Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina (21208 Views)

CAN EBOLA BE CONTRACTED THROUGH HANDLING OF MONEY? / Ebola Cannot Be Contracted by Eating Bush meat-yewande Adeshina / How To Drastically Reduce Weight In 21 Days By Eating 2 Kinds Of Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 30, 2014
Special Adviser on Public Affairs to the Lagos State Governor, Dr Yewande Adeshina, on Tuesday debunked claims that eating bush meat can lead to a human getting infected by the dreaded Ebola virus.
“We don’t we have any proven scientific relationship between eating bush meat and catching the infection. But we do know that preparation of these wild animals, especially if they carry the virus, can lead to the infection”, she said while speaking as a guest on Sunrise Daily.

She further noted that no animal has been confirmed as the “natural reservoir for the virus” but was quick to add that “fruit bats are implicated and they are very common in the tropical rain forest area”.

She added that the fruit bat carries the virus in a symbiotic relationship. “The virus does not infect the bat; they live together in a communal relationship” she said.

She however noted if a human or an animal eats from the same fruit an infected bat has eaten from, they will get infected adding that with “bush meat for instance, humans catch the animal, kills it, treats it; the blood gets on the human and it infects the human” warning that “it is not so much the eating of the bush meat as much as the preparing because the blood is where the virus is in, not in the meat itself”.

Dr Adeshina advised those who prepare bush meat to boil it above 60 degrees “because such temperatures can kill the virus.

“But if you air dry it or smoke it on a low barbeque kind of thing and you have raw parts of the bush meat and you eat it, you may be infected; but we don’t we have any proven scientific relationship between eating bush meat and catching the infection. But we do know that preparation of these wild animals, especially if they carry the virus, can lead to the infection”, she said.

Dr Adeshina also urged Nigerians not to be wary of people they see around daily because of the reported outbreak, insisting that “a person infected with Ebola virus cannot be walking around; they are deadly sick. So you are not going to run into them in the store or the market”.

“Before the illness strikes they can go round because they are not infectious” but warned that “the minute their fever breaks and the system starts crashing is when they become infectious and by that time you will see that that person is really sick” she added.

She further stated that but for the organisation of the agency the late Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian who was killed by the virus in a private hospital in Lagos, works for, the Federal and Lagos State governments would have had their work cut out for them.

She said “he works for an organisation that is really organised. They have their liaison officer, protocol officer and a dedicated vehicle” insisting that “that was the break we got because if this man had gone into a public transportation system, gone to a hotel, we wouldn’t be talking prevention now, we would be scared of an outbreak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w8-LzzIXPI

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/07/29/ebola-contracted-eating-bush-meat-yewande-adeshina/

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by CharlieMaria(m): 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ftc

Madam abeg give me anu nchi and palm wine, as Bush meat no fit give me Ebola.

5 Likes

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by ayusco85(m): 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ebola no get cure o. So I advice everyone to prevent him or herself by adopting this preventive measure. #NoTime

29 Likes

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by ojeffo: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by dozydollar: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
i dnt belive on such idea
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by teniola55(m): 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by glasmirow(m): 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
we hear may God just protect us
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by hazyfm: 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
[size=20pt]ALREADY PLACING ORDER FOR MY BUSH MEAT...[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by glasmirow(m): 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
we hope so
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by ojeffo: 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
CharlieMaria: Ftc
**jealously n angrily gives him EBOLA SLAP**

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by teniola55(m): 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by teniola55(m): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by yim(f): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
May God help us
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Leyqute(m): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
No more hugging, pecking, kissing.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Sijo01(f): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
Better! Nothing can stop me from eating bush meat sef. cheesy cheesy
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
This is false and very risky. Kindly read the article carefully before commenting. Bushmeat still is dangerous.

Very irresponsible statement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was this Hindu who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. He decided to save it by stretching out his finger, but the scorpion stung him. The man still tried to get the scorpion out of the water, but the scorpion stung him again.
A man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion that kept stinging him. But the Hindu said: "It is the nature of the scorpion to sting. It is my nature to love. Why should I give up my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion to sting?"
There is a saying that goes “be the change you wish to see in the world." Sounds easy right? Not really. In a world where we are constantly bombarded by hardships and temptations and where the lack of checks and balances has made it easy to circumvent law and order, it’s easy to go off our path in life - to give up honesty and resort to bribery and corruption, to swap hard work for cutting corners; but is that what we want? Do you want the world to change you or do you want to change the world?
Don't give up loving.
Don't give up your goodness.
Don’t give up you.
Don't give up helping animals.
***Have a Wonderful day***

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Ryda(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by teniola55(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
Glory!! Now I can cook egusi soup with my bush meat without worriesgrin.

Standd, will you taste from it?? lol
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Once you are infected, just boil your self
Upto 70 degrees...sharp sharp

Finest Boy said so.

#DontQuote

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
To be fair, the origin of this virus is highly suspicious. Hmmmnnn angry let me not say it lipsrsealed
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by teniola55(m): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Ahuitzotl: 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
Mumu, how do you think Ebola got to the bush meat e.g Monkey,Chimps and Gorillas, if not by eatin dropped left over fruits from infected fruit bats?!...Fire roasting infected bushmeats cannot kill the virus...

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by teniola55(m): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by teniola55(m): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Emmaesty(f): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hmmm..... Fruit bats are carriers of Ebola and humans can contact Ebola by eating the fruits that these bats have taken a bite of....... I no dey eat fruit again oh

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by teniola55(m): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by DRealGeesam(m): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
PAGAN9JA: This is false and very risky. Kindly read the article carefully before commenting. Bushmeat still is dangerous.

Very irresponsible statement.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was this Hindu who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. He decided to save it by stretching out his finger, but the scorpion stung him. The man still tried to get the scorpion out of the water, but the scorpion stung him again.
A man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion that kept stinging him. But the Hindu said: "It is the nature of the scorpion to sting. It is my nature to love. Why should I give up my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion to sting?"
There is a saying that goes “be the change you wish to see in the world." Sounds easy right? Not really. In a world where we are constantly bombarded by hardships and temptations and where the lack of checks and balances has made it easy to circumvent law and order, it’s easy to go off our path in life - to give up honesty and resort to bribery and corruption, to swap hard work for cutting corners; but is that what we want? Do you want the world to change you or do you want to change the world?
Don't give up loving.
Don't give up your goodness.
Don’t give up you.
Don't give up helping animals.
***Have a Wonderful day***
ExActly!
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Kalvan: 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
Look at her sitting there like some intellectual. LOL!!!

Research has been done and it has been determined that the primary carriers of Ebola are Monkeys and Bats. These are considered bush meat in Liberia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Change A Tooth. / 476 New COVID-19 Cases, 265 Discharged And 7 Deaths On August 20 - (3660 Tested) / Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.