Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Is He A Father? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is He A Father? (1851 Views)

A Father's Pain / A Father's Letter To His Unborn Child.......(brought Tears To My Eyes) / Does A Father Have The Right To Excessively Beat His Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is He A Father? by kelitacliff(m): 10:46am On Jul 30, 2014
alutacontinua: Your story sounds a lil nollywood-y.
you heard screams, right? I believe if he wanted to escape, he should have done so before you got there. So, what wqs he doing when the screaming happened and you walked down there? We're talking reflex action here, bro or is this an attempt at making up a storyline for Nollywood? tongue
The compound in question is just close by, moreover who knows he may be sleeping when the fire started but the fact is he fled his family
Re: Is He A Father? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
beeevan:

His family will be so disappointed, its really pathetic, man of the house indeed!
Reminds me of story a lady wrote here about when robbers visited them, her pops took to his heels and left them all alone. She never looked at him the same way afterwards.
Re: Is He A Father? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
OmoAlata1:

So your advice to men is to allow their wives to get gang rapedd by arm robbers to spear their life? lol. wow and all those men were getting heart attack in the men are not head of household thread. i guess there are circumstances where a man should not be called HOH according to you.
Are you saying the presence of husbands has deter robbers from rapiing women?

Note: I wouldn't run away but I wouldn't blame any man who ran away from robbers. The ideal is to have a contingency plan for when such things happen.
Re: Is He A Father? by soulglo: 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
AdeniyiA: unlike in Titanic, the first thing that comes to your mind in emergency situations is to save yourself, then others IF possible

I disagree. I know a father who almost burned to death to save his child who was confined to a wheel chair. I will do the same for my child. If what you say is truly the case then airlines would not need to remind people to put on their masks first in case of an emergency before helping others. A parents first thought would be to save their child.

3 Likes

Re: Is He A Father? by beeevan: 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
freshdude2: Reminds me of story a lady wrote here about when robbers visited them, her pops took to his heels and left them all alone. She never looked at him the same way afterwards.

E really get as e be, man of the house fleeing from danger without any consideration for people he claimed to protect.

2 Likes

Re: Is He A Father? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
beeevan:

E really get as e be, man of the house fleeing from danger without any consideration for people he claimed to protect.
It's inconceivable to me o. Even my wife won't run, how much more daddy! If I did, I'm finished, I know my wife. It would be better if the robbers killed me. grin

1 Like

Re: Is He A Father? by soulglo: 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
freshdude2: It's inconceivable to me o. Even my wife won't run, how much more daddy! If I did, I'm finished, I know my wife. It would be better if the robbers killed me. grin
LMAO
Re: Is He A Father? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
soulglo:
LMAO
I dey tell you. She dey try for mouth side.

1 Like

Re: Is He A Father? by Jahblessme: 4:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
cheesy cheesy
If it's my hubby,it would be better for him to set himself on fire or pray I die there cos from that day henceforth,he will become my wife.
We will hold hands and shop for a di lido that I'll be using on him every night.
He didn't even try to save his children?? What sort of man is this? I hope the story is made up.

1 Like

Re: Is He A Father? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
mstik: That's no excuse at all!! The wife and children are equally in danger as the armed robbers can out of anger kill the wife and children. The man should be able to stand and take a bullet for them. Shebi, he's claiming the head? He should protect those that he's leading

Thank you jare, Nigerian men think being the head of the house is only about getting served the biggest piece of chicken. When it comes to the time to show who's the real head of the house they at no where to be found....hisss cowards

4 Likes

Re: Is He A Father? by beeevan: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
freshdude2: It's inconceivable to me o. Even my wife won't run, how much more daddy! If I did, I'm finished, I know my wife. It would be better if the robbers killed me. grin

grin real finished!
Re: Is He A Father? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:31am On Jul 31, 2014
soulglo:

I disagree. I know a father who almost burned to death to save his child who was confined to a wheel chair. I will do the same for my child. If what you say is truly the case then airlines would not need to remind people to put on their masks first in case of an emergency before helping others. A parents first thought would be to save their child.
putting on their masks is synonymous to saving first, your life ....
Re: Is He A Father? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:38am On Jul 31, 2014
mstik: That's no excuse at all!! The wife and children are equally in danger as the armed robbers can out of anger kill the wife and children. The man should be able to stand and take a bullet for them. Shebi, he's claiming the head? He should protect those that he's leading
if i hear...sad ,so you can become a landlady abi or get remarried to anoda man abi? undecided
God punish d devil smiley
Re: Is He A Father? by AtheistD(m): 9:33am On Aug 02, 2014
dominique: I've also heard of a man that jumped out of the house and left his family at the mercy of armed robbers. Thank goodness no one was harmed. Can such men beat their chests and claim head of family after such cowardly acts?

I thought equality has scrapped the need for men to be chivalrous? Also I thought there was no head of the house?
Re: Is He A Father? by egopersonified(f): 11:29am On Aug 02, 2014
AdeniyiA:
if i hear...sad ,so you can become a landlady abi or get remarried to anoda man abi? undecided
God punish d devil smiley

so funny.
Op, lol at jetli.
Just goes to show you that a mother would do ANYTHING for her kids, that nine months course is something you cannot get the same result(child), no matter how many times you take it. Fathers can always remarry and have children at whatever age, so why die for them?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation, Man Tells Court / What Will You Do If You Caught Your Elder Brother Doing This? / Did anyone here try to conceive twins naturally and were successful?!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.