Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

My Challenges With Airtel! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Challenges With Airtel! (13691 Views)

Help With Airtel Operamini Bundle / Are You Having Challenges With Any Of Smile 4G LTE Devices? / Activation Of Internet On Blackberry With Airtel Network - How Do I Go About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by valmunich(m): 6:57am On Aug 01, 2014
Bro, na Android u dey use nau, you don forget say 2gb airtel bb plan na 100mb for Android?

1 Like

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by odukoko(m): 7:00am On Aug 01, 2014
Imagin,Had the same exact issue with them of auto renew,after so many calls,promises, their supervisor will call me bla,bla ,bla ,i had since throw way d sim!now mtn on point for me now with their nite plan!
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by manutdadex(m): 7:04am On Aug 01, 2014
no be airtel? Av been their customer close to six years now, had almost d same problem wit dem, i wil av free data, purchased data and airtime at d same time and d three will b charged simautanosly weneva am browsin, had dis problem for 6 good months, wen i was tired of their useless excuses i got realy angry, d last time i calld dem wen an agent was tellin me to take it easy i swear giv d idiot sharpally and i ported to anoda ntwk sharpally, thank God for portin!
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by TinVille: 7:10am On Aug 01, 2014
I'm aware of the auto updates but my main point is the timing.

I subscribed 21/06/2014 by 8:37pm thereabouts meaning it would expire by 21/07/2014 around the exact time (8:37pm thereabouts) and as confirmed by the Contact Centre Rep.

With over N2300 worth of Airtime waiting for auto renewal to be effected, I get (although I still had data left) billed from 10:31pm as confirmed by the several Staff of Airtel. (Meaning the call credit could have been more yet same hassles)

Was my call credit being timed?
Why did the "deactivation message" come on 22/07/2014?

I believe there was a glitch and I shouldn't be made to suffer for it.

18/07/2014, message read I had 7 days to expiration and 19/07/2014 message from Airtel showed I had 3 days to expiration.

Is Airtel saying 19 - 18 = 4?
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Leward(m): 7:16am On Aug 01, 2014
Same Thing Has Happened To Me Twice, First Was When I Was Told That I've Exhausted My Data 5days After Subscription, Whereas My Data Reader Read Just 300mb Out Of 1500mb,complained but nothing happened. Mumu Me Subscribed Again The Next Month, After Dailing The Code, My #1500 was deducted with no confirmation, assumed i'd subscribed and entered nairaland, after 2 clicks, it stopped going.called ccare like hell,but each agent gave me different reasons why it was so, 2 funny ones are;you recharged #1500 on (date), but the money seem to have dissapeared.(no record of what happened to it); and you used it up while browsing (as in, the money had been deducted b4 i started browsing besides how will two clicks on nairaland gulp #1500 and i'm nt using android o) anyway, i borrowed #100 and i stopped using the line,
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by ITbomb(m): 7:25am On Aug 01, 2014
Auto renew only works on BlackBerry devices, other devices will experience different services

You have no case grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:26am On Aug 01, 2014
Port to Glo and have rest of mind. Rocking Glo since 1709 wink

1 Like

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by countsparrow: 7:26am On Aug 01, 2014
Airtel Nigeria... Providing bad services since 2002
I bought an airtel sim not long ago, after registering d sim and waiting for d stipulated time, I decided to insert the sim in my nokia fone, omo neva in my life have I seen all dis torchlite nokia fones restart, d fone keeps restarting from time to time, I tot d fone was faulty or sometin, after some few hours I reverted back to my Wonderful Glo, ALAS!!! D restarting stopped... Even der customer service representatives are so poor in handling issues, like they neva went thru training at all... I give up on dem... Even if I load 20naira and dem give me 10,000naira bonus... MBA!!! I no dey come back

1 Like

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by acorntree(m): 7:37am On Aug 01, 2014
That's why I prefer glo to any other network. Once u exhaust your data ur credit will still remain kampe.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by LadyH(f): 7:40am On Aug 01, 2014
I never recharge my airtel sim when on any data plan. Those guys jes have a thing for sucking up credit. Irris wa. OP I hope u get yo answers.

