Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

My Experience With A Corper In Abuja - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience With A Corper In Abuja (36660 Views)

Is This The Shortest Female NYSC Corper In Nigeria?(pictured) / "Small-Sized" Male Corper In Anambra NYSC Camp (photo) / Hilarious: The Youngest Corper In Nigeria... [ Pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by BodyKiss(m): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
Cecediva: 700 naira transform lives Nawa o

Like, seriously. Just because it's nothing to you doesn't mean it's not something to somebody else.
I understand how low we value almost anything in this country, but, you should know that lots of people are living under extreme poverty in this country.

A little boy with his mom once came to beg me for snack he saw me holding, I was so touched, I took the boy to a restaurant and bought him food. He was highly appreciative of what I did for him, and the feeling I had, to have been of help was amazing. Don't underestimate the power of little.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by NaLaugh: 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nihilist: You chased somebody with your car because you gave him ordinary 700 naira?

You be actor?

Your own akagum is too much bruv. So what would have happened if you gave the boy 1k then? Crucifixion?

That one for be Boko thingz.
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Herrmes: 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
And here I was asking myself after seeing the topic on the front page, why could this topic possibly be there? great work, "All Hustle No Luck"
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by VantagePoint: 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
ifyeez: grin grin grin grin Am a corper too o. That guy is a tif nemesis must catch up with him one day, spoiling our name.
"Spoiling our name"?
Dude, NYSC is not for life.
Get a grip and move on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by lekzzydo(m): 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
ritux:

I did not chase him because of the money. If I had gotten him, I would have just insisted on seeing his ID card. If he had shown me a fake or expired ID, I would have asked for my 700 naira from the money he has collected from others.
you didn't chase him because of the money then why would you have collected your #700 if you found him fake.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Iceduhu(m): 10:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
@Ritux, as am taliking to u nw I have already alerted the police around dat axis cos I stay around dia, and I will contact u thru ur mail. We are not trying to put blame on any Corp member but doing what every Nigerian citizen Is suppose to do as a duty. I was once a corp member and still cadet, under Road Safety club, its part of my duty to keep such imposters out of the road.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by lekzzydo(m): 10:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
tellwisdom: You gave him only 700 naira and you want to chase him to an express??...common 700 naira and u are already chasing him to collect it back. Na ur night food money be that?? Abi u wan collect am use am chop?? sad
you this guy again!!! I expected you to have gotten the wisdom you claimed you are telling people 'tellwisdom' @ ur monicker.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by manmustwac(m): 10:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Prowizy2: All hustle na hustle.

Man must wack!!
grin
yes o man must wack grin
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by gbaskiboy: 10:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Tholuwaniey: .
at this your age u still dey book space.. SMD
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
himkers: Any corper wey get car no suppose dey get pity from the public. If you can't fuel ur car, then sell it
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by lekzzydo(m): 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
platz: nd this made fp
is this not better than carrying gun, kidnapping etc.....
to me there is nothing wrong with this....
you must have cockroach in ur head with this poo you just spewed.........nothing wrong in duping people? Do u know where armed robbers, kidnappers, etc started from?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by IYANGBALI: 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Adesewa19: Watin we no go c 4 9ja' Shior...
shiooooor iwo na
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by lekzzydo(m): 11:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
ayodejy05: Thank you for this. Na only Abuja them fit try those kinds of shit. We are always at alert in Akure.
did u just say....?!!!
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by aryzgreat: 11:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
Had similar experience in lagos (around oke-afa bridge, isolo)

Was strolling past and a haggard looking man holding 5 litres jerrycan approached me and started explaining while pointing towards d bridge, that he was rushing his old woman to the hospital on emergency and the vehicle just stopped before the bridge due to fuel. i asked where is d vehicle, he pointed towards the bridge and i did not see any vehicle, but due to the anxiety written all over his face, i was moved to give him 1k, he prostrated flat on the road thanking me. I left as he dashed across the road as if he was going to buy fuel.

