Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,829 members, 7,956,144 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:24 AM

Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) (128944 Views)

Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here / Akwa Ibom Batch B 2014 Let's Meet Here / Batch B 2014 Osun Corpers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by azyd(m): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2014
helo peeps....lagos stream 1
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 11:23am On Aug 04, 2014
Mannylex:

i dont think so. The state government would have to device a means to spread the payment around. We didnt pick stream 2, NYSC did, so i feel if they are paying 600 people and they have any iota of fairness, they would pay 300 stream1 corpers, and also reserve slot to pay 300 stream2 corpers.

those niggas are too freakin stingy joor. Imagine if we are 3000 and its only about 300 they pay 15k. All †ђξ others na "to your tent O Israel" abi??! #Unfair
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Youngmoniii(m): 11:27am On Aug 04, 2014
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SERVICE(CDS)

This is one of the components of the National Youth Service Corps designed to create opportunity for corps members to contribute in the development of their host communities. It further creates opportunity for corps members to fully interact with the host communities where they are posted for their primary assignments. Community Development Service (CDS) is compulsory and must be executed by every corps member, you have Group Community Development service as well as Personal Community Development Service.

Group or Year Round Community Development Service (YRCDS), executed by corps members in groups. Usually corps members are grouped based on their skills, qualifications, interest or the needs of the host communities. Immediately a corps member assumes duty and report to his/her local Government Inspector, he/she is placed in a CDS Group.

Below are some of the existing CDS groups at the Secretariat. Please note that each Local Government office have their own CDS groups 

Editorial Board
Road Safety
Anti Corruption Club
InfoTech Group
Sports: Football / Volleyball
Integrated Rural Development (IRD)
Cultural Troupe
Lagos State Association of the physically challenged Corps Members (LASAPCC)
NYSC Anti-HIV / AIDS Club (NAHAC)
Domestic Youth Tourism Group
MDG – FACOR & Debate to Action
Lagos State Corpers legal Aid Scheme (LACLAS)
Drug Free Club
Breast without Spots
LAWMA

I personally advocate that you Endeavor that you join a CDS group that is in line with your chosen career path or lines up with your passion and interest.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 11:29am On Aug 04, 2014
lymelyte: please explain why we need to report to the secretariat after the camping exercise?

M not too sure, but I think documentation, payments and possibly ppa. I'd ask a C13 corper to be sure.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by yankeedudu01(m): 11:42am On Aug 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Youngmoniii(m): 11:48am On Aug 04, 2014
yankeedudu01: Stream 2. I wish all the stream 1 safe trip to camp tomorrow. And kindly update us on registration and other necessary things we need to know.

I'm YankeeDudu, a foreign trained graduate.

Welcome on board sir/madam, gender aint specified

U're actually the only foreign traind grad in dis thread if am not mistaken
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by yankeedudu01(m): 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
Now specified & thanks.
Youngmoniii:
Welcome on board sir/madam, gender aint specified
U're actually the only foreign traind grad in dis thread if am not mistaken
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Mannylex(m): 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
prixxy7: No mind d dude, its natural beef grin

sweetheart, how u doing?

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by lymelyte(m): 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hissexcellencie:

M not too sure, but I think documentation, payments and possibly ppa. I'd ask a C13 corper to be sure.
please get back to me regarding this info.thanks
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Mannylex(m): 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
Youngmoniii: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SERVICE(CDS)

This is one of the components of the National Youth Service Corps designed to create opportunity for corps members to contribute in the development of their host communities. It further creates opportunity for corps members to fully interact with the host communities where they are posted for their primary assignments. Community Development Service (CDS) is compulsory and must be executed by every corps member, you have Group Community Development service as well as Personal Community Development Service.

Group or Year Round Community Development Service (YRCDS), executed by corps members in groups. Usually corps members are grouped based on their skills, qualifications, interest or the needs of the host communities. Immediately a corps member assumes duty and report to his/her local Government Inspector, he/she is placed in a CDS Group.

