Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina (21209 Views)

CAN EBOLA BE CONTRACTED THROUGH HANDLING OF MONEY? / Ebola Cannot Be Contracted by Eating Bush meat-yewande Adeshina / How To Drastically Reduce Weight In 21 Days By Eating 2 Kinds Of Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by markpenk: 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
Continue eating bush meat o... After all, na once person dey die. cheesy
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Louislewis: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
Miss MBSN, kindly go and read your books before u start dashing lecturers your thing. I advice you.
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by whitecat007: 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
On what?
teniola55: AM HIGH!
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by VantagePoint: 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
mbulela: This woman and her colleague,the commissioner of health claimed that malaria is a symptom of Ebola.
That was where I gave up on their tips.
Folks had better keep away from bush meat until further notice. Don't trust this woman masquerading as an intellectual. LASG often has top experts but these two let me down big time.
Oh please!
She never said that; she said the symptoms of malaria and Ebola virus disease are similar!
Stop spreading misinformation.
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by whitecat007: 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
Thanks! I don't know what happened to chicken and beef that people even eat some nasty looking bush meat in the first place.
oboman: Should we be eating Bush Meat in the first instance?

What has happened to our spirit of conservation? Not every meat must be eaten just to satisfy our appetite, we have enough cattle and sheep in the land we could eat and replenish...

It's hard to replenish Bush meat and just because there is no evidence to suggest they carry Ebola doesn't mean we shouldn't take the necessary precaution like avoiding Bush Meat all together...

If Monkeys are known to carry some forms of virus, then we shouldn't rule out 'some' Bush Meat being host to Ebola Virus.
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by emymeeky: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
mbulela: This woman and her colleague,the commissioner of health claimed that malaria is a symptom of Ebola.
That was where I gave up on their tips.
Folks had better keep away from bush meat until further notice. Don't trust this woman masquerading as an intellectual. LASG often has top experts but these two let me down big time.
Read well . the early symptoms are similar to malaria .
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Danhumprey: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
AbuMikey: Is this Muthafucka a bot?
gringringrin
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by mbulela: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
VantagePoint:
Oh please!
She never said that; she said the symptoms of malaria and Ebola virus disease are similar!
Stop spreading misinformation.

I am quoting a newspaper report of their press conference. I did not watch this video. So I stand to be corrected.
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by millhouse: 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Mama nkechi!! Abeg sama me my favorite for there!!! 3 glass of palmie and bush meat ..the laps oOº°˚ ..their firo !!!
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by princembah(m): 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hhmm..this one, that I like eating suya so much...oluwa pls remove the spirit of eating suya in mee!!!
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by CharlieMaria(m): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
ojeffo:
**jealously n angrily gives him EBOLA SLAP**
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by lorRhyMeZ: 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
Kai!

Se as bush meat n peppered bitterleaf, plus FRESH palmwine come dey hungry me now!
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by overhypedsteve(m): 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
dozydollar: i dnt belive on such idea
why do u hate bushmeat so much?
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by specco(m): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
PAGAN9JA: This is false and very risky. Kindly read the article carefully before commenting. Bushmeat still is dangerous.

Very irresponsible statement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was this Hindu who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. He decided to save it by stretching out his finger, but the scorpion stung him. The man still tried to get the scorpion out of the water, but the scorpion stung him again.
A man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion that kept stinging him. But the Hindu said: "It is the nature of the scorpion to sting. It is my nature to love. Why should I give up my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion to sting?"
There is a saying that goes “be the change you wish to see in the world." Sounds easy right? Not really. In a world where we are constantly bombarded by hardships and temptations and where the lack of checks and balances has made it easy to circumvent law and order, it’s easy to go off our path in life - to give up honesty and resort to bribery and corruption, to swap hard work for cutting corners; but is that what we want? Do you want the world to change you or do you want to change the world?
Don't give up loving.
Don't give up your goodness.
Don’t give up you.
Don't give up helping animals.
***Have a Wonderful day***

You didn't tell us what happened to the Hindu guy afterwards. Is he immuned from the poisonous stings of this deadly creature. Pls complete the story because some gullible fellows might want to do same to their own peril.
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Dantedasz(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Role in spread of diseasesEdit

Apes may harbour pathogens that can affect humans. Ebola virus disease, for instance, may also be found in chimpanzees, gorillas and bonobos, and might spread to humans by handling the meat and consumption of such great apes. Gorillas and some other apes may also carry other diseases as simian foamy virus, smallpox, chicken pox, tuberculosis, measles, rubella, yellow fever and yaws.[3] It has occurred, on numerous occasions, that people that ate apes have caught such diseases, or even died.[4] In addition, besides posing a significant risk to the people eating the meat, it also poses a great risk to the human population as a whole, as it opens up a doorway through which animal viruses can evolve to also have effect on humans.

African squirrels (Heliosciurus, Funisciurus) have been implicated as reservoirs of the monkeypox virus in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and their use as bushmeat may be an important means of transmission to humans.