1 Like

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by homesteady(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2014
Airtel? Na today? Airtel have stolen airtime from me worth up to 1K!
The latest case I had with them was - they gave me free 15MB oh, while I was browsing, they were charging me from my MB and my airtime! I called them many times, they said they'll soon correct the error, that's how I continued browsing until my whole airtime got exhausted, and airtel did not refund me back!
Then another day again, they gave me the free 15MB, I started browsing, and they were still taking from my airtime and my MB, this time around, I was wise enough to take screenshots, I went to their facebook page and reported, then one stupidd robotic animal was answering me!
Airtel are just thieves! Even with evidence that they are stealing, they won't do nothing!

I have about 5 case I'd's with airtel, none have been solved!
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by RikoduoSennin(m): 8:12am On Aug 01, 2014
During my 10 years of using Econect-Vodacom-Vmobile-Celtel-Zain-Airtel, They have not been reliable:

1) Because of sloppy network, I had to switch all my contact in important document/institutions to reflect my MTN line.

2) Because they steal money from my sim account and poor data volume, I had to port to other services like Glo, Mtn. I even refused to recharge for a full year on my Airtel line- I kept it going by receiving calls.

3) Just last month, I recharged, and tried to used it for Modem browsing, they took my money, but I was unable to use the data for modem browsing. Hence, I got read of the line for good and allowing other people to borrow a lot of credit from it with no hope of ever paying back.

There is nothing Good about Airtel line, They take without warning- both credit and data before you use them up.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Kennyslimsteve(m): 8:28am On Aug 01, 2014
If we kip complaining on nairaland nothing would happen hve being a victim mine ws even 1k nd i called dere custumer care xme filthy excuse over nd over again i guess we create an anti-airtel campaing on twitter and facebook dn dey shld cme 2 dere senses
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by rattlesnake(m): 8:34am On Aug 01, 2014
God forbid lemme read all this
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by obaede: 8:39am On Aug 01, 2014
I had worked in that call center close to two years. so, I know exactly what happened on your line base on your information.

Firstly, when your subscription hits expiring time and date, whatever data you have on your account will be cleared. So when that happens, auto renew ought to be effected once you have sufficient balance with your auto renew service active ( some deactivate autorenew at their first subscription). If u have deactivated ur autorenew, ur subscription will not be renewed; forget about the message u got when your subscriptions was about to finish where u were told of ur subscription would be renewed with sufficient balance.

If u are sure that u did not deactivate the autorenew service, then I can conclude that u experienced network error as result of inactive operation of one the system applications. if that is the case, the fault is from the network.

On Airtel Network, if u don't have bb subscription on ur line, ur line will be functioning but u will be billed from ur main account at faster burn rate. and this is what i perceived to be ur experience.

STOP CALLING THE CALL CENTRE, THEY CAN SOLVE YOUR KIND OF ISSUE AND THEY WILL NOT TELL THEY CAN'T.

First of all, call centre does not have the access to refund ya money.

Also, those ones that were logging your complaints were not too experienced. because people they are transferring your issue to will not refund either in as much they find out that the money was not dropped or cleared by the network, it was charges for internet service that was going on on you line after ur bb expiration.

I will only advise you to visit airtel shop. But if u will really take my real advice, I will say Forget and move on. Probability of getting ur money back is one over ten.

