Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria (1111 Views)

In the need of Xamarin urgently / Nairaland Has Multi-Billion Dollar Potential Startup Value If Taken Seriously / Need For More Programmers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by EGNG: 10:54am On Jul 31, 2014
The need for the first Nigeria owned billion dollar company in the country owned by a group of young people in their 20’s and 30’s.

I am 27 year old, approaching 28 soon and I remember when I was 19 all I ever wanted to be was free. To be free of my parents financial hold on me, to be free to marry the girl I wanted, to be free to marry the girl I love regardless of her religion and ethnicity. To be free of religion and all other vices that put my humanity in a book and conscious swings from godly to hell bound depending on a pastor’s mood. (Apologies to all religious people out there)

I just always wanted more out of life, and I was sure I was going to get it one way or another. And it was indeed one way or another as I kept getting into trouble, got arrested a few times, almost got lynched, was imprisoned in another country for close to a month under false allegations. I have witnessed my most stupid self while trying to be a great person and it was and still is a heck of an adventure. I am sure my kids and their kids would be entertained by my many stories.

But I am still 27 and not yet where I want to be, and I don’t want that to be the case anymore. Everyday I wake up to new stories of business acquisitions in the billions of dollars. I wake up to CNN African voices showing striving but mostly mediocre hands in Africa and I tell myself, is this all Africa has to offer? Jason Njoku is the best of our story?? Really? I love Jason but I want more Jasons, I want more?
‘People can work for greatness’ I once told a guy I had just employed and he told me it was impossible, people would only work for money he said, and he was dead sure he was right. I was not having that, but he was right. Unfortunately this is often the case. Brilliant and creative young people slaving away at companies that value what is in their employee handbook than what is in their heads. Is this the way for us? When would we partake of the gold rush in today’s internet enabled world? When would we create something that would bring the world to our doorstep? When? Are we too preoccupied with what we would eat that we burn the bridges to a better tomorrow today in other to cook a meal that our children would not be a beneficiary of? This cannot be the way.

I BELIEVE that I am still going to become a billionaire. I believe that the road to getting there is not as hard as the road I took to being able to employ myself. I actually believe the road is a lot easier. The thoughts of the possibilities of the future gives me restless nights and has me hitting walls because something inside me keeps telling me that I am shortchanging myself, that I can do much much better than what I am doing, and I believe this voice.

If this rings true for you, if you know you can do better than where you are, let us join hands and form a company. I have a dream and a passion that would see us set the world ablaze, I promise it.
PROGRAMMERS, GRAPHIC ARTISTS, THINKERS, DOERS

Let me lead you as we venture into the unknown, let us form something that would shake this world. If your faith is as strong as mine in the possibilities embedded in our minds with application to our surroundings and the world then walk with me.
If this applies to you and you have a job then QUIT your job dammit!

While I may not be looking for employees but partners I would give you a decent salary if that is what it takes to make you walk with me! I would give you all a salary!

I want people who are truly talented at their craft, who truly want to leave a name in this world.

I have a plan, and if you are on the same page with me I promise the road would be tough, but you wont even notice it till when we arrive at our goal.

3 Likes

Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by zonax(m): 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Kindly inbox me your mail ID
Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by EGNG: 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
zonax: Kindly inbox me your mail ID

Thanks.