Research has shown that human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), the virus which causes AIDS, originated from a similar virus in primates called simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV); researchers believe that HIV probably initially jumped into humans after people in Africa came into contact with infected bush meat.[5] There are several distinct strains of HIV, indicating that this cross-species transfer has occurred several times.[6]

In many instances, catching the diseases mentioned above often occurs due to the cutting of the meat, in which animal blood, and other fluids may wind up on the people cutting it, thereby infecting them. Another way that people get infected is due to the fact that some portions of the meat may not be completely cooked. This often occurs due to the type of heating source employed: open fires over which the meat is simply hung.[7]
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by RaptorX: 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Youpele52: Ebola virus like her nephew HIV, methinks is a genetic engineered virus engineered by the _____ lab scientists in their lab.
For the test run they use the ____ as their lab rats. #justsaying
Africa has always been their testing ground for all these their lab manufactured viruses, but they will be deceving us that the viruses comes from eating infected animals.
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Dantedasz(m): 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
Caveat emptor.
Listen to that woman at your own risk.
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by penzino(m): 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
Abeg madam, u dey eat bush meat?
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Agybabe(f): 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
*mounts the podium*

*picks up microphone*

*clears throat*

Audience, please can we give the doctor a big round of applause!!!

*cheers and claps*

*clears throat*

Now, we have the honour to invite on stage the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan to deliver her speech and hear what she's got to say concerning this deadly virus "Ebola" which has been threatening the lives of Nigerians.

A round of applause please.

*runs to take cover*
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by badesco(m): 5:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
She too wants publicity and that is pure politicking.
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by AbuMikey(m): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
Danhumprey: gringringrin
Why You dey laff na? cheesy
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
This lady doctorate certificate should be withheld from her for going against effective means of containing the disease(WHO recommends to desist from bush meat as a good preventive measure looking at the way it is handled in Africa). The first reported case of Ebola in Congo in the 70s or thereabout is traced to bush animal bought by a man in a local market.

She is a quack!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by touchmeder: 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
I don't know about u but I found this report rather confusing, like she is speaking from both sides of her mouth. After I watched a documentary about people eating monkey/chimpanzee (bush meat) in one west african country and the health risks associated, I swore I would never eat bush meat again. Every man should be convinced on what is good for them.
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
What are this woman's credentials please?

“We don’t we have any proven scientific relationship between eating bush meat and catching the infection. But we do know that preparation of these wild animals, especially if they carry the virus, can lead to the infection”, she said while speaking as a guest on Sunrise Daily.

This is contradiction i.m.o. She's saying there's no relationship between eating bush meat and catching the virus, yet she does admit that if the bush meat carries the virus, then an infection may just be the case.

Question is: How exactly do you expect people to know which bush meat carries the virus or not? Why not just prevent the whole thing by avoiding the said bush meat, at least for now.

This information of hers is just not professional.
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Chimex388: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
ayusco85: Ebola no get cure o. So I advice everyone to prevent him or herself by adopting this preventive measure. #NoTime
re u a friend to one Everest on fbk?
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Gosj01(m): 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
ALL this Nigeria medical practioner can lie e, things way una neva experiment, when Ebola-effected Countries neva said so!
She's just like when Boko haram says you shud stay indoor and the Federal govt says u r free to go anywhere! abeg who u go obey??[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Arinze96(m): 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
Some Nigerians hate anything from fellow nigerian. I think the message is clear ''preparing bush meat is worse than eating it''
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
delightful1: Glory!! Now I can cook egusi soup with my bush meat without worriesgrin.

Standd, will you taste from it?? lol

cheesy cheesy I am currently on a diet of locust beans, crayfish, shrimps and dry fish. tongue
No bush meat, city meat or town meat for me...Till further notice.
Cook and eat your bush meat alone cheesy
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by ElFenomeno1: 8:41am On Jul 31, 2014
Is Mrs Adeshina willing to buttress her point by chomping on a selection of smoked bush meat brought in from Liberia and Congo?!

#JustAsking
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
after reading the through article in some depth and browsing through the subsequent comments on this thread, i am now convinced beyond reasonable doubt that comprehension is a skill most Nigerians may lack.
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by ayusco85(m): 8:32am On Aug 01, 2014
Chimex388:
re u a friend to one Everest on fbk?

I ve absolutely no idea what u talking about
Re: Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina by jlangdale: 9:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
The collection of palm sap in gourds means that it ferments quickly. This is a natural attractor for fruit bats as they are also attracted to fermenting fruit. Fruit bats in captivity have shown a fondness for alcohol. The bats can then leave excrement near or in the sap collection. This is the most at risk area for human ebola interaction since palm sap is typically collected two times each day. This also coincides with the increased large scale palm sap collection (aka encroachment) into fruit bat habitat.

It would be my guess that most palm sap collectors and palm wine manufactors already know about this danger. But all it takes is lax collection safety to contract ebola when a collector takes a sip of raw palm sap from a gourd. http:///whWcCj

It's been demonstrated that similar date palm sap collection (leaves) is easily infected with a similar fruit bat virus in Bangladesh. Bangladesh bats were sampled and shown to have ebola antibodies while no virus has been found. So there is a clear connection to fermented palm sap & fruit bats.

It's my guess that there's way more palm sap collectors than there are fruit bat meat preparers? It also wouldn't surprise me if they used palm sap traps to capture fruit bats.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

476 New COVID-19 Cases, 265 Discharged And 7 Deaths On August 20 - (3660 Tested) / How Much Does It Cost To Change A Tooth. / Coronavirus: Ghana, Gabon Confirm First Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.