I have seen many things that i can say here, but i know table will turn one day. Those one you think that will help u on this are friends with them.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by san316(m): 8:46am On Aug 01, 2014
Airtel dey give bonus o. Their call tariffs are impressive. The prblm is that they have a very BAAAD customer service. The guys no sabi talk, dem go just dey shout 4 person ear and are nt even patient enuf to attend to ur complain. They wil just cut your call and wont cal bk. I just started using dia sim 4 bbm yesterday and i'm on d verge of losing my subscription becos they said my sim was nt properly registered meaning i cnt browse until i re-regster(no guaranty oo) i wil neva do airtel 4 bb again. Amimals.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by ignis: 8:49am On Aug 01, 2014
Op, from the screen shots you uploaded, I can see you are using Airtel blackberry plan on an Android device, which is absolutely wrong from all indications. Am not trying to say Airtel is right for what they did. But all am saying is before you sue or report someone, make sure you did the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2014
Imagine .... In our own country again .... I load #2000 airtime .... Had low ba3 ... After charging ... Cld u believe airtel divided the money into 50/50 ... All dah was left was #1000 .... Again having over 200 Mb data ... The #1000 was being deducted at a geometric rate ... Till they successfully deduct all .... So myriad that have lost count .... Dis s Inhumane .... A letter shd be promulgated to stop dis bullshit ... Or rather they shd be made to pay for their attrocities ....

2 Likes

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by vicero(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2014
NCC has and will never do anything. All the money they collect from telco's as sanction fees for poor services, where does it go to? what happened to the million of Nigerian Subscribers who have been duped by this Teleco's. I am of the opinion that the only way to get true justice is:
1. Either sue the defaulting telco thats is if you have the patience..
2. Expose they on all social media and migrate to another network.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by kultimate009: 9:17am On Aug 01, 2014
MMMG14: Hey brodaaa........as far as BB subcrption is concerned, "AuntySalat" (Etisalat baba) is da best. 1k-3Gig-super fast network-plus 20% of al ya rcharge.

Sowiee bro,koldnt read ur post kos ova long de wori am!

HappyNewMonth Y'all!!!
Abegy.... Just last week, those yeye idiots(Etisalat) deducted almost 900N on my fone in d space of 3 days for whatsapp while I had an active BIS on. I called them and they confirmed their BIS supports whatsapp. The funniest thing is dat d minute I deleted whatsapp 4rm my fone, d deductions stopped. Till nw, I neva see 1 kobo collect bck 4rm dem. All I am trying to say is that THEY ARE ALL FRAUDS(MTN, Glo, Airtel and Etisalat).

1 Like

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by emmydsife(m): 9:26am On Aug 01, 2014
TinVille: I'm aware of the auto updates but my main point is the timing.
I subscribed 21/06/2014 by 8:37pm thereabouts meaning it would expire by 21/07/2014 around the exact time (8:37pm thereabouts) and as confirmed by the Contact Centre Rep.
With over N2300 worth of Airtime waiting for auto renewal to be effected, I get (although I still had data left) billed from 10:31pm as confirmed by the several Staff of Airtel. (Meaning the call credit could have been more yet same hassles)
Was my call credit being timed?
Why did the "deactivation message" come on 22/07/2014?
I believe there was a glitch and I shouldn't be made to suffer for it.
18/07/2014, message read I had 7 days to expiration and 19/07/2014 message from Airtel showed I had 3 days to expiration.
Is Airtel saying 19 - 18 = 4?

Op... Use this number 08002255622 to call NCC relay ur displeasure in airtel service by explaining what happened. They will ask for the ticket ID airtel gave u... Cos with that they will contact airtel in your behave. I promise u will get a quick and satisfactory response.
Pls, whenever you call the call centre of any network and it is a data related issue, ask who ever picked ur call to patch u through to data helpdesk. Those at call centre are novice.... There knowledge about the organisation they work for is limited. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by sundayevans(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2014
kultimate009: Abegy.... Just last week, those yeye idiots(Etisalat) deducted almost 900N on my fone in d space of 3 days for whatsapp while I had an active BIS on. I called them and they confirmed their BIS supports whatsapp. The funniest thing is dat d minute I deleted whatsapp 4rm my fone, d deductions stopped. Till nw, I neva see 1 kobo collect bck 4rm dem. All I am trying to say is that THEY ARE ALL FRAUDS(MTN, Glo, Airtel and Etisalat).
I think Glo is the best though I use etisalat on my BB..
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Haggadah: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2014
Na wah o.. Wanted subscribing today thank God.... Please anybody knows how to do glo 3gb plan on android heard that one works better.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 01, 2014
For those who dont understand the bits and bytes calculation.
Here is the ugly truth about airtel.

