Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,909 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism (977 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored / Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Chimamanda Adichie's Vogue Recent Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism by visasubagent: 1:08am On Jul 30, 2014

Re: A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism by amnestylaw1(m): 1:11am On Jul 30, 2014
Anono wetin dis girl, sorry- woman rub for body- Ajos like am like tomorrow no dey.
Re: A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism by visasubagent: 1:22am On Jul 30, 2014
amnestylaw1: Anono wetin dis girl, sorry- woman rub for body- I jos like am like tomorrow no dey.
So na onlly picture u see?
Re: A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism by amnestylaw1(m): 1:23am On Jul 30, 2014
visasubagent:
So na onlly picture u see?

Na Picture I see wen the link you give me no work nko?
Re: A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism by macsika: 3:26am On Jul 30, 2014
Pff lol
Re: A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism by missuniverse(f): 3:36am On Jul 30, 2014
Just culdn't read dat to d end..
Evryone is entitled to his/her opinion.
Talking abt Kema Chikwe,she hails frm my hometown nd is married in my maternal home,i think i can say more abt her,
talking abt Genveive Nnaji,she passed 2ru hell,her fame 2day is because she refused to giv up.
U dnt make examples wiv pple u knw little or nufin abt...He shuld ve added Bianca Ojukwu to his list..
Wats dat writers buz if she wants to stick to her maiden name?Joke syvia still bears her fathers' name,is Olu Jacob complaining?
Huh! Wats wiv pple beefing odas 4 no reason?if u must criticize her must u make her look stupid?
We re Nigerians,in dis part of d world we found ourselves we all knw d straight discrimination btw men nd women(its an open secret)
true,women re nw struggling to stand but dat does not mean Chimamanda is talking nonsense..
Come to think of it,She is not d only one dat wrote/writes on d plights of women,Buchi Emecheta did....so y emphazise on hers'
Chinua Achebe remains her role model.

Pple can talk shaa
kip criticising while she kips winning prizes
evryone is entitled to deir opinion

3 Likes

Re: A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism by visasubagent: 7:14am On Jul 30, 2014
amnestylaw1:

Na Picture I see wen the link you give me no work nko?
Check d limk again
Re: A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism by amnestylaw1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
visasubagent:
Check d limk again

Working now, thanks.

Hmm, honestly, I never gave a thought to the writer's arguments. He seem to have some points, yet, Adichie also is free to carve a niche for herself when it comes to what she writes and how she presents it.

As excellent and well renowned as Wole Soyinka and China Achebe are/were, they also have their own share of criticisms by those who think they know better. I think we cannot all think alike or see things the same way.

Adichie, like every other writer, has got her own style and tone of writing which she embellishes with her philosophies. There are bound to be those who will kick against her and I think this writer is just one of the thousands of critics to come.
Re: A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism by babysmart(f): 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
i av read 3 of adichie's books nd i am in luv with her already.....i feel she is jst tryin 2 b natural nd expressin her own views in an interestin way....i jst cant wait 4 her 2 release anoda novel...
Re: A Harsh Critic Of Adichie And Her Feminism by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
I am sure that this nobody wants to be noticed...

(1) (Reply)

Wale's travails / Story of My life (EPISODE 1) THE BIRTH / Where Is Larrysun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.