Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,915 members, 7,956,438 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:59 AM

Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram (40844 Views)

In Cameroon, Two Boys Killed By Boko Haram Suicide Bombers (Graphic Pic) / Captain Yari Emmanuel Killed By Boko Haram Terrorists (Photos) / Man Arrested For Overtaking Ugandan's Vice President's Convoy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by ignis: 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hope Nigeria is learning...
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by ElPhenomenal(m): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
If they had kidnapped a child of one of the elite in Nigeria,that's when we will know that our defence department is quite strong. The thing is they don't really care about the masses

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by tunde1200(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
What is good in that over 15 peoples lost there life in the process of recuing on person guy think now!
soright4life: good
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by tunde1200(m): 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
oniconx: Really? Sacrifice 16 souls to rescue 1. Nairaland people and their comments I weak o.

I tire for peoples here ooooo

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by oladosuphemmy: 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
pls hit like if u think Nig govt need to show competence
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by rigarmortis: 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
Some ppl here are praising cameroon, implying that nigeria is faring worse in all aspects...this is worse.

The economy, security, living standards, everything is not upto nigerias, before you praise them, dig deeper.

The woman could have been ransomed, it could be another group and not boko, it could be staged, the fact that the woman could be kidnapped in her home says a lot about their security...

Another thing is that kidnappers find it hard to keep a low profile after a high profile kidnap like this.....remember obasanjos daughter and jonathans uncle and the rest...all rescued.....

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Sheggy13(m): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
earthgreeners: See better country...Our own mr clueless woulda been busy pointing fingers at opposition
Don't mind them.. they're not serious about fighting the insurgency.. it's a blessing in disguise for them, at least they have an alibi to embezzle and incessantly demand funds as they wish under the guise of fighting insurgency.. are we saying if all the girls kidnapped were Jonathan and Sambo's relatives, they wouldn't have been rescued all this while? The so-called first lady after intimidating parents of the girls had the temerity to shed crocodile tears on national TV when she knows she has effed up..quite pathetic...
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Christoskurion: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
Thank God for such fast success. However,a careful analysis undoubtedly proves that Nigerian military is the most competent in Africa. The only thing is that unity is an inevitable force of victory. So,lets do away with most of these hasty conclusions and learn how to make suggestions that can help to proffer solution to our problem.
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by emmasege: 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
It's all a function of Oga at the top i.e. Commander-in-Chief. Paul Biya no be gentle man and e no dey take non sense. I respect Jonathan a lot and would still like him to rule beyond 2015 in the interest of national unity, but i dont like the way he's handled this insurgency over time particularly the issue of Chibok girls. It's unfortunate the girls have found themselves in the Lion's den, but if truth must be told, the C-in-C should have ordered a full military operation in rescue of the girls within the first 48 hours of their abduction. Yes, lives would be lost on both sides as have been lost in the rescue of Cameroun DPM's wife, but then some of the girls would have still been rescued alive and BH would have been seriously dealt with and decimated. Nigeria and the girls' families seem to have lost immensely by delaying the rescue operations in the name of not wanting to hurt the girls. Yorubas have an adage that "Omo eni ku, o san ju omo eni nu lo" i.e. it's better to know that one's child is dead than to have him/her kidnapped. Some of the dead parents could have still survived the trauma if they knew that their wards were either dead or alive and not being molested and mishandled by demons in human flesh. And who knows if the new spate of teenage suicide bombers wouldn't have resulted.
superior1: May God not allow war between Nigeria and Cameroon, their Army are smarter and more efficient

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by decasey(m): 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
oniconx: Guy,on point. Same Nigerian commentators would be crying foul now if it is nigerian vp wife rescued in like fashion!
Bros if does BH guys ar short weapon' all wat day do is 2 go into cameroon 2 kidnap one or 2 public figure, b4 u no it ransom will be payed 2 dem(BH) n day will use d money 2 acquire more weapon,dis shows dat cameroon is very venerable in time day will start will attacking villages, killing harmless wemen n children at night, n dis is 2 show dat nigerian military is wining d war.....I weep wen I read tru some persons comment here it is so irritating, may GOD help dem.
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by groovie(m): 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Guys, its already a slap on their security agents that the woman was kidnnaped.imagine they kidnap US secretary of state today, what will happen?i know we need those girls back badly but castigating the NA wont solve anything. I know a few guys in the NA and i tell u, these guys are ready to kick ass any minute they are called upon.
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
McLuhan: For long will you blame other people for your problems?
and who do you refer to as ''YOU''?
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Akinsz: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Since NA is useless, why dont we hire cameroonian soldiers to do the job for us. Abi ewo ni were...
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by supereagle(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
Goodluck forever in Nigeria.
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Orikinla(m): 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
amnestylaw1: Strategic actions taken by a strategic government.

To rescue ordinary school girls is science fiction to the Nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by heilige(m): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Cameroon will defeat the Nigerian Army yesterday today and tomorow, because they got the French backing.
Can`t you see that France don`t joke with their former colonies. They got interest there.
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Alexk2(m): 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
i wonder why some people rush to condemn our army without reading through..."16 people lost their lives in the process"..how many pple was kidnapped in the first place?....so, because they recued the wife of deputy prime minister, itz now a successful operation?
how do you define efficiency?

