Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

My Challenges With Airtel! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Challenges With Airtel! (13719 Views)

Help With Airtel Operamini Bundle / Are You Having Challenges With Any Of Smile 4G LTE Devices? / Activation Of Internet On Blackberry With Airtel Network - How Do I Go About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by duby91(m): 11:12am On Aug 01, 2014
countsparrow: Airtel Nigeria... Providing bad services since 2002
I bought an airtel sim not long ago, after registering d sim and waiting for d stipulated time, I decided to insert the sim in my nokia fone, omo neva in my life have I seen all dis torchlite nokia fones restart, d fone keeps restarting from time to time, I tot d fone was faulty or sometin, after some few hours I reverted back to my Wonderful Glo, ALAS!!! D restarting stopped... Even der customer service representatives are so poor in handling issues, like they neva went thru training at all... I give up on dem... Even if I load 20naira and dem give me 10,000naira bonus... MBA!!! I no dey come back

Lmaoooo...dude ur funny.

1 Like

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Sylverkenz(m): 11:16am On Aug 01, 2014
timbros:

Are you in PH? How new is the phone? Why are you selling it?

Whatsapp me on 07030365981 let's talk.
its 3 week old I bought it on the 8th of July
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by sundayevans(m): 11:18am On Aug 01, 2014
Leward:
pls can you use wifi/tether your bb with your laptop to browse using etisalat?
I haven't tried it yet, I only hotspot my friends that are using BB.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 01, 2014
My own happened last week I lost 1500 too
Was told I should have sent deactivate to 440 before loading another one. I never used to send deactivate before. Once my data finiishes I just load and send but because they were doing one useless upgrade it affected everything. I called customer care for upto 2 hours before someone finally picked and they blamed me at the end of it. They did not refund anything. Airtel is the most useless network. I just switched when I bought an android. Never had such problems wiv Mtn.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by timbros(m): 11:28am On Aug 01, 2014
Sylverkenz:
its 3 week old I bought it on the 8th of July

Which accessories come with it?
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Sylverkenz(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2014
timbros:

Which accessories come with it?
It came with charger nd earphone and rubber case no mcard
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by abduldope(m): 11:37am On Aug 01, 2014
Olekumaster: na wetin consign me sef?
notin go concern u bt I promise u surely ur turn wld reach nd den u wld knw if it concerns u or NT
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by TinVille: 11:43am On Aug 01, 2014
I knew we had to have so many issues like this and more. Try to calculate the few complains here and approximate the amount for few Airtel subscribers (say N200 x 100,000) on data bundle alone. shocked

twinstaiye: Contact NCC anytime you are having problems with your network operator. Visit this link for details.
http://consumer.ncc.gov.ng/pages.asp?pageid=82

emmydsife:
Op... Use this number 08002255622 to call NCC relay ur displeasure in airtel service by explaining what happened. They will ask for the ticket ID airtel gave u... Cos with that they will contact airtel in your behave. I promise u will get a quick and satisfactory response.
Pls, whenever you call the call centre of any network and it is a data related issue, ask who ever picked ur call to patch u through to data helpdesk. Those at call centre are novice.... There knowledge about the organisation they work for is limited. Thanks.

The feebacks expected, will definitely explore these channels and more outlined earlier and I hope others with same dilemma use them too. Obrigado!

For those saying Auto-renewal isn't guaranteed, I've been using Airtel since it was Celtel and till it had to be cut into a microSIM, I never bothered changing SIMs. Also, I have had previous plans auto-renewed and will provide screenshots later. (That their IT/network has lapses shouldn't be my problem instead see it as a bank where you shouldn't have fears about your money).

As for the Contact Centre Agents, know the names of 3 or 4 of them. The last one doesn't know the job.

1 Like

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Raypawer(m): 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
long story, but thank God I didn't subscribe this morning that I wanted to..... my
2k goes back to my pocket!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by write2obi(m): 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
Adeoba10: Bro, u don forget to tell us say na blackberry u subscribed for, na android u dey use am for. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Ebola shut up ur mouth tongue
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
guyz Airtel Auto renewal no dey work oooooooooooooooooooo! since 18BC selc grin grin grin
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by ihedinobi2: 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
emmydsife:

Op... [size=45pt]Use this number 08002255622 to call NCC[/size] relay ur displeasure in airtel service by explaining what happened. They will ask for the ticket ID airtel gave u... Cos with that they will contact airtel in your behave. I promise u will get a quick and satisfactory response.
[size=45pt]Pls, whenever you call the call centre of any network and it is a data related issue, ask who ever picked ur call to patch u through to data helpdesk[/size]. Those at call centre are novice.... There knowledge about the organisation they work for is limited. Thanks.
Bros, is the number only for Airtel issues? There are complaints about the other carriers too. What other numbers should anyone use for the others?

