Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

CAN To Akpabio: Allow Democracy In 2015...i”ll Produce My Successor - Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN To Akpabio: Allow Democracy In 2015...i”ll Produce My Successor - Gov (519 Views)

Buhari/osinbajo ‘ll Produce Desired Change – Pastor Kumuyi / My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega / ‘ APC ‘ll Produce An Igbo President Come 2015′ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAN To Akpabio: Allow Democracy In 2015...i”ll Produce My Successor - Gov by ujoinme: 4:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
The Chairman, Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Akwa Ibom State Chapter and the Archbishop of Destiny Chapel, Cletus Bassey weekend told Governor Godswill Akpabio to allow democratic norms rule the choice of his successor in 2015. Bassey who was speaking at his consecration at an event attended by Governor Akpabio reminded the governor that power is from God. “Your Excellency, when we prayed for you in 2011, I remember one man of God took the microphone and said no one else should contest but I said no when I went to speak. I said even though we had prayed for you, democracy demands that everyone interested should contest and this was what happened. But because God had sealed your victory, you emerged”, Bassey said.The Archbishop while thanking Governor Akpabio for saying everyone was free to contest, even though he will like his successor to come from Eket Senatorial District added that “You have said you will like your successor to come from Eket senatorial district but that aspirants from other parts of the state can contest. This is good, your Excellency, it means you believe in democracy”. Archbishop Bassey also advised the Governor to allow pastors prophesy on aspirants explaining that “your Excellency, allow the pastors prophesy about aspirants that will win elections in 2015, but one thing is sure, only the word of God will come to pass. So no matter what anybody prophesies, what the word of God says is what will happen”. Earlier In His Speech At The Event, Akwa Ibom State Governor, Chief (Dr.) Godswill Akpabio has advised ordained ministers of God in the State to eschew frivolous and fake anointing of Governorship aspirants. The bible says judgment shall start from the church, because judgment is going to start from the church, we must advise the church. You must speak what you hear from God and not what you hear from pounded yam while you are dreaming, let the church be neutral, let the will of God be done, allow God to produce leaders for us, we don't even to interfere”. Akpabio noted that religious leaders should allow political leaders to give political direction and directives while religious leaders give religious direction in the things of God. He said most politicians that declared, did so because one or two fake and self-styled pastors have spoken to them that it was God who directed them to prophesy for their ambitions, adding that such aspirants should seek the face of God again and stop deceiving people into blackmailing political officeholders in the state. The Governor maintained that he would produce his successor saying that anybody who does not produce his or her successor is a failure. The governor while commending the new Arch Bishop and other men of God said the investiture of the arch bishop was uncommon in an uncommon state. He charged Akwa Ibom people to desist from ethnic politics and allow the peace of God to reign supreme in their hearts. Speaking while delivering his sermon, Dr. Uma Ukpai thanked God for elevating, Arch Bishop Cletus Bassey to another ecclesiastical position. The cleric noted that Nigeria needed leaders in religious and political levels who are ready to serve with integrity. He charged the archbishop to make sacrifice to God and humanity by showing love and promoting God's glory.The Archbishop Elijah Akpan Mboho, the National President, Assembly of Charismatic Ministers (HCM), Nigeria while performing the investiture, said God has made him witness another milestone in the ministry of Archbishop Cletus Bassey who he described as his son in the Lord. Archbishop Mboho prayed God to open the eyes and the ears of the new archbishop so that he can speak to the world the undiluted word of God.

http://www.sensornewsonline.com.ng/content/can-akpabio-allow-democracy-2015i%E2%80%9Dll-produce-my-successor-gov
Re: CAN To Akpabio: Allow Democracy In 2015...i”ll Produce My Successor - Gov by Descartes: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
cool
Re: CAN To Akpabio: Allow Democracy In 2015...i”ll Produce My Successor - Gov by macsika: 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
I see

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi's Ascension As Emir And The Heralding Of Bombblasts In Kano. / 2015:north Divided Over Buhari,atiku / Ebola?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.