Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,281 members, 7,954,115 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:34 PM

The Marriage That I Want - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Marriage That I Want (3134 Views)

End of story. / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
okotv: This guy does not just miss it....nice one and i pray your dreams come true.
Its good to know what you want before you take any step at all...great write up
Amen.

Thanks bro
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nwanneluv(f): 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
Kanwulia: Dream on!

You can only get what you give!
Simple!!!!! kiss
Check your inbox
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hope your dreams come true.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
Do dreams not always come true?
IfyAngela: Hope your dreams come true.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
Unibenstudent: Do dreams not always come true?
Not all dreams.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 8:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
IfyAngela: Hope your dreams come true.
they do.

Good evening
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
What's ur name
IfyAngela:
Not all dreams.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
Tallesty1: they do.

Good evening
You're good then. Good p.m cheesy
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
Unibenstudent: What's ur name
Read my monicker again
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ok,,so howx ur night ifeoma Angela
IfyAngela:
Read my monicker again
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Kanwulia: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nwanneluv:
Check your inbox

Say who DIE? shocked
7 years on NL. . . .and still receiving emails?

Satan don punish God pata-pata! cry

HELLLLLLL NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Na only you go WAKA GO FOR DIA O! kiss
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Kimmo(f): 10:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
Tallesty1: After an analytical survey, I have come to realise that most women do not understand what marriage is about. This misinformed set of people think that marriage is love and laughter, flowers, jewels, pampering and a life made forever beautiful. They imagine living with a benignant man that will forever shower them with gifts, favours and surprises. They believe there is going to be alota romance, sexx, sexx and plenty of sexx. But fact is, marriage as such does not exist. Nothing is forever beautiful.

Alot of married women ended up disappointed after their marriage simply because the life they imagined exists only in their imagination. Their expectation for love and romance was too much. Some turn down genuine husbands because they want to fall in love first. As stupid as they are, they have fail to realise that love is indefinable. What they think is love is just a momentary nice feeling.

I don't really need that type love in my marriage, I prefer friendship and Lust. Love is a nice feeling, I know but it has done alot of harm, broken many hearts and taken lives to the extent that I now need an alternativegringringrin

It is hilarious when women talk about being equal, or man being the head and women being the neck or some other part of the body. I don't need a marriage where someone is the head and the other person is the neck. That is really not necessary. Why fight for position when it is just us? We have different responsibilities in this partnership and she needs me as much as I need her.

What I want is very simple, picture this to understand me.

Two soldiers are out in a battle field, fighting side by side, dealing with whatever may come their way. They got each others back.

The enemies in marriage might be sickness, bad times, foes, True love is not seen in Romeo and Juliet that died together but in Grandpa and Grandma that grow old together.

The good times we shall enjoy together and endure the hard times together because we are determined to make it work.

I once saw that quote about Romeo/Juliet on someone's bbm dp, and I was struck by it.
Re your post, my sentiments exactly. I've often thought that people place too much emphasis on love and leave out other important factors to consider in choosing a mate.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by KanwuliaJara: 2:05am On Aug 13, 2014
Sex in marriage is AN ACT OF DUTY.
You don't have to like it, but YOU MUST DO IT! kiss

Friendship on the other hand can only exist where there is love.

Lust in marriage is NON-EXISTENT! kiss

1 Like

Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 10:51am On Aug 13, 2014
Kimmo:

I once saw that quote about Romeo/Juliet on someone's bbm dp, and I was struck by it.
Re your post, my sentiments exactly. I've often thought that people place too much emphasis on love and leave out other important factors to consider in choosing a mate.
it sucks my dear, Love is a changeable emotion and that is why we hear stories like, I love him but...... I used to love her but...... That tells you that love isn't just enough. So many other factors should be considered first before falling in love.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2014
KanwuliaJara: Sex in marriage is AN ACT OF DUTY.
You don't have to like it, but YOU MUST DO IT! kiss
Sex has gone extinct in some marriages.

KanwuliaJara: Friendship on the other hand can only exist where there is love.
Exactly but we have more than one type of love. You love your siblings but you cannot marry them. If you read my post well you will see where I said that "I don't need that type of love". Long-term happiness and meaningfulness should not be based upon love alone. What we call love is a relatively short-term experience in our lives, so something like marriage should be placed on things that are of greater importance. Marry someone whose values are similar to yours. Our generation thinks that when there is love, everything is gonna be alright, but the reality is that marriage requires a lot of compromise

KanwuliaJara: Lust in marriage is NON-EXISTENT! kiss
This is very funny. Your sexlife becomes boring once you stop lusting after your wife/husband. Take it or leave it.
Re: The Marriage That I Want by KanwuliaJara: 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
Tallesty1: Sex has gone extinct in some marriages.

Exactly but we have more than one type of love. You love your siblings but you cannot marry them. If you read my post well you will see where I said that "I don't need that type of love". Long-term happiness and meaningfulness should not be based upon love alone. What we call love is a relatively short-term experience in our lives, so something like marriage should be placed on things that are of greater importance. Marry someone whose values are similar to yours. Our generation thinks that when there is love, everything is gonna be alright, but the reality is that marriage requires a lot of compromise

This is very funny. Your sexlife becomes boring once you stop lusting after your wife/husband. Take it or leave it.

You have elaborated on what I was thinking.
You are 100% CORRECT!

Yes! There are different types of love. It is BROTHERLY/SISTERLY LOVE that exists in marriages. NO EXCITEMENT! Borrrrrring!!!! cry

If any one wants a good time, NA ONE NIGHT STAND FET GET AM O! cheesy

Sexxxxxx is ONLY SWEEEEEEET during the CHASING part of ANY relationship. kiss

People can only FAKE IT in marriages. FACT!

The reason MOST MEN go after ASSSSSHAWOS outside their marriages. SEXXXX is no longer sweeeet with someone you see EVERYDAY!

That is the reality.

Others like CHRISTIANS use the HOLY GHOST JUJU and BIBLE SHYTE to deceive themselves!

MUCHECHECHECHE cheesy
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Tallesty1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
KanwuliaJara:

You have elaborated on what I was thinking.
You are 100% CORRECT!

Yes! There are different types of love. It is BROTHERLY/SISTERLY LOVE that exists in marriages. NO EXCITEMENT! Borrrrrring!!!! cry

If any one wants a good time, NA ONE NIGHT STAND FET GET AM O! cheesy

Sexxxxxx is ONLY SWEEEEEEET during the CHAAING part of ANY relationship. kiss

People can only FAKE IT in marriages. FACT!

The reason MOST MEN go after ASSSSSHAWOS outside their marriages. SEXXXX is no longer sweeeet with someone you see EVERYDAY!

That is the reality.

Others like CHRISTIANS use the HOLY GHOST JUJU and BIBLE SHYTE to deceive themselves!

MUCHECHECHECHE cheesy
LMAO
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nice piece
Re: The Marriage That I Want by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 11, 2014
I agree a lot with equality in marriage. no sense in the head-neck analogy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ife Baby Names / What Would U Do If U Were In My Shoes / PHOTO: This Is Gender Equality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.