Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,401 members, 7,958,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:03 AM

The Marriage That I Want - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Marriage That I Want (3135 Views)

End of story. / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
After an analytical survey, I have come to realise that most women do not understand what marriage is about. This misinformed set of people think that marriage is love and laughter, flowers, jewels, pampering and a life made forever beautiful. They imagine living with a benignant man that will forever shower them with gifts, favours and surprises. They believe there is going to be alota romance, sexx, sexx and plenty of sexx. But fact is, marriage as such does not exist. Nothing is forever beautiful.

Alot of married women ended up disappointed after their marriage simply because the life they imagined exists only in their imagination. Their expectation for love and romance was too much. Some turn down genuine husbands because they want to fall in love first. As stupid as they are, they have fail to realise that love is indefinable. What they think is love is just a momentary nice feeling.

I don't really need that type love in my marriage, I prefer friendship and Lust. Love is a nice feeling, I know but it has done alot of harm, broken many hearts and taken lives to the extent that I now need an alternativegringringrin

It is hilarious when women talk about being equal, or man being the head and women being the neck or some other part of the body. I don't need a marriage where someone is the head and the other person is the neck. That is really not necessary. Why fight for position when it is just us? We have different responsibilities in this partnership and she needs me as much as I need her.

What I want is very simple, picture this to understand me.

Two soldiers are out in a battle field, fighting side by side, dealing with whatever may come their way. They got each others back. This is what I call mariage. They don't have to look back because they each trust the person there.

The enemies in marriage might be sickness, bad times, foes, poverty or even death but still in it, watching each others back, fighting with everything in them and If the bond is a strong one, then neither of them will have to face the foes alone. True love is not seen in Romeo and Juliet that died together but in Grandpa and Grandma that grow old together.

The good times we shall enjoy together and endure the hard times together because we are determined to make it work.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
hmmmmmm I like your dream grin
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Elantracey: hmmmmmm I like your dream grin
lols, they always come true.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Danhumprey: 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
undecided

Re: The Marriage That I Want by MizMyColi(f): 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
Sounds more like you cool
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
MizMyColi: Sounds more like you cool
lols...... Because the post is about marriage.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
Danhumprey: undecided
Bro which one is passing, the car, the wheel-barrow or the pusher
Re: The Marriage That I Want by MizMyColi(f): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tallesty1: lols...... Because the post is about marriage.
Not really. I guess I've unconsciously noticed your style of writ in this section.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Danhumprey: 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tallesty1: Bro which one is passing, the car, the wheel-barrow or the pusher
All of them!angry
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
Danhumprey: All of them!angry
owkay...do you need a push?
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
MizMyColi: Not really. I guess I've unconsciously noticed your style of writ in this section.
Really? What do you av to say about is? Is it good, archaic, terrible or absurd?
Re: The Marriage That I Want by MizMyColi(f): 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tallesty1: Really? What do you av to say about is? Is it good, archaic, terrible or absurd?
Certainly not the last three cool
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
MizMyColi: Certainly not the last three cool
Thanks
Re: The Marriage That I Want by SAMBARRY: 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
Actually the reality of life is that

2 Likes

Re: The Marriage That I Want by SAMBARRY: 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
Meanwhile

2 Likes

Re: The Marriage That I Want by Godmystrength: 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
GOOD DREAM
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tannie(f): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tallesty1:
Two soldiers are out in a battle field, fighting side by side, dealing with whatever may come their way. They got each others back. This is what I call mariage. They don't have to look back because they each trust the person there.

This part interested me. This is how marriages should be, 2people who look out for themselves, trust theirselves, believe in themselves whether good or bad and other things will go smoothly.

Once again bro (I'm not brotherzoning you), you didn't disappoint me.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tannie:

This part interested me. This is how marriages should be, 2people who look out for themselves, trust theirselves, believe in themselves whether good or bad and other things will go smoothly.

Once again bro (I'm not brotherzoning you), you didn't disappoint me.
lols, thanks.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by beeevan: 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
I suppose men are the ones that understands marriage perfectly # Yimuest Yimu# undecided.

4 Likes

Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
Your first few sentences ruined the whole write up..you need to learn how to be balanced
You are not married,you are not a married woman so you can't speak for them
Good luck in your quest though
Re: The Marriage That I Want by cococandy(f): 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2014

It is hilarious when women talk about being equal, or man being the head and women being the neck or some other part of the body. I don't need a marriage where someone is the head and the other person is the neck. That is really not necessary. Why fight for position when it is just us? We have different responsibilities in this partnership and she needs me as much as I need her.

Two soldiers are out in a battle field, fighting side by side dealing with whatever may come their way. They got each others back. This is what I call mariage. They don't have to look back because they each trust the person there.

You don't believe in equality yet you typed this.
How's it different?
As far as I'm concerned that equality right there.
They are side by side and back to back.
Equal partners in the union.
Doesn't necessarily negate the concept of leadership.that's what some people don't get.

