Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Why do people Help A God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why do people Help A God (1612 Views)

What Makes God A God? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Could You Give Me One Piece Of Significant Evidence Of A God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why do people Help A God by Joel3(m): 10:35am On Jul 28, 2014
why do people help God.

Why do people speak for God.

Why do people claim to have heard from God.

Why do people believe they are sent by God.

Why do people believe they are the only ones who serve God..

Why do people fight for God.

Why do people perform miracles for God.

Why do people kill others for God.

Why do people kill themselves for God

If all these people claim to be closer to the same God, then why are there contradiction between their dominations.

Why are they criticising other denominations who also claim to speak or heard for God.

Why are people thinking that they are the only once speaking or closer to God

Why are they hating others for God.

Can a man help God?
Can a man fight for God
Can a man speak for God?

If man can do all this things for God. Then Who is now the God.

Looking at all these. Man is simply the God.

If man can do all the above. Who is now the true God.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why do people Help A God by mstik(f): 10:36am On Jul 28, 2014
why IS you writing all this?

2 Likes

Re: Why do people Help A God by Kentura(m): 10:46am On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: why IS you writing all this?
Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Why do people Help A God by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 28, 2014
The same reason why ventriloquists speak for their puppets.

3 Likes

Re: Why do people Help A God by alexleo(m): 11:33am On Jul 28, 2014
Joel3:
Why do people speaking for God.
Why do people performing miracles for God.

mstik: why IS you writing all this?

Correct reply. I love this. My question is- Why do people writing anyhow?gringringrin
Re: Why do people Help A God by Joel3(m): 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
don't you think God should help himself. To do all things. Speak for himself. do all things by himself. In that way everything will be accurate.
Re: Why do people Help A God by urheme: 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joel3: why do people help God.

If all these people claim to be closer to the same God, then why are there contradiction between their dominations.

Why are they criticising other denominations who also claim to speak or heard for God.

Can a man help God?
Can a man fight for God
Can a man speak for God?

Re: Why do people Help A God by Kendzyma(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
alexleo:

Correct reply. I love this. My question is- Why do people writing anyhow?gringringrin
why did u dodge d questions?

3 Likes

Re: Why do people Help A God by urheme: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2014

Can a man help God?
Can a man fight for God
Can a man speak for God?

Good ? Op, we live in a crazy world and filled with all sort of crazy people, it appears the gods are too many, the truth is one of them is insane, either the gods or the people, what you have posted is what actually went wrong with religion, people commiting abominable crimes for their various gods is barbarous,

Laws have to be put in place to either curb their excesses or on a serious note BAN religion before we all go mad.

Answer to your last paragraph: there is one true God and religion is not a way to IT ( my views)
Happy holiday
Re: Why do people Help A God by urheme: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
alexleo:

And u that have PHD in english, teach us, silly billy making fun of people.

You can help type it in your own language, we will comment, olodo
Re: Why do people Help A God by alexleo(m): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
Kendzyma: why did u dodge d questions?

Its a foolish question so I don't have time for such. May be he should ask God.
Re: Why do people Help A God by alexleo(m): 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
urheme:

And u that have PHD in english, teach us, silly billy making fun of people.

You can help type it in your own language, we will comment, olodo

Shut up. He found fault in God and you didn't condemn him, I found fault in his writting and you condemn me. Foolishness at its peak.
Re: Why do people Help A God by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
urheme:

Good ? Op, we live in a crazy world and filled with all sort of crazy people, it appears the gods are too many, the truth is one of them is insane, either the gods or the people, what you have posted is what actually went wrong with religion, people commiting abominable crimes for their various gods is barbarous,

Laws have to be put in place to either curb their excesses or on a serious note BAN religion before we all go mad.

