Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,129 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? (6488 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Paralyses Lagos, Other Major Cities -PUNCH / Alleged AIT Ban: The True Story From An AIT Staff, Lara Wise / You Can Ban The Press If They Will Embarrass A Public Officer - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by McWhillion(m): 6:12am On Jul 29, 2014
Mabaleosi: and where did you got that 53% from? Which of the population census result gave you that percentage? You better stop deceiving yourself.
Bro, Hausa cows are part of that figure.
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by McWhillion(m): 6:24am On Jul 29, 2014
edogirl2:
Banning it is not practicable - it will alienate even moderate moslems and incite more extremism.

Also, the male bombers appear to dress like most Nigerian males - trouser and shirts or normal traditional dress. Are we going to ban these and insist all men wear shorts and old style singlets, the type that has holes in them so that we can see if they are carrying bombs or not.;

The Nigerian situation is now so complex, there are no simple answers to the insecurity problems.
Its much easier to readily identify a potential suicide bomber in men's clothing than one dressed as a Ninja.
Mind you IEDs are not as small as a packet of biscuit that could easily go unnoticed.
I can't have rest of mind if I happen to board a bus with a fellow Ninja who I can't identify.
For all I care s(he) might be carrying a load of explosives that might soon cremate dozens of people alive.
You better wake up sis, you're in the 21st century Nigeria and not 15th century Arabia.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by ukeleh: 7:51am On Jul 29, 2014
BH are out to destroy Islam, it is clearly showing now.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by scribble: 8:15am On Jul 29, 2014
Ibnsultan: I @ibnsultan sarduana Nairaland wishes to Info you that the current use of female bombers by BH is indeed terrible and scary. But this will in NO way stop our Mothers,sisters,wives From putting on the hijab to protect their dignity as required. I use this opportunity to call on his excellency Mr president to use all his powers to bring an end to the insurgency in the North. We understand your pains as we are also victims of the terrorism. let's continue to pray for our service personnels fighting the insurgents. Long live The Federal Republic of Nigeria. Sign:sardauna Nairaland

how does a hijab protect a womans dignity?

What is dignifying about wearing a long black robe and looking like the grim reaper?

Pls break it down sultan nairaland pbuh
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by scribble: 8:17am On Jul 29, 2014
we can ban the hijab in cosmopolitan cities and anybody that wants to wear the hijab can go to chibok, sambisa and the likes and wear multi colour hijab for all we care....they should just keep such away from modern cosmopolitan cities...

what is even dignifying about this poo

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Imoy(m): 9:10am On Jul 29, 2014
caseless:
tell me how that is gonna be possible in nigeria where muslims make up about 53% of the population?

Oh pls shut up! Were did u get dat from?
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 29, 2014
Emessy: ENEMIES OF ISLAM being trying to destroy Islam since -5BH

The worst enemy of Islam is Islam herself!

With her intolerance of other faith/religion, primitive but brutal sharia and the spreading of their religion with violence as a tool, Islam has singled herself out as a terror to be dreaded all over the world!

Angola has banned Islam, and we the Biafrans want to live in a different Nation from the Jihardists. If the current wave of violence in the name of Islam does not stop, then other nations will rise up and make laws against the religion!

There are those known as moderate Moslems, and my heart goes out to them, however, they should stop living in this denial of violence in Islam!

Mohammed started the so called Jihardism, Usman Dan Fodio subdued the Hausalands and Ilorin with the edge of the sword and installed his kismnen as Emirs!

The violence in Islam is an ideology, denying it is just a lip service!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Caseless: 9:15am On Jul 29, 2014
Imoy:

Oh pls shut up! Were did u get dat from?
i won't!
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Caseless: 9:20am On Jul 29, 2014
noblezone:

The worst enemy of Islam is Islam herself!

With her intolerance of other faith/religion, primitive but brutal sharia and the spreading of their religion with violence as a tool, Islam has singled herself out as a terror to be dreaded all over the world!

Angola has banned Islam, and we the Biafrans want to live in a different Nation from the Jihardists. If the current wave of violence in the name of Islam does not stop, then other nations will rise up and make laws against the religion!

There are those known as moderate Moslems, and my heart goes out to them, however, they should stop living in this denial of violence in Islam!

Mohammed started the so called Jihardism, Usman Dan Fodio subdued the Hausalands and Ilorin with the edge of the sword and installed his kismnen as Emirs!

The violence in Islam is an ideology, denying it is just a lip service!
bigot, ur post did not make sense to me. People killed by xtains or in d name of xtainity outnumber those killed in d name of islam. Ur religion is not free of what u accused other of.
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 29, 2014
caseless: bigot, ur post did not make sense to me. People killed by xtains or in d name of xtainity outnumber those killed in d name of islam. Ur religion is not free of what u accused other of.

