Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? (2209 Views)

Woman Delivers A Bible And A Baby In Osun State - NTA [PICS+VIDEO] / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / God bless all Mothers. Amen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
I can not submit to my husband in everything. As much as I'm a christian, i'm also logical. He cannot wake up and tell me to go and kill my parents (or anyone at that) or go sleep with another man for money and I will oblige. That itself (murder and adultery) is a sin. So, which comes first? Obeying the Lord or the husband?

Fortunately, i'm not one of those fire spitting Christians that swallow whatever they are told hook, line and sinker. I worship God with my senses intact. That includes how I live my life and submit to my husband.

Ps: Everyone, the question is: wives can you submit to your husbands according to God's standards stated in the bible? Husbands, can you love, honor and give yourselves to your wives according to God's standards too? No need for the preaching abeg.

You guys should not make this thread all about gender equality/feminism etal. Everyone should state their honest opinions as regards how far they can apply God's words in their marriages.

3 Likes

Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by babygirlfl: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Phema: I can not submit to my husband in everything. As much as I'm a christian, i'm also logical. He cannot wake up and tell me to go and kill my parents (or anyone at that) or go sleep with another man for money and I will oblige. That itself (murder and adultery) is a sin. So, which comes first? Obeying the Lord or the husband?

Fortunately, i'm not one of those fire spitting Christians that swallow whatever they are told hook, line and sinker. I worship God with my senses intact. That includes how I live my life and submit to my husband.

Ps: Everyone, the question is: wives can you submit to your husbands according to God's standards stated in the bible? Husbands, can you love, honor and give yourselves to your wives according to God's standards too? No need for the preaching abeg.

You guys should not make this thread all about gender equality/feminism etal. Everyone should state their honest opinions as regards how far they can apply God's words in their marriages.

Thank you very much for your honest answer and most especially for reminding our nairalanders of what the topic is all about.
Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by bellong: 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
babygirlfl:

My question is CAN you (a woman) submit to your husband like above and CAN you (a man ) love your wife like above?

YES
Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by babygirlfl: 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
bellong:

YES

Would you die for your wife?
Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by bellong: 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
babygirlfl:

Would you die for your wife?

I have been dying for her since I married her about three years ago....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by pickabeau1: 1:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
bellong:

Classic!

1 Like

Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
bellong:

grin grin

Cheeky Mr Bellong! grin

Very good one!

1 Like

Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by bellong: 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

Classic!

ileobatojo:

grin grin
Cheeky Mr Bellong! grin
Very good one!

Merci... cheesy cheesy
Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by 5minsmadness: 1:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
aisha2:

Toh, to answer your question, its subjective.
The man could have been upset or it could have been in a burst of anger during a fight, mean things sha to say to your spouse.

One cannot catergorically say if he loves or doesnt love his wife from this one paragraph, she may have been holding his collar, calling him "useless" at that moment too so its hard to just decide if he loves his wife out of context. More information will be helpful as what led to his saying that. If he says those kind of word often or if this just happened this one time, is he having an ongoing quarrel with his wife? Did she cheat or hurt him?

However adults should learn to control themselves and what they say to each other
Seriously, I would marry you if I had the chance.
Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by bukatyne(f): 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
5minsmadness:

Seriously, I would marry you if I had the chance.

Marry a feminist?

You sure?

@Bellong,

Nice one

4 Likes

Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by 5minsmadness: 1:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
bellong:

Best response of the week!

1 Like

Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by 5minsmadness: 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
bukatyne:

Marry a feminist?

You sure?

@Bellong,

Nice one

If aisha2 is a feminist them she is one of the most fairest cleverest and objectivest feminist in the world and I wouldn't mind putting up with her at all.

1 Like

Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by Mamaflex(f): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
aisha2:

Toh, to answer your question, its subjective.
The man could have been upset or it could have been in a burst of anger during a fight, mean things sha to say to your spouse.

One cannot catergorically say if he loves or doesnt love his wife from this one paragraph, she may have been holding his collar, calling him "useless" at that moment too so its hard to just decide if he loves his wife out of context. More information will be helpful as what led to his saying that. If he says those kind of word often or if this just happened this one time, is he having an ongoing quarrel with his wife? Did she cheat or hurt him?

However adults should learn to control themselves and what they say to each other
yes he says those kind of words often. Over any slighted provocation like I called on you once and you didt answer, I had to cal you twice b4 you do. (of which she answered d first time maybe he didn't hear) No. The wife didn't cheat or hurt him. SO, IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS DOES THE MAN LOVE HIS WIFE?
Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by bukatyne(f): 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2014
5minsmadness:

If aisha2 is a feminist them she is one of the most fairest cleverest and objectivest feminist in the world and I wouldn't mind putting up with her at all.

The bolded na wa; sounds like managing

@ Post: It is good you know that not everyone in a particular group is the same cheesy

Great weekend cheesy
Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by 5minsmadness: 3:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
bukatyne:

The bolded na wa; sounds like managing

@ Post: It is good you know that not everyone in a particular group is the same cheesy

Great weekend cheesy
No matter what I say you'll find a way to keep twisting my words. You are good at it.

Bottom line: her comments are very mature and I admire her a lot.

1 Like

Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by bukatyne(f): 3:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
5minsmadness:

No matter what I say you'll find a way to keep twisting my words. You are good at it.

Bottom line: her comments are very mature and I admire her a lot.

Really?

That's good

if you need word twisting services, I am available wink
Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by 5minsmadness: 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2014
Christianity is all about faith and trying.

You have faith that all things will work out well for you no.matter the obstacles youay physically see at the time.

You try to do what the bible teaches. It should be your guiding principle. As humans you are not perfect and will fail once in a while but you get right back up and try again. It's a lifetime process.

You do not fail deliberately. If you do then you are not really trying.

If wives submit to thier husbands and husbands love thier wives, there will be fewer divorces.

I keep saying on this forum that marriage is not for YOU but for the OTHER person. As a guy you are marrying this lady because you love her and you want to make HER LIFE better. As a girl you are marrying this guy because you love him and want to make HIS LIFE better.
That's the point of marriage. Not competition or head and neck theories. Anything that doesn't follow the SELFLESS principle will crash and burn.

1 Like

Re: Men/women Can We Really Love/submit Respectivelly As The Bible States? by babygirlfl: 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
bellong:

Lovely.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before I Go Crazy..someone Should Read My Story / What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Men Are Of No Value Without Money. True Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.