Answer to your last paragraph: there is one true God and religion is not a way to IT ( my views)
Happy holiday
The highlighted...
Who's the real one, and how do you meet it?
Re: Why do people Help A God by mstik(f): 6:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
can I interest you in this short video to shed more light on what he means..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY
Apatheist:
The highlighted...
Who's the real one, and how do you meet it?
Re: Why do people Help A God by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: can I interest you in this short video to shed more light on what he means..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY
Nice rap. cool
Watched it before on a Christian channel-- TBN?
He's contradicting himself.
Christianity IS a religion.
Re: Why do people Help A God by mstik(f): 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
did you actually listen to anything he said? or were you just interested in the rap? You know, one thing about christians is that they don't like to be taken away from their comfort zone, they only stick to whatever they've been brought up with in the sunday school and when the truth is said, as long as it contradicts what they know, what they've been told as they are brought up, the reject it vehemently and only a few lucky ones accept it. I know saying Christianity is not a religion sounds very alien, it sounds absurd. I'm sure saying it sounds like saying christianity is equivalent to paganism. But let us face the simple truth- religion is man's search for God. What man does to appear right in front of God but Christianity is God himself coming down to seek man. He left his throne to come to draw all men to him. It's not about what we do or don't do because we have his grace that covers all. I could go on and on but this basically sums it up. Now, how did Jefferey Betke contradict himself?
Apatheist:
Nice rap. cool
Watched it before on a Christian channel-- TBN?
He's contradicting himself.
Christianity IS a religion.
Re: Why do people Help A God by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2014
Joel3 if you want to be an atheist, no one is stoping you!!! angry
Re: Why do people Help A God by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2014
mstik: did you actually listen to anything he said? or were you just interested in the rap? You know, one thing about christians is that they don't like to be taken away from their comfort zone, they only stick to whatever they've been brought up with in the sunday school and when the truth is said, as long as it contradicts what they know, what they've been told as they are brought up, the reject it vehemently and only a few lucky ones accept it. I know saying Christianity is not a religion sounds very alien, it sounds absurd. I'm sure saying it sounds like saying christianity is equivalent to paganism. But let us face the simple truth- religion is man's search for God. What man does to appear right in front of God but Christianity is God himself coming down to seek man. He left his throne to come to draw all men to him. It's not about what we do or don't do because we have his grace that covers all. I could go on and on but this basically sums it up. Now, how did Jefferey Betke contradict himself?
I told you.. I've listened to it before.
Christianity was Jesus[god] COMING down?
Firstly, your fellow Christians would disagree that Jesus is Yahweh.
Secondly, Jesus was a jew.
You owe Christianity to the likes of Paul.
Thirdly, christianity is a religion because it fits the definition.
Definition of religion :

religion /rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
Re: Why do people Help A God by chrisviral(m): 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2014

Can a man help God?
Can a man fight for God
Can a man speak for God?

Why do you and all of your siblings speak for your Father?
Why do you and your siblings fight for your father
Why do you fend for him in old age?
Why do you pray for him!
Why do you run errands for him?

You have no viable points.

1 Like

Re: Why do people Help A God by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2014
chrisviral:

Why do you pray for him!

if you are comparing your god to his old bedridden father...

4 Likes

Re: Why do people Help A God by Joel3(m): 7:22am On Jul 29, 2014
chrisviral:
Why do you pray for him!
first of all my father is human and is visible to humans. Everyone can see him. Talk to him, touch him.
talk for himself. its totally different from your comparison.

What stoping God from speaking from the cloud. Make himself visible. so that everybody can believe and worship the God. Why does humans have to speak for invisible God.

Everybody claim to speak for him and yet there are contradictions. It should have been accurate. I don't know if you are seeing what I am seeing.

Man is simply helping a God. how can this be.

3 Likes

Re: Why do people Help A God by chrisviral(m): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2014
Joel3: first of all my father is human and is visible to humans. Everyone can see him. Talk to him, touch him.
talk for himself. its totally different from your comparison.

What stoping God from speaking from the cloud. Make himself visible. so that everybody can believe and worship the God. Why does humans have to speak for invisible God.

Everybody claim to speak for him and yet there are contradictions. It should have been accurate. I don't know if you are seeing what I am seeing.

Man is simply helping a God. how can this be.

In psalms he said
"don't you know that ye are gods"
In another bible verse he said
"You body is the dwelling place of the Holyghost(God)"
"I and My Father is one" Jesus speaking, there If we been joint heirs with Christ, then it can be said that
"We and our Father is one"

(the sentence in "" are scriptural quotations.)

"For whatever is agreed here on earth is agreed in heaven"

With the above scripture we should understand that we are God (made flesh), therefore he said he has given us all authority, so how then do you expect God to speak when his dwelling place is right inside me and you...