Please sir, tell me where Christians are currently fighting others just to enthrone Christianity.
there were wars fought by the Roman Catholic in the dark ages in the name of Christianity, that we don't deny!

Yet, the truth is that Jesus never fought any one, did not kill any one (rather He was killed and that for our sake: will you ever understand His death?), he never commanded us to fight any body!

that is contrary to Mohammed!

Did he lead wars? did he shed blood?
did he command his followers to fight wars?

Bring the words of Jesus and that of Mohammed to Compare and then you will see the difference between
Brutality and Love!

Do you know why have not retaliated against the jihardists?
Please take a look at the teachings of Jesus!

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Caseless: 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
noblezone:

Please sir, tell me where Christians are currently fighting others just to enthrone Christianity.
kony in uganda and the xtain militia in C.A.R(u knw they took up arms when a former leader ,who's d president, declared he's a muslim. Some cities are wiped completely of muslims right now).

noblezone: there were wars fought by the Roman Catholic in the dark ages in the name of Christianity, that we don't deny!
u forgot to add these 2 xtains ;musleni and hitler to d chart. U have no right to cast stone here.

noblezone: Yet, the truth is that Jesus never fought any one, did not kill any one (rather He was killed and that for our sake: will you ever understand His death?), he never commanded us to fight any body!
jesus said " i came no to send peace, but a sword" (matt. 12 : 21). Should we now judge jesus or xtainity by this? Yes!!
Again, jesus was never killed nor died. If jesus is the saviour/GOD, he cud have saved himself.
NB: i love jesus like i love muhammad.

noblezone: that is contrary to Mohammed!

Did he lead wars? did he shed blood?
did he command his followers to fight wars?
the most merciful and compassionate man ever liveth. He never fought an 'unjustified' war or fought outside the desert b4 he cud spread islam this far. However, u'l agree with me that muhammad worn more people to islam via his attitude/character , than he did with sword or army. Infact, he was attacked, his followers killed and chased out of their homes, he was stoned and, when God asked him of what he'd want to be done to the people who have done so much harm to him, he replied God by saying: "forgive them, guide unto the right path...they acted out of ignorance". He was an embodiment of compassion and peace. He lived with non-muslims; xtains, jews and non-arab alike. He ate from a jewish woman.
A verse of d quran say : practice that(religion) which yours and, let me practice that which is mine...no compulsion in religion. He cudn't have gone againt the msg(quran) that came thru him by forcing people to join islam like u claimed. There was never a time the prophet invaded anytime to fight in order to spread the msg of islam; all the battle were fought on battle grounds.
Muhammad brought liberation to mankind, he freed slaves, he brought justice and equity to mankind, he was sent to the whole world, unlike jesus(A.S) who was sent to a particular set of people, the people of isreal(matt. 2: 3, 7:6, 15:23 and matt 15:24)

noblezone: Bring the words of Jesus and that of Mohammed to Compare and then you will see the difference between
Brutality and Love!
the prophet never ordered us to fight non-muslims, rather, he asked us to lead an examplary life so they can learn and admire and possibly join the religion. God warned us thru muhamad not to destroy what they believe in or worship cos they might in-turn go irreverent towards our God almighty; the msg shld b subtle. When prophet was alive, the then king of abyssinia(present day ethiopia) was a christain and , he was a friend of the prophet. Jesus and muhammad are not enemies;they were both prophet of God and worship the same God.
People like u, like every other nigerian who don't read, live on stereotype to draw conclusion. I'l advice u to read about the prophet b4 u talk about him; as your not doing this depicts ignorance.

noblezone: Do you know why have not retaliated against the jihardists?
Please take a look at the teachings of Jesus!

God bless you!
you have no case here. We have told u upteenth time to seperate actions terrorists from islam, muhammad, and other muslims. U said u pity moderate muslims , but u've not done that by ur generalization and attack on the prophet. We seperate extremist xtains like coptics, orthodox from the moderate xtains in Nigeria. But, xtains in nigeria, due to myopia and shallow-mindedness don't seperate other muslims from terrorists. We're all boko haram in ur eyez. God bless!

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by twosquare(m): 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
scribble:

how does a hijab protect a womans dignity?

What is dignifying about wearing a long black robe and looking like the grim reaper?

Pls break it down sultan nairaland pbuh
i don laugh tire.....grim reaper..... grin they just need the long scythe to make it complete.
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by scribble: 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
like seriously?
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by McWhillion(m): 4:58am On Jul 30, 2014
scribble: we can ban the hijab in cosmopolitan cities and anybody that wants to wear the hijab can go to chibok, sambisa and the likes and wear multi colour hijab for all we care....they should just keep such away from modern cosmopolitan cities...

what is even dignifying about this poo

Bro, this pix got me cracking up
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by McWhillion(m): 5:15am On Jul 30, 2014
caseless: bigot, ur post did not make sense to me. People killed by xtains or in d name of xtainity outnumber those killed in d name of islam. Ur religion is not free of what u accused other of.