emminencegriseng@gmail.com
Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by asalimpo(m): 3:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
Big talk. You need it cuz w/o d passion no progress. Did u read cs?
Do u have btw $10k-$100k to start with? I mean to take risks with, were all d money cud b lost.
Jason njoku is an Enterprenuer not a techie (not shown he coded up d idea) by contrast Larry Ellison is a Techie and an Enterprenuer.
He coded d first oracle db after reading a mathematical paper on it. So if u want very advanced software u need math/cs geeks ultra. But you've gat2 b one yourself.
You could still make ur $M,$B by being a business type. But @ d end of d day ur company is going to operate like a business shop. Acqu-hiring tech strtups cuz u guyz cant code stuff inhouse , outsides runng excel numbers and powerpoint slides. But you can get by ,you just wont ace , cuz business types will keep interfering and bossg tech types.
E.g, wen marketg genius from pepsi cola was hired to supplant jobs at apple, apple quickly suffered losses tht almost put it out of business-until jobs was brought in to salvage it.
The alternative to d pepsi guy was an ibm fellow. This guy was all tech,had a track record of innovative achievements @ ibm, i think he inspired the ibm pc idea tht led to d computer revolution.
Had he been chosen to manage apple , it wud prob'ly hav fared better. But he wasnt. Pardon me for not includg names here. The pepsi guy's name is John Sculley.
On d other hand Tech nerds arent good at expandg companies, forget the Bill Gates fable. Ms hired a ceo shortly after incorporatg.
Atari inc. Was doing well as a tech company making circa, lets say 1/6th its potential and thnkg it was doing great. Until, a retired business executive tht had run a textile company was hired(business type)- in record time, Atari was making so much more. It's earngs under d business guy dwarfed its earlier earngs.
They were layoff,more discipline and tighter regulations. The family atmosphere of atari evaporated .it was now strictly business but ... The bottomline,profits rocketed.
So there u hav it. Business type vs techie type (u gat it all. The pros and cons)
Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by GodMode: 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by asalimpo(m): 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
GodMode: Rubbish...
EGNG and asalimpo like long stories...

That Jason guy has l*** m****... He's no nerd.. Just a guy who got lucky with Youtube.. Infact, anyone can get lucky with youtube.
Yes egng has just noticed that Nigeria is filled with "Today thinkers" not "future thinkers".

My advise is stop dreaming and start thinking of solutions....
And google gat lucky with search!
Zuckerberg got lucky with friends?
How com nobody saw d potentials they saw?
Go and learn your i.t history thoroughly. U dnt know jack!
Jason njoku - is no nerd like i pointed out. But dat dnt matter as long as there's a continuous market for his product.

** i lov long stories . I hav a lot to say. I dnt quip and pass.i talk/write at lenght **

2 Likes

Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by toshodei: 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
I think NL (Nairaland) is Nigera's billion dollar company u are looking for. Check here ~> https://www.nairaland.com/1837291/nairaland-multi-billion-dollar-potential-startup
Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by fattbabakay(m): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by Raypawer(m): 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
hmm well I can see the optimist and persimist here... what Godmode is saying is actually true to some extent... in Nigeria today, to think of a multi billion $$ stuff uve gat to think fast, observe Ur environ Nd act fast... I mean ultra fast....

but u must start smtin no matter how small, its better to try Nd fail than not to try at all cos when u fail, u realise a better way of doing it....
Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by GideonG(m): 12:18am On Aug 01, 2014
I think we have so many things in common. Ladies and Gentlemen I keep saying this that I am the African dream.
I will unveil everything on 1st September and the entire Africa will shake.
Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by digitite: 9:34am On Aug 06, 2014
EGNG: The need for the first Nigeria owned billion dollar company in the country owned by a group of young people in their 20’s and 30’s.

I am 27 year old, approaching 28 soon and I remember when I was 19 all I ever wanted to be was free. To be free of my parents financial hold on me, to be free to marry the girl I wanted, to be free to marry the girl I love regardless of her religion and ethnicity. To be free of religion and all other vices that put my humanity in a book and conscious swings from godly to hell bound depending on a pastor’s mood. (Apologies to all religious people out there)

I just always wanted more out of life, and I was sure I was going to get it one way or another. And it was indeed one way or another as I kept getting into trouble, got arrested a few times, almost got lynched, was imprisoned in another country for close to a month under false allegations. I have witnessed my most stupid self while trying to be a great person and it was and still is a heck of an adventure. I am sure my kids and their kids would be entertained by my many stories.