@enlarged text, Has anyone tried either of these or both?
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by ihedinobi2: 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
garba: why did you leave your data open with only 200mb to go? and using auto renewal is a stupid thing to do, even on other networks.
Why should he not leave it open? And what is stüpid about using auto renewal? Are the carriers supposed to be thieves? Do you buy their products for them to use them to rob you blind?
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by ihedinobi2: 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
twinstaiye: Contact NCC anytime you are having problems with your network operator. Visit this link for details.
http://consumer.ncc.gov.ng/pages.asp?pageid=82

Any experiences with this link, anyone?
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by ihedinobi2: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
OlaseweAdu: Hello TinVille, [size=58pt]I had a similar issue and i kept calling customer care with no hope. Eventually, I was helped on Twitter. Just send your phone number to @AirtelNigeria on Twitter for help[/size].

Just so it's not missed. I don't know any legitimate business that likes a bad name or bad publicity.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by ihedinobi2: 1:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
zeemore:

Sorry for your plight. But at this juncture, you certainly do not have a case. Why should you use your Android phone to subscribe to a Blackbeery plan? You even uploaded pictures (LOL). You just shot yourself in the foot. grin

I don't see where he said it's an Android device he's using. Where did you get the information?
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
Olekumaster: na wetin consign me sef?
guy madness dey ur gin ooo
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
I love. my MTN
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by TinVille: 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
I'm yet to make contacts with the above advised contacts but less than 30 minutes ago, I received a call from a Staff of Airtel saying he was told to address my complaint.

After all apologies, he said data of 1GB had been assigned to me but I refused (cos that's not my problem). Upon request, I asked that the exact funds be returned to me while I initiate the plan myself and still have my call credit. Promised to call back and consulted his superiors (I guess).

...My Nairalanders, anything is possible in this day and age and never give up on what is yours. Figures don't lie and all you need is proof to back up claims then knowing what to do.

Thanks to the mods who contributed/moved this to the frontpage and for all those who took time to read and contribute as well.

The screenshot says the rest...

1 Like

Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Leward(m): 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
sundayevans: I haven't tried it yet, I only hotspot my friends that are using BB.

k thanks
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by slap1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
sundayevans: I haven't tried it yet, I only hotspot my friends that are using BB.
BB to BB or BB to Android? How is that done?
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by stephenponti(m): 4:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
Just this week I ported away from Airtel
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Dahkogrin007(m): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
pelvicky: Op,am a qualify and competent lawyer,if u don't mind i can help you to win this case with Airtel, and ur credit will be back

i did nt read ur post finish,,long tori nw
a lawyer claming a story is long...u r a liar bro
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by henryutd(m): 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
GLO is still owing me #1000 till tomorrow. They are all same.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Adeoba10(m): 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
write2obi:
Ebola shut up ur mouth tongue
Hehehehehehe... No wonder Airtel dey ziphon ur credit with straw.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by 1stUnique(m): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
Yeye network. They are just so useless.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Sylverkenz(m): 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
Gionee P2S 1gb ram ...... for sale 13000 call or
whatsapp 07037869230
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by gabolz(m): 10:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
Get a lawyer
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by Yewandequeen(f): 11:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Bros, is the number only for Airtel issues? There are complaints about the other carriers too. What other numbers should anyone use for the others?

@enlarged text, Has anyone tried either of these or both?

that's not true dear
that you have talked to some agents and you believe they don't know what they are doing doesn't mean all the agents are novice

am sure if you're in their position you will know it's not easy being an agent.
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by wunmi2odun(m): 11:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
NaLaugh: o boy, see story for the gods.

#BRINGBACKOURCREDIT
grin grin grin
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by ihedinobi2: 7:22am On Aug 03, 2014
Yewandequeen:

that's not true dear
that you have talked to some agents and you believe they don't know what they are doing doesn't mean all the agents are novice

am sure if you're in their position you will know it's not easy being an agent.

Was it me you meant to reply, ma'am?
Re: My Challenges With Airtel! by zeemore: 9:30am On Aug 04, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I don't see where he said it's an Android device he's using. Where did you get the information?

Look at his screen shots. It's an android device

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Infinix To Launch 160 Watts Fast Charging Smartphone / Zain Internet Setting On Phones For Normal Browsing? / Camera Test: Tecno Camon C8 13MP Camera Image Quality That Will WOW You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.