"Let's make Man in our Image and Likeness"
Therefore what ever Man says is directly what God is saying, prophets are God's mouth piece (we are all God prophets of salvation)...

The only confusion right now is that there are False professors of Christ, all in the aim to slander the elites of God...
"Many shall say, Father, in your name we cast out demons and healed the sick and I shall say to them depart from me, I know you not"

It's not everybody that claims to speak for God, true-ly speak for him, but there those who true-lly speak for the Almighty God.
"My sheep hear my voice"
Re: Why do people Help A God by Kay17: 8:35am On Jul 29, 2014
^^

Here comes the naïve Christian with his naïve bible.

@apatheist pls stop feeding the troll.
Re: Why do people Help A God by chrisviral(m): 10:08am On Jul 29, 2014
Kay17: ^^

Here comes the naïve Christian with his naïve bible.

@apatheist pls stop feeding the troll.

I'm happy when people like you call me names.
Btw (intellectually you can't stand me) but it's all vanity.
Re: Why do people Help A God by Kay17: 11:57am On Jul 29, 2014
chrisviral:

Which you are not showing
Re: Why do people Help A God by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Kay17:

Which you are not showing
You need faith to see it...

2 Likes

Re: Why do people Help A God by UrbanMystique: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Apatheist:
You need faith to see it...
chaiiiii embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why do people Help A God by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
chrisviral:

Of course he can't stand you intellectually. For that to happen, he has to descend to the depths of mediocrity that you and ilk wallow in.

You darn baboon. I hope that makes your day.

3 Likes

Re: Why do people Help A God by qstar(m): 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
chrisviral:

Btw (intellectually you can't stand me).

What a needless boast!
Re: Why do people Help A God by torchwave: 9:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nobody is capable of helping God. If God wanted anything done, with or without you, it is done. Did you help Him create the universe, the sun, the moon, the stars? Which one did you help Him create?

As ambassadors of the gospel of good news, our commission is to spread the message all over the world as Christians because God in His wisdom ordained it to be so among other reasons.

God still speaks and only those who are listening hear Him. He who formed the lips can He not speak? Of course there are deceivers who come in the name of Christ to deceive people. That's why we should test every spirit, and judge everything we hear by the Word of God.

I have already given answers to this question since it is related to the ones above.

Anybody can claim to be the only one who truly serves God but God knows those who truly serve Him, those who are His.

Others may but the God I know, the God I serve fights for me. That is why He is the Almighty.

God is the source of miracles. He is the one who makes the impossible possible. Men are only vessels of His power. Miracles are not by might or power but by the Spirit of God.

God never asked people to kill for Him. Before the birth of Christ, whenever the Israelites went to war, God granted them victory. Sometimes He told them to go into battle while at other times He granted their prayer for victory. That was how God dealt with the Israelites.

Comes the New Covenant. God's dealing with the Israelites (Christians) took the form of love towards their enemies. God even said the time would come when those who kill His followers will think they are doing God a favour.

They are blind and ignorant. Whoever commits suicide for God sins against God and is headed for eternal perdition. Our lives do not belong to us. Our lives belong to God because He created us, He gave us the life we live.

Everybody is one in Christ irrespective of denomination. It is just a man-made identification of belief. Nevertheless, Christ is the head of the Church be Apostolic or Protestant or Wesleyan or Lutheran or Pentecostal or Catholic.

Wrong

Who is now the true God.
the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Re: Why do people Help A God by malvisguy212: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2014
Kendzyma: why did u dodge d questions?
it a very foolish question, can you tell us were you have seen a born again christian fight for God?
Re: Why do people Help A God by Weah96: 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
malvisguy212: it a very foolish question, can you tell us were you have seen a born again christian fight for God?

Right here on NL. An atheist insults the imaginary Abrahamic God here on NL, and Christians take up arms to defend him. If I was talking to a supernatural entity with the scope of power that your imaginary God has, do you think that I would utter a word to someone who posts a disparaging comment about him? In fact, I would expect him to deal with people who insult ME. You guys act as if you've never heard the voice of God before, or seen a manifestation of his existence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The White Man Fabricated Christianity ..wake Up People.. Know Your True Identity / Why Is Mark 11:26 Not In The Revised Standard Version Bible? / Why I Am an Islamophobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.