Why I'm not here to criticize.... I noticed that some of you Muslims always try to shift/deflect the accusing fingers when sensitive issues like this are raised.
First you gave a ridiculous stat of the population of Muslims in Nigeria and now it's to fabricate lies.
Do you have to go to this extremes all in the name of Religion. Its only a guilty man that tries to find fault in another person when he himself is been accused.
Your case is like that of a child who deliberately lies against his siblings that they are also stealing from the pot of soup.
Prove that what noblezone wrote isn't true and stop this calumny of words.

How do you explain this verse from the Holy Quran

Quran. [5:52] O ye who believe! take not
the Jews and the Christians for friends. They
are friends one to another. And whoso
among you takes them for friends is indeed
one of them. Verily, Allah guides not the
unjust people.

By the way Matthew 12:21 says And in and on His name will the Gentiles (the peoples outside of Israel) set their hopes.

So where do you get your ridiculous quotes from the bible from. You can try bro, but you can never associate Jesus with violence.
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Caseless: 9:17am On Jul 30, 2014
McWhillion:

Why I'm not here to criticize.... I noticed that some of you Muslims always try to shift/deflect the accusing fingers when sensitive issues like this are raised.
First you gave a ridiculous stat of the population of Muslims in Nigeria and now it's to fabricate lies.
Do you have to go to this extremes all in the name of Religion. Its only a guilty man that tries to find fault in another person when he himself is been accused.
Your case is like that of a child who deliberately lies against his siblings that they are also stealing from the pot of soup.
Prove that what noblezone wrote isn't true and stop this calumny of words.

[s]Quran. [5:52] O ye who believe! take not
unjust people.[/s]

By the way Matthew 12:21 says And in and on His name will the Gentiles (the peoples outside of Israel) set their hopes.

So where do you get your ridiculous quotes from the bible from. You can try bro, but you can never associate Jesus with violence.
i did reply noblezone. If you had checked my second post to him, i guess u wldn't have come up with this.
U are a blind liar to fabricate such lie as a verse. We believe in all the prophet of God; those that came b4 jesus and muhammad. Most of this prophets were jews. Prophet married a wife of jewish descent. So , anywhr we see non-violent, kindhearted jews, we're taught by d quran to avoid them?
Again, quran refer to xtains as ahalul-kitab(people of the book), and not xtains in d class of jews. Prophet lived with jews, xtains and other non-muslims. He ate food prepared by a jew. So, what ar u saying?
I quoted verses frm the same gospel(mattew) and u ar using one from there to counter my claim?
Read my second post to noblezone. It is for u too.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by McWhillion(m): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
caseless: i did reply noblezone. If you had checked my second post to him, i guess u wldn't have come up with this.
U are a blind liar to fabricate such lie as a verse. We believe in all the prophet of God; those that came b4 jesus and muhammad. Most of this prophets were jews. Prophet married a wife of jewish descent. So , anywhr we see non-violent, kindhearted jews, we're taught by d quran to avoid them?
Again, quran refer to xtains as ahalul-kitab(people of the book), and not xtains in d class of jews. Prophet lived with jews, xtains and other non-muslims. He ate food prepared by a jew. So, what ar u saying?
I quoted verses frm the same gospel(mattew) and u ar using one from there to counter my claim?
Read my second post to noblezone. It is for u too.

You're a dyed in liar, a very chronic one....
I read all the heresies you wrote by the way.
Why did you lie about what is written in Matthew 12:21.
And if you're so sure of what is in the Qur'an, I dare you to paste on this thread the contents of the Qur'an 5:51.
Stop equivocating and go straight to the point.
Your lies are cancerous only to the gullible, your battle of calumny is lost. Try again.....
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by xynerise: 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
@Caseless. You totally misunderstood Matt 12:21. You interpreted it in a muslim way(Violently). Smh

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by bokoslayer: 4:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
caseless:

jesus said " i came no to send peace, but a sword" (matt. 12 : 21). Should we now judge jesus or xtainity by this? Yes!!
Again, jesus was never killed nor died. If jesus is the saviour/GOD, he cud have saved himself.
NB: i love jesus like i love muhammad.

Why do you people just tell blatant lies just to equate Christianity with your violent religion and its inventor? (FYI - your religion is an invention)

Before, you unclean and dirty things twist the words of the bible, now you just change the wordings and lie out-rightly!

