Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,838 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

God bless all Mothers. Amen - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / God bless all Mothers. Amen (14033 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / 4 Women Claim To Be MIC Okusanya's Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

God bless all Mothers. Amen by phabulous88(m): 9:27am On Oct 17, 2014
God bless all Mothers. Amen
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Onlinebizexpert(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2014
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Janet101(f): 10:37am On Oct 17, 2014
see ur mouth grin, ask ur mum

2 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by smartmom(f): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2014
Dont let us sweat this. Do only one simple thing, swallow one small lime and wait to poo it out the next day. Give us an update. Mind you I didnt recommend a grape fruit o. Compare a baby's head with the lime when you are having an easy time pooing shikena grin

19 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
This Op sha...
Well, u can confirm the outcome of the research by asking ur momma...

5 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by AdimGreat(f): 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
I won't take u serious @op. Not until God allows you guys have a feel of that experience.

Until you can conceive and go through child birth, pls keep your research to yourself and yarn better gist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by prettiest1(f): 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2014
May God forgive and forget this op and the researchers for saying what they have not had any experience about.

1 Like

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
I knew this a long time ago.

Women generally can't withstand pain and as such, it's only natural they over hype the pain of childbirth.

As a simple experiment, pick ten secondary school students. Five boys and five girls will be better. As much as you can, beat them equally, say ten strokes of cane each.

Simply watch the reaction of both sexes

10 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Amuga(f): 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
Child birth not painful? I dont know what to tell this op. You think is the same as going to pass excreta abi.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
Amuga:
Child birth not painful? I dont know what to tell this op. You think is the same as going to pass excreta abi.

He never said the bolded neither did the research say so.

1 Like

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Amuga(f): 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:

He never said the bolded neither did the research say so.
He can as well say not even painful at all. The pains is not something you can explain. And stop using the example you gave (to flog the girls and see their reactions afterwards) as a basis for this. (dont mind my typo error, breastfeedin and typin at d same time
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by flyingdutchman(m): 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
Have had of the Hebrew woman? It is said that she has a higher threshold of pain- much more than women of other races
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
Amuga:
He can as well say not even painful at all. The pains is not something you can explain. And stop using the example you gave (to flog the girls and see their reactions afterwards) as a basis for this. (dont mind my typo error, breastfeedin and typin at d same time

My example wasn't meant to compare the pain of childbirth with that of 'flogging'. It will be stewpid to do so.

It was meant to show in the simplest and clearest terms, females generally over hype pain-childbirth inclusive.

3 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Janet101(f): 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:
I knew this a long time ago.

Women generally can't withstand pain and as such, it's only natural they over hype the pain of childbirth.

As a simple experiment, pick ten secondary school students. Five boys and five girls will be better. As much as you can, beat them equally, say ten strokes of cane each.

Simply watch the reaction of both sexes

I feel like giving u a hard knock on dat ur coconut head,for comparing labour pain wit cane,man can't even withstand boil,anytime my husband Is sick I feel heaven will fall....am proud to be a mother

11 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by iykedare(m): 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
op is mad. you can fault women on every other thing but not childbirth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by JEITO: 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
"Person wey sleep wake tell you say him dream, you wey no follow am sleep dey argue say him no dream"

Forget what research has said, carry belle born and you ma go know as e be.

NB: your experience cannot lie to you

11 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Mamaflex(f): 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
Taaaah! If I hear
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by nurria(f): 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
Person wey sleep wake tell you say him dream, you wey no follow am sleep dey argue say him no dream"

Forget what research has said, carry belle born and you ma go know as e be....
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
Janet101:

I feel like giving u a hard knock on dat ur coconut head,for comparing labour pain wit cane,man can't even withstand boil,anytime my husband Is sick I feel heaven will fall....am proud to be a mother

Lol, instead of giving me a hard knock on my head, why not show me how and where I compared labour pain with cane.

