Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Stephen Keshi Debunks Reports About Being Offered N7m Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Debunks Reports About Being Offered N7m Contract (467 Views)

Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stephen Keshi Debunks Reports About Being Offered N7m Contract by teniola55(m): 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
While the recent reports provide the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) offered Stephen Keshi N7 million monthly for coaching the Super Eagles, the Big Boss says nobody spoke with him about that sum.It was yesterday allegedly discovered that Keshi was “willing to continue” as the Eagles’ head coach with the improved financial conditions of the renewed contract.
However according to .com, when contacted in the USA for confirmation, the former Togo and Mali boss debunked the reports saying:
“No! I have not discussed anything with anybody! I left Nigeria before the Sallah break. I didn’t speak with any of the committee members before I left and I haven’t spoken with any of them on the matter since then. It was only Deji Tinubu who said they want me to continue and I said fine; let them bring up their offer that I may see. That’s it. I don’t know where they came up with N7 million offer from. I am not aware of that.”
Numerous controversies and speculations have been recently surrounding the relationship saga between the NFF and the team’s ex-captain.
The immediate reports after the Eagles’ knock-out of the 2014 FIFA World Cup indicated that he did not intend to stay with the Nigerian team any longer, however later the NFF officials were said to have expressed their interest in continuing cooperation with the coach, who lead the squad to 2013 AFCON victory and to 1/8 of the 2014 Mundial. Various sources provided information on the new versions of the contract with Keshi. Still, the official confirmation on the final deal is yet expected.

(1) (Reply)

Impeachment: FA Chairmen ‘re-instate’ Maigari after congress / Maigari Arrested Over NFF Fire Outbreak —NSC / IK Uche Wants Me To Beg Him — Keshi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.