Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1350053 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
seeker88:
One admit from South Dakota State University.

Surprisingly, that is the most recent application which I reluctantly submitted few days ago. I completed the application and ordered for my evaluated transcript from WES to the school on 8th of this month. I was utterly surprised when I saw the mail from them was a decision mail. I guess they admit on rolling basis...

However, no funding yet. The advisor assigned to me happen to be the Program Coordinator. I was told to contact my advisor for inquiries on funding which I already did.... his response was that I have been automatically entered to the selection pool for the departmental graduate teaching assistant, and that the positions will be announced at the beginning of the fall semester... undecided lipsrsealed

I pray it comes out well...
Congrats, Hope others come through too, because I am just thinking cold, cold, cold, just joking
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 3:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
fredoricko:
1st decision, admit
southern Illinois university Carbondale
Ms Electrical engineering.
No funding yet.
3 more to go.
Congrats boss, funding will still come...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 3:37pm On Feb 16, 2017
fredoricko:
1st decision, admit
No funding yet.
3 more to go.
Congrats, Did you use your recent GRE for the application?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 3:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
towbaynah:

Wooaah. Congrats, pal. It's already come out well. Start preparing for Visa interview.
Thanks baba!
How far with K-State and their request for your Masters certificate, sorted out
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
Time2Smile:

Congrats, Hope others come through too, because I am just thinking cold, cold, cold, just joking
No be small....I thought of that, and it almost deterred me from applying to the school. Anyways, if better funding come out, we go survive the cold grin grin

I researched and discovered that South Dakota isn't really the coldest, as opposed to my initial thought.....
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 234ng44uk(m): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
What's eldeevee doing here? Na Mark, new moniker
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
Time2Smile:

Congrats, Did you use your recent GRE for the application?
Thanks. Yes I did. I've written GRE only once yet.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
seeker88:

Congrats boss, funding will still come...

Thanks boss. Amen to that
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
@Time2smile
I think the sch admits on a rolling basis. I completed the application a few days ago.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
@Seeker88. Congratulations!!!
Admission is in.... Funding is next!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
I have received four decisions from my applications, they all admitted me without funding yet.

Colorado State University - Jan. 24
Kansas State University - Feb. 7
University of Wyoming - Feb. 10
Tennessee Tech. - Feb. 14

K-State is asking me to send a bank statement though before an admittance can be processed.

I still have two more decisions to go (U of Utah and Vanderbilt)

9 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by towbaynah(m): 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
seeker88:

Thanks baba!
How far with K-State and their request for your Masters certificate, sorted out

They said since I can't get it, I would have to get a WESICAP evaluation. Did that. Still waiting for a feedback, bro.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by towbaynah(m): 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
Got a rejection from the University of Tennessee today. 1 of 5. My chest is heavy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Okusi(m): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
towbaynah:
Got a rejection from the University of Tennessee today. 1 of 5. My chest is heavy.

baba, be calm. what is coming is better... You'll laugh last

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
towbaynah:

Awwww. Sorry about the rejection. You will definitely get into a school.

I can relate biko,take it easy.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2017
Topiipii:
I have received four decisions from my applications, they all admitted me without funding yet.

K-State is asking me to send a bank statement though before an admittance can be processed.

Some schools make funding decisions later. Congratulations dear.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
seeker88:

Surprisingly, that is the most recent application which I reluctantly submitted few days ago. I completed the application and ordered for my evaluated transcript from WES to the school on 8th of this month. I was utterly surprised when I saw the mail from them was a decision mail. I guess they admit on rolling basis...

However, no funding yet. The advisor assigned to me happen to be the Program Coordinator. I was told to contact my advisor for inquiries on funding which I already did.... his response was that I have been automatically entered to the selection pool for the departmental graduate teaching assistant, and that the positions will be announced at the beginning of the fall semester... undecided lipsrsealed

Congratulations seeker88.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 6:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
Congrats!!! Funding will come. Are you going for an MSc or a PhD program?
Topiipii:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
Congrats man!!!!!!
seeker88:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
With all the decisions on here, I guess I can now intensify ripping off my hair.... cry
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 6:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
@Topiipii. Congratulations! We will all get funded, the wait is on.

@Towbaynah. Relax bro, better news will come your way. I am also waiting for decisions from the 'heavy weights' I applied to.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
drhopeful:
With all the decisions on here, I guess I can now intensify ripping off my hair.... cry

shocked shocked shocked

Abeg o!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
drhopeful:
I believe there is no cause for alarm yet, sis. Decisions sometimes, do come in April. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 6:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
andradaeze:

I believe there is no cause for alarm yet, sis. Decisions sometimes, do come in April. smiley

So true....

I am still stretching my patience till April for the remaining decisions.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 6:59pm On Feb 16, 2017
seeker88:

This is great news bro. Some schools make funding decisions later so I am guessing you'd still hear from them. Mechanical engineering Masters abi?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
fredoricko:
1st decision, admit
No funding yet.
3 more to go.

Congrats man. Nice one.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
Topiipii:

Intimidators.

Intimidate us. grin

Where is Hirschfelder?

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
andradaeze:

Thanks! But it's easier said than done. cry
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
fredoricko:
1st decision, admit
No funding yet.
3 more to go.

Congratulations dear.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 7:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
Scholastica16:

Intimidators.

Intimidate us. grin

Where is Hirschfelder?
My brother....hmmmmm...Dia ris God oh
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
drhopeful:

Don't use your hand. Let me look for a Clipper. grin

Fret not. Your schools were top notch. I doubt you'd hear from them earlier than February end based on Grad Cafe. I am optimistic about your chances.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.