3 days later, around that same axis, this tym dia was a serious hold up, i was strolling towards Jakande and i saw d man telling to a man d same story, i was very angry, i had to rush and tell him that d man is a scammer, immediately he saw me he started cursing in yoruba 'oloriburuku etc' i decided to spoil show for him that day and lie waiting for his next move, he crossed to d other side of the road and started scamming another passerby, as d man was about bringing money from his pocket, i quickly dashed towards them and shouted that he is a thief, the passerby was confused, i raised my voice and some touts and conductors gave him a hot chase. They caught him and dragged him back, they asked him to take them to the so called mother that he said is in d vehicle, he said it was all a ploy to evoke sympathy, he was beaten mercilessly that day, his shirt torn and d 5 litre container matched flat by the touts.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2014

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Tholuwaniey(m): 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
gbaskiboy: at this your age u still dey book space.. SMD

Not surprised you could only shake your d*ck. its a real shame on you cos that's the part that disturbs the most.... twill be better bro cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by lekzzydo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
platz: I wouldn't mind.... if it's my calling
it's already your calling
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Corpers wii! Waa

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Elgaxton(m): 11:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
ritux: I hope this is in the right section.

Just yesterday 28th July, I was driving towards Gwarinpa, there is this flyover bridge that turns directing you towards Gwarinpa/Kubwa express road if you are coming from Nnadi Azikiwe express way.

As I was driving round the bridge turning towards Kubwa, I saw this car parked by the side of the road with the bonnet open and there was this guy dressed with the complete NYSC uniform stranded. Out of pity, I pulled over and the guy ran to me. Without asking, he told me he just ran out of fuel and that he doesn't have any cash with him.

I decided to help and I asked him how we gonna do it. He said he has a keg in his car. So I told him to get it because I was actually heading towards the new NNPC mega station to get petrol for my car and my generator before getting home. Just as I came down from the bridge, he said there is a place close by he can get to buy from black market since it will be difficult for him to come back. So I stopped and gave him 700 naira. He thanked me and came down. As I was going, I looked through my mirror and I saw him trying to cross to the opposite side of the road.

Fast forward to today 29th July, I was driving through same route and saw same guy dressed with same NYSC uniform on same spot with his bonnet open again. Immediately he saw me, he turned his face. I pulled over and started reversing. He started waving to me to go. The next thing, he jumped into his car and speed off heading towards Kubwa. I chased him but could not get him him because I entered into the fast lane and he was on the service lane. After I passed him, he turned into some street and I could not come.

I think he just stands there extorting money from people. But I know one day, I will catch up with him again.

Abuja residents beware. This are the types that can pretend to be NYSC members by putting on the uniform and rob unsuspecting citizens on the highways.

It used to be a woman that was doing this same thing at Utako with a Toyota Camry 2008 model.

I can see its now a big time business
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Gofwane(m): 11:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
joelenesleek:
Rolling on the wet floor laughing, thanks for making my night. kiss
I did dat? ... u're welcome. grin
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by stagger: 11:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
OP,

There is hardly a day you do not see a car broken down at that particular flyover. As a rule I do not stop. I just drive past. People have been robbed in such manner. Shine ya eyes o!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by tomiobj(m): 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
ritux: I hope this is in the right section.

Just yesterday 28th July, I was driving towards Gwarinpa, there is this flyover bridge that turns directing you towards Gwarinpa/Kubwa express road if you are coming from Nnadi Azikiwe express way.

As I was driving round the bridge turning towards Kubwa, I saw this car parked by the side of the road with the bonnet open and there was this guy dressed with the complete NYSC uniform stranded. Out of pity, I pulled over and the guy ran to me. Without asking, he told me he just ran out of fuel and that he doesn't have any cash with him.

I decided to help and I asked him how we gonna do it. He said he has a keg in his car. So I told him to get it because I was actually heading towards the new NNPC mega station to get petrol for my car and my generator before getting home. Just as I came down from the bridge, he said there is a place close by he can get to buy from black market since it will be difficult for him to come back. So I stopped and gave him 700 naira. He thanked me and came down. As I was going, I looked through my mirror and I saw him trying to cross to the opposite side of the road.

Fast forward to today 29th July, I was driving through same route and saw same guy dressed with same NYSC uniform on same spot with his bonnet open again. Immediately he saw me, he turned his face. I pulled over and started reversing. He started waving to me to go. The next thing, he jumped into his car and speed off heading towards Kubwa. I chased him but could not get him him because I entered into the fast lane and he was on the service lane. After I passed him, he turned into some street and I could not come.

