Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1350122 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
adetola007:

Yes
Thanks man.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
The offers are coming in.
K-State Computer Science offered an RA to divabiola this morning.
Great news!

6 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2017
I am ripping my hair off!!!! I need a frigging decision!!! Is it just me? Ah! 3 months and counting!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 15, 2017
sirRiddy:
Great news!

Congratulations to divabiola, this is truly wonderful. See funding oh. cheesy cheesy

When will my good news come. cry

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 15, 2017
Thanks. The department hired a new faculty coming in the next fall.
He interviewed her yesterday on Skype and hired her today. Even though she was a border
line candidate among ranked candidates, the grad program director had no choice but to recommend her for admission.
Stay positive but proactive, I hope you get a good offer pretty soon as well. smiley

andradaeze:

Congratulations to divabiola, this is truly wonderful. See funding oh. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
sirRiddy:
Thanks. The department hired a new faculty coming in the next fall.
He interviewed her yesterday on Skype and hired her today. Even though she was a border
line candidate among ranked candidates, the grad program director had no choice but to recommend her for admission.
Stay positive but proactive, I hope you get a good offer pretty soon as well. smiley

Wow, that is an astonishing story. Am really happy for her. cheesy smiley
I hope we all have our own "angel" wink recommend us for admission.

But sirridy, please how does one stay proactive during this waiting period?
What can one do?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
It will be a good idea to make contacts with current grad students, especially
senior ones and faculty. You never know who needs an RA.
"The Early bird gets the worm." Just keep doing something till the offer comes.
andradaeze:

Wow, that is an astonishing story. Am really happy for her. cheesy smiley
I hope we all have our own "angel" wink recommend us for admission.

But sirridy, please how does one stay proactive during this waiting period?
What can one do?

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2017
sirRiddy:
It will be a good idea to make contacts with current grad students, especially
senior ones and faculty. You never know who needs an RA.
"The Early bird gets the worm." Just keep doing something till the offer comes.

Thank you, sirriddy. You are always helpful. smiley

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
drhopeful:
I am ripping my hair off!!!! I need a frigging decision!!! Is it just me? Ah! 3 months and counting!!!
Hello, where have you been and how are you doing? I can understand how you feel. You might want to mail the grad coordinators of your programme to inquire about the state of your application. I have heard of situations where applicants have been admitted but we're not notified due to an error or oversight

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
Congrats Divabiola. You contributed to the thread in your own special way. I am happy for you.

@DrHopeful, the wait is not easy but I think the consensus online say it is not bad most times if you have not received a decision by now. Let us be keeping our fingers crossed. What about the interview you had with a member of Faculty in one of your schools?

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 7:57pm On Feb 15, 2017
Congratulations Divabiola smiley...

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 8:06pm On Feb 15, 2017
@Toakins, Adetola007. Thank you.
@Divabiola. Congratulations!
More good news coming in.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2017
@SirRiddy. Does a Research Assistantship come with a scholarship or tuition waiver? I know it has a monthly stipend.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by thesishelp: 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2017
We at thesis help International provide High Quality Writing Help,We develop, guide and train students on their final year projects so that they score the best of marks in their final years. Our training is based on live projects and we ensure students get practical knowledge on the working and technical details of the project.We are always on deck to ensure
1.Prompt completion and delivery of work
2.Best write up service
3.professionals who are mobile to teach students the practical aspect of the work
4.Be it Engineering,pure and applied sciences, social sciences we guarantee you distinction
5.Plagiarism free work
6.Total design and construction of gadgets needed for your electrical engineering projects
7.Mathematical Analysis
8.Thousands of topics to choose from
9.prompt guidance and follow up
These and many more our team of expert writers offer u
contact via signature
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
Depends on the school and department.
At K-State CS, all tuition is waived. Even better, RAs do not pay the semester fees that the
TAs have to pay since their tuition waiver come from their RA professor's grants.
After Fellowship, RA is the next best thing as you do not have to put up with boring
work like grading, labs and proctoring exams. If you work hard, you can collaborate
with your professors and other grad students and start publishing early.
iCool:
@SirRiddy. Does a Research Assistantship come with a scholarship or tuition waiver? I know it has a monthly stipend.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
sirRiddy:

At K-State CS, all tuition is waived. Even better, RAs do not pay the semester fees that the
TAs have to pay since their tuition waiver come from their RA professor's grants.

shocked

TAMUKingsville must pay me!!!

I feel I stand a very good chance with them. Lamar has tried, will still work on them.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2017
My advice is to be very straight with asking for clarifications.
Oyinbo na body language dem dey read o. If you present yourself as
OBO, them go just dey look you ni o. Ask them every single thing about
finances so that you can be prepared. What covers what. Good luck.
iCool:

shocked

TAMUKingsville must pay me!!!

