Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Li-fi Takes Over Wi-fi As New Way Of Internet Sharing Via Micro LED - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Li-fi Takes Over Wi-fi As New Way Of Internet Sharing Via Micro LED (3168 Views)

Again, Glo Emerges Leader Of Internet Market / Li-fi Gets Ready To Compete With Wi-fi / How To Hack Wi-fi Password Using Your Android Phone (2015) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Li-fi Takes Over Wi-fi As New Way Of Internet Sharing Via Micro LED by Bootybuttchic(f): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2014
i hope it gets to naija before 2020 undecided
Re: Li-fi Takes Over Wi-fi As New Way Of Internet Sharing Via Micro LED by romoruyi(m): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
That is the transmission speed and not the amount of data it is transmitting. The led which stands for (light emitting diodes) transmits internet data at the speed of 10gigabits/sec AND not 10gigabyte of data per sec. It is visually impossible to transmit that much data in 1 second because 10gigabyte of data is very heavy. So my friend, do not confuse 10gigabits for 10gigabyte. Led are (light emitting diodes) which are different type of Diodes which emits light while allowing the flow of current in 1 direction. Diodes are used to rectify or change AC (alternating current) to DC (direct current) with in a circuit. i wud stop here!!!

onegig: Lol so much lies. How do you intend transferring much more than 10gb per second through led lights? Another hoax news.
Even physical connections are still struggling to achieve that feat let alone LED. Just google the meaning of led and that should show you it's virtually impossible.
Re: Li-fi Takes Over Wi-fi As New Way Of Internet Sharing Via Micro LED by royalty2013: 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
Akpos I agree wit u. We need to download food, retrieve cast via our phones bfor we go de impress wit white juju called technology
Re: Li-fi Takes Over Wi-fi As New Way Of Internet Sharing Via Micro LED by destino24(m): 11:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
spikesC:

Naa, you forgot the speed of light and the pin point ability of laser.

Nasa has been sending data through light rays to space and planets

yeah, the speed of light is approximately 3 x 10^8, the speed is cool.
To project light with that sort of distance, you'll be needing lots of electrical power. Who's gonna pay for that bill after using the Li-Fi. i doubt it has that kind of capacity
Re: Li-fi Takes Over Wi-fi As New Way Of Internet Sharing Via Micro LED by snadguy007(m): 11:56pm On Jul 28, 2014
We will get there one day
Re: Li-fi Takes Over Wi-fi As New Way Of Internet Sharing Via Micro LED by spikesC(m): 11:59pm On Jul 28, 2014
destino24:

yeah, the speed of light is approximately 3 x 10^8, the speed is cool.
To project light with that sort of distance, you'll be needing lots of electrical power. Who's gonna pay for that bill after using the Li-Fi. i doubt it has that kind of capacity

The only problem would be the electricity bill.
But high energy saving bulbs would definitely be used. And then, it is even very tiny LED bulbs
Re: Li-fi Takes Over Wi-fi As New Way Of Internet Sharing Via Micro LED by onegig(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2014
romoruyi: That is the transmission speed and not the amount of data it is transmitting. The led which stands for (light emitting diodes) transmits internet data at the speed of 10gigabits/sec AND not 10gigabyte of data per sec. It is visually impossible to transmit that much data in 1 second because 10gigabyte of data is very heavy. So my friend, do not confuse 10gigabits for 10gigabyte. Led are (light emitting diodes) which are different type of Diodes which emits light while allowing the flow of current in 1 direction. Diodes are used to rectify or change AC (alternating current) to DC (direct current) with in a circuit. i wud stop here!!!

When i wrote gb. I guess you thought i was referring to gigabytes? Nope. Calling it hoax is more literary.

I know about the Visible light communications
Technology using light emiting diodes. it's bi directional not one directional like you alluded. A simple breakdown of the pros and cons would show you that this is virtually impossible as of now.

There are many technologies out there which were touted as the next big thing but in reality they are just not implementable due to big obstacles against them. Read up more on the basics of li fi and see that on paper it looks good but out there its practically useless. People connect to wi fi lots of metres from the point of origin but you should know light waves cannot pass through solid objects.

This simple fact would be one big obstacle i doubt they can overcome. Science has passed that fanciful level of inventing new things. It now deals with costs and benefits over existing technologies. How many light generating pods would you want to install? How would you bridge the short span of the network? These are the questions that would determine whether a technology would see the light of the day or not.

Let me give you an example. Tesla generating and distributing electricity through ultra low frequency radio waves. Very brilliant and Possible but what of implementation? You get the drift?

(1) (2) (Reply)

It's Easy To Restore Deleted Iphone Text Messages / First Glimpse Of Next-generation Tecno Tablets Which Runs On Remix OS 2.0 / Huawei G Power -the Power Of Sharing - Specs Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.