This is what Mathew 12 vs 21 says in three different versions (Read and bury your head in shame, Jesus brought the message of Hope)

And his name will be the hope of all the world - Mathew 12 vs 21 New Living Translation (NLT)

In his name the nations will put their hope - Mathew 12 vs 21 New International Version (NIV)

And in His name Gentiles will trust - Mathew 12 vs 21 New King James Version (NKJV)
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by bokoslayer: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
xynerise: @Caseless. You totally misunderstood Matt 12:21. You intrepreted it in a muslim way(Violently). Smh

He interpreted it with an Islamic brain!!!
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by xynerise: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
bokoslayer:

He interpreted it with an Islamic brain!!!
Even if he meant Matt 10:34, he still misunderstood it
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
profjustine458:
Govt need to ban all dis masqurade pples in
town.
hahahahahaha! Lol

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
See the need to ban this thing?? You never can tell what is underneath

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Caseless: 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
xynerise: @Caseless. You totally misunderstood Matt 12:21. You interpreted it in a muslim way(Violently). Smh
oga mi, na english dem write 4 bible and naso we see am. Abi u ma de doubt bible?
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by xynerise: 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
caseless: oga mi, na english dem write 4 bible and naso we see am. Abi u ma de doubt bible?
Na back of bible you dey read. Wetin you quote no relate to the matter on ground
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by GovWahala: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
caseless: oga mi, na english dem write 4 bible and naso we see am. Abi u ma de doubt bible?
I have noticed that muslims are not intellectually sound, your ways of reasoning is totally messed up.
Seriously Islam is a terrible cancer feasting on and to the detrimental of this world.
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by CharlesPhc: 7:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
Op what about this...!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Caseless: 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
McWhillion:

Quran. [5:52] O ye who believe! take not
unjust people.

the qur'an verse 5:52 says: those whose hearts is a disease-thou seest how eargerly they run about amongst them, saying: we do fear lest a change of fortune bring us disaster ". Perhaps Allah will give (thee) victory , or a decision according to his will. Then will they repent of the thoughts which they secretly haboured in their heart.
You don't knw anything about the qur'an, and u doubt ur own bible or dnt understand ur bible. Whr do u belong?
jst when i was thinking u knew something, you lied against the qur'an. may God forgive you for lying.
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by ChristLight: 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
caseless: I know it will come to this. Those that are bent on seeing islam name mentioned in bad light would stop at nothing to achieve their aims. It's a plot to trigger more islamophobia and bias debate against our choice of dressing as muslims. I know how this attack from 'hijabites' will put our sisters and other well-meaning hijabite under pressure and expose them to harassment from security agents and those brainwashed against islam/muslims.
Another way of turning nigerians against themselves. It seems Boko haram strategy is working; considering the opinion of the OP.
If they can't ban hijab in some countries with high islamophobia and less muslims, then tell me how that is gonna be possible in nigeria where muslims make up about 53% of the population?
OP, if we are fighting boko haram to keep it from islamizing nigeria, then Nigerian muslims will fight(via legal means) to keep ur likes, boko haram(seen as agent against islam) from de-islamizing nigerian muslims.
Dude are u ok @ all? 53%, wher d f~ck did u get dat stat from? You must think we are still in our 90s... Wake up bro
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Caseless: 7:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
GovWahala:
I have noticed that muslims are not intellectually sound, your ways of reasoning is totally messed up.
Seriously Islam is a terrible cancer feasting on and to the detrimental of this world.
moose, to show that u are intellectually arid , u quoted the post i jokinly adressed to xynerise(an e-friend), and ignoring the posts i've used to put everybody on his toes; I gat them looking for their bible.
You made me realise one thing; Nigeria is a country whre ratio of numskulls to intellectual is high. And u displayed this by showing u ar a toad without actually posting any sensible thing to counter me. Who care about ur fawking opinion about islam, hag? I'm a muslim, go and die! Sms!
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by Caseless: 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
xynerise:
Na back of bible you dey read. Wetin you quote no relate to the matter on ground
no make laff 4 here o. Na serious matter b dis grin grin grin
Re: Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities? by McWhillion(m): 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
caseless: the qur'an verse 5:52 says: those whose hearts is a disease-thou seest how eargerly they run about amongst them, saying: we do fear lest a change of fortune bring us disaster ". Perhaps Allah will give (thee) victory , or a decision according to his will. Then will they repent of the thoughts which they secretly haboured in their heart.
You don't knw anything about the qur'an, and u doubt ur own bible or dnt understand ur bible. Whr do u belong?
jst when i was thinking u knew something, you lied against the qur'an. may God forgive you for lying.
Not so fast bro,
It is written in Quran 5:51? My mistake, Paste it here for all to see.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JIMI AGBAJE Or AMBODE? Who Is Best To Lead Lagos State Well / Pictures : Lessons From Libya Before And After! / Nobody Will Vote For You In The Next Election" Fr Mbaka To Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.