Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

My Mazda MPV 2000 Has A Rough Ride - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Mazda MPV 2000 Has A Rough Ride (867 Views)

Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan / Gear Issue On My Mazda Mpv / Is Mazda MPV Prone To Auto Gear Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mazda MPV 2000 Has A Rough Ride by igomen: 1:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
Please experts in the house, help me to solve this problem: I only enjoy a smooth ride when I have a full tank. When it is below the half-way mark problem starts. It loses power, acceleration is rough and I hear "shooting" sound from the exhaust, sometimes it goes off in motion. I have scanned the car; its only ABS fault codes that came up.

What may be the problem?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: My Mazda MPV 2000 Has A Rough Ride by autofixng: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2014
You still need to run a comprehensive scan on it. Both manual check and computer diagnosis.
Re: My Mazda MPV 2000 Has A Rough Ride by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2014
Open up your fuel pump case, its either you have a bad fuel pump or a blocked clogged filter or both.
Re: My Mazda MPV 2000 Has A Rough Ride by mayor2013: 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2014
I want to believe you have the check engine light on . Go for a more professional and comprehensive scan that would scan all modules on that vehicle, to run a comprehensive scan call 08165520837 or 08156087872.
Re: My Mazda MPV 2000 Has A Rough Ride by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
GAZZUZZ: Open up your fuel pump case, its either you have a bad fuel pump or a blocked clogged filter or both.
Spot on!

Change the fuel filter ASAP! if you still encounter same symptoms, replace the fuel pump.

Have you ever replaced the fuel pump with tokunbo? Bad move! They don't last. You can go through up to 3 or 4 changes in 1 year which is enough money to have bought one brand new one. Replace with brand new fuel pump.
Re: My Mazda MPV 2000 Has A Rough Ride by igomen: 1:14am On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks all for your insightful input. I have changed the fuel pump twice; once with tokunbo and the other with brand new, yet problem persist.
Someone mentioned comprehensive scanning, I have used different scanning machines on this car yet I keep getting only fault codes for the ABS which I know is bad. Can anybody recommend a good mazda mechanic and gear master. I have a feeling the problem is not that complicated, the guys that have worked on it so far are missing something.
Re: My Mazda MPV 2000 Has A Rough Ride by IdaraCHODB(m): 2:12am On Jul 29, 2014
igomen: Thanks all for your insightful input. I have changed the fuel pump twice; once with tokunbo and the other with brand new, yet problem persist.
Someone mentioned comprehensive scanning, I have used different scanning machines on this car yet I keep getting only fault codes for the ABS which I know is bad. Can anybody recommend a good mazda mechanic and gear master. I have a feeling the problem is not that complicated, the guys that have worked on it so far are missing something.

Please note the order - i suggested do a fuel filter delete and replace BEFORE a fuel pump change!

Since you already have a fuel pump, then do a fuel filter change ASAP.

reason is that if you put a brand new filter into an old/worn out filter, you will shorten its lifespan and overwork it.

Another problem could be - did you replace with the correct fuel pump? do you have the part number?

But please do the fuel filter replace ASAP to save whatever is left of the life of that fuel pump assuming of course that you got the right one!

I doubt you will get codes on this vehicle for a bad fuel filter or fuel pump!

I have attached a picture indicating the two filters that must be changed at the point of installation of a new fuel pump

Re: My Mazda MPV 2000 Has A Rough Ride by IdaraCHODB(m): 2:18am On Jul 29, 2014
Extract from Denso Installation Guide:

"The fuel pump must be used with a DENSO or OE comparable new pump strainer for the
warranty to apply. In the event that DENSO does not offer the pump strainer for a particular
application, an OE pump strainer from a dealer or an OE comparable competitor pump strainer
must be used

In addition, it is recommended to replace all other fuel filters in the vehicle’s fuel system. Follow
the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended procedures and all vehicle manufacturer’s safety
precautions to replace these fuel filters."
Re: My Mazda MPV 2000 Has A Rough Ride by mayor2013: 5:45am On Jul 29, 2014
What type of scanning tool was used? In cases like this its difficult to use obd2 scanners and expect to achieve results. you have a shooting problem and your car stalls on motion, various factors could attribute to that. If you are in lagos call these numbers 08165520837 or 08156087872

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz AMG 6x6 , The Best Thing On Wheels / Top Gear Gets A New Host / See Photos Of The 3 Kids That Survived Trailer Accident In Awka, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.