I noticed no one has been able to refute that simple experiment I gave, neither has any attempted to refute the research-The reason seems obvious. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by phabulous88(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
God bless all Mothers. Amen

1 Like

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
smartmom:
Dont let us sweat this. Do only one simple thing, swallow one small lime and wait to poo it out the next day. Give us an update. Mind you I didnt recommend a grape fruit o. Compare a baby's head with the lime when you are having an easy time pooing shikena grin
cn u compare man hole to female hole, female hole streth nd expand so itz nt painful. na demo
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 17, 2014

5 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:
I actually have never believed that stuff.
Its odd for nature to give you a duty and not provide a corresponding means to assist you in carrying it out. Their body is designed for childbearing. That same body is equipped to handle childbearing in the safest, least painful way - (except complications arise).
O.p, Leave them alone, let them have their shine na.

Please do me a favor and ask your mother today how painful it was to give birth to you.

6 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by phabulous88(m): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:
Its odd for nature to give you a duty and not provide a corresponding means to assist you in carrying it out. Their body is designed for childbearing. That same body is equipped to handle childbearing in the safest, least painful way - (except complications arise).

Thank you jare!

1 Like

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
Dislaimer: This post is based on assumptions.
Since the researchers are from Israel, they probably carried it out on Hebrew women. And the bible records that 'the hebrew women are lively and deliver ere the midwives come to them'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by thandii1: 6:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:

You guys do not realise how insensitive you are with these utterances. Women shinning with labour? Someone is even comparing flogging to child bearing. Have you asked yourself why some men faint seeing their wives labour? why Some wail helplessly seeing their wives go through labour pain. Labour is not a joke and until you have experienced it, please desist from saying women are exaggerating. It is an excruciating experience that torments one physically , mentally, and emotionally. Labour isn't just a 5mins thing where you pop out the baby like you are shitting, it occurs in stages and can take hours. No two bodies are the same as we all have varying thresholds for pain. Even for one person, no 2 births are the same. So the fact that some women find it easier doesn't mean those that don't are exaggerating.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2014

5 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nonso23:

What if i told you that it is her field. cheesy
I've asked her this same question a dozen times to be sure I wasn't wrong. I even got bonus answers in the form of a lot of other women's experience.
She said the pains build up gradually, giving the woman time to adapt to them. That they are rhythmic and not consistent and to top it all that a fracture of an ankle is more consistent, inconveniencing and more troubling than labour pains.
Not to mention that a few women do not even feel the pain as much as a quarter of what is being touted everywhere.
I wasn't much trouble for her though.

My mother and my grandmother and all of my friends with babies said that the pain was much stronger than the pain we suffer during menstruation.

I have not given birth yet but I suffer every month and it is not easy. sad

If your mother didn't suffer from pain when giving birth, good for her but to say that women lie when they say they do is too much. angry

7 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by parismarc: 6:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
My experience- Labour pain is simply out of this world, it amazes me when people say that once your baby pops out, u will forget the pains, its 1 year plus and i still remember, i dread going through it again. I hail women that have many kids, they are indeed daughters of Zion.

10 Likes

Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by prettiest1(f): 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
phabulous88:

The research didn't say it wasn't painful but that women generally exaggerate the pain. By the way, is it not just about excreting something? What's the big deal? undecided
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by prettiest1(f): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
phabulous88:

The research didn't say it wasn't painful but that women generally exaggerate the pain. By the way, is it not just about excreting something? What's the big deal? undecided
Your thread is an insult to women (motherhood). Op, your mother must see this.
Re: God bless all Mothers. Amen by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
phabulous88:

It does not even prove that women generally exaggerate the pain.

It says that they assess the pain differently two days after delivery and two months after delivery.
Women tend to say that the pain was stronger two months later.

I guess these "scientists" forgot the rush of hormones during and after delivery.

"When the baby is born, oxytocin continues to contract the womb in order to restrict blood flow to the womb and reduce the risk of bleeding and to help detach the placenta which is delivered shortly afterwards. Blood levels of oxytocin and prolactin are very high, which supports bonding between the mother and baby. Skin-to-skin and eye contact between the mother and baby also stimulate the release of oxytocin and prolactin, further encouraging bonding. Many mothers describe being in a euphoric state just after labour; this is due to the effects of oxytocin, prolactin and beta-endorphins."
http://www.yourhormones.info/topical_issues/hormones_of_pregnancy_and_labour.aspx

This explains why women forget the pain right after delivery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Raw Honey And Ginger That You Need To Know / After 3 Years Of Infertility, 4 Miscarriages Woman Welcomes Set Of Twins / Does Being Married Hinder Some Dreams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.