Below are some of the existing CDS groups at the Secretariat. Please note that each Local Government office have their own CDS groups 

Editorial Board
Road Safety
Anti Corruption Club
InfoTech Group
Sports: Football / Volleyball
Integrated Rural Development (IRD)
Cultural Troupe
Lagos State Association of the physically challenged Corps Members (LASAPCC)
NYSC Anti-HIV / AIDS Club (NAHAC)
Domestic Youth Tourism Group
MDG – FACOR & Debate to Action
Lagos State Corpers legal Aid Scheme (LACLAS)
Drug Free Club
Breast without Spots
LAWMA

I personally advocate that you Endeavor that you join a CDS group that is in line with your chosen career path or lines up with your passion and interest.

nice one man, thanks for sharing... The bolded is related to my course of study, so would love to have cds on that aspect...

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Youngmoniii(m): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
Mannylex:

nice one man, thanks for sharing... The bolded is related to my course of study, so would love to have cds on that aspect...

Uwc man, what's ur discipline?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by qtx(m): 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
debygirly:

smiley
shocked hmmmm drop a note if u dont mind info@digidatng.com
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Mannylex(m): 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
Youngmoniii:

Uwc man, what's ur discipline?

Computer Science

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by qtx(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 2:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
lymelyte: please get back to me regarding this info.thanks

my guy said "Na pple wey state go pay. If u dey private sch or compny,no need 4 secretariat Buh if na state sch or ministry, then you've 2report 1st in secretariat. Dats Y you've 2report 2alausa 1st,its true dem u'll b paid, Dats why ur going 2alausa. If ur ppa is public sch or ministry of agric or ministry of health, u'll report 2alausa 1st 2drop ur ppa leta 1st. Dats hw dey'll process it,tho dere r stil oda registratns u'll do. Wen dat time comes,u'll see pple doing dsame tin"
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by lymelyte(m): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ok. Tanx
Hissexcellencie:

my guy said "Na pple wey state go pay. If u dey private sch or compny,no need 4 secretariat Buh if na state sch or ministry, then you've 2report 1st in secretariat. Dats Y you've 2report 2alausa 1st,its true dem u'll b paid, Dats why ur going 2alausa. If ur ppa is public sch or ministry of agric or ministry of health, u'll report 2alausa 1st 2drop ur ppa leta 1st. Dats hw dey'll process it,tho dere r stil oda registratns u'll do. Wen dat time comes,u'll see pple doing dsame tin"
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by azyd(m): 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
abeg make una cary garri,groundnut n sugar cum camp tmao o....make hungry nobgo dey catch boyz
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Kceee: 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Peeps in house,I want 2 no if dey wil allow v-neck T shirt on camp?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
azyd: abeg make una cary garri,groundnut n sugar cum camp tmao o....make hungry nobgo dey catch boyz

I second †ђξ motion. grin
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Nazysandy(f): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2014
Pls I'm in. Lasgidi stream 2
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Nazysandy(f): 10:12am On Aug 05, 2014
drlawizle: Hello Peeps..need someone to help me with the contact of Nysc official that can pull the right strings...compensation is attractive..76237712 is the pin...cheers!
I also need the contact ..7b4129c9
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Nazysandy(f): 10:19am On Aug 05, 2014
Jennyphar: . Madonna uni
MOUAU stream 2
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Youngmoniii(m): 11:08am On Aug 05, 2014
Nazysandy: Pls I'm in. Lasgidi stream 2

Welcome on board swt
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Youngmoniii(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2014
Stream1 fellows please we need a situation report
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by SerPounce(m): 11:35am On Aug 05, 2014
Stream 1 corpers already in camp, kindly give us updates. Or is there a functional Whatsapp group? Let us know what to expect. Wishing you all a good time in camp.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by chimax1(m): 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
any FUTOITE stream 2..na only me waka come?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by yankeedudu01(m): 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by qtx(m): 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2014
debygirly:

smiley
say somtin? ur just smiling finish?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by debygirly(f): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
qtx:
say somtin? ur just smiling finish?

Lol no mind me.. Hws ur day going jare?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by qtx(m): 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
debygirly:

Lol no mind me.. Hws ur day going jare?
cool. still waitoing for ur contact nmb? grin
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by GoldenHrt2k14(f): 1:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
B14 stream 2 lagos state. I have never been to lagos hav no idea how it's going to be Lyk together with this Ebola rumor everything is just scary. I just pray for God's protection.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (98) (Reply)

My NYSC Experience In Kano State / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed / NYSC 2014 Batch A Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.