I think he just stands there extorting money from people. But I know one day, I will catch up with him again.

Abuja residents beware. This are the types that can pretend to be NYSC members by putting on the uniform and rob unsuspecting citizens on the highways.
Bros,you try oo. Our economy is bad ooo. Because of 700N u chased a guy to a place u dint know. If u try that one in lagos. D nzt tn is that ur missing. And you could be sold to a soka. Godforbid. But on a more serious note don't chase someone in nigeria. It aint safe. Please don't try that again

Another sensible perspective
stagger: OP,
There is hardly a day you do not see a car broken down at that particular flyover. As a rule I do not stop. I just drive past. People have been robbed in such manner. Shine ya eyes o!
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by MymothersKeeper(f): 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
but give if you have na, if they have they wont do it. no unemployment or chile benefit, nothing. cry
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by tomiobj(m): 11:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
aryzgreat: Had similar experience in lagos (around oke-afa bridge, isolo)

Was strolling past and a haggard looking man holding 5 litres jerrycan approached me and started explaining while pointing towards d bridge, that he was rushing his old woman to the hospital on emergency and the vehicle just stopped before the bridge due to fuel. i asked where is d vehicle, he pointed towards the bridge and i did not see any vehicle, but due to the anxiety written all over his face, i was moved to give him 1k, he prostrated flat on the road thanking me. I left as he dashed across the road as if he was going to buy fuel.

3 days later, around that same axis, this tym dia was a serious hold up, i was strolling towards Jakande and i saw d man telling to a man d same story, i was very angry, i had to rush and tell him that d man is a scammer, immediately he saw me he started cursing in yoruba 'oloriburuku etc' i decided to spoil show for him that day and lie waiting for his next move, he crossed to d other side of the road and started scamming another passerby, as d man was about bringing money from his pocket, i quickly dashed towards them and shouted that he is a thief, the passerby was confused, i raised my voice and some touts and conductors gave him a hot chase. They caught him and dragged him back, they asked him to take them to the so called mother that he said is in d vehicle, he said it was all a ploy to evoke sympathy, he was beaten mercilessly that day, his shirt torn and d 5 litre container matched flat by the touts.
It aint safe to do that. If he had a gun nko or oda scammers in dat area Ull get beat up
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Buking1: 11:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by tomiobj(m): 12:02am On Jul 30, 2014
In a country of extreme poverty. A youth corper drives a car
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by idupaul: 12:04am On Jul 30, 2014
Nihilist: You chased somebody with your car because you gave him ordinary 700 naira?

You be actor?

Your own akagum is too much bruv. So what would have happened if you gave the boy 1k then? Crucifixion?

This might even be the said corper!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by dhsfbi(m): 12:20am On Jul 30, 2014
please can i apply for chevron IT program online? If yes please drop a link. But if you know anybody who can help me process the application and promise success kindly drop your contact.
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by DECOtech(m): 12:52am On Jul 30, 2014
You shld be investigated. Who knows, u fit be the NYSC impostor wey we de find.

You be actor?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by yadnus1(m): 1:11am On Jul 30, 2014
Most of these youth corpers especially the females sometimes make you wonder how they got themselves into the system.They were barely employable yet they have arrogant attitude oozing out of their pores. I have an encounter with a lady corper the other day at one ATM Point in my area.That particular machine was the only one functioning on that day and as expected there was a long queue.It eventually got to the turn of the lady corper and she was spending too much time to make the transaction.People began to urge her to hurry up but to my chagrin this lady was giving them middle finger sign.l left my position on the queue to see what was wrong,she was trying to withdraw N4500 whereas the machine was instructing her to enter her inputs in the multiple of 1000.l mildly pointed out this to her but the 'otondo' asked me to mind my biz. l calmly to her that it wouldn't have been my business if after many years of her education she can't decipher a simple instructions consisting only 5 words written in English but for my time she was wasting in the process of exhibiting her mediocrity.Trust Lagosians they joined me at this juncture and she was thoroughly saturated with insults. She left there crest-fallen and l felt sorry for her.l think the 1yr compulsory service should be scrapped because most of those wearing the uniform did not even worth the wool with which it was sewn.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Corper Gives Birth In Bayelsa NYSC Orientation Camp (Photo) / 2 Youth Corpers Wed In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Funny NYSC Camp Moments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.