some churches if you dont speak in tongues u never belong, i had a flatmate in my hundred level then who stays with her boyfriend, after dem nack finish you go hear her then speak in tongue lol.

During the halleluyah challenge, i was praying, crying, in spirit, whenever i pray to God i cry, because i feel his awesomeness through me, even when im singing praises, during this time i was praying i found myself speaking a language i do not understand, i was scared so i stopped lest i blasphemed, i continued praying and it started again, but i couldnt understand what i was saying so i stopped again.

Dear christians, when you speak in tongues do you understand what you’re talking about? i thought some people were gifted with interpreting this speaking in tongues while others spake it? how come we have less interpreters and more speakers?

SOURCE: TALK2BELLA

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by SmithRussell(m): 8:51am On Feb 10, 2019
Interesting. . I do believe in tongues. . But whether it's being faked or not, I can't tell. .

MODIFIED:

Speaking in unknown tongues is real; it's not possible to tell if a person is faking it since no one understands it, but God. .

That being said, I think the real question here should be "Do People Who Speak in Tongues Do It According To The Bible's Teaching?" Most of the times, the answer is 'NO'...

I attended a church and at a point, we were instructed to pray in the Holy Ghost; I've also seen preachers who argue that speaking in tongues is a sign to show that yhu've received the Spirit, therefore, it is a must to speak in tongues..

What does the Bible actually say about speaking in tongues in the church?

In Corinthians, Apostle Paul said that we should desire more the gift of prophecy (which could be likened to speaking in tongues of men), than the gift of unknown tongues. . Because the gift of prophecy edifies the people who are listening (the whole church) but the gift of tongues edifies only the person saying it (as people won't know when to say amen)..
He said that he speaks in tongues more than the rest of the members, but in the church, he would rather say five words of understanding that a thousand in unknown tongue. .
He also said that there must be an interpreter if ever anyone is being led to speak in unknown tongues so that the crowd will understand what the person is saying. .

He went further to instruct that only ONE person should speak in unknown tongue at a time (as unbelievers might think they are mad if everyone starts saying what they don't understand with no one to interpret)...

But sadly, some Pentecostals don't like the chapter as it condemns women speaking in church. .

P.S. I dedicate my first FTC since 2013 to Osayuwa P, happy birthday love. . And also to my 400L CPE brethren

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by dguyindcorner(m): 8:54am On Feb 10, 2019
You neither fake it nor understand it. You're speaking to God, only him understands.

First Corinthians 14:2 says, “For he who speaks in a ‘tongue’ addresses God, not man; no one understands him; he is talking of divine secrets in the Spirit”

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Rednaxelot: 9:08am On Feb 10, 2019
Sakamaje!
None of them understands that gibberish!

118 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by MJBOLT: 9:13am On Feb 10, 2019
i know a church where the members even sing in tongues.fake rubbish

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:22am On Feb 10, 2019
SmithRussell:
Interesting talk. . I believe in speaking in tongues; whether people fake it or not is what I can't tell

YOU CAN'T TELL IF IT'S REAL OR FAKE, BUT YET, "YOU BELIEVE"??
WHAT DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE?

dguyindcorner:
You neither fake it nor understand it. You're speaking to God, only him understands.

WHY THE MEN WHO SPOKE IN TONGUES IN THE BIBLE SPOKE DIFFERENT "TONGUES" UNDERSTOOD BY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE, WHILE TODAY, THE EXCUSE FOR PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUR GIBBERISH SPEAKING IN TONGUE IS THAT ONLY GOD UNDERSTANDS IT? HAHAHA.. grin

142 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by ElsonMorali: 9:24am On Feb 10, 2019
It is always faked. They believe that when you speak in tongues (read gibberish) that you are advancing spiritually.

That's utterly laughable.

The disciples of Christ according to the bible spoke in tongues. I.e, they spoke their own language and others who didn't understand Aramaic (the language Jesus spoke when he was on earth) heard them in their own different tongues.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by PlugBlogng: 9:25am On Feb 10, 2019
ElsonMorali:
It is always faked. They believe that when you speak in tongues (read gibberish) that you are advancing spiritually.

That's utterly laughable.

The disciples of Christ according to the bible spoke in tongues. I.e, they spoke their own language and others who didn't understand Aramaic (the language Jesus spoke when he was on earth) heard them in their own different tongues.
Funny enough we can't hear them in our own language

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by dguyindcorner(m): 9:44am On Feb 10, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

WHY THE MEN WHO SPOKE IN TONGUES IN THE BIBLE SPOKE DIFFERENT "TONGUES" UNDERSTOOD BY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE, WHILE TODAY, THE EXCUSE FOR PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUR GIBBERISH SPEAKING IN TONGUE IS THAT ONLY GOD UNDERSTANDS IT? HAHAHA.. grin

Deep thing of the kingdom is hidden from you but to babies and sucklings, it's revealed.