I agree with your post except the lust and friendship only part.
Depends on what you call love anyway.
Most people think lust is love too.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
cococandy:

Two soldiers are out in a battle field, fighting side by side dealing with whatever may come their way. They got each others back. This is what I call mariage. They don't have to look back because they each trust the person there.

You don't believe in equality yet you typed this.
How's it different?
As far as I'm concerned that equality right there.
They are side by side and back to back.
Equal partners in the union.
Doesn't necessarily negate the concept of leadership.that's what some people don't get.

I agree with your post except the lust and friendship only part.
Depends on what you call love anyway.
Most people think lust is love too.
We have different reponsibilities in this partnership and she needs me as much as I need her.......This line will help you to understand what I'm talking about.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by cococandy(f): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
Equality has never been about having the same responsibilities
It's about each partner having the same level of respect despite their roles in the organisation.

I think you may have misunderstood what some people mean when they say equality.
Hence u type a post that agrees totally with what equlity means and still say you're not for equality.
No wahala sha
I get your point.
Tallesty1: We have different reponsibilities in this partnership and she needs me as much as I need her.......This line will help you to understand what I'm talking about.

1 Like

Re: The Marriage That I Want by Ngokafor(f): 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
beeevan: I suppose men are the ones that understands marriage perfectly # Yimuest Yimu# undecided.

Lolzzz!!

1 Like

Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
cococandy: Equality has never been about having the same responsibilities
It's about each partner having the same level of respect despite their roles in the organisation.

I think you may have misunderstood what some people mean when they say equality.
Hence u type a post that agrees totally with what equlity means and still say you're not for equality.
No wahala sha
I get your point.
I said I don't need a marriage where husband is the head and wife is the neck. The head cannot connect and control other parts of the body without the neck and neck on the other hand is worthless without the head. It is not about being equal, it is about understand your responsibilty. If you do what you are supposed to do and I do mine then why should we argue and tussle for power??
Re: The Marriage That I Want by cococandy(f): 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
Very very good. kiss

Here's someone else who finds the head and neck analogy lame as well. grin
You forgot captain on the ship(sailing to where?)
And pilot with his minions.(Flying to where?)

I have never understood power tussle between two married people.
Who are supposedly 'in love'
Or at least friends.
Tallesty1: I said I don't need a marriage where husband is the head and wife is the neck. The head cannot connect and control other parts of the body without the neck and neck on the other hand is worthless without the head. It is not about being equal, it is about understand your responsibilty. If you do what you are supposed to do and I do mine then why should we argue and tussle for power??
Re: The Marriage That I Want by bukatyne(f): 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tallesty1: After an analytical survey, I have come to realise that most women do not understand what marriage is about. This misinformed set of people think that marriage is love and laughter, flowers, jewels, pampering and a life made forever beautiful. They imagine living with a benignant man that will forever shower them with gifts, favours and surprises. They believe there is going to be alota romance, sexx, sexx and plenty of sexx. But fact is, marriage as such does not exist. Nothing is forever beautiful.

Alot of married women ended up disappointed after their marriage simply because the life they imagined exists only in their imagination. Their expectation for love and romance was too much. Some turn down genuine husbands because they want to fall in love first. As stupid as they are, they have fail to realise that love is indefinable. What they think is love is just a momentary nice feeling.

I don't really need that type love in my marriage, I prefer friendship and Lust. Love is a nice feeling, I know but it has done alot of harm, broken many hearts and taken lives to the extent that I now need an alternativegringringrin

What I want is very simple, picture this to understand me.

Two soldiers are out in a battle field, fighting side by side, dealing with whatever may come their way. They got each others back. This is what I call marriage. They don't have to look back because they each trust the person there.

The enemies in marriage might be sickness, bad times, foes, poverty or even death but still in it, watching each others back, fighting with everything in them and If the bond is a strong one, then neither of them will have to face the foes alone. True love is not seen in Romeo and Juliet that died together but in Grandpa and Grandma that grow old together.

The good times we shall enjoy together and endure the hard times together because we are determined to make it work.

Beautiful piece I must say especially the bolded

I don't agree with the lust part though
Re: The Marriage That I Want by okotv(m): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
This guy does not just miss it....nice one and i pray your dreams come true.
Its good to know what you want before you take any step at all...great write up
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Kanwulia: 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Dream on!

You can only get what you give!
Simple!!!!! kiss
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
I really like the comparison of spouses to soldiers in your post. Nice one.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
beeevan: I suppose men are the ones that understands marriage perfectly # Yimuest Yimu# undecided.
I expected it.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
hispinkolo: Your first few sentences ruined the whole write up..you need to learn how to be balanced
You are not married,you are not a married woman so you can't speak for them
Good luck in your quest though
Whats bitting you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Miracle? - Ibo Couples Give Birth To A White Child- See Photo / What Would U Do If U Were In My Shoes / I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mum. Here's Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.