Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nigeria A Project In God's Hand-by Bishop Oke - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria A Project In God's Hand-by Bishop Oke (508 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria A Project In God's Hand-by Bishop Oke by tammmy(m): 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
Boko Haram’ll not last forever, he says
By Olayinka Latona
LAGOS—NATIONAL Vice President of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, South West, Bishop Reuben Oke yesterday in Lagos, said despite the security and other challenges facing the country, the nation remained a unique instrument in the hands of God to influence affairs within Nigeria and beyond.
Bishop Oke advised Nigerians to remain steadfast and united in tackling the current challenges confronting the country, saying Boko Haram was an evil wind that blew no good and declared that “the wind will not last as God will soon intervene to end it.”
The cleric while speaking on national issues during a four-day conference of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission, TREM, Lagos zone 11 at the zonal headquarters a.k.a Victory & Integrity Center, Victoria Island, said Nigeria was a project in God’s hand.
According to him, “I did not know why God allows the issue of Boko Haram to get to this stage but I know that sometimes He allows some situation to get to the peak before He intervenes and we cannot question Him but what I know is that things will change for better for Nigeria.
”Nigeria will not go under, only that God’s intervention might not come the way we are expecting as human. Boko Haram comes and it will go. It will not last forever.
“One thing I will love Nigerians to know is that this nation belongs to God and not any particular religion or ethnic group. Nigerians should always remember that there is a God up there who owns our life and that we don’t own anything to ourselves, so they should keep serving God, praying, be their brothers’ keeper and I am sure we will laugh at last in this country.
On speculations that the country will break up, he said “I so much believe in the unity of Nigeria, it is a project in God’s hand, and I strongly believe Nigeria has purpose to fulfill in the end time project of God.
”Ordinarily when you look at the challenges it is easy to conclude that it’s better for the country to break and we all go our different ways but how are we sure that such break-up will be the solution to the current challenges confronting us”.

Source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/nigeria-project-gods-hand-bishop-oke/
Re: Nigeria A Project In God's Hand-by Bishop Oke by freshPikin: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
Well, if you need to get a job done and done right, don't hire God.

He would waste material, miss deadlines and offer no explanations whatsoever whilst encouraging you to trust he'll get it right.

Little wonder Satan left heaven. Who would want to work for such a lousy boss? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria A Project In God's Hand-by Bishop Oke by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 30, 2014
freshPikin: Well, if you need to get a job done and done right, don't hire God.

He would waste material, miss deadlines and offer no explanations whatsoever whilst encouraging you to trust he'll get it right.

Little wonder Satan left heaven. Who would want to work for such a lousy boss? undecided
And when he eventually fails, he destroys everything and blames his creations for his mistakes.
Re: Nigeria A Project In God's Hand-by Bishop Oke by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 30, 2014
Ha ha waiting for God since 1960!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria A Project In God's Hand-by Bishop Oke by tammmy(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2014
No fear for ur lives thats y u don't respect God

(1) (Reply)

Messages From The Dead / Since God Withholds Forgiveness, Can We? / Please Do Not Join Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.