Abt our girls and army:
first, our girls are nolonger missing because we all know where they are(in the hand of those stupid militants)...abt the locatn/s, i'm sure our army are well informed abt that..
our army are more intelligent enough as to avoid the lost of the girls. these pple are rascals and will be ready to waste there lives if our army try anything close to direct rescue effort.
What i strongly think we should do is dialogue with them as requested by sakau. letz give them there wifes in exchange for our girls...thereafter, we'll use any military option to flush them out.
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by franksunny(m): 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
Forget politics, a deal has been struck. BH just passed a massage and i'm thinking Cameroun has bought it
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by heilige(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
If Buhari were to be in Power, Sambesi forest would have been burnt down by now.
We know what he did in chad basin decades ago.
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by benzion72(m): 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
Camoroun did not blame their own opposition or called it stage managed or supporter of APC. They go for the jugular of the kidnapper and rescue the innocent woman. America with their seal invade Pakistan, violate their soverignity and take Osama bin laden. Our slow poke, slow motion, JEG is still looking for who to blame for his woe.
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Icecomrade: 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
oniconx: Really? Sacrifice 16 souls to rescue 1. Nairaland
people and their comments I weak o.

You are mind is too cheap to understand the political implication of conbatant enemy/terrorist taking out a country leadership.
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Samunique(m): 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
rigarmortis: Some ppl here are praising cameroon, implying that nigeria is faring worse in all aspects...this is worse.

The economy, security, living standards, everything is not upto nigerias, before you praise them, dig deeper.

The woman could have been ransomed, it could be another group and not boko, it could be staged, the fact that the woman could be kidnapped in her home says a lot about their security...

Another thing is that kidnappers find it hard to keep a low profile after a high profile kidnap like this.....remember obasanjos daughter and jonathans uncle and the rest...all rescued.....
U are the most sensible person here.
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by duni04(m): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
Deeman87: they have already located d girls, somewher in sambisa forest acordin to report.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/weve-located-abducted-chibok-girls-defence-chief/
things r not goin well...I pity 4 dis country.
Lol and you believe them? you're a dunce! i'm very sure you voted for jonathan
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by ooshinibos: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
soright4life: This is a slap on Nigeria defence, what they can't do in months, Cameroon did it in days.

FTC on my mind

Stop worrying yourself , we dont have an army or a police
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by cleric(m): 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
superior1: May God not allow war between Nigeria and Cameroon, their Army are smarter and more efficient

Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by manutdadex(m): 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
DaBullIT:
Bros , God forbid , God forbid , if one person for your street , person way you sabi wella come your house come carry your sister / your Pikin and you get guns and guys way fit help you , shey you go wait for police to help you rescue your family ? What Cameroonian army did is the correct definition of a kii lórí ka dé fìlà s'ésè

Those under 18 female suicide bombers bombing places all about , how do we know that they are not some of the kidnapped girls ?

While the Ng govt is busy pointing fingers requesting for loan and fake intelligence gathering , little girls are being raped , killed converted by force and used as pawns

It is quite possible that Cameronian government paid a ransome , the reason why we are all commenting is because they said their military rescued the VP . if FG pays ransom for these girls , they can seek the help and support of international bodies to trace the money , like someone mentioned on here ,in the movie strike back best thing to to is follow the money

Shikenah
BH has neva asked for money in Nigeria! U dont knw these guys. Cameroon army dey try but ours face harder tasks everyday! At first y dem go kidnap vice.pm wife dat speaks so much of d security situation in africa as whole? Nigeria get hope die! For me those girls(chibok) are no longer our girls again! If my family dey there self we go don do burial for am. Even if them come back wat kind of citizen dem go be? I go always blame people in d north! Wen BH started they were happy because their primary targets den were churches and now? God will always protect His

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by idee91: 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
It took Cameron 2 days to rescue 1 person...
Goodluck jonathan 130days rescued zero (0) chibok girls
Hmmmm.... Na only God go help naija... our leaders wan use religion divide us, just because of power.....
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by halmeyd(m): 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
yousee: Has anyone watched this seasonal film, STRIKE BACK?
yeah! Damien scot nd micheal stonebridge
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by rigarmortis: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
Akinsz: Since NA is useless, why dont we hire cameroonian soldiers to do the job for us. Abi ewo ni were...

If it takes 16 camerounian soldiers to die before a person is rescued, calculate how many soldiers you need to rescue 219 girls......

Its 219 multiplied by 16 plus or minus a few more lives....

Do the math
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by JEITO: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
The Nigerian army are more humane. They are considerate of the civilian casualty that may be involved. Unlike the brutish cameroonian army that rammed through everything in its way whether innocent or guilty.
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by 3kay945(m): 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
Descartes: Don't get it twisted wink
Let's do some Arithmetic here, tongue
If 16soldiers are sacrificed to rescue 1 person, cool
How many Nigerian soldiers will be sacrified for 200 Chibok girls
Solution:
Let the number of soldiers to be sacrifced be x
Then 1Chibok girl= 16 soldiers
Therefore 200 chiboks= x soldiers
x= 200×16= 3200 'gallant' soldiers are required for the Rescue Mission.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
The Doom of any Sovereinty Nation is when her Military is ridden with Corruption and Incompetence— Descartes™2014
cool

grin
grin cheesy
Re: Cameroon Rescues Vice Pm’s Wife Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Descartes: 2:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
3kay945:

grin
grin cheesy
Omo this one no be laffing matter cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Australia Welcomes 2021 With Sydney Fireworks Display / Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Ukraine Left Alone To Fight Russia, 137 Dead / Togo President, Faure Gnassingbe Abolishes Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.