Even if I explain to you, you won't listen because your ears are blocked so that in hearing you will not hear and your heart hardened so you will not understand. Keep wallowing in your foolishness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by ElsonMorali: 10:01am On Feb 10, 2019
PlugBlogng:

Funny enough we can't hear them in our own language

Yeah, that's because they fake it.

4 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by BluntBoy(m): 10:22am On Feb 10, 2019
dguyindcorner:

Just like many Christians, you have no idea of what speaking in tongues mean.

When you speak in tongues during corporate worship, especially when you are making a public prayer and you start speaking in a tongue that no one can interpret to the rest of the church, then you have just spoken to the air. Gifts of the spirit is not to edify just the person that possesses it. It is to edify the whole church that is why the gift of speaking in tongues always goes hand in hand with the gift of interpretation.

Speaking in a tongue that no one in the church understands is babel (Remember the Tower of Babel?)

God gave the gift of speaking in tongues to make messages easier to pass across without the restrain of language barrier (Remember when the Apostles spoke in tongues and everyone listening heard in their own native tongues). Without the miracle of speaking in tongues, only a few natives would have heard the disciples.

The Bible says that it is better to keep silent in church than to speak in tongues without an interpreter.

65 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by dguyindcorner(m): 10:29am On Feb 10, 2019
BluntBoy:

Just like many Christians, you have no idea of what speaking in tongues mean.

When you speak in tongues during corporate worship, especially when you are making a public prayer and you start speaking in a tongue that no one can interpret to the rest of the church, then you have just spoken to the air. Gifts of the spirit is not to edify just the person that possesses it. It is to edify the whole church that is why the gift of speaking in tongues always goes hand in hand with the gift of interpretation.

Speaking in a tongue that no one in the church understands is babel (Remember the Tower of Babel?)

God gave the gift of speaking in tongues to make messages easier to pass across without the restrain of language barrier (Remember when the Apostles spoke in tongues and everyone listening heard in their own native tongues). Without the miracle of speaking in tongues, only a few natives would have heard the disciples.

The Bible says that it is better to keep silent in church than to speak in tongues without an interpreter.

He who speaks in an unknown language edifies himself...
Have you come across this in your bible?

2 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by BluntBoy(m): 10:38am On Feb 10, 2019
dguyindcorner:

He who speaks in an unknown language edifies himself...
Have you come across this in your bible?

Provide the whole verse.

Misconceptions like yours are what you get when you read the Bible selectively.

You already think that it is a good thing to edify oneself at the expense of the church abi? grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by thatigboman: 10:48am On Feb 10, 2019
It is meaningless. Nothing to fake, nothing to understand. It's just gibberish. I attended a pentecostal church and learnt the trick. It's just common pure gibberish. I swear.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Learnstuffs: 10:49am On Feb 10, 2019
sad Some preachers undergo courses and training on how to speak in tongue. CHRISTIANITY in Nigeria is something else

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Maxi3k(m): 10:50am On Feb 10, 2019
Rabebebebezamosasalanalele

9 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by nonye6194: 10:50am On Feb 10, 2019
One time during Pentecost Sunday mass several years ago, the officiating priest told us that if whatever tongue the person is speaking can't be understood as a language, then it's total bs.

When the apostles received the holy spirit, they spoke in different languages that people understood.

A good number of people fake that tongue speaking today. Especially in sub Saharan Africa where we dey carry Christianity for head

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 10, 2019
All NIGERIAN TONGUE SPEAKERS are fake and need Rehabilitations with psychiatry reviews
GOD knows they are all FAKE

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Randy100: 10:51am On Feb 10, 2019
They fake it. I was told that there is school of kabashing were you learn how to speak in tongue in Pastor oyakilome church.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by freemanbubble: 10:51am On Feb 10, 2019
Okay
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by mekybabe1: 10:52am On Feb 10, 2019
Most of them fake it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by walcolm(m): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2019
Most of them are fake

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by elshanAutos: 10:52am On Feb 10, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 10, 2019
Rednaxelot:
Sakamaje!

None of them understands that gibberish!

I swear! All fake

10 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by izzy4shizzy(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2019
80% fakes it..

That's was how one pastor was praying for me to speak in tongues.... I look am till him handover me to another pastor, that one ma tire with me

I no go that church afterwards

12 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by CoolVoice(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2019
95% Fraud of the Christiandom

By the way I'm a Christian.

For instance how can you be in a musical studio that you will have to take your line a couple of times and be speaking in tongue in your music record? Infact that's the trend in the Christian Music Industry now you must speak in tongue in your recording.. absolute scam.

16 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by erenax: 10:53am On Feb 10, 2019
Kapaichumarimarichopako

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by bukiii(f): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2019
Can this really be fake � I have seen people speak from oau hall to school gate. If you have been to OAU you will know how far that is.�

2 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Atewo400(m): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

u dey mind then that's just one of the contradictions and controversies in that their mythical book

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When You Are Addicted To Sexual Pleasures / Prophet Joshua Iginla Exposes Plans By Pastors To Frame Him Up For Murder / Apostle Suleman Poses Enroute To South Africa 'For Help From Above 2017'(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.