But I am still 27 and not yet where I want to be, and I don’t want that to be the case anymore. Everyday I wake up to new stories of business acquisitions in the billions of dollars. I wake up to CNN African voices showing striving but mostly mediocre hands in Africa and I tell myself, is this all Africa has to offer? Jason Njoku is the best of our story?? Really? I love Jason but I want more Jasons, I want more?
‘People can work for greatness’ I once told a guy I had just employed and he told me it was impossible, people would only work for money he said, and he was dead sure he was right. I was not having that, but he was right. Unfortunately this is often the case. Brilliant and creative young people slaving away at companies that value what is in their employee handbook than what is in their heads. Is this the way for us? When would we partake of the gold rush in today’s internet enabled world? When would we create something that would bring the world to our doorstep? When? Are we too preoccupied with what we would eat that we burn the bridges to a better tomorrow today in other to cook a meal that our children would not be a beneficiary of? This cannot be the way.

I BELIEVE that I am still going to become a billionaire. I believe that the road to getting there is not as hard as the road I took to being able to employ myself. I actually believe the road is a lot easier. The thoughts of the possibilities of the future gives me restless nights and has me hitting walls because something inside me keeps telling me that I am shortchanging myself, that I can do much much better than what I am doing, and I believe this voice.

If this rings true for you, if you know you can do better than where you are, let us join hands and form a company. I have a dream and a passion that would see us set the world ablaze, I promise it.
PROGRAMMERS, GRAPHIC ARTISTS, THINKERS, DOERS

Let me lead you as we venture into the unknown, let us form something that would shake this world. If your faith is as strong as mine in the possibilities embedded in our minds with application to our surroundings and the world then walk with me.
If this applies to you and you have a job then QUIT your job dammit!

While I may not be looking for employees but partners I would give you a decent salary if that is what it takes to make you walk with me! I would give you all a salary!

I want people who are truly talented at their craft, who truly want to leave a name in this world.

I have a plan, and if you are on the same page with me I promise the road would be tough, but you wont even notice it till when we arrive at our goal.

I read fellow Loud and Clear... Ahu! Ahu !Ahu !
Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by digitite: 9:52am On Aug 06, 2014
Raypawer: hmm well I can see the optimist and persimist here... what Godmode is saying is actually true to some extent... in Nigeria today, to think of a multi billion $$ stuff uve gat to think fast, observe Ur environ Nd act fast... I mean ultra fast....

but u must start smtin no matter how small, its better to try Nd fail than not to try at all cos when u fail, u realise a better way of doing it....

Acting fast or ultra fast as you put it, is not necessarily it but going forward with a plan, purpose and learning never stops smiley
Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by juliebest(f): 11:57am On Aug 06, 2014
Good words Op.

This should be frontpage material.
Re: The Need For The First Nigeria Owned Billion Dollar Company In Nigeria by PenSoftCorp(m): 1:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
well, the voice of change, a wise man once said it is only a fool that keep doing the same thing and expect a different result, what i observe is that in NIGERIA is that there is a trend tech follows in this country, the people reckon with foreign things(tokunbo) even to the extent of food and cloth(boskoro), i actually saw that it is not the peoples fault, but those producing it, to be sincere u cant compare the foreign things with what we produce.
i later now saw that the problem lies in our love for money, so we forget the fact that the product is mainly to add value to the customers and the focuss is not to make money, even the opener of this thread was talking about making billions, that should not be the main focuss.
for eg, i learnt that for good 3yrs, google didn't make a dime after the creation
also i adherf to thf fact that to make an impact in NIGERIA, we dont need a LEADER, we need a TEAM.
contact me at ;pensoftcorp@gmail.com
CHANGES BEGINS WITH YOU.
THANK YOU.

(1) (Reply)

Bash Shell Vulnerability Affects Linux,unix And Mac OS X / Php Reply Problem. / My New Android App: Solar System Setup Android App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.