Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! (20631 Views)

Bauchi State NYSC 2014 Batch B...meets Here, Before We Meet There ! / NYSC 2014 Batch B House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Ngasky(m): 10:09am On Aug 04, 2014
XerXesNG: Airport to Suleja is full of traffic.

People recommended Zuba or Jabi park to get the vehicle to Kotangora. What do you think? Bearing in mind that I'll land in Abuja at 4-5PM
why cant u take sokoto flight from Lagos? It will be much easier
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 11:12am On Aug 04, 2014
Ngasky:
why cant u take sokoto flight from Lagos? It will be much easier

I would've. But im in Benin.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by gentle25: 7:24am On Aug 05, 2014
Safe trip!
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Roxey1120: 7:58am On Aug 07, 2014
So, no one has posted here since 5th. I hope nothing is wrong. My boyfriend called me when he arrived kebbi yesterday and as we were talking, he said "hold on" instead of his usual "baby, lemme call you back". since then, his phones have been switched off. I know it is not battery problem because he has a power bank. I am so scared.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by kinth(m): 8:12am On Aug 07, 2014
Camp is ok jst that network is bad, and evribodi has bin busy with registration and parade. 'DOUBLE UP' 'REMOVE HEAD REST'
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Roxey1120: 8:52am On Aug 07, 2014
kinth: Camp is ok jst that network is bad, and evribodi has bin busy with registration and parade. 'DOUBLE UP' 'REMOVE HEAD REST'

*big sigh*.. thanks..
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 09, 2014
The network must be really bad in kebbi o....not one single post kai
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Emmanueloy(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2014
Kebbi corpers are really having fun mehn. Lol, network's bad in the hostels tho'...
Err'one, how's been camp? No one is posting...hehehehe
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by joylicious(f): 10:24am On Aug 10, 2014
Corper Weee hope u r all enjoyn d camp?after ur camp activities if u dnt redploy nd u r posted to d state capital,holla me on 08094204683 r tru whatapp for any assistance.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by joylicious(f): 10:26am On Aug 10, 2014
Roxey1120: So, no one has posted here since 5th. I hope nothing is wrong. My boyfriend called me when he arrived kebbi yesterday and as we were talking, he said "hold on" instead of his usual "baby, lemme call you back". since then, his phones have been switched off. I know it is not battery problem because he has a power bank. I am so scared.

why u scared,dnt u trust him enough.dnt be scared kebbi is a peaceful state.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by desertboom(m): 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
I am in the camp here now, its a brand new camp built by the State Government and we're the first set to use the facility.

By Nigeria standard, the camp is very good. The Telecommunication network here is very poor as GPRS can disappear for even a whole day. Also, the military drills is too much as one hardly have time for himself.

I heard the weather is too extreme that we're very lucky to have been here this raining season. This is complete desert, a land locked. From here to Niger Republic is just 500 Nigeria currency as I was told.

When the Re-deployment form came out yesterday, over 90% picked the form. I wonder if NYSC can relocate such a large sum. Competition for re-deployment is damn high here. I pray I succeed too.

I would've love to post photo of the camp, but I can't due to crapy network service here.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Emmanueloy(m): 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
Desertboom,
na soo oh...the drills are too much, everything is compulsory. The State looks cool tho', but so many of us are going to redeploy
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 1:03am On Aug 14, 2014
Sup guys,I've not been able to post here for a while now due to the poor internet services here in kebbi. I got to kebbi camp around 1.am on the 5th August after leaving Lagos 10am on the 4th August making it a 15hours journey by straight bus from iddo park,Lagos.
I would say apart from the camp being a brand new camp,and the social nights that gets really interesting since it commenced,there is nothing really good to write home about this camp. The feeding arrangements is totally rubbish, Or how do u explain able bodied men and women who are graduates to be fed just a slice of yam as breakfast, one crappy tuwo and okra plus a tiny boiled shawa fish as lunch and 4 silly slice of bread as dinner. We are forced to attend boring lectures for hours in a hall that can hardly contain half of our population and we just have to make do with sitting on the bare floor just to listen to the various sleep inducing lectures. The soldiers are hard on us when it comes to parade and drills tho I heard it's not exclusive to our camp alone,but it's not reasonable when they keep giving strenuous drills despite having at least 10people collapsing per drill. The bad Network reception in the camp makes the whole hellish experience unbearable.
But despite all this,I think I will be staying for my ppa here because am not ready to confer on my some chronic which I don't have. I know my ppa wouldn't be as tough and boring as the camp because no camp official or director will be siphoning the money meant for my upkeep instead of using it for what it ought to be. I know God is dere

1 Like

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by desertboom(m): 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
The lecture pains me to my bone marrows, how can someone sit for over 5 hours stretch everyday listening to some crapy boring lectures.

