Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! (20655 Views)

Bauchi State NYSC 2014 Batch B...meets Here, Before We Meet There ! / NYSC 2014 Batch B House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
Lets discuss redeployment or surviving in the state.

UPDATE - INTEL ACQUIRED SO FAR FROM NAIRALAND

According to report, the camp is located in Dakingari in Suru Local Government Area of the state, a distance of 157 kilometers from Birnin Kebbi.

Towns/LGAs of interest are below:
Zuru (Christian dominated LGA)
Birnin Kebbi (LGA that can be refferred to as a city)
Argungu
Aliero
Jega
Yauri

Kebbi is relatively peaceful unlike some other northern states.
Prepare to leave a somewhat isolated life because only your coleagues will provide you company and no where to go and unwind.
Dakingari, where the camp is, is the governor's town.
You can get an apartment in the barracks for some level of guaranteed safety. (Dukku barracks in Birnin Kebbi)
Weather gets very hot and very cold, so go with clothing for cold weather.

CAMP IS IN DAKINGARI NOT ARGUNGU.... TAKE NOTE. They are about 5 hours apart!
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
I was also posted to kebbi. I swear I no believe my eyes when I see am for board o. I just felt weak. Kebbi bawo?... But let's just plan as per transportation, the cost,duration of journey, how the state is generally etc
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
ajasa4link I think from Sokoto and Abuja, there's direct bus to the camp.

By now they'd know to have direct buses.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 10:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
I called my sis who Stays in Abuja dis evening and she told me to follow cross country that they will be going straight to camp in kebbi. She said they have a park at yaba
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
The recent discovery of a fuel tanker laden with weapons and ammunition on July 11, by a combined team of the Army and that of the State Security Service at Malisa, Gwandu Local Government Area of Kebbi State enroute Sokoto from Kano State startled Kebbians and sent fears down the spines of people and that the state may no longer be safe from the activities of insurgents who have now found safe haven in Sokoto just 84 kilometres away from Kebbi.

Culled from http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/119667/1/how-security-personnel-foiled-supply-of-weapons-to.html
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Men...that'd be like 20 hours journey.
I don't think I can undergo that kind of stress o!
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
XerXesNG: Men...that'd be like 20 hours journey.
Bro I don't have an option o.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by desertboom(m): 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
XerXesNG: Men...that'd be like 20 hours journey.

20 hours?

Maybe, from Owerri to Kebbi should be two days.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
ajasa4link:
Bro I don't have an option o.

Maybe I'll break it down. ABJ first. Then Kebbi.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
desertboom:

20 hours?

Maybe, from Owerri to Kebbi should be two days.
There can't be a direct bus. Best go to ABJ first.
Im in Benin at the moment. I have to go to ABJ first too.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by desertboom(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
I know from Owerri to Abuja should be 8 - 10 hours. How long will it take to Kebbi?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by tnuola(f): 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hello people, I was posted to Adamawa any one posted there? I don't think I'm going tho cuz I don't wne die oo
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
desertboom: I know from Owerri to Abuja should be 8 - 10 hours. How long will it take to Kebbi?

ABJ to the camp in Kebbi should be about the same time. 8 hours.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
According to report, the camp is located in Dakingari in Suru Local Government Area of the state, a distance of 157 kilometers from Birnin Kebbi.

Kebbi is a very big place.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
I need to know Anybody who will be going from Lagos to kebbi... Please Any current corper serving in kebbi should also put us tru as to How to travel/ cost of traveling from Lagos to kebbi. Oga yokiti please we need senior kebbi corpers to put us tru
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
Past corps members, we need your assistance.

Lagos to Kebbi is more direct if they go through Ilorin and not Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by desertboom(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
XerXesNG: According to report, the camp is located in Dakingari in Suru Local Government Area of the state, a distance of 157 kilometers from Birnin Kebbi.

Kebbi is a very big place.

I hope one can get direct bus to camp from Abuja.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by yokiti: 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
ajasa4link: I need to know Anybody who will be going from Lagos to kebbi... Please Any current corper serving in kebbi should also put us tru as to How to travel/ cost of traveling from Lagos to kebbi. Oga yokiti please we need senior kebbi corpers to put us tru
There will be Kebbi night bus at Alaba Rago area of Iyana Iba or Oyingbo; going to Dakingari camp when you reach the designated bust stop in Kebbi wont be a major challenge.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
yokiti:
There will be Kebbi night bus at Alaba Rago area of Iyana Iba or Oyingbo; going to Dakingari camp when you reach the designated bust stop in Kebbi wont be a major challenge.
Alaba rago ke? Bros seriously I don't trust those people over there. U know I lived tru out my 4years in lasu at okoko, and I can say the little I saw about those hausas in that area was not really cool.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by nlng: 11:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
XerXesNG: Lets discuss redeployment or surviving in the state.

UPDATE - INTEL ACQUIRED SO FAR FROM NAIRALAND

Towns/LGAs of interest are below:
Zuru (Christian dominated LGA)
Birnin Kebbi (LGA that can be refferred to as a city)
Argungu
Aliero
Jega
Yauri

Kebbi is relatively peaceful unlike some other northern states.
Prepare to leave a somewhat isolated life because only your coleagues will provide you company and no where to go and unwind.
Dakingari, where the camp is, is the governor's town.
You can get an apartment in the barracks for some level of guaranteed safety. (Dukku barracks in Birnin Kebbi)
Weather gets very hot and very cold, so go with clothing for cold weather.

CAMP IS IN DAKINGARI NOT ARGUNGU.... TAKE NOTE. They are about 5 hours apart!
thanks
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by nlng: 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
I am posted to Kebbi state, I don't know how far it is from Benin and how to find my way there
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by nlng: 11:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
I also want to know if there is anyone posted to Kebbi State that would be leaving from Benin.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Microbiologist(m): 11:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
For any question concerning orientation camp call 07037919609 or connect with me through WhatsApp on 08129232670. For all of you posted to Kebbi State, please feel free to equally call or WhatsApp me to Ask any question also. Congratulation in advance to you all. Your brother from the other mother, Emmanuel. All You need now is believing in God for Better camp exercise and Service Year! Congrats to you all. Also connect with me through BBM on 7E464D32. Nothing to worry about please, just relax your mind. Am at your service till you arrive camp safely by God's grace.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Microbiologist(m): 11:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
Microbiologist: For any question concerning orientation camp call 07037919609 or connect with me through WhatsApp on 08129232670. For all of you posted to Kebbi State, please feel free to equally call or WhatsApp me to Ask any question also. Congratulation in advance to you all. Your brother from the other mother, Emmanuel. All You need now is believing in God for Better camp exercise and Service Year! Congrats to you all. Also connect with me through BBM on 7E464D32. Nothing to worry about please, just relax your mind. Am at your service till you arrive camp safely by God's grace.
Am in Kebbi State serving, Batch A 2014!
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by suyamasta(m): 12:00am On Jul 31, 2014
@XerXesNG that your map make sense you head dey dia well well atleast people can get an idea of where they are goin success to you all!
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Microbiologist(m): 12:06am On Jul 31, 2014
XerXesNG: Past corps members, we need your assistance.

Lagos to Kebbi is more direct if they go through Ilorin and not Abuja.
Exactly!
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 31, 2014
Its just too far,don't tink m going
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 12:14am On Jul 31, 2014
Cutekemitola: Its just too far,don't tink m going
Except u don't intend serving with this batch,u must at least get to camp first even if u intend redeployment.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by yokiti: 6:29am On Jul 31, 2014
ajasa4link:
Alaba rago ke? Bros seriously I don't trust those people over there. U know I lived tru out my 4years in lasu at okoko, and I can say the little I saw about those hausas in that area was not really cool.
Bro, I know at least 3 persons that do follow those buses up North when the need to journey across the Niger arises without any negative development.
As Mannylex will say; have no fear because you will journey to your destination in Joy.
You can as well follow Ilorin- Kontagora- Kebbi route:
You will get Ilorin Afonja at Iyana Ipaja; from Maraba park in Ilorin, Kontagora bus will be there, when you get to Kontagora, you will get those small Toyota starlet cars going to Kebbi either from the Auna- Salka- Agwara- Ibeto garage or opposite Baptist School/church- General Hospital- Colonel (Rtd.) Sani Bello vocational centre along Kebbi express.
As someone said on this thread, if the Dakingari camp is in Zuru local governement, then I can tell you to follow Government Girl College ( GGC)- Zuru town road instead but I just dont know how far the camp is from the Zuru town.
Niger and Kebbi states are so interwoven that at times, if you want to go from a place in Niger to another inbetween Niger state, you will enter Kebbi before getting to the place, its same for Kebbi state too.
Safe journey and do have a fulfilling service year ahead!
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 6:45am On Jul 31, 2014
nlng: I also want to know if there is anyone posted to Kebbi State that would be leaving from Benin.

Omo the map na the fastest way o. Benin to Ilorin is about 5 hours. Lets go through Ilorin. As they dey use bomb play for Abuja so...
NLNG what department?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 6:50am On Jul 31, 2014
See the map from Lagos/Benin through Ilorin/ABJ To Dakingari NYSC camp, Kebbi state.

Legend:
A: Lagos
B: Ilorin
C: Benin
D: Abuja
E: Dakingari NYSC camp, Kebbi State.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 31, 2014
ajasa4link:
Except u don't intend serving with this batch,u must at least get to camp first even if u intend redeployment.
I prefer not to serve with this batch.how do I go abt dat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adamawa Corper, Joseph Tobi Okediji Completes Major Projects At His PPA (photos) / NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance / How my 4months Salary As Kogi Corper Worth N168,000 was stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.