I feel I stand a very good chance with them. Lamar has tried, will still work on them.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
congrat @icool
sirRiddy:
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2017
sirRiddy:
Thank you. I go reason them wella.

@Tescoman90. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 9:04pm On Feb 15, 2017
Scholastica16:
Congrats Divabiola. You contributed to the thread in your own special way. I am happy for you.

@DrHopeful, the wait is not easy but I think the consensus online say it is not bad most times if you have not received a decision by now. Let us be keeping our fingers crossed. What about the interview you had with a member of Faculty in one of your schools?
No decision from there too. The wait is very hard....

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 15, 2017
drhopeful:
Its even too early for decision, in some schools they have not even reached the deadline for applications. If the schools you applied to don't have rolling admission then there is no cause for alarm. Most schools will start making decision late February/March. I didn't get decisions from any of the 6 schools i applied to then until March. And you might want to send your grad cord an email asking when they will make decisions, this should dose off the tension and ideally most graduate cord will reply, while you will also wonder if some grad cords ever check their emails. This is the time to make the Grad cord your friend, the grad cord most times are in-charge of appointing TAs.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 16, 2017
1st decision, admit
southern Illinois university Carbondale
Ms Electrical engineering.
No funding yet.
3 more to go.

10 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by revenant: 9:32am On Feb 16, 2017
For those of you that have gone through the WES Evaluation process, what exactly was thier means for sending document for verification to your school. Is it through e-mail or postal address.
I got a mail from WES on the 14th stating that photocopies of my documents have been sent to my school for verification, I got to my school registrar office they were asking me what was the mode in which WES sent the document.

Secondly what channel did you guys used in communicating with WES. I have been using thier e-mail us channel through their help section.
Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Divabiola: 11:08am On Feb 16, 2017
sirRiddy:
Great news!

Thanks sirRiddy, you have been very helpful

Scholastica16:

Thanks dear

andradaeze:

Don't worry, your good news is coming very soon

Thanks everyone for the congratulatory messages

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by towbaynah(m): 1:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
Wow. Congrats Divabiola.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by towbaynah(m): 1:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
drhopeful:

This. This 1000x. I refresh my mail 40 times a day, give or take. Got a mail from Oxford. Turned out to be just a survey. Never had a panic attack that came and disappeared so quickly. Hope all this ends well.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 2:30pm On Feb 16, 2017
Congratulations divabiola.... cool cool
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
towbaynah:

This. This 1000x. I refresh my mail 40 times a day, give or take. Got a mail from Oxford. Turned out to be just a survey. Never had a panic attack that came and disappeared so quickly. Hope all this ends well.

O mennn, it isn't easy. Your panic attack makes me laugh! grin

I am chasing the grad schools for more money, I smile each time a mail enters my box.. It always turns out to be linkedin or some career website.

Which kind problem be this one.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 2:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
One admit from South Dakota State University.

Surprisingly, that is the most recent application which I reluctantly submitted few days ago. I completed the application and ordered for my evaluated transcript from WES to the school on 8th of this month. I was utterly surprised when I saw the mail from them was a decision mail. I guess they admit on rolling basis...

However, no funding yet. The advisor assigned to me happen to be the Program Coordinator. I was told to contact my advisor for inquiries on funding which I already did.... his response was that I have been automatically entered to the selection pool for the departmental graduate teaching assistant, and that the positions will be announced at the beginning of the fall semester... undecided lipsrsealed

I pray it comes out well...

8 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by towbaynah(m): 2:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
iCool:

I am chasing the grad schools for more money, I smile each time a mail enters my box.. It always turns out to be linkedin or some career website.

Which kind problem be this one.

No be here lol.
All those LinkedIn notifications too. ;DD
I thought I was the only one. Let's just wait and see how all this pans out.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by towbaynah(m): 2:58pm On Feb 16, 2017
seeker88:
One admit from South Dakota State University.

Surprisingly, that is the most recent application which I reluctantly submitted few days ago. I completed the application and ordered for my evaluated transcript from WES to the school on 8th of this month. I was utterly surprised when I saw the mail from them was a decision mail. I guess they admit on rolling basis...

However, no funding yet. The advisor assigned to me happen to be the Program Coordinator. I was told to contact my advisor for inquiries on funding which I already did.... his response was that I have been automatically entered to the selection pool for the departmental graduate teaching assistant, and that the positions will be announced at the beginning of the fall semester... undecided lipsrsealed

I pray it comes out well...

Wooaah. Congrats, pal. It's already come out well. Start preparing for Visa interview.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
iCool:

Which kind problem be this one

No be small thing grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.