When you buy this advertised 2GB, be aware that you are buying 1GB in reality.
their metric has been adjusted for this plan.
to confirm, check you android data usage history prior to buying this plan and after.

Just be aware.

2 Likes

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by garba(m): 9:59am On Aug 01, 2014
why did you leave your data open with only 200mb to go? and using auto renewal is a stupid thing to do, even on other networks.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by garba(m): 10:07am On Aug 01, 2014
sumbody400: Imagine .... In our own country again .... I load #2000 airtime .... Had low ba3 ... After charging ... Cld u believe airtel divided the money into 50/50 ... All dah was left was #1000 .... Again having over 200 Mb data ... The #1000 was being deducted at a geometric rate ... Till they successfully deduct all .... So myriad that have lost count .... Dis s Inhumane .... A letter shd be promulgated to stop dis bullshit ... Or rather they shd be made to pay for their attrocities ....
Lolzzz this guy sabi make person laugh! grin
sumbody400: Imagine .... In our own country again .... I load #2000 airtime .... Had low ba3 ... After charging ... Cld u believe airtel divided the money into 50/50 ... All dah was left was #1000 .... Again having over 200 Mb data ... The #1000 was being deducted at a geometric rate ... Till they successfully deduct all .... So myriad that have lost count .... Dis s Inhumane .... A letter shd be promulgated to stop dis bullshit ... Or rather they shd be made to pay for their attrocities ....
Lolzzz this guy sabi make person laugh!
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by twinstaiye(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2014
Contact NCC anytime you are having problems with your network operator. Visit this link for details.
http://consumer.ncc.gov.ng/pages.asp?pageid=82
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by OlaseweAdu: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2014
Hello TinVille, I had a similar issue and i kept calling customer care with no hope. Eventually, I was helped on Twitter. Just send your phone number to @AirtelNigeria on Twitter for help.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by zeemore: 10:31am On Aug 01, 2014
TinVille: Hello Nairalanders,

I'd appreciate direction(s) on how to channel my issues with the Airtel network since stories brought to the public get due attention.

On 21/06/2014 at about 8:31PM, I got a confirmation message from Airtel concerning my Unlimited Blackberry data subscription. I was also informed about the expiration which would be effected on the 21/07/2014 further stating the code to revert IF I wasn't interested in "Auto-renewal".

Fast forward to 18/07/2014 by 5:16PM (not minding Airtel's notification messages about the so called upgrades on their network), I got a reminder about the expiration of my mobile data in 7days to be effective 21/07/2014 further advising I reload my line with N1500. On the 19/07/2014 by 2:21AM, I got same message stating expiration of my mobile data in 3 days still advising I reload my line with N1500.

All these while, I was certain of the expiration date yet I had enough data on my mobile device to carry through end of 21/07/2014. On 21/07/2014 by 9:42AM, I made certain my line was credited with N2000 hence a call credit of N2395.51 was available. All these in anticipation of the autorenewal subscription to take place while I still have enough credit for calls.

By the evening of 21/07/2014 past 11:35PM having used data from previous subscription, I still had well over 200MB of data (used the *123*9# to confirm). In a short time, I dozed off and woke with the hope that the autorenewal would have been effected on my account but to my amazement, everything was zero(ed). Call credit 0, mobile data 0. If possible, Airtel would have run it to a negative.

From the 22/07/2014 till the 26/07/2014, I've made several calls to the Airtel Contact Centre where I stated all of these happenings. First time, my complaint was logged and I got a confirmation message. There was a message later stating this had been resolved and if I was satisfied, I reply with a YES or NO. I checked my balances and data yet there was no refund and I responded with a NO. Called their contact centre a short while after and I got an excuse that from 10:31PM on 21/07/2014 thereabouts, I was being billed from my call credit since I had "exhausted" my previous mobile data. Note this was the same message I received the second time when I called and a sound fellow listened attentively, took notes and opened another case file. Unfortunately for me, it was same result and same excuse about being billed from my call credit as my mobile data had been exhausted.

I wasn't comfortable with the excuses and it was from further probing I was informed about the time of the billing which obvioulsy didn't tally with the information I had when I checked my call credit before sleeping. It is also sad to say that I got more of promises and undeliveries from the Staff at the Contact centre (I'll call you back or I'd have my supervisor call you back when it was beyond them. At some point, I had to decline anyone calling me if they were gonna give me stories and not refund my money).

Apparently, Airtel had been having so much upgrades and sending messages to that effect even an upgrade was done on the same network from 12AM to 7AM on July 20th and 12AM to 7AM on July 21st 2014. Data service disruption was a possibility at these points and whether it is part of the problem or the problem itself, I don't know. Airtel has severally declined it is their problem or mistake instead pushed it to me still insisting I used data passed what I had and had to be billed directly.

Since my last call on 26/07/2014, I asked these questions and I'm still waiting for their robust response;

1. If I had enough data more than 200MB on the expected day of expiration by 11:35PM 21/07/2014, how then was it exhausted and how come I was billed directly from my mobile device?
2. Assuming (I am assuming based on Airtel's information) I was really billed from 10:31PM 21/07/2014 for data directly from my call credit, why didn't the autorenewal take effect at the stipulated time of 8:21PM by 21/07/2014?

On my other line, when reminded of data expiration and advised to subscribe, this takes effect at the stipulated period with incentive of more days. (i.e. longer days for same amount of data assuming you aren't the type to consume loads before 30 days - 30 + x days when autorenewed)

I have stopped calling the Airtel Contact Centre, I'm yet to credit my line as I'm not ready to start on how this has affected my business dealings on all fronts. Good thing for competition! However, I am not ready to let this slide easy as whatever investigation it would take to get this resolved, I'm up for it. Let Airtel convince me why I was wrongfully debited as what I recharged for didn't take effect. It may have happened to someone else and can happen to anyone tomorrow yet we keep quiet. Another funny ish is, if they could zap more than N2300 overnight, then could as well zap N5,000 and more suppose this was available in the phone.

Once again, I'd appreciate a direction on where to channel this to get a swift response. And to think I've stayed loyal on the network for 8 years thereabouts.

Airtel where's my money?!

(I've uploaded screenshots of the messages received from Airtel with the date and time and something to note about the second second case file where I was asked to respond with a YES or NO, I hadn't responded yet I was being thanked for contacting them. This is evident when I responded with a NO and got same message. Lastly, you'd notice I was DEACTIVATED on the 22/07/2014 by 6:27PM. Why did it take till that time?)

Sorry for your plight. But at this juncture, you certainly do not have a case. Why should you use your Android phone to subscribe to a Blackbeery plan? You even uploaded pictures (LOL). You just shot yourself in the foot. grin
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Sylverkenz(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2014
Gionee P2s 1gb Ram!!! for sale Rivers State for 13000 call 07037869230
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Leward(m): 10:48am On Aug 01, 2014
sundayevans: I think Glo is the best though I use etisalat on my BB..
pls can you use wifi/tether your bb with your laptop to browse using etisalat?
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by timbros(m): 11:01am On Aug 01, 2014
Sylverkenz: Gionee P2s 1gb Ram!!! for sale Rivers State for 13000 call 07037869230

Are you in PH? How new is the phone? Why are you selling it?

Whatsapp me on 07030365981 let's talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Camera Test: Tecno Camon C8 13MP Camera Image Quality That Will WOW You / I Need To Download A File Of 14gb, Which Data Plan Is Best Suited For This? / Which Launcher Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.