As for staying here, I say big NO to it. Everything here appears outside down to me.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
Well, finally the general lectures have stopped and the rest of the 21 days is to be used for introductory training in 12 vocational fields.
This should bring some ease to surviving that 5 hour period.

Some camps don't have water or electricity. This camp has both. Things are unbelievably cheap at the mami market. Things like food o!

NO ALCOHOL IN THIS CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, this camp will be enjoyed more by 2014 Batch C and the 2015 BATCH A posted to Kebbi state because by then, if construction continues after our exit, it would be complete.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
Those people fainting while we march just want redeployment.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by Roxey1120: 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2014
joylicious:

why u scared,dnt u trust him enough.dnt be scared kebbi is a peaceful state.

i was talking about safety and not trust. thanks tho..

1 Like

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
XerXesNG: Well, finally the general lectures have stopped and the rest of the 21 days is to be used for introductory training in 12 vocational fields.
This should bring some ease to surviving that 5 hour period.

Some camps don't have water or electricity. This camp has both. Things are unbelievably cheap at the mami market. Things like food o!

NO ALCOHOL IN THIS CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, this camp will be enjoyed more by 2014 Batch C and the 2015 BATCH A posted to Kebbi state because by then, if construction continues after our exit, it would be complete.
u call 250 for a plate of rice and meat cheap? Like seriously?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
XerXesNG: Those people fainting while we march just want redeployment.
Not true. It's Not everybody who is as strong as u. I've seen people whose body can't withstand as much stress as we go tru every day.... so it's necessarily true that they are feigning collapse .
On the comic side,I think it's d one slice of yam and 4slice of bread that's responsible for the fainting o
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by XerXesNG(m): 11:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
ajasa4link:
u call 250 for a plate of rice and meat cheap? Like seriously?

Lol...but the meat is cowleg na.
Its not cheap but its relatively cheap. At least in comparison to other camps...
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by yorex2011: 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
Live pics from campfire nite grin

Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by yorex2011: 7:53am On Aug 24, 2014
Anyone got redeployed?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by desertboom(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2014
I did everything but was not redeployed rather I was posted to Government Girls Science School Argungu to teach.

There is accommodation in the school but staying in that Argungu is one big task for me. I pray the redeployment works.

Fellow Kebbi state corp member, how about yours?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by yorex2011: 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
desertboom: I did everything but was not redeployed rather I was posted to Government Girls Science School Argungu to teach.

There is accommodation in the school but staying in that Argungu is one big task for me. I pray the redeployment works.

Fellow Kebbi state corp member, how about yours?

Ggss augie?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by desertboom(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
yorex2011:

Ggss augie?
Are you staying?
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by yorex2011: 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
desertboom:
Are you staying?

Yh... There presently
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by desertboom(m): 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
yorex2011:

Yh... There presently
I like your patriotism and loyalty to National Service.
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by ajasa4link: 10:38am On Sep 03, 2014
I was posted to Federal Government College, Birnin Yauri. The school makes sense with comfortable accommodation, constant electricity and Good payment package compared to the state government paying peanuts. As federal school, federal government pays 5k and u can make extra bar from extra lessons as much as 2k weekly depending on the subject u take.
The batch A and C corpers we met there have been big brothers and sisters to us,just like our family. Though am presently in Lagos, I look forward to going back after my 3weeks leave.
By the weather in birnin Yauri is mild when compared to the harsh weather of Dakin-Gari
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by hayordelevic(m): 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
Mine is GDSS maiyama its 100naira to jega and 250 to the state capital...
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by pounds12345: 7:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
i hv been posted 2vet clinic birnin kebbi
any1 close by? lets hook-up...
Re: Kebbi State NYSC 2014 BATCH B...meets Here! by pounds12345: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
joylicious: Corper Weee hope u r all enjoyn d camp?after ur camp activities if u dnt redploy nd u r posted to d state capital,holla me on 08094204683 r tru whatapp for any assistance.

r u a senior kopa or a fellow batchB?
i hv been posted 2vet hospital birnin kebbi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adamawa Corper, Joseph Tobi Okediji Completes Major Projects At His PPA (photos) / NYSC Members To Earn Public Service Salary Scale As Allowance / How my 4months Salary As Kogi